Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,555 members, 7,861,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:48 PM

Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption (22713 Views)

I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor / I’m Discouraged After Last Week’s Visit To Buhari­ – Bakare / Femi Fani-Kayode On Sunday Igboho: No One Can Stand Against The New Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by justlikedat: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2020
Yes, because 'many' are not really standing against corruption.
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by Tsolutionifede(m): 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2020
IKUBABAYEYE001:

Why don't you take just 5mins to read through the piece and have a better understanding of the subject matter. That 5mins won't kill you pls
he understands than you do, osinbajo is ambiguous in his statements. Deduction from that epistle is that he is not pleased with the way the corruption is handled, but didn't want to be précised about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by Maobichek: 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2020
truthfulparrot:

I gave up on PMB, the day he raised up the hand of a governor who was caught on camera stuffing proceeds of corruption in dollars into his babaringa. It is also a comedy of errors that the same man that APC government is prosecuting for corruption is now the APC flag bearer for Edo state governorship election! And guess who is the chairman of Edo state APC governorship campaign election? -The dollar stuffing Gandollar!

The DSS wrote to PMB advising against the appointment of Magu, PMB did not listened. The Senate refused to confirm Magu,but PMB refused to remove Magu.

Six years down the line, PMB is settings up a panel to probe Magu.........
This is the story of our president!
. You have just said it all. Mindless bigots are now saying that PMB is fighting corruption cos Magu issue came up which they have politicize already. Saraki was tagged enemy of Nigeria when he refused to confirm Magu as a result of DSS indictment. APC employed Magu, APC retained and supported Magu despite all the complaint against him. APC and PDP are the same, thank you
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by mapet: 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

https://punchng.com/soon-manyll-be-discouraged-to-stand-against-corruption-osinbajo/

@valentineuwakwe,

It is important not to rely on Nigerian Journalist who either as a result of comprehension deficit or their foul intentions changes the narrative and tries to give it another meaning. The part you highlighted was never the essence of his message, but to show the enormity of the challenge in the fight against corruption. The main thrust of his message is below

The Vice-President said, “The fight against corruption is nuanced and hydra-headed, it is not going to get easier by the day; as a matter of fact, it will get more difficult by the day and many will become discouraged in standing up against corruption.

“But it is our duty both as individuals and institutions, especially in developing countries where corruption has such a devastating effect, to ensure that we prioritise the fight against corruption and continually devise new ways and new approaches even as the hydra-headed problem itself continues to manifest in different ways.”
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by XXXXTENTACION: 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2020
SmartPolician:

Feel free to say what you like

But, oga, I have never taken what's not mine
Swear say you never collect pesin babe embarassed
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by MENELIIK: 1:42pm On Jul 15, 2020
SpatialKing:

Exactly my point

This fake pastor "overseas" massive corruption

Your grammar is corrupt
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by RTSC: 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2020
Confused hypocrite.
No wonder he lost his polling unit in 2019.
Anyway, he has his audience.
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by Angelfrost(m): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2020
okefrancis:

Not all guy , we still have a lot who fears God

Every single one of them is corrupt!!! No exceptions!!!
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by frubben(m): 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
dignity33:
what make him the best VP are his government better than Atiku government or Ekwueme. I hate tribal bigotry have you head organization or institutions before ? how can you accused Buhari of incompetent and exonerate VP that is crazy. Osibanjo are typical Yoruba that pretend to be innocent when things are going wrong while he is part of that problem. If he is not part and parcel of decision making as a VP why not resign and save himself embarrassment, is funny that the man you guys called a saint is loyal boy of Tinubu. Nigeria don't seem to amaze me.
lwkmd. You are arguing with somebody thats preparing for weac. Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by SLAP44: 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
tunjijones:

If Osinbajo were to be your father, will you advice him to resign?

Pls be sincere with your answer

I will ask him to resign.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by Niaja4real(m): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

https://punchng.com/soon-manyll-be-discouraged-to-stand-against-corruption-osinbajo/

Talk is cheap
As if he is a saint
Thieves in pastoral clothing's everywhere you go like Mtn network slogan
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by JAMO84: 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2020
dignity33:
what make him the best VP are his government better than Atiku government or Ekwueme. I hate tribal bigotry have you head organization or institutions before ? how can you accused Buhari of incompetent and exonerate VP that is crazy. Osibanjo are typical Yoruba that pretend to be innocent when things are going wrong while he is part of that problem. If he is not part and parcel of decision making as a VP why not resign and save himself embarrassment, is funny that the man you guys called a saint is loyal boy of Tinubu. Nigeria don't seem to amaze me.
Another chronic wailer
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by tomakint: 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2020
SLAP44:
I had to laugh at how confused this man is, torn between the greed of hanging onto power even in the face of mounting avoidable deaths and doing the right thing which is resigning so he preserve his image, and also to send a strong message which could cause a change in the way the country is being misled.

But he is doing a good job at pretending all is well, he will make at good actor after life at the villa.

God bless you my brother you actually took the words out of my mind, I said exactly this about this pretending pious looking fraud on my whatsapp group about 15 mins ago. Instead of this pretender to resign having his name soiled many times in this useless government but I know him he won't being a Tinubu slave

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by samsam2019: 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2020
See person wey de talk sef. Corruption personified
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by walex2(m): 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2020
SLAP44:
I had to laugh at how confused this man is, torn between the greed of hanging onto power even in the face of mounting avoidable deaths and doing the right thing which is resigning so he preserve his image, and also to send a strong message which could cause a change in the way the country is being misled.

But he is doing a good job at pretending all is well, he will make a good actor after life at the villa.
if all the good people bow out of the system who will remain to fight the problem, is better for you to stay put and do the right thing. it is a matter between you and your conscience
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by Mikeangelo0433: 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2020
SLAP44:

But he is doing a good job at pretending all is well, he will make a good actor after life at the villa.
And u think resignation is the way to go? I think resignation in itself is a sign that we have relinquished ourselves over to corruption to do with us as it pleases.
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by Mikeangelo0433: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2020
Mikeangelo0433:
And u think resignation is the way to go? I think resignation in itself is a sign that we have relinquished ourselves over to corruption to do with us as it pleases.
As a concerned citizen who as been observing certain trends I had to write this.

"Tchew...this Osinbajo is the reason I've stopped holding pastors in high regards, a pastor in power yet I'm not feeling his impact...very painful"

Comments like this would definitely spur me on to speak because it shows that some people are oblivious of the systemic nature of corruption in Nigeria. Corruption is so deeply rooted and entrenched in our DNA that a saint in our corrupt system would be symbolic to a tree that cannot make a forest. I am a secondary school teacher and while I am not a saint, I have regretted my bad actions, particularly in the area of aiding exam malpractices and I am determined to turn a new leaf. I was proud of my decision not to take part in examination malpractice again because I considered it has been part of my contribution to nation building but my high spirits were suddenly dampened during a discussion with some friends. I told them that I won't take part in exam malpractices this year. To my utter amazement, I was ridiculed by my friends. Some even asked me, "what if you are offered money?" As if examination malpractice is done for free. However, I told them I am aware of the monetary inducement but I have made up my mind. Then one of them said if you refuse to do it then they will get someone else. Now, that was a painful truth. My lack of involvement in exam malpractice as a teacher will never be strong enough to fight the hydra headed monster. Infact, for the decision I made to have impact, I need many like minded colleagues to join the fight against exam malpractice. I need the input of many Nigerians. Not just teachers but parents also. Infact, it is laughable that we throw shades at those in power, screaming to the high heavens about their corrupt activities but fail to realize that these people are indeed a mirror reflection of ourselves and our society. If a replacement by substitution can take place in power, chances are we will still be faced with leadership problems and corruption because we have institutionalised corruption.
I don't want to be misconstrued here and that is why I will like to acknowledge the fact that I am aware that inspite of our morally degenerate state as a people, there are still a select few scattered here and there who like biblical Daniel have refused to eat of the King's portion. If we are ever going to win the battle against corruption we need more of such people and more importantly we need them to snap out of the docile and dormant state they have been bullied into. Corruption in Nigeria will never go down without a fight. Infact, it will fight till it can fight no more and if that means blackmailing, insulting and laughing derisively at those who hold high moral standards while pampering and celebrating mega thieves, so be it. But as well meaning citizens who wants to get back this country from the claws of corruption, we musn't allow corruption the psychological advantage it craves over us. A mindset that sees every Nigerian as corrupt is warped.
I don't see all Nigerians as corrupt. I know and strongly believe that we have some who are not corrupt amongst us but many of them are yielding to the psychological battles being fought by corruption. They believe that their contribution albeit so little isn't going to change the narrative but I say this unequivocally that we perish that thought and ponder on this quote by Edmund Burke which says "the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing". This is a wake up call to the young and the old. To the young, we can change the narrative. To the old and elderly, please do not feed us with the defeatist mentality because if you do, then you have made yourselves nothing but tools in the hands of corruption. For those of us expecting that only clergy men should fight this battle while we watch on in amusement, we are wrong. The time to fight the battle is now. You need to lend your voice against corruption.
In that small space of yours, in that office you head, in the market you sell,in the banks you carry out transactions, in that small project you have been assigned to handle, and even in our schools. Let your ethos be; "service to God and man". If we can do this whilst perishing the thought of illicitly acquiring wealth then we would find out that of a truth, there is enough money for the country's need but not enough for the country's greed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by DModeCntStopMe: 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2020
okefrancis:

Where them dey?

Guy, leave matter, this country was founded on corruption.

NIGERIANS are way to corrupt, greedy and selfish both the young and old, blind or crippled, man or woman, etc..

We like to show off and intimidate others hence the inherit quest to make wealth at all cost.

Corruption can never be separated from Nigerians.

Corruption is in Nigerians just like it's in peak. Fact!!!!
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by Advocate500: 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2020
The corruption fight is getting more difficult because of people like you after so much trust because of ur religious background,always coming on social media to yan dust when u sleep and wake up with the same people. Oga with so much respect pls pack one side.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by LastProphet: 3:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
truthfulparrot:

I gave up on PMB, the day he raised up the hand of a governor who was caught on camera stuffing proceeds of corruption in dollars into his babaringa. It is also a comedy of errors that the same man that APC government is prosecuting for corruption is now the APC flag bearer for Edo state governorship election! And guess who is the chairman of Edo state APC governorship campaign election? -The dollar stuffing Gandollar!

The DSS wrote to PMB advising against the appointment of Magu, PMB did not listened. The Senate refused to confirm Magu,but PMB refused to remove Magu.

Six years down the line, PMB is settings up a panel to probe Magu.........
This is the story of our president!

If I told you PMB approved his investigation since 2018 will you believe? See if you are made president today you will fail more than pmb. Governance of a country of over 100 million thieves is not beans Trump can't even try it
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by Johnandv: 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2020
JAMO84:
This is the cry of a chronic wailer. [s]Osinbajo remain Nigeria's best ever VP, greater than Ekweme, Atiku, Jonathan and Sambo combined[/s]. He will not resign but will remain your VP for the next three years. If you hate him, wait until 2023 and do your worst.

I AM DONE TALKING
Greater in looting and pretending yes...

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by Heavensent01(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2020
okefrancis:

yes Amaechi that don't like money and peter obi the saint

I will believed a thief than believing Nigeria politicians, this is why I believe Shekau Bokoharam warlord than Burulie Thief of army
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by joyandfaith: 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

Fighting corruption is wasting of resources, prevention of corruption is the best.
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by Johnandv: 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
dignity33:

You have said it all. We know the snakes too well, I just pray they repent truly from their hearts, even now that most of them are turning atheist and gays by the day.
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by Pavicx(m): 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2020
The truth about this whole situation is that
99% OF HUMAN BEINGS HAVE A PRICE

It may not necessary be MONEY...
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by ume1000: 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2020
JAMO84:
This is the cry of a chronic wailer. Osinbajo remain Nigeria's best ever VP, greater than Ekweme, Atiku, Jonathan and Sambo combined. He will not resign but will remain your VP for the next three years. If you hate him, wait until 2023 and do your worst.

I AM DONE TALKING
must you aslick
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by fredoooooo: 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2020
Fact .. God bless you Osinbajo , God bless Buhari and the good people of Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by farem: 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
Auto pilot
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by SmartPolician: 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Swear say you never collect pesin babe embarassed

Never

Ever

Just know that some persons like us are preparing ourselves for Nigeria

At the appointed time, God willing, we will cause a major revolution in this country to reposition Nigeria
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by XXXXTENTACION: 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2020
SmartPolician:

Never
Ever
you even get babe
Re: Osinbajo: Soon, Many Will Be Discouraged To Stand Against Corruption by Mars16(m): 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2020
I laugh .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akinwunmi Adesina Re-Elected As AFDB President / FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing / If Buhari Contests 100 Times, He Can't Rule This Country- Witches & Wizard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.