Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Let's Give GEJ A Chance - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Give GEJ A Chance (6128 Views)

What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2013? / What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? / India Are Still Battling With Power Cuts, So Give GEJ Time To Tackle Problem! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 07, 2011
We've given him 9 months. Question is: what has he done in that 9months?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by chibest5(m): 11:54am On Feb 07, 2011
We've given him 9 months. Question is: what has he done in that 9months?

it's just disgusting the way some people use their brain, the ones you gave 8 years and more what did they do for you? for the first time in the History of this Country, there was no fuel scarcity during festive period (X-mas and Salah), for the first time in 10 years, there is improvement in power supply, for the first time in this Country, our airline operators were given an operational ticket to any part of the United States, just to mention but a few all in your so called "9 months" what do we really need in this country? sad
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 07, 2011
chibest5:

And who do you think is "UP TO THE TASK" The ones that preach religion or the once coming to enrich their selves
How is he better than the ones we know ?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by lagoshost(m): 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2011
Yes, Afam you are right, lets give him a chance.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Muza(m): 12:37pm On Feb 07, 2011
lagoshost:

Yes, Afam you are right, lets give him a chance.
if we give him a chance the only thing he will do is to finally finish us (the masses) off
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 07, 2011
Muza:

if we give him a chance the only thing he will do is to finally finish us (the masses) off
what he cares about is being addressed as president .he also cares about his militant brothers.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by shark2last(m): 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2011
Sentiment should never be used to determine who 'll rule Nigeria in d next 4 years. GEJ has been there now for the past 10 months and the question is: what has he done that affect the average Nigerian positively? I see him as a clueless man who believes because he gets to power by chance that he's destined to rule. I see a better Nigeria with Buhari/Bakare.
Corruption thrives most during GEJ short tenure, or how do u explain the depletion in ECA at a time when the oil prices is soaring high, or how will u explain our foreign debt profile that is increasing despite the fact that ther is no infrastructural devpt.WHERE ARE THE MONEY GOING.
GEJ is a mere stoogy who would do anytin to please u just to get ur vote.He's nt objective and is ready to oblige and bend for anybody to get their support.
As for me I'll rather not vote at all if GEJ is the only presidential candidate in the country, nonsense
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Maximip(m): 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2011
He is currently the president, he has had his chance and we've seen enough of it.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Afam4eva(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2011
shark2last:

Sentiment should never be used to determine who 'll rule Nigeria in d next 4 years. GEJ has been there now for the past 10 months and the question is: what has he done that affect the average Nigerian positively? I see him as a clueless man who believes because he gets to power by chance that he's destined to rule. I see a better Nigeria with Buhari/Bakare.
Corruption thrives most during GEJ short tenure, or how do u explain the depletion in ECA at a time when the oil prices is soaring high, or how will u explain our foreign debt profile that is increasing despite the fact that ther is no infrastructural devpt.WHERE ARE THE MONEY GOING.
GEJ is a mere stoogy who would do anytin to please u just to get your vote.He's nt objective and is ready to oblige and bend for anybody to get their support.
As for me I'll rather not vote at all if GEJ is the only presidential candidate in the country, nonsense

Obasanjo was there for eight years what exactly did he do.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Maximip(m): 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2011
afam4eva:

Obasanjo is not the subject here. We're trying to move forward man. Even a mad man on the street will do better than obasanjo.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by omo9ja1(m): 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2011
again GEJ is too gentle to step on toes, so we need someone that will turn around the country for good even if he/she rule wahala Nigeria for just one month 1 month. using the Jos case nobody loose their Job in spite of the heavy security present there, I know you all  will say what will Mr GEJ will do in such situation, but he should have personally take in-charge of the state if the state gov is not capable the federal should be able to sort things out without any violent involve.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Afam4eva(m): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2011
Maximip:

Obasanjo is not the subject here. We're trying to move forward man. Even a mad man on the street will do better than obasanjo.

Thank God you know. Now is it to much to ask to give someone who has just ruled for 10 months a chance to see what he'll do after the election?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by shark2last(m): 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2011
The issue is not about Obasanjo but even at that Obasanjo saved for the futuer and almost everytin in our foreign reserve has been usurped by the prodigal son. GEJ has just been tested and he failed the Acid test. Why should we give him a chance, guy, we are talking abt the fate of 150million Nigerians for the next 4 yrs, let's be realistic
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Abdogood(m): 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2011
It is so painful that even in this our morden age, some people are stil born mumu followers. My advice to u all is "pls, make una try look behind d scene of every individual" there'er alwys truth about a person. 100days in office is 2much 4 a competent person to deliver. My question is what has he achieve so far in 11month in office. I believe he already has his chance. So far so gud. His govt as nt affect my lyf in anyway. So my vote goes 2 another. Afta all dem go stil rigga.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by ziccoit: 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2011
The only time PDP could have managed to put good foods on the table of Nigerians was during the OBJ tenure. He failed to the level no one has ever reached.

If you think GEJ is the answer,the curse of your children and the generations yet unborn including the teeming, poor, downtrodden Nigerians would be dangling on your neck when he failed. No doubt, he is going to fail. Today is the mirror of what tomorrow would be.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Gbawe: 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2011
snthesis:

since when did GEJ become a judge? and if by your pointers, INEC and the judiciary deemed Uduaghan fit to contest again, who are u to declare otherwise?

Debating with some of you GEJ fans is like banging ones head against a brick wall !!! Wether you know it or not , the President of most nations must demonstrate the highest level of ethics and integrity. They cannot say one minute that "Nigeria will only make progress when votes count" and the next minute be found campaigning for election riggers !!! It is not done anywhere but in lax Nigeria where logic is always stood on its head. Go and read Justice Uwais recommendations to Yar Adua. You will see a well laid out and robust plan for electoral reform that Yar Adua and Jonathan have ignored.

Election riggers thrive under men like Yar Adua and Jonathan because both are sponsored by an evil establishment that must cheat Nigerians to remain fat. Yar Adua and Jonathan, or any other compromised leader in their mould,  cannot have the will to do what has to be done otherwise at least one of them would have pushed for clear and unambigous provisions that will handle the automatic sanctioning and ban of election riggers as suggested by the Justice Uwais report. Keep making excuses that defy logic if you want . In the minds of most sensible adults the President of a nation should never be found contributing to that Nations greatest problems while citizens continue to make excuses for such irresponsible leadership . It is madness not seen anywhere else even if it is the norm in our strange and logic-defying Nation. In rich UK the Prime Minister decides to fly on commercial airlines to empathise with Britons facing a tough financial climate. In poverty-ridden Nigeria our President profligately buys new planes , with the old ones still serviceable, to applause and a round of excuses from his fans. Na wa sef for Nigerians.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by passyjango(m): 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2011
This is not a time to concern ourselves with who wins. Your job is to cast your vote on that day and remain there for it to be counted. If possible capture proceedings with your mobile phone. Rather than conceding defeat, this is a time to start convincing ordinary people and his mostly ignorant fans that GEJ lacks the capacity to push Nigeria towards the right direction. If majority of Nigerians vote against him, he will lose whether he likes it or not. So, instead of assuming he has already won, this a time to enlighten the ignorant. Your country needs you now and you must not disappoint. It is a matter of national importance to vote out GEJ in April as this country cannot stand another four years of mismanagement. Make sure you vote on that day, even if sentiment says your vote will not count or your candidate will not win. Vote first and wait for the result.

As for people claiming that GEJ is weak or gentle, I do not agree. GEJ is only pretending to be weak/gentle. It is his role on a script clearly written by the cabal. The fact is that GEJ is a member of the cabal responsible for mismanaging Nigeria over the years. He is their next lead actor in their deception of Nigerians. GEJ is only loyal to the cabal and hence lacks the ability to dismantle the looting structures established by the cabal. GEJ also stands to gain a lot from the existing structure, so it is not in his interest to change the system.

If we are looking for people to give a chance, we should consider, Buhari, Ribadu, or Utomi. GEJ has had his chance and he is nothing but a helpless and hopeless failure.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2011
afam4eva:

Thank God you know. Now is it to much to ask to give someone who has just ruled for 10 months a chance to see what he'll do after the election?
what makes you think jonathan will be better than obj considering the fact that they are both products of a corrupt party like pdp ?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by jason123: 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2011
It is a shame that Nigerians do not know what they want. You all say, "we should move forward" blah, blah and more crap when deep in your individual hearts you do not mean it. GEJ has spent 1 year and his regime can only be called shambolic at best. Now, you all still want to give him four years based on sentiments such as "He is a minority that is why everyone is against him", "he has only spent 1 year, why not elect him so you can see changes in 4 years". You people forget that he has not provided plans or implemented projects (since yaradua's tenure making a total of 8 years) in the right direction. Yet you still want to gamble with your lives because GOD knows how much he has paid you as he paid the PDP delegates, not only gamble your lives but the lives of over 150 million Nigerians. Him (GEJ), OBJ and IBB are the corrupt cabals of our generation and they need to be uprooted not supported.
I bet 4 years time some of you will still be drinking garri and remain in the same position economically, cursing GEJ and OBJ while saying it is the Northerners and Yorubas fault rain did not fall today.

The bottom line is "YOUR DESTINY IS IN YOUR HANDS"
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by na2day(m): 2:55pm On Feb 07, 2011
@gbawe
That's Nigerians for u,a people in chains, instead of crying for Moses would rather guarantee the safety of their bread of sorrow, while praying for the health of Pharaoh!
All those clamouring for the continuation of GEJ are suffering from Stockholm syndrome!
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Gbawe: 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2011
passyjango:

This is not a time to concern ourselves with who wins. Your job is to cast your vote on that day and remain there for it to be counted. If possible capture proceedings with your mobile phone. Rather than conceding defeat, this is a time to start convincing ordinary people and his mostly ignorant fans that GEJ lacks the capacity to push Nigeria towards the right direction. If majority of Nigerians vote against him, he will lose whether he likes it or not. So, instead of assuming he has already won, this a time to enlighten the ignorant. Your country needs you now and you must not disappoint. It is a matter of national importance to vote out GEJ in April as this country cannot stand another four years of mismanagement. Make sure you vote on that day, even if sentiment says your vote will not count or your candidate will not win. Vote first and wait for the result.

As for people claiming that GEJ is weak or gentle, I do not agree. GEJ is only pretending to be weak/gentle. It is his role on a script clearly written by the cabal. The fact is that GEJ is a member of the cabal responsible for mismanaging Nigeria over the years. He is their next lead actor in their deception of Nigerians. GEJ is only loyal to the cabal and hence lacks the ability to dismantle the looting structures established by the cabal. GEJ also stands to gain a lot from the existing structure, so it is not in his interest to change the system.

If we are looking for people to give a chance, we should consider, Buhari, Ribadu, or Utomi. GEJ has had his chance and he is nothing but a helpless and hopeless failure.

Excellent post.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Akainzo(m): 3:25pm On Feb 07, 2011
chibest5:

it's just disgusting the way some people use their brain, the ones you gave 8 years and more what did they do for you? for the first time in the History of this Country, there was no fuel scarcity during festive period (X-mas and Salah), for the first time in 10 years, there is improvement in power supply, for the first time in this Country, our airline operators were given an operational ticket to any part of the United States,  just to mention but a few all in your so called "9 months" what do we really need in this country? sad

Like me answer your questions as you've posted them.
The one that got 8 years, though he was not the best but he did the following: 1. Debt relief  2. Accumulated $40B in External reserves. 3. Consolidation of banks.  4. Attempt to fight corruption

Fuel scarcity: I do not know how old you are, but saying for the first time in this country is definitely not correct. maybe the past 8 or 10 years, but definitely not since inception of this country. BTW, this is not an achievement considering the price of the commodity in the international market compared to the price of our crude that we are using for exchange for it.

Power supply: If by the movement from 3300MW to 3800MW there is progress, then you must have forgotten that this nation was once producing 6,300MW.

US-Nigeria Direct flight: Once again I do not know how old you are but I recall that our own dear Nigeria Airways used to fly Lagos-New York, non-stop using a DC-10. Also, there was a certain world Airways and Continental Airlines that did it during OBJ times.

So my friend, you are alluding to falsehood to promote your guy. And this falsehoods are not good enough. Note that even though the power projects and Category A certifications are coming to fruition while he is president, he had no hand in the planning for the. except of course as most dim wits are, you want to ascribe greatness or performance to the man that did the commissioning rather than the man that did the planning, budgeting and starting off the project.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by MaJBlige(f): 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2011
^^^^^

You know what the guy is talking about yet you deliberately falsify facts.

Who is talking about those years?
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by rainbowman: 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2011
Changee is a slow process and it is currently happening in our darling country Nigeria. Things are changing and it will only get better. This ruse that GEJ is clueless was sold on this forum by persons campaigning for other candidates however the real Nigerians out there know that things will only get better and they are in fact feeling the effects on the GEJ wind of change. Saying that he has not achieved anything is not true, Aoonda Akaah was sacked in his tenure, Nuhu Ribadu's charges were dropped and not only did he return, he is now campaigning to become President, the ongoing voter's registration though partly successful was fully sponsored by his adminstration, fuel scarcity is a thing of the past, the Sovereign Wealth Fund Bill, the Empoyee rights bill, relief for flood victims in Sokoto, Zamfara and Lagos, the final and legal winding up of PHCN, the Committee to look into our Educational system and propose a way forward was inaugurated by the GEJ admin. Yeah, the power situation has not improved much but things are looking brighter because there is finally a proposal for a way out of the problem. You all can continue raising your fundamentalist yearns but I do not see any of the other candidates giving a viable option. We need continuity and I will gladly VOTE FOR GEJ.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Akainzo(m): 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

^^^^^

You know what the guy is talking about yet you deliberately falsify facts.

Who is talking about those years?

All you needed to prove that you know the RIGHT facts was to post them. At least I put forth my own facts, or is there anyone of those that was wrong? Do post it and let's see it.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Kayautojun(m): 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2011
Point of correction, Abiola/Tofa is the most popular,
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2011
@150+ Million Nigerians, we have been playing CHANCE with our future since the first Democratic dispensation since the 2nd Republic.

Everyone on this thread (young and old) cannot deny the facts that for a nation blessed with numerous opportunities (for Global Greatness), we have fallen short of our own expectations talk-less of international expectations. We prefer to see single successful events as the badge of Greatness when smaller and younger nations have long reached better destinations in their Democratic Journey. rather than examine our realization, make amends by correcting our deficiencies, we choose to compare ourselves to troubled African nations and beat our chests that we are not like them.

I recall the jubilation in the Austere days of Shagari when Buhari took the reigns and we thought to ourselves, Let us Give him a Chance>>

There were also jubilation when IBB snuck in while Buhari was away; tired of WAI, we said, Let us Give him a Chance he brought SAP (while utilizing the Ways and Means Advances to the hilt) and we cried for a savior

No one liked ABACAHA but when he threw down his military uniform and Title of Military Head of State, he became the consensus candidate of all parties for the President of Nigeria. (The very politicians you see today making claims of bringing Democracy to Nigeria all begged Abacha to become President. Well thank providence (or was it the CIA) for smiling on Nigeria when Abacha passed on a promise for a better Nigeria loomed.

Enter OBJ (our very own Nelson Mandela) God mandated him to rule Nigeria and we all cried tears of joy for our new savior, we gave him a chance and he resurrected Ajaokuta Steel Project and killed it among many other deeds that left Nigeria begging for another savior.

Yaradua was a Teacher of Credible mien and humble character (don't we all just love those qualities), he was slow -we saw it as being cautious and especially good for keeping the greedy politicians at bay, he promised us Eldorado and showed us his 7-point Agenda. Alas! our new saviour passed on and GEJ slipped in by a dint of Political Confusion, Constitutional Lacuna, Sycophantic lobbying and the Divine Will of God shocked (and advise from the US).

But we have been through over 50 years of GIVING CHANCE and have survived, so why not GIVE GEJ A CHANCE we have not died yet from giving chances now have we? after all by 2015 we will know if GEJ was worth the CHANCE we gave him won't we?

You cannot Judge a Book by its Cover, you must read it thoroughly and make a sound judgment. I am sure the life of Jonathan from his days as deputy till date is a book for all to see. When you are through reading it. decide if you want to give GEJ a CHANCE wink
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by tlops(m): 8:10pm On Feb 07, 2011
well, his political career thus far has been on chance, let him fight for it now.
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by misterh(m): 9:19pm On Feb 07, 2011
Personally, i don't like GEJ. I'm not just fascinated by his governance. There is nothing new that he has impacted on the Nigeria's political landscape
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by rasputinn(m): 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2011
~Bluetooth:

what has your stu-pid deduction got to do with my comment ? Anyways,I guess you've not been to that area before.the presidential villa covers a wide area and it doesn't necessarily mean jonathan's residence.

Well done ooo,I forgot you're the only one that has been within the precints of the presidential villa(hmm poor you,if you really knew,,,,)well for what it's worth I only meant it as a joke,so if you can't take a harmless joke that's your cup of tea as I ain't the cause of whatever is eatin' ya
Re: Let's Give GEJ A Chance by Anaegboka(m): 4:23am On Feb 08, 2011
afam4eva:

So because Obasanjo did not do anything we should allow him to go and do nothing. Remember Obasanjo rigged himself in, but since we can make our vote count why can't we vote for people who will impact our lives positively.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Carol Afegbai Police DPO Who Murdered 400L Uniben Student Issued Her Side Of The / Shocking Photo:US Airforce 'Supplies' Weapons To ISIS- C N N / Breaking.... Buhari Convoy Attacked In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.