Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:52 AM

Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (75748 Views)

Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick / Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by jason123: 11:58pm On Feb 06, 2011
Obiagu1:

Don't pretend as if you've not read it here on NL. It's pure insincerity on your part.

If I read it on NL or not, how does that matter? The question still remains though undecided
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 12:00am On Feb 07, 2011
A picture says a thousand words.

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Obiagu1(m): 12:02am On Feb 07, 2011
jason123:

If I read it on NL or not, how does that matter? The question still remains though undecided

Since you know the answer, why ask the question? Does it make sense trying to find an answer to what you already know about?
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by SapeleGuy: 12:07am On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

Why are you protecting Okotie-Eboh?

Okotie-Eboh desecrated the Office & coffers of Government entrusted to him at a time when commiting Fraud was unimaginable in our Society, thus laying the foundation for 419ers in Government we have today.

As long as a prominent thief is from a particular tribe his sins are forgiven and forgotten by his kinsmen. Am I correct?

He was often called was a cheerful thief, a British diplomat once commented.

Please post concrete proof. For example I can say that Azikiwe and Awolowo were tried for corruption. Please tell us what this man was supposed to have stolen? Nah moto? abi nah land or contract. Please talk.

Asha80. Ginger your swagger. You have told the truth despite the fact it exposes the masterminds.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by jason123: 12:07am On Feb 07, 2011
Obiagu1:

Since you know the answer, why ask the question? Does it make sense trying to find an answer to what you already know about?

That means the revolution was biased then? If it was,why do people still complain about it not being an "igbo oriented coup"? I am NOT saying it justifies the pogroms but it means it was indeed an igbo military oriented coup.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Obiagu1(m): 12:09am On Feb 07, 2011
jason123:

That means the revolution was biased then? If it was,why do people still complain about it not being an "igbo oriented coup"? I am NOT saying it justifies the pogroms but it means it was indeed an igbo military oriented coup.

Now you've said what you wanted to say all along. It's better to be straightforward than to pretend to be a dumb seeking an answer. Pure insincerity.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by asha80(m): 12:11am On Feb 07, 2011
SapeleGuy:

Please post concrete proof. For example I can say that Azikiwe and Awolowo were tried for corruption. Please tell us what this man was supposed to have stolen? Nah moto? abi nah land or contract. Please talk.

Asha80. Ginger your swagger. You have told the truth despite the fact it exposes the masterminds.

my post was simply to jettison whatever envy you trying to attribute to any section of the country because that section would have decided NOT to give it to okotie eboh IF they wanted to.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by jason123: 12:12am On Feb 07, 2011
Obiagu1:

Now you said what you wanted to say all along. It's better to be straightforward and not pretend to be a dumb seeking an answer. Pure insincerity.

No, you are getting it all wrong. I am not saying it is all the igbo people that joined or supported the coup. What I am saying is the if the igbos in the military were less baised with their revolution, we would not have these problems today and in 1967. I think I would stop it there since it get to your bad side.

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Onlytruth(m): 12:13am On Feb 07, 2011
Posted by: jason123

I am not complaining about the revolution. The question is that the revolution was a bit baised, you have to agree. How come Azikwe escaped during the revolution? Was he tipped off? Was Azikwe not part and parcel of the corrupt Government? How come Dr. Okpara was not killed during the revolution??

I quite agree on one of the points Ezeuche made, which is that the Northern youths were used by their leaders back then to get into power bt until those questions above are answered then there would still be question marks about the coup.

Let me ask you a question.
Assuming that Ironsi was not naive, and moved quickly to consolidate his power around trusted Igbo or Eastern military officers and security experts BEFORE making ANY structural changes to the nation, do you think Nigeria would have gone down the way it did?
It was a very simple thing; bring the military firmly under your control before anything. Obasanjo did it even though he never implemented any major changes to Nigeria. How much more was that necessary at a time the north was seething with rage and rioting.

He blew it for me and my children. I am harping on this point to warn any eastern political figure to not act in ways that destroy our gains and future.

Nigeria is VERY EASY to rule, 'cos most folks down there are cowards.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by SapeleGuy: 12:15am On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

A picture says a thousand words.

So this is the corruption? Ol boy you no try at all. You slack well well no be small - but then again I would be lying if I said I was surprised.

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Obiagu1(m): 12:16am On Feb 07, 2011
jason123:

No, you are getting it all wrong. I am not saying it is all the igbo people that joined or supported the coup. What I am saying is the if the igbos in the military were less baised with their revolution, we would not have these problems today and in 1967. I think I would stop it there since it get to your bad side.

Being pretentious doesn't help you.
Katsumoto, myself and probably others have said it that Ifeajuna tipped Zik off and he ran away. Why tip him off if he was not going to be killed too by the coup plotters?
So if you knew all these, why ask silly and pretentious question pretending to be ignorant?
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Onlytruth(m): 12:16am On Feb 07, 2011
Will be back. I gotta watch superbowl.  cool
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by jason123: 12:19am On Feb 07, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: jason123
Let me ask you a question.
As[b]suming that Ironsi was not naive, and moved quickly to consolidate his power around trusted Igbo or Eastern military officers and security experts BEFORE making ANY structural changes to the nation, do you think Nigeria would have gone down the way it did?[/b]
It was a very simple thing; bring the military firmly under your control before anything. Obasanjo did it even though he never implemented any major changes to Nigeria. How much more was that necessary at a time the north was seething with rage and rioting.

He blew it for me and my children. I am harping on this point to warn any eastern political figure to not act in ways that destroy our gains and future.

Nigeria is VERY EASY to rule, 'cos most folks down there are cowards.

Yes, it would still have. The military had alot of igbos in high places but not in the low-infantary. Infact, the igbo officers tried to disarm them (northern officers) before they reacted in Ibadan and Lagos.
But I think ironsi had good intentions but a bad and baised plan.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by jason123: 12:20am On Feb 07, 2011
Obiagu1:

Katsumoto, myself and probably others have said it that Ifeajuna tipped Zik off and he ran away. Why tip him off if he was not going to be killed too by the coup plotters?
So if you knew all these, why ask silly and pretentious question pretending to be ignorant?

I am not pretentious. I did not know.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Obiagu1(m): 12:21am On Feb 07, 2011
SapeleGuy:

So this is the corruption? Ol boy you no try at all. You slack well well no be small - but then again I would be lying if I said I was surprised.

I don't have the facts of his corrupt dealings but everyone knew he was very corrupt and took a lot of bribes. Does anyone keep record of bribes? Probably not.

The fact we have on this particular thread is a no no in any government; using your position to enrish yourself. That's jail term for you.
Raising tax to protect his shoe business was a no no.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by SapeleGuy: 12:37am On Feb 07, 2011
Obiagu1:

I don't have the facts of his corrupt dealings but everyone knew he was very corrupt and took a lot of bribes. Does anyone keep record of bribes? Probably not.

The fact we have on this particular thread is a no no in any government; using your position to enrish yourself. That's jail term for you.
Raising tax to protect his shoe business was a no no.

You don't have facts so stop spreading gossip, rumours and outright lies as facts. I would respect people, who just come out and say I don't like him because he was too powerful or he is from such and such a place - bigotted? yes but at least they are honest.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Obiagu1(m): 12:40am On Feb 07, 2011
SapeleGuy:

You don't have facts so stop spreading gossip, rumours and outright lies as facts. I would respect people, who just come out and say I don't like him because he was too powerful or he is from such and such a place - bigotted? yes but at least they are honest.

. . . but I just gave you one. cheesy
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by SapeleGuy: 12:49am On Feb 07, 2011
asha 80:

my post was simply to jettison whatever envy you trying to attribute to any section of the country because that section would have decided NOT  to give it to okotie eboh IF they wanted to.

Of course there was envy, The man was Minister for 10 years. That is exactly the point, they COULD NOT give it to anybody else, if they could Ojukwu would have got it - that was why he was so incensed. If you think anybody gets 'given' a position like that out of benevolence or generosity then I think you must be mistaking our country for Utopia.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by SapeleGuy: 1:00am On Feb 07, 2011
Obiagu1:

. . . but I just gave you one.  cheesy

As I stated previously a little knowledge is dangerous in the hands of some people. So you are now criticising him for placing tariffs on imported goods- a policy that was designed to encourage entrepreneurship, manufacturing and job creation in Nigeria.

Your naivety of colonial economics is staggering. Don't you know the colonies were prevented from manufacturing, they were forced to export raw materials that were used to make finished products that they then had to buy to benefit the colonial master?
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Kilode1: 1:03am On Feb 07, 2011
Folks, Is it also possible that the message carried by Largema was intended for Balewa?

I'm wondering why Sardauna sent this secret "catalyst" message to Ironsi, thereby by-passing Civilian Tafawa Balewa or some other influential Northern military top gun. Was Ironsi that respected and trusted by Sardauna or I'm just misunderstanding history. I've not read Max Siollun's book BTW.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 1:08am On Feb 07, 2011
@ OnlyTruth and EzeUche

I debate from a position which is based on facts open to me, we are all not supposed to agree on all issues. Your continued attempts at characterising me are immature and silly. Instead of putting counter-arguments that support your position, you resort to unnecessary insults. If I am a bigot for stating my positions what word can we use to describe both of you who are both known for characterising groups of people in bad light? At least you will not find a single post where I made incendiary comments about a group of people. I dare you to expose me if I am telling lies.

Frankly, I don't give a damn what you think as long as I keep flogging both of you 'emotional' men.

2 Likes

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 1:09am On Feb 07, 2011
SapeleGuy:

As I stated previously a little knowledge is dangerous in the hands of some people. So you are now criticising him for placing tariffs on imported goods- a policy that was designed to encourage entrepreneurship, manufacturing and job creation in Nigeria.

He did it to benefit himself. That is the only reason he did that. To help his company, he imposed tariffs on shoes, so he could create monopoly for himself. There is something morally wrong with that action.

I can see you are looking through tribal lens. The way you are defending Okotie-Eboh's actions.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by olaolabiy: 1:10am On Feb 07, 2011
Aguiyi Ironsi was a lily-livered soldier.

Just examine his countenance.

Scared to death.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Kilode1: 1:13am On Feb 07, 2011
duplicate
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by olaolabiy: 1:14am On Feb 07, 2011
And, Okotie Oboh started the glamourization of corruption in Nigeria.

I read a lot about that bas.tard.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 1:15am On Feb 07, 2011
Some things to think about

1. If the message Largema was carrying was so important, then a competent commander would have ensured that all parties in the chain were eliminated. What was the point of killing Largema and Bello without killing Ironsi. What was the point of killing Maimalari, Sodeinde, Ademulegun, etc?

2. If the objective of the coup was to effect change, would the message being carried by Largema not have turned out to be redundant with the overthrow of the Balewa government?

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Obiagu1(m): 1:16am On Feb 07, 2011
ola olabiy:

And, Okotie Oboh started the glamourization of corruption in Nigeria.

I read a lot about that bas.tard.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

EzeUche_:

He did it to benefit himself. That is the only reason he did that. To help his company, he imposed tariffs on shoes, so he could create monopoly for himself. There is something morally wrong with that action.

I can see you are looking through tribal lens. The way you are defending Okotie-Eboh's actions.

Don't mind SapeleGuy, he wants me to sit him down, hand him a slate and a piece of chalk and teach him like a kid that that was pure corrupt practice.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 1:18am On Feb 07, 2011
Obiagu1:

Maybe because they did not want it to look bad that the PM and other members of his government were killed while he was not targeted.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Obiagu1(m): 1:21am On Feb 07, 2011
Katsumoto:

Maybe because they did not want it to look bad that the PM and other members of his government were killed while he was not targeted.

I actually will not know. That angle might or might not be true. But one glaring fact was that Ifeajuna, being Zik's relation, might have done it to protect him from being killed. Who want's to kill his own relation?
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 1:21am On Feb 07, 2011
Katsumoto:

@ OnlyTruth and EzeUche

I debate from a position which is based on facts open to me, we are all not supposed to agree on all issues. Your continued attempts at characterising me are immature and silly. Instead of putting counter-arguments that support your position, you resort to unnecessary insults. If I am a bigot for stating my positions what word can we use to describe both of you who are both known for characterising groups of people in bad light? At least you will not find a single post where I made incendiary comments about a group of people. I dare you to expose me if I am telling lies.

Frankly, I don't give a damn what you think as long as I keep flogging both of you 'emotional' men.

I will be the first to answer you with your assertions. I have said time and time again, that you are a tribalist. The way you tend to portray history that would put Igbos always in a bad light is something I have noticed from you the first time we encountered each other. Other people have just realized this, but I have said this before many months ago.

You are a tribalist even though you know how to act like a scholar who knows what he is talking about. You are a smooth talker. Most Igbos would fail to recognize your ploy, but I have your card. I have encountered your type before, and I will continue to call a spade a spade. You are not hiding from anyone anymore.

You may call some of us a bigot, but at least most people know where we stand. Now you are someone who likes to hide behind a mask.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by jason123: 1:25am On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

I will be the first to answer you with your assertions. I have said time and time again, that you are a tribalist. The way you tend to portray history that would put Igbos always in a bad light is something I have noticed from you the first time we encountered each other. Other people have just realized this, but I have said this before many months ago.

You are a tribalist even though you know how to act like a scholar who knows what he is talking about. You are a smooth talker. Most Igbos would fail to recognize your ploy, but I have your card. I have encountered your type before, and I will continue to call a spade a spade. You are not hiding from anyone anymore.

You may call some of us a bigot, but at least most people know where we stand. Now you are someone who likes to hide behind a mask.
@ bolded
FUNNY!!! So, you and Onlytruth are the "other people", abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Mbaka Asked Buhari For Contracts, Was Rebuffed, There Are Pictures - Garba Shehu / Abike Dabiri Reacts To Video Of IGP Idris Struggling To Read Speech In Kano / 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.