Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,333 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Let's Give GEJ A Chance - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Give GEJ A Chance (6129 Views)

What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2013? / What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? / India Are Still Battling With Power Cuts, So Give GEJ Time To Tackle Problem! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 07, 2011
ddc machine:

@ larablog, gej and the community inhabitants, who shld report security threats to the law enforcement agent? Taking an instance on how the Aba kidnapping was stopped

ddc machine:

@kobo, the inhabitants of aba made a tipp-off to the law enforcement agents, the kidnappers' den was expose, the law enforcement agents took it up from there, but the josites and co has refused to do same and are seeing what they are xperiencing

Please mind your words! Aba kidnapping has by no means stopped. It has certainly reduced but NOT STOPPED! In fact Imo, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom are still seeing kidnappings aswell. This was how they slowed down after the kidnapping of 3 journalists about July last year only to come and peak again at 50th independence last year with the kidnap of 15 school pupils. 4 female corpers and several secondary school girls were also kidnapped prior to this which really brought the issue to a head.

I beg of you not to trivialize the issue because the torture and maltreatment the kidnappers inflict on their victims is inhumane to say the least and should not be experienced by one more soul.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Gbawe: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2011
laoak2:

How long does GEJ need to rule for before we realise that he has nothing to offer, he does not have solution to any of our problem, Electricity, water, education, security, crisis, corruption, unemplyoment, etc even fuel ( we should not be decieved by what we see now, the problem is still there)
pls lets reason together, we need to change this country for our children, it might be too late for some of us.

Indeed . As a leader you do not even need more than a day for folks to positively feel your genuine will and committment to doing what is required to bring about progress. This is even especially more true when dealing with a nation like Nigeria where the problems are so basic that genuine political will can begin bearing fruit almost immediately. If , for example , we know that election rigging is one of our greatest headache then we should ask why any decent President does not do everything possible , as justice Uwais adviced , to ensure that election riggers are automatically sanctioned and banned from contesting future election as a very potent detterent against electoral miisconduct. This is a simple measure yet with far-reaching effects for our quest for greatness as a nation. Yet we all saw GEJ, recently , campaigning for the re-election efforts of a man (Uduaghan ) deemed an election rigger by a competent Court of Law. When we have a President who is acting against everything that can bring progress why on earth should anyone want us to give such an individual a chance ? How many of us give burglars a "chance" by leaving our doors unlocked?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by snthesis(m): 8:59am On Feb 07, 2011
I'm really amazed at the anti-GEJ sentiments running around, you guys have absolutely no idea what that dude is facing, it was an uphill task for him to get inducted as the Nigerian president, imagine a V.P of a nation contending with the wife of a bed ridden president for 3months, with the senate unable to do the "right thing", , nobody wanted him there and if they had their way, Nigeria would still be run under the guise of the good for nothing "cabal". now fast forward to present day, the same trend is what we are being faced with, group of individuals deliberately heating up the polity, imagine a bloody army ganging up against one man, i recall a politician saying if GEJ doesnt step down due to zoning, then  they would ensure that the country is ungovernable under his tenure- now is that a threat or not?,, and still yet the dude keeps his head, and reacts sapiently and i can assure you when the time comes you would see stepwise dissolution of these anti-Nigeria ppl, never mistake the meekness of a lion for cowardice.
Nigeria is seriously under threat within and without, GEJ's handling of the matter is commendable, not perfect.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 07, 2011
^^^^^
guyman, it's like you don't know the capabilities of Jonathan in that seat hence you ''commend'' the mediocre.

I recommend you go read the post above yours I think Gbawe wrote it. (Don't be lazy, actually read it and take in all you can)
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Gbawe: 9:15am On Feb 07, 2011
snthesis:

I'm really amazed at the anti-GEJ sentiments running around, you guys have absolutely no idea what that dude is facing, it was an uphill task for him to get inducted as the Nigerian president, imagine a V.P of a nation contending with the wife of a bed ridden president for 3months, with the senate unable to do the "right thing", , nobody wanted him there and if they had their way, Nigeria would still be run under the guise of the good for nothing "cabal". now fast forward to present day, the same trend is what we are being faced with, group of individuals deliberately heating up the polity, imagine a bloody army ganging up against one man, i recall a politician saying if GEJ doesnt step down due to zoning, then  they would ensure that the country is ungovernable under his tenure- now is that a threat or not?,, and still yet the dude keeps his head, and reacts sapiently and i can assure you when the time comes you would see stepwise dissolution of these anti-Nigeria ppl, never mistake the meekness of a lion for cowardice.
Nigeria is seriously under threat within and without, GEJ's handling of the matter is commendable, not perfect.

Why don't you tell us why Jonathan is assisting election riggers instead of moving to ensure they are sanctioned ? Is election rigging not one of the greatest problems facing Nigeria? How can it , by any stretch of the imagination , make sense that a President some claim is the right man for the job is to be found compounding one of the greatest problems facing his own Nation?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Kobojunkie: 9:18am On Feb 07, 2011
ddc machine:

@kobo, the inhabitants of aba made a tipp-off to the law enforcement agents, the kidnappers' den was expose, the law enforcement agents took it up from there, but the josites and co has refused to do same and are seeing what they are xperiencing

Is this the official story or the version you have for yourself? Because I don't believe that is what we were told.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by ejisconotension: 9:19am On Feb 07, 2011
Who are those calling for GEJ's head. Do they think ruling this country is like eating bread and butter. You better start it in your environs before coming out to make comments that are not constructive.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Kobojunkie: 9:20am On Feb 07, 2011
^^^^ Is this your new moniker ? @Johndoe? @Nsiman? @DDCMachine ? @Ma_J_Blige?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by danielmichael(m): 9:22am On Feb 07, 2011
GOODLUCK JONATHAN IS AN INIMITABLE DUPLICATE,PURITANICALLY COMMITTED,INSCRUTABLY REMONSTRATIVE,ideologically transcendental,quixotically cosmopolitan and a portmanteau of indecipherability, jonathan is a man that has the plenipotential power to subside on multifarious multipurpose, a man that has the effranchise of polluting the country with siemential flicco-acetic fluid to all the homo-sapiens, a man that is engulfed with sangential futuristic commando,.a man with tremendous stupendous and factituous egleos, aside this he has the fliggotetic power to extirpate the militancy plan of aggrandizement of a cabal, he is suit to the gargantuan seat of a presidential presidentiality, thanku
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Tokotaya: 9:29am On Feb 07, 2011
GEJ has had enough time to demonstrate that he has ideas, to demonstrate that he will do things differently this time and make us proud. I was really hopeful at the beginning of his tenure and I routed for him to succeed. But now, I am convinced he is same of the same. Nothing inspiring, nothing to hope for. He is as clueless as the as his predecessors who believed a problem is solved merely by appointing a Special Adviser. No new ideas. No freshness. Abeg, we should be rid of this man before it the country is ruined beyond repairs.
Now, look at Lagos and its helmsman, Fashola. I disliked the idea that he was foisted on his party by Bola Tinubu. I didnt expect much from him. But it was not long before I realised he had a vision of what Lagos should look like. Today, you may hate him for many other reasons, but you cant deny that he has a vision and has a clue how to achieve it. Can we say that about GEJ? Sadly no.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 07, 2011
@Ejisconotension
my friend! Do you know how i've been enlightening registrants at polling stations on the needs to protect their vote. You do not know any of us here just like we don't know you don't assume we are as lazy and offhandish as you.

In fact I won't bother answering you. Stick to the topic at hand.

People are trying to setup a base of rationality and you're coming to talk like a paid sycophant

Again the celebration of Mediocrity!

Nigeria Wake Up!
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by snthesis(m): 10:06am On Feb 07, 2011
Gbawe:

Why don't you tell us why Jonathan is assisting election riggers instead of moving to ensure they are sanctioned ? Is election rigging not one of the greatest problems facing Nigeria? How can it , by any stretch of the imagination , make sense that a President some claim is the right man for the job is to be found compounding one of the greatest problems facing his own Nation?

hw is GEJ assisting election riggers? pls explain.

daniel michael:

GOODLUCK JONATHAN IS AN INIMITABLE DUPLICATE,PURITANICALLY COMMITTED,INSCRUTABLY REMONSTRATIVE,ideologically transcendental,quixotically cosmopolitan and a portmanteau of indecipherability, jonathan is a man that has the plenipotential power to subside on multifarious multipurpose, a man that has the effranchise of polluting the country with siemential flicco-acetic fluid to all the homo-sapiens, a man that is engulfed with sangential futuristic commando,.a man with tremendous stupendous and factituous egleos, aside this he has the fliggotetic power to extirpate the militancy plan of aggrandizement of a cabal, he is suit to the gargantuan seat of a presidential presidentiality, thanku
shocked shocked PANADOL WERE ART THOU
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by damogul: 10:11am On Feb 07, 2011
Some people seem to think that this election is all about who wins. This is for those who just say "GEJ  would win hands down". We are no longer blind to the truth or deaf to it either. I am an easterner but have always believed in a Nigeria which goes beyond ethnicity or zoning. The moment the average Nigerian begins to get respect and have his rights defended and protected that would be when we would have the right leadership. GEJ is not in that mould. He would have fared better if he was under a different party besides the PDP but as long as GEJ is with a selfish and violent party like the PDP then he has lost my vote. We deserve better in this country. Nairalanders wise up to this fact. You deserve a better life and a better future not just for yourselves but for your children and their children. Any error done today has a ripple effect that would take years to fix. I am a christian and because my bible tells me that when the righteous is on the throne the people rejoice, I cast my vote for Buhari and Bakare duo. It is on record that both of these individuals are principled and free from corrupt practices. GEJ  would do well as a minister or a governor but he is not Presidential stuff. The stage Nigeria is now we need someone who is firm, determined, focused and able to take decisions that affect us in record time. We have watched Nigeria deteriorate and commence the sinking process of a leaking vessel. We must plug up the leaks to enable us stay afloat. Even in Africa we are regarded as a big joke not to mention in other parts of the world. Please please please. Lets not make the errors our fathers did.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Gbawe: 10:14am On Feb 07, 2011
snthesis:

hw is GEJ assisting election riggers? pls explain.

Did he not openly champion the re-election efforts of Uduaghan recently after a Nigerian Court had declared that Uduaghan profited from election rigging ?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 10:15am On Feb 07, 2011
^^^^Damogul

LOL.

Thats speech is for NairaLanders- majority of who are too sophisticated to go and line up to get registered, talkless of voting.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 10:18am On Feb 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I like to ignore you, it gives me pleasure, but not this time, because you have finally shown that you have lost your mind.

To your question, thats not me, my scum bag friend.

I do not need multiple user names to make my point, looser.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by snthesis(m): 10:24am On Feb 07, 2011
Gbawe:

Did he not openly champion the re-election efforts of Uduaghan recently after a Nigerian Court had declared that Uduaghan profited from election rigging ?
since when did GEJ become a judge? and if by your pointers, INEC and the judiciary deemed Uduaghan fit to contest again, who are u to declare otherwise?

Tokotaya:

GEJ has had enough time to demonstrate that he has ideas, to demonstrate that he will do things differently this time and make us proud. I was really hopeful at the beginning of his tenure and I routed for him to succeed. But now, I am convinced he is same of the same. Nothing inspiring, nothing to hope for. He is as clueless as the as his predecessors who believed a problem is solved merely by appointing a Special Adviser. No new ideas. No freshness. Abeg, we should be rid of this man before it the country is ruined beyond repairs.
Now, look at Lagos and its helmsman, Fashola. I disliked the idea that he was foisted on his party by Bola Tinubu. I didnt expect much from him. But it was not long before I realised he had a vision of what Lagos should look like. Today, you may hate him for many other reasons, but you cant deny that he has a vision and has a clue how to achieve it. Can we say that about GEJ? Sadly no.
how much level playing time has GEJ had?, you guys just think running a country is yam, Dude you need firstly, to have a clear manifesto of what you want to achieve in a set period. what GEJ is doing is damage limitation at best, and once he becomes the President on his terms, expect to see massive improvement, i can guarantee that!!!!
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 10:25am On Feb 07, 2011
most of these people talking here cant even govern a home talkless of a country:

Before criticizing people, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 07, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

most of these people talking here cant even govern a home talkless of a country:

Before criticizing people, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes.

what is this rubbish you are spewing ? If your mumu guy can't and doesn't have what it takes to rule a country,he can go back to lecture room.

Is good governance and service delivery too big to ask for ? Smh in disappointment.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 10:40am On Feb 07, 2011
^^^back to sender bro.

You spew better rubbish than most people in here.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by rasputinn(m): 10:41am On Feb 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Kobo,this is gradually becoming your albatross,your penchant to pointlessly criticise peoples's opinions(without giving yours),asking irrelevant(well sometimes scarcely relevant questions),when will you start martialling cogent points to back up your point of view(i.e when you have any)??

The only good thing about your posts is that they're neither entirely toxic nor malicious
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by rasputinn(m): 10:43am On Feb 07, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Is good governance and service delivery too big to ask for ? Smh in disappointment.

Why shake your head in dissappointment,are you dissappointed in yourself?or doesn't your location say you're in the presidential villa?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by bisiaet: 10:54am On Feb 07, 2011
Give him a chance so that more Nigerians would be killed in Jos, Borno, Bayelsa, Abuja etc.

Give him a chance to loot the ECA more.

Give him a chance to defend the October 1 bomb blast.

Let me ask, what happened to Dokpesi, IBB and the October 1 bomb suspects?

Oh heaven please this poster so is Gej who brought all this? So you mean all this started by him? You need to go back and read news very and go back to do your research well ok please dont take it personal is just an advise.

Now listen and please listen carefully I will say over and over Iam not a PDP member neither from Gej village or state is either you belief it or not Aso Rock will only be vacant in 2015 and Gej is the occupier till that 2015 "FACT"because I will not belief it or be part of the miracle that ACN that has only 4 or 5 states and CPC that has no single state out of 36 state of the federation will defeated PDP who is the ruling party that has almost all the remaining states please lets stop deceiving ourselves and lets stop creating hate politics here, let say the truth to ourselves this is too clear PDP is ruling till 2015 and lets stop all sorts of rant and blablablabla it wont work. Full stop.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 07, 2011
rasputinn:

Why shake your head in dissappointment,are you dissappointed in yourself?or doesn't your location say you're in the presidential villa?

what has your stu-pid deduction got to do with my comment ? Anyways,I guess you've not been to that area before.the presidential villa covers a wide area and it doesn't necessarily mean jonathan's residence.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 10:58am On Feb 07, 2011
Let them keep preaching hate, tribalism and spread derogatory news, one day soon - come April, they will wake up and put a knife on their own throat because of GEJ.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 11:00am On Feb 07, 2011
~Bluetooth:

what has your stu-pid deduction got to do with my comment ? Anyways,I guess you've not been to that area before.the presidential villa covers a wide area and it doesn't necessarily mean jonathan's residence.

LOL Really?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by omo9ja1(m): 11:05am On Feb 07, 2011
I will say NO, I am either to support Gej or oppose him, since he assume office we have more negative issue than positive things,

first in a country is to ensure safety and security - GEJ fail

Corruption - GEJ fail

but the guy has done fell goods, but I will like to see opposition that will turn the country round I dont care be he/she Hausa,Igbo or Yoruba all I know is that Nigeria should be back to be the giant of Africa, its time will need a change real change not failing promises from PDP or other parties

GEJ please resign or go back to VP position and let someone that can perform and demonstraight the power on them to rule us well.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by chibest5(m): 11:16am On Feb 07, 2011
How long does GEJ need to rule for before we realise that he has nothing to offer, he does not have solution to any of our problem, Electricity, water, education, security, crisis, corruption, unemplyoment, etc even fuel ( we should not be decieved by what we see now, the problem is still there)
pls lets reason together, we need to change this country for our children, it might be too late for some of us.

Please can you please tell me among the candidates that came out for this election; the person you think that has something to offer, they are all fighting for their pockets. please lets give this man a chance, as they say "The Devil you know is better that the Angel you don't know", i have decided to vote for him (GEJ) that day because my Instinct tells me he can do it and i am sure so many Nigerians have decided to do that 2. The real criminals are the ones putting pressure on their selves not the Man, ever since he became president so many things has been happening that is a clear sign of change , The Devil fights everything he fears not what he does not fear.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by chibest5(m): 11:21am On Feb 07, 2011
EJ please resign or go back to VP position and let someone that can perform and demonstraight the power on them to rule us well.

LIKE ABACHA I GUESS.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 07, 2011
^^^^^
constant oppression mostly by PDP has made you scramble to chop any rotten scrap they offer you as presidential candidate.

I feel sorry for you, but not to worry though I strongly believe PDP will win as at now so you'll get what you want and deserve. Cheers you win
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 07, 2011
chibest5:

[s]Please can you please tell me among the candidates that came out for this election; the person you think that has something to offer, they are all fighting for their pockets. please lets give this man a chance, as they say "The Devil you know is better that the Angel you don't know", i have decided to vote for him (GEJ) that day because my Instinct tells me he can do it and i am sure so many Nigerians have decided to do that 2. The real criminals are the ones putting pressure on their selves not the Man, ever since he became president so many things has been happening that is a clear sign of change , The Devil fights everything he fears not what he does not fear.[/s]
Rubbish .

for how long do we continue to manage our leaders ? If jonathan is not up to the task,then he should get the hell out of that seat.Na by force ?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by chibest5(m): 11:43am On Feb 07, 2011
or how long do we continue to manage our leaders ? If jonathan is not up to the task,then he should get the hell out of that seat.Na by force ?

And who do you think is "UP TO THE TASK" The ones that preach religion or the once coming to enrich their selves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Clean, Honest – Wikileaks Quotes El-rufai / Save Nigeria Group" Victory Rally" Called Off / Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.