Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

State Of Origin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Origin (6918 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Origin by jason123: 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2011
afam4eva:

Was it when you travelled to the UK that you changed your name? Pls learn to talk sense. How come Indians, Chinese etc  in Britain don't change their names when they get to Britain or America.

When I travelled?? I was born in the UK and my parent gave me both itsekiri names and a UK name. It's all about integration my brother. Btw, how told you chinese do not have uk names? I have about 3 of them as friends, Vinny, darren and micheal. But do not get me wrong, they also have their chinese names as I have my itsekiri name.
Re: State Of Origin by Afam4eva(m): 3:34pm On Feb 06, 2011
jason123:

When I travelled?? I was born in the UK and my parent gave me both itsekiri names and a UK name. It's all about integration my brother. Btw, how told you chinese do not have uk names? I have about 3 of them as friends, Vinny, darren and micheal. But do not get me wrong, they also have their chinese names as I have my itsekiri name.

Which one be UK name again. Na English name not UK name o. I have an English name even though i've never stepped foot outside Nigeria so do many Nigerian christains.
Re: State Of Origin by jason123: 3:36pm On Feb 06, 2011
afam4eva:

As if what he said is not the truth. If i may ask. Have u ever been to Nigeria?

I spent six years in Nigeria. I never encountered tribalism until I joined NL. Infact, most of my friends in Nigeria were igbos. My closest friend  here (I call him my brother) is igbo.
Re: State Of Origin by aljharem(m): 3:36pm On Feb 06, 2011
afam4eva:

I live in Lagos dumbo.

ok, you live in lagos and you want to be the governor of the yoruba people you do not love, abi wink

you live in lagos and you hate OPC and do not like igbos that join OPC shey wink

now i see you ideology, you are a bas.tard person smiley
Re: State Of Origin by jason123: 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2011
afam4eva:

Which one be UK name again. Na English name not UK name o. I have an English name even though i've never stepped foot outside Nigeria so do many Nigerian christains.

Okay, english name. But the point is that we have to learn to integrate into any system we find ourselves in. When I came to Nigeria to do my sec school, I had to learn broken english, I had to be rugged etc. So, it's about integration not separation.
Re: State Of Origin by Afam4eva(m): 3:39pm On Feb 06, 2011
alj harem:

ok, you live in lagos and you want to be the governor of the yoruba people you do not love, abi wink

you live in lagos and you hate OPC and do not like igbos that join OPC shey wink

now i see you ideology, you are a bas.tard person smiley
You're as confused as your origin. Kai. When did i ever state that i hate yoruba people. And yes i hate the OPC and other ethnic militias. Deal with it. Block Head.
Re: State Of Origin by aljharem(m): 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2011
afam4eva:

You're as confused as your origin. Kai. When did i ever state that i hate yoruba people. And yes i hate the OPC and other ethnic militias. Deal with it. Block Head.

but you love massop abi wink

c'mon no lie to me we are all igbos here wink
Re: State Of Origin by Afam4eva(m): 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2011
jason123:

Okay, english name. But the point is that we have to learn to integrate into any system we find ourselves in. When I came to Nigeria to do my sec school, I had to learn broken english, I had to be rugged etc. So, it's about integration not separation.

There's nothing wrong with intergrating into the system. There's also nothing wrong with learning yoruba. But there's something wrong in someone learning it because he wants to be accepted by a system that doesn't have that language as it's official language. English is the official language of Nigeria so whatever you do learn the English language.
Re: State Of Origin by Afam4eva(m): 3:43pm On Feb 06, 2011
alj harem:

but you love massop abi wink

c'mon no lie to me we are all igbos here wink

It's not Massop it's Massob olodo. And massob is not like OPC. they are not a security outfit or whatever. Know the difference. i think you meant bakassi though. I hate Bakassi if that's what you want to hear. Now go and sleep.
Re: State Of Origin by Justcash(m): 3:44pm On Feb 06, 2011
jason123:

I spent six years in Nigeria. I never encountered tribalism until I joined NL. Infact, most of my friends in Nigeria were igbos. My closest friend  here (I call him my brother) is igbo.
[b]Tribalism is a way of life in Nigeria, that is why you dnt hear much about it. You dint encounter tribalism, but you heard about the Jos Killings between Beroms and Hausas. You kept hearing about Zoning all the time. Do you know what "Federal character" is? It means every tribe must be represented in anything that "Nigeria" is doing in order to avoid problems (Irrespective of qualifications and experience). That is why things aint moving on fine in Nigeria, cos nothing beats qualification and experience. Why was Arewa fuming when Atiku lost? Abeg leave matter.
It is only in a dream land that you will see one Chukwuemeka as Lagos state governor. Taiwo as Enugu state governor. Jonathan as Kano state Governor etc. It was not like this in the 50s. There was tribalism then, but it wasn't as bad as it is now. Tibalism lives in Nigerians and Nigeria. What you see in Nairaland is little compared to what is happening in Nigeria.
Ofcourse Tribalism cannot stop you from having friends from other tribes. As long as you dnt step beyond your bounds, they will be very best friends with you.
[/b]
Re: State Of Origin by aljharem(m): 3:46pm On Feb 06, 2011
afam4eva:

It's not Massop it's Massob olodo. And massob is not like OPC. they are not a security outfit or whatever. Know the difference. i think you meant bakassi though. I hate Bakassi if that's what you want to hear. Now go and sleep.

but you perfer massob than opc abi wink
Re: State Of Origin by KnowAll(m): 3:50pm On Feb 06, 2011
It is only in a dream land that you will see one Chukwuemeka as Lagos state governor. Taiwo as Enugu state governor. Jonathan as Kano state Governor etc. It was not like this in the 50s. There was tribalism then, but it wasn't as bad as it is now. Tibalism lives in Nigerians and Nigeria. What you see in Nairaland is little compared to what is happening in Nigeria.

There is noting stopping one Oluwaseyi Chuckwuemaka from becoming Governor of Lagos State or one Iherijika Oluwole from being the Governor of Imo State or Hassan Jonathan from being the Governor of Kano State. The people of the state can identify with the origin of the aforementioned than when u have someone with two foreign names foisted on them.
Re: State Of Origin by Justcash(m): 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2011
KnowAll:

There is noting stopping one Oluwaseyi Chuckwuemaka from becoming Governor of Lagos State or one Iherijika Oluwole from being the Governor of Imo State or Hassan Jonathan from being the Governor of Kano State. The people of the state can identify with the origin of the aforementioned than when u have someone with two foreign names foisted on them.

You are faking up reality. Kaduna Nzeogwu was regarded as an Igbo man wasn't he? This is despite the fact that he grew in the North, and speaks Hausa like a Hausa man. He was more Hausa than Igbo. His action led to the progrom against Igbos right? Was the "Kaduna" in his name not enough to convince Northerners that he is "Northern" enough?
Say the truth when you have to. except Oluwaseyi Chukwuemeka is female, he won't have any chance in Lagos politics.
Re: State Of Origin by aljharem(m): 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2011
Justcash:

You are faking up reality. Kaduna Nzeogwu was regarded as an Igbo man wasn't he? This is despite the fact that he grew in the North, and speaks Hausa like a Hausa man. He was more Hausa than Igbo. His action led to the progrom against Igbos right? Was the "Kaduna" in his name not enough to convince Northerners that he is "Northern" enough?
Say the truth when you have to. except Oluwaseyi Chukwuemeka is female, he won't have any chance in Lagos politics.

you are right and he just comfirms my preconception of igbos like afam4ever, they do not want to integrate themselves to there yoruba enivornment of lagos but want to rule people and want people in lagos to accept them

well it is not happening soon
Re: State Of Origin by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2011
Why would poster be confused as per his place of origin ? The fact that you were born in a place doesn't make that particular place your state of orgin,you are only given a constititional recognition to claim the place as your place of birth.
the fact that a yoruba boy was born in Abia state does not make him an ibo boy.The status of origin must reflct in your indigenious languuge and culture.we have seen many Africans abroad tracing their origin back to Africa.
by my own theory,I'd say you should lay claim to the state of your father;that may likely tell you were you hail from not just some paper status.
Re: State Of Origin by Afam4eva(m): 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Why would poster be confused as per his place of origin ? The fact that you were born in a place doesn't make that particular place your state of orgin,you are only given a constititional recognition to claim the place as your place of birth.
the fact that a yoruba boy was born in Abia state does not make him an ibo boy.The status of origin must reflct in your indigenious languuge and culture.we have seen many Africans abroad tracing their origin back to Africa.
by my own theory,I'd say you should lay claim to the state of your father;that may likely tell you were you hail from not just some paper status.

My point exactly. American NBA star Emeka Okafor can claim to be from America over Nigeria but cannot claim not to be Igbo. Igbo is in the Gene and nothing can change it. If you're not Yoruba then you can never be Yoruba till you die. So someone changing his first name to the language of the first generation settlers because he wants to be accepted is plain stupidity in my mind
Re: State Of Origin by aljharem(m): 4:30pm On Feb 06, 2011
afam4eva:

My point exactly. American NBA star Emeka Okafor can claim to be from America over Nigeria but cannot claim not to be Igbo. Igbo is in the Gene and nothing can change it. If you're not Yoruba then you can never be Yoruba till you die. So someone changing his first name to the language of the first generation settlers because he wants to be accepted is plain stupidity in my mind

but i know igbos that do it even in the north and they are your elders, would you call them stu.pid
Re: State Of Origin by Afam4eva(m): 4:31pm On Feb 06, 2011
alj harem:

but i know igbos that do it even in the north and they are your elders, would you call them stu.pid

If you read my post clearly i stated the reason that will make it s*tupid.
Re: State Of Origin by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 06, 2011
afam4eva:

that is my own belief and sentiments apart,the issue of origin is the core factor repsonsible for the jos crisis.In the real ense,the hausa have their states and jos was never an hausa.i think there should be clear cut line between place of birth and state of origin.
Re: State Of Origin by udezue(m): 4:57pm On Feb 06, 2011
My siblings were born and raised in Lagos and only 1 understands the Yoruba language. No my parents did not give them Yoruba names coz they are clearly not Yoruba. My grand uncle and his wife adopted Hausa names when they lived in Kano but that did not stop the Hausa butchers from descending on them and their properties during the genocides of 1966. Till today I still don't know their Igbo names and still call them by their Hausa names so all this talk about adopting Yoruba or Ijaw name is useless and silly. You will never be governor of that state and when trouble hits all these ppl on NL telling to relinquish ur heritage and adopt theirs will tell u ur papa name. If u fancy and want it well go for it but not in the name of integration coz in the eyes of the natives u aint one of em. They only tolerate ur presence.

OP, look ur state of origin remains Delta state. Ur state of residence is Lagos or wherever u have lived.

U can give ur kids Yoruba 3rd names but don't think that somehow they will be regarded as native ppl. They will still be treated as 2nd class citizens. Charity begins at home so just think of great ideas to develop Delta state.
Re: State Of Origin by Ikengawo: 7:28pm On Feb 06, 2011

I spent six years in Nigeria. I never encountered tribalism until I joined NL. Infact, most of my friends in Nigeria were igbos. My closest friend here (I call him my brother) is igbo.

true.

my too i spent 6 years then every christmas after that. no tribalism.
i have and uncle that says yorubas have ugly babies lol, but that's about it.
even my family that lived through biafra isn't tribalist. It's just these ppl that get brave on the internet and want to claim something to belong too because they haven't been to nigeria in 30 years and don't speak their native language.
Re: State Of Origin by edoyad(m): 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2011
Hard to believe someone lived in Lagos for 18 yrs and didnt grasp the Yoruba language.That's where most Non-Yorubas learn to speak Yoruba. . . .

Believe me it depends on what part of town you grew up in.
Re: State Of Origin by aljharem(m): 7:54pm On Feb 06, 2011
edoyad:

Believe me it depends on what part of town you grew up in.

quite right
Re: State Of Origin by udezue(m): 8:09pm On Feb 06, 2011
Ikengawo u don't even speak a drop of Igbo lol
Re: State Of Origin by vanitty: 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2011
KnowAll:

LOL
Re: State Of Origin by Becomrichn: 8:12pm On Feb 06, 2011
tinubu is from ogun state. he is an egba man.
Re: State Of Origin by fstranger6: 8:27pm On Feb 06, 2011
Becomrichn:

tinubu is from ogun state. he is an egba man.

Are you high on cheap taba?

I thought Tinubu was from Iragbiji in Osun State?
Re: State Of Origin by Afam4eva(m): 8:36pm On Feb 06, 2011
fstranger6:

Are you high on cheap taba?

I thought Tinubu was from Iragbiji in Osun State?

Is it not the same Tinubu. The former governor of Lagos? How come he became governor of Lagos.
Re: State Of Origin by Ikengawo: 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2011
Ikengawo u don't even speak a drop of Igbo lol
Nne ngi
Re: State Of Origin by ezeagu(m): 8:43pm On Feb 06, 2011
Ikengawo:

true.

my too i spent 6 years then every christmas after that. no tribalism.
i have and uncle that says yorubas have ugly babies lol, but that's about it.
even my family that lived through biafra isn't tribalist. It's just these ppl that get brave on the internet and want to claim something to belong too because they haven't been to nigeria in 30 years and don't speak their native language.

Yeah, I've never heard of tribalism too. It's not like hundreds of children are dying in Nigeria because of it. All these silly people talking about non-existent, unheard of tribalism in Nigeria. Haha, next they'll be saying that people in Nigerian government steal billions of Naira from Nigeria. Can you imagine these in-politically correct people?
Re: State Of Origin by ezeagu(m): 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2011
Ikengawo:

Nne ngi

Chai! Try again.
Re: State Of Origin by udezue(m): 8:51pm On Feb 06, 2011
@Ezeagu, ROtflmao!!!

Chaiii nna nwoko amaghi ele eshi ede ivfe na Igbo. Isi eke ka o wu. Amu na pam'.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The True Story Of Alleged IPOB Members Shot Dead / Anambra: APC Fixes N22.5 Million For Nomination Forms / Am I The Only One Watching The AIT Expository On Lagos Government And Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.