Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Igbos In Opc - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In Opc (7590 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm Again, Kill OPC Security Guard / Some Revealing Pictures In OPC Rally In Lagos / Threats: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, OPC Back Nigerdelta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos In Opc by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2011
mrperfect:

What is the essence of this thread?
exactly what i'm asking
weren't igbo joining U.S army? Yet they never complain instead they make sure that he is of more benefit to them! Weren't igbos in u.S school yet they never complain! but only dis yorubas here always complain because none have ever disscused dat to me.
Re: Igbos In Opc by T9ksy(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2011
another delusional okoroman enters the affray.
Ibos are helping us to think huh. Una don start again with your nonsense. always helping others when your help is not solicited for.
in the interim, your "land of the rising sun" is in disarray.
una neva help urself but u wan help others.
Na so ojukwu wan help us, huh.
I begi, carry go jo with your "help". yeye people.
Re: Igbos In Opc by deadie(m): 10:00pm On Feb 09, 2011
T9ksy:

another delusional okoroman enters the affray.
Ibos are helping us to think huh. Una don start again with your nonsense. always helping others when your help is not solicited for.
in the interim, your "land of the rising sun" is in disarray.
una neva help urself but u wan help others.
Na so ojukwu wan help us, huh.
I begi, carry go jo with your "help". yeye people.

T9ksy:

So you are very angry, huh.
tough. Obviously your state of mind has beclouded your sense of reasoning.
The bottomline is noone in this silly contraption wants anything to do with you mada.phockers.
Pi.ss off to your "land of the rising sun".

T9ksy:

Y would we yorubas admit a slimy igbo man into our OPC?
Last time we did, zik the father of all slimy gits destroyed the party only to then go and form his igbo party.

T9ksy:

And what do we get back in return for our hospitality?
abuses and derogatory remarks.
Some of the id.iots here calling us names, their fathers/uncles/mamas/aunties left their region
to come to ours and benefitted from Awo's free education.
However at the mere mention of the guy, the same mo.rons will start foaming in the mouth like rabid dogs.

I understand u. People are naturally angry at people who they cannot compete against. I read how u made light of Igbo's being killed in the North and how happy u seem that such atrocity is happening. If u don't think Igbo's are special, with the average one much more smarter than 20 of u put together, why resort to violence against him as the only way to fight him? Why does the average Igbo man prosper more than his compatriots despite being disadvantaged, politically and otherwise? The answer? He is smarter than u. Feel free to hang ur lazy a.ss or blame God for making u such a MO.RON. The success of the Igboman comes from hardwork, ur lazy a.ss is not configured that way.
Re: Igbos In Opc by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:07am On Feb 10, 2011
Yoruba Kwenu grin grin
Re: Igbos In Opc by Obiagu1(m): 3:55am On Feb 10, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Yoruba Kwenu grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbos In Opc by T9ksy(m): 8:31pm On Feb 10, 2011
deadie:

I understand u. People are naturally angry at people who they cannot compete against.
Yeah right! And you truly believe that, huh. Listen, I have no time to play such infantile game of “my father’s farm is bigger than your father’s farm” with you. You are free to indulge in whatever delusions rocks your boat.

deadie:

I read how u made light of Igbo's being killed in the North and how happy u seem that such atrocity is happening.
No sane person will gloat at such incidences rather am just perturbed at how you igbos seem to reserved the worse animosity for we yorubas yet don’t seem to feel that way about the northerners who have not made any bones about how much they dislike you lot and are always willing and ready to back it up with actions. Afterall, its on record that they are the ones who have been killing your kit and kin in droves.

deadie:

If u don't think Igbo's are special, with the average one much more smarter than 20 of u put together, why resort to violence against him as the only way to fight him?

Oh here we go again! I igbo man is better than 20 yorubamen. That’s your opinion which you are quite entitled to. I remember what Zik of Africa said at the first igbo union conference in 1949:
it would appear that the God of Africa has specially created
the Igbo nation to lead the children from the bondage of the
ages,  , The marital prowess of the Ibo nation at all stages of
human history has enabled them not only to conquer others
but also to adapt themselves to the role of preserver. The
Igbo nation cannot shrink its responsibility. *"

Yet over 6 decades later, the igbos are still running around other peoples land whilst their region is in tatters. I beg, tell me something new, jo.
If you guys are so special, why then do you find it difficult to develop your region? Special ko, chosen one ni!

deadie:

Why does the average Igbo man prosper more than his compatriots despite being disadvantaged, politically and otherwise? The answer? He is smarter than u.

Yeah right!I will say 'cause he's more cunning as evidenced by what transpired in the 1st repbulic when Doc. Azikwe chosed to play second fiddle to a mere school teacher like TB.The NPC-NCNC accord made it possible for an Ibo, Eni Njoku to be appointed the first VC of UNILAG, a Yoruba area, despite many Yoruba professors who had better experience. Out of the 4 higher institutions in yorubaland, 3 was headed by igbos!
Njoku would bring in Ibos from anywhere from the east to occupy many UNILAG posts. Even cleaners were brought from the east. Ditto the federal public service, too. The Yoruba and many Midwesterners with better educated manpower were marginalised because their people voted for AG, the oppossition party.
This is your character trait hence no one wants to deal with you guys. you go into another man's land and marginalise him after he's welcome you as a guest and then turn round and start beating your hollow chest about some imaginary cleverness. But when the man refuse you, you start singing "Tribalism". All 'cause the man refused to be marginalise in his own land! Chei, you guys are just so bleeping smart.

deadie:

Feel free to hang your lazy behind or blame God for making u such a MO.RON.
Sorry to disaapoint you but i have no intention of doing as you suggested and i certainly don't perceive myself as a mo.ron.

deadie:

The success of the Igboman comes from hardwork, your lazy behind is not configured that way.
Yeah right, but am yet to see this so called hardwork manifest itself in your landlock "Land of the rising sun".
Re: Igbos In Opc by excanny: 9:47pm On Feb 10, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Yoruba Kwenu Ronugrin grin

Re: Igbos In Opc by deadie(m): 11:06pm On Feb 10, 2011
T9ksy:

Yeah right! And you truly believe that, huh. Listen, I have no time to play such infantile game of “my father’s farm is bigger than your father’s farm” with you. You are free to indulge in whatever delusions rocks your boat.

No sane person will gloat at such incidences rather am just perturbed at how you igbos seem to reserved the worse animosity for we yorubas yet don’t seem to feel that way about the northerners who have not made any bones about how much they dislike you lot and are always willing and ready to back it up with actions. Afterall, its on record that they are the ones who have been killing your kit and kin in droves.

Oh here we go again! I igbo man is better than 20 yorubamen. That’s your opinion which you are quite entitled to. I remember what Zik of Africa said at the first igbo union conference in 1949:
Yet over 6 decades later, the igbos are still running around other peoples land whilst their region is in tatters. I beg, tell me something new, jo.
If you guys are so special, why then do you find it difficult to develop your region? Special ko, chosen one ni!

Yeah right!I will say 'cause he's more cunning as evidenced by what transpired in the 1st repbulic when Doc. Azikwe chosed to play second fiddle to a mere school teacher like TB.The NPC-NCNC accord made it possible for an Ibo, Eni Njoku to be appointed the first VC of UNILAG, a Yoruba area, despite many Yoruba professors who had better experience. Out of the 4 higher institutions in yorubaland, 3 was headed by igbos!
Njoku would bring in Ibos from anywhere from the east to occupy many UNILAG posts. Even cleaners were brought from the east. Ditto the federal public service, too. The Yoruba and many Midwesterners with better educated manpower were marginalised because their people voted for AG, the oppossition party.
This is your character trait hence no one wants to deal with you guys. you go into another man's land and marginalise him after he's welcome you as a guest and then turn round and start beating your hollow chest about some imaginary cleverness. But when the man refuse you, you start singing "Tribalism". All 'cause the man refused to be marginalise in his own land! Chei, you guys are just so bleeping smart.

Sorry to disaapoint you but i have no intention of doing as you suggested and i certainly don't perceive myself as a mo.ron.
Yeah right, but am yet to see this so called hardwork manifest itself in your landlock "Land of the rising sun".

I must say that I was a little surprised to read ur latest comment. Based on ur previous post (esp. the one u remarked with seeming satisfaction at the killing of Igbo's in the North), I had expected it to lack any substance. I was surprised to learn that u could make references. You complain about the Igbo's and how they dominate where ever they are and want to take over. When the Igbo's wanted Biafra, Nigeria (Yoruba's and Hausa's) and fought them, leading to the death of more than a million lives. Now since we are forced to be part of the entity called Nigeria, what then makes it a crime to live and prosper and even aim for the highest office in whichever part of the country u find urself? The president of my faculty of over 5000 when I was in school in UNN was Yoruba. I doubt we had up to 30 Yoruba's in that Faculty then, I knew only about 5. Do Igbo's complain about having Yoruba's or Hausa's in Igbo land? If u can, please come, u are welcome to come and compete. Isn't it an irony that u do not want the Igbo's to have their own country and yet u are mad that he is successful in other parts of the country that you forced him to be part of? U are free to lie to urself that the Igbo is ordinary and yet whine at his successes.
Re: Igbos In Opc by T9ksy(m): 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2011
deadie:

I must say that I was a little surprised to read your latest comment. Based on your previous post (esp. the one u remarked with seeming satisfaction at the killing of Igbo's in the North), I had expected it to lack any substance. I was surprised to learn that u could make references. You complain about the Igbo's and how they dominate where ever they are and want to take over. When the Igbo's wanted Biafra, Nigeria (Yoruba's and Hausa's) and fought them, leading to the death of more than a million lives. Now since we are forced to be part of the entity called Nigeria, what then makes it a crime to live and prosper and even aim for the highest office in whichever part of the country u find urself? The president of my faculty of over 5000 when I was in school in UNN was Yoruba. I doubt we had up to 30 Yoruba's in that Faculty then, I knew only about 5. Do Igbo's complain about having Yoruba's or Hausa's in Igbo land? If u can, please come, u are welcome to come and compete. Isn't it an irony that u do not want the Igbo's to have their own country and yet u are mad that he is successful in other parts of the country that you forced him to be part of? U are free to lie to urself that the Igbo is ordinary and yet whine at his successes.

The instances i gave of the marginalisation of the igbos in other peoples land was before the war.
The instances kind of vindicated the yorubas when they refused to have Zik become premier in yorubaland. Imagine what it would have been like had the yorubas been so naive to allow such a scenario to occur.

It was this fear of been treated like a 2nd class citizen in their own land to propelled the northerners to go on a killing spree using the igbos are targets. This was the only rationale why you guys wanted One nigeriaNnot because you love your neighbour but so you could all go to their land and lord it over them.

Zik wouldn't even campaign in the north. who born am?
Oh btw, wasn't zik born and grew up in the north before going to the states?
I wonder why didn't he vie for premiership in the north?
Nigerians, my Ijebu ar.se!!!
Re: Igbos In Opc by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 11, 2011
T9ksy:

The instances i gave of the marginalisation of the igbos in other peoples land was before the war.
The instances kind of vindicated the yorubas when they refused to have Zik become premier in yorubaland. Imagine what it would have been like had the yorubas been so naive to allow such a scenario to occur.

It was this fear of been treated like a 2nd class citizen in their own land to propelled the northerners to go on a killing spree using the igbos are targets. This was the only rationale why you guys wanted One nigeriaNnot because you love your neighbour but so you could all go to their land and lord it over them.

who told u dat zik was born nd grew in north
And this ur words of the yorubaland been better, i cant get which state are u talking about? I hope u shouldnt call lagos cause its built with federal money same with abuja.
You knw what? I'm d last to call someone names on any chartimg site i am but dnt push me!
I only wrote in my first post dat igbos do join in other pppl group yet no complain.My advise to you is dat u shld work hard to counter the igbos around u if not then ur hatered nd jealous might never leave u till death comes.
Re: Igbos In Opc by deadie(m): 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2011
T9ksy:

Pause for a second and examine your points. Fight and kill the Igbo's, not because they are violent against you, but simply because u cannot compete against them. That seems to be your logic. Let us even agree that the Igbo's do not love their neighbours and wants to lord over them as you said, why then did Nigeria refuse to let them go? Wouldn't it be nice that they have their own country where they lord over themselves alone? I gave u an instance of a Yoruba guy that was the president of my faculty with a negligible Yoruba population: I VOTED FOR HIM during the elections! It mattered more to me that he was from my department, outspoken and eloquent than the fact that his name was Kolade. Have u ever heard of Igbo's attacking any group in Igbo land because we think they are going to dominate/ lord over us? Reason? Igbo's believe they are smarter and can out-compete any group in Nigeria. Resorting to violence against a non-violent group is a clear sign of intellectual and moral deficiency.
Re: Igbos In Opc by ifele(m): 12:06am On Feb 15, 2011
Checkout the flag of Yorubaland, Ife-Ile

Re: Igbos In Opc by ifele(m): 12:09am On Feb 15, 2011
Yorubaland's Coat of Arms. Blessed be Ife-Ile.

Re: Igbos In Opc by ifele(m): 12:25am On Feb 15, 2011
I am forming a new political party for the liberation of Yorubaland. This party is an ultra-nationalist party. The name of the party is ULTRA-TIONILE. OPC is not a nationalist party anymore, their wings have been clipped. OPC is now a neo-pagan movement dedicated to the celebration of Yoruba pagan festivals and mysteries. Yoruba paganism cannot give us the impetus we need to establish an independent Yoruba nation-state. Yoruba paganism has its corrupt influences on the adherents minds. Yoruba paganism does not teach any morals. Join us at ULTRA-TIONILE and lets work towards a free Yorubaland.

Re: Igbos In Opc by komando7(m): 7:04am On Feb 15, 2011
@ T9ksy
Listen you: Igbos turned Alaba from a village top a city. If Igbo were to abandon Lagos today, imagine what will happen top places like Alaba. Igbos are the most important contributors to tax in Lagos. Go ask fashola. A commisioner in Fasholas government is my brother. Fashola appreciates Igbos.
Re: Igbos In Opc by excanny: 7:34am On Feb 15, 2011
komando7:

@ T9ksy
Listen you: Igbos turned Alaba from a village top a city. If Igbo were to abandon Lagos today, imagine what will happen top places like Alaba. Igbos are the most important contributors to tax in Lagos. Go ask fashola. [b]A commisioner in Fasholas government is my brother. [/b]Fashola appreciates Igbos.

Igbos were the first to appoint a Yoruba into a government position in 2005, before Tinubu followed suit. No big deal.
Re: Igbos In Opc by seanet02: 7:41am On Feb 15, 2011
excanny:

Igbos were the first to appoint a Yoruba into a government position in 2005, before Tinubu followed suit. No big deal.
iro ti fo elori
Re: Igbos In Opc by fstranger3(m): 8:27am On Feb 15, 2011
^^^^

Oloshi ni bobo excanny yen

Iro to ko ni fun je

Awon omo Igbo, iri iro ni kan ni area of expertise won
Re: Igbos In Opc by deadie(m): 9:22am On Feb 15, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^^

Oloshi ni bobo excanny yen

Iro to ko ni fun je

Awon omo Igbo, iri iro ni kan ni area of expertise won
seanet02:

iro ti fo elori

I assume you both cannot write in English. Time to start go and start ur local village forum.
Re: Igbos In Opc by excanny: 9:28am On Feb 15, 2011
@ Fstranger and Seanet

Festus Adedayo was appointed a special adviser to the Enugu state govt in 2005 by Chimaroke Nnamani. Go ask around. It's not a lie.
Re: Igbos In Opc by seanet02: 10:07am On Feb 15, 2011
excanny:

@ Fstranger and Seanet

Festus Adedayo was appointed a special adviser to the Enugu state govt in 2005 by Chimaroke Nnamani. Go ask around. It's not a lie.
where is the source please
deadie:

I assume you both cannot write in English. Time to start go and start your local village forum.
stupid he goat. Are we talking of English here? Do you want to engage me in Comprehension debate? We are talking of somebody spewing garbage here, you just bump in and start hurling insults on people that beat the hell out of ojukwu. You dey craze
Re: Igbos In Opc by fstranger3(m): 10:09am On Feb 15, 2011
seanet02:

where is the source please silly he goat. Are we talking of English here? Do you want to engage me in Comprehension debate? We are talking of somebody spewing garbage here, you just bump in and start hurling insults on people that beat the hell out of ojukwu. You dey craze

I think you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than Bkbabe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

OMG!
Re: Igbos In Opc by excanny: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2011
excanny:

@ Fstranger and Seanet

SOURCE: www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2007/feb/12/newsbreak-12-02-2007-001.htm
Re: Igbos In Opc by deadie(m): 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2011
seanet02:

where is the source please silly he goat. Are we talking of English here? Do you want to engage me in Comprehension debate? We are talking of somebody spewing garbage here, you just bump in and start hurling insults on people that beat the hell out of ojukwu. You dey craze

Why didn't u post this one in Yoruba? Wouldn't it have been easier for me to understand? Fact is that communication in this forum is in English, if u want to converse in your local language, feel free to start another forum or a Yoruba thread. If u must post something here, whether insults or praises, make that in a language where all and sundry will understand, otherwise u are just showing what a F00L you are.
Re: Igbos In Opc by EzeUche2(m): 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2011
We Igbos are settlers. When our populations grow too much for our region to handle, we expand. This is how the world works in general. Expansion is as old as civilization itself. People need to stop complaining and get over it. As long as my people keep on producing large amounts of people, we will continue to "invade" other people's land.
Re: Igbos In Opc by excanny: 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2011
EzeUche_:

We Igbos are settlers. When our populations grow too much for our region to handle, we expand. This is how the world works in general. Expansion is as old as civilization itself. People need to stop complaining and get over it. As long as my people keep on producing large amounts of people, we will continue to "invade" other people's land.

You shouldn't be 'saying' stuff like this. It's not right. Puts you in bad light.
Re: Igbos In Opc by EzeUche2(m): 4:06pm On Feb 15, 2011
excanny:

You shouldn't be 'saying' stuff like this. It's not right. Puts you in bad light.

Who cares? It is called being realistic and it puts things in perspective. That is what is happening is it not? Igbos are spreading in all directions, because our region is densely populated. For the survival of the Igbo race, we must spread out in all directions. I have always believed that. And the old days, clans that had excess populations, would send settlers to other people's land. That is how my hometown was founded after my ancestorsforced the Ibibios off their land.
Re: Igbos In Opc by seanet02: 5:40pm On Feb 15, 2011
deadie:

Why didn't u post this one in Yoruba? Wouldn't it have been easier for me to understand? Fact is that communication in this forum is in English, if u want to converse in your local language, feel free to start another forum or a Yoruba thread. If u must post something here, whether insults or praises, make that in a language where all and sundry will understand, otherwise u are just showing what a F00L you are.
M.O.R.O.N.
excanny:

SOURCE: www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2007/feb/12/newsbreak-12-02-2007-001.htm
would accept this but as for being the first you are not. The date here was 2007 since media advisers can be hired and fired anytime, what if he was appointed a week to the statement.
Re: Igbos In Opc by excanny: 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2011
seanet02:

would accept this but as for being the first you are not. The date here was 2007 since media advisers can be hired and fired anytime, what if he was appointed a week to the statement.

This is a 2005 article. He also appointed again after that as chief press secretary to enugu state government.
http://accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-137152571/oduduwa-son-enugu-govt.html
Re: Igbos In Opc by ASL33: 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2011
seanet02:

M.O.R.O.N. would accept this but as for being the first you are not. The date here was 2007 since media advisers can be hired and fired anytime, what if he was appointed a week to the statement.
Its only in Nigeria that people can assume anything to discredit their fellow citizen. You asked for source and one is provided you resorted to duration. Now that he has provided a date from 2005 what else will come up with.

Abia did the same within the same period as well, do you want source?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Biafra Becomes Reality Today, Igbos In Delta State Would Be Part Of It / Court Dismisses Judgement Against Rivers APC Guber Candidate, Tonye Cole / Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.