Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,366 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars (116593 Views)

The Prison Where Hushpuppi Will Stay For 11 Years In The US / Chicago Prison Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held / 'One Million Boys' Storm Oworonshoki In Lagos. Youths Resist Them (Video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by madridsta007(m): 11:37am On Jul 19, 2020
Dangrace01:

Invictus obi had investment

He started his investment and business LOOOOOONG before he ventured into fraud.
That is why many people who knew him were angry at what he did. There was no need to.

15 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 19, 2020
Those pictures don't pass for a slum!
They are just typical of normal Nigerian towns.

8 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Olayetan(m): 11:37am On Jul 19, 2020
madridsta007:

I have never seen a yahoo boy who's invested his/ her proceeds from fraud into some sustainable business. Why is this so, dear Yahoo Boys?

Some billionaires today are sef made from Yahoo.

Some will hit hard and go legit, but many of them are fools who goes astray.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by martowskin1(m): 11:37am On Jul 19, 2020
poshestmina:
So
Was that way he scammed people of their hard earned monies?

Is he the only kid out of a ghetto?

All this pity stories won't save him . undecided undecided undecided undecided

Hush is not the problem, hush is a product of a failed society. More kids like him will rise up from the ignored street.

This is just the beginning. Nigeria is currently in a state when every single person know atleast another person that is into fraud.

Not everyone can accept poverty.. Some will take laws in to their hands and leave that state

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Dangrace01: 11:37am On Jul 19, 2020
madridsta007:

He started his investment and business LOOOOOONG before he ventured into fraud.
That is why many people who knew him were angry at what he did. There was no need to.

Oh okay. I thought it's d proceed from fraud he used to make investment

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by gnykelly(m): 11:39am On Jul 19, 2020
LadySarah:
#5000!! That's all you could give the woman that fed you for yrs. You are irredeemable. Okuko chefuru onye foro ya ofu nudu mmiri!
he bought food on credit he paid later. that's business.
he doesn't owe her breakthrough.

7 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by madridsta007(m): 11:39am On Jul 19, 2020
Olayetan:

Yes they grow into billionaires before they crash, but that is not my point. Hushpuppi was a billionaire.
But never felt it wise to invest in a sustainable business.
That hotel business would have been an excellent business idea.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by americaninja1: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2020
He's going back to eat food on credit from that woman again. Back to square one.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Snakedoctor1: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2020
Realcash224:
Nobody saw a billionaire in Hushpuppi some 15 years ago when he roamed the dusty streets of Oworonshoki, Lagos, looking to wash cars for a paltry N100, and later returning to a food joint where he had beans and bread on credit.

In a philosophical reflection, using himself as a case study, he touched on how a child could feel rejected because of his poor background in his widely circulated 2017 “Letter to the Ghetto Kid”. It was about the same year Hushpuppi became a household name, as he had started using his social media page to flaunt his wealth.

With a sense of pride, Ramon Abass, whose dad drove a taxi and mum sold bread by the roadside in Oworonshoki, would say he represents “every underprivileged kid of the world and especially of Nigeria and of Lagos and of Bariga and of Oworonshoki — where a landlord had chased me and my family out of a rented room.”

Of course, now sounding like someone who has made it in life, he concluded by advising that “dejected kid” not to give up, just like he never did.
Entering stardom, Hushpuppi claimed to be into real estate but this had been trailed by skepticism, with many wondering how the 37-year-old had maintained a luxurious lifestyle for years — from acquiring the latest automobiles, including Rolls-Royce and Ferrari, to hiring private jets to take him holidaying across the best spots in the world.

It didn’t come much as a surprise in June when he was arrested in Dubai, where he was based, with 11 of his associates over email scams known in the Nigerian parlance as Yahoo-Yahoo.

In the special operation dubbed “Fox Hunt 2”, the Dubai police had tracked Hushpuppi for about four months, and upon his arrest, it was alleged that the crimes committed outside the UAE, included money laundering, cyber fraud, hacking, impersonation, banking fraud and identity theft worth Dh1.6 billion (an estimated N168 billion).

The police also revealed that 1,926,400 victims were targeted by the syndicate.

Subsequently extradited to the US for trial on money laundering, his lawyer, however, insisted that Hushpuppi “became rich through real estate.”

The real estate claim is what some residents of Ogunyomi street in Oworonshoki would dismiss.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/inside-lagos-slum-where-hushpuppi-bought-food-on-credit-washed-cars-for-survival/amp
I just bought direct tokumbo of that car you displayed in the first picture. Pls take it down
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2020
Something interesting about hushpuppi he never deleted this picture on his ig page....his most liked picture

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by adonainana: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2020
I would never condone fraud but i feel sorry for him,

Sometimes opportunity comes once in a life time,

Even a financial crime lawyer he didnt have by his side, all he did was steal money, flex, go back and steal more and flex and repeat like again and again .Surely one day, the victims will complain about their missing funds and the list will grow and a case will be built up against you.

Just like one of my friends who made it big here in London and wiped out 56 million naira ( 100,000 pounds ) from one company like that

I immediately advised him, omo go and buy hotel with this money, there are loads for sale in lagos at the moment, you can even buy 2 or 3.

The hotel will be bringing you passive income for the gloomy days, baba didnt listen to me ooo na Lexus RX300 2018 baba go buy.

Only time can tell tho

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by frank417: 11:41am On Jul 19, 2020

7 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by GreaterFuture1(m): 11:42am On Jul 19, 2020
haiti007:
undecided 15years ago (2005), I don't think cars were washed for #100.
In 2012 we used to wash Cars for 300-500 naira.

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Alwaysachick: 11:43am On Jul 19, 2020
So Hushpuppi did not bury money in the ground of his father's compound. Chai.....wasted effort.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by steemlord: 11:43am On Jul 19, 2020
nams77:

That same thing is what former ex governor of delta state, Uduaghan did. There was this old mama in his hood where he and his family goes to buy credit when hunger comes calling. He became governor and forgot about her. Really sad.
I am not surprised by Uduaghan. personally speaking, when my father passed away, I learnt bitterly, that most people who leech on you, habor deep resentment against you simultaneously, as if you are the cause of their predicament.

23 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Ifesinachi22(m): 11:44am On Jul 19, 2020
haiti007:

Here in the North, its ₦400, the kind of car wash in the picture above.

In 2005, it should be ₦50

3 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Euegene100001: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2020
In Nigeria?
Stanweezy:
Hustle in legitimate way and enjoy your wealth without fear
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Agugbadin: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2020
nams77:

That same thing is what former ex governor of delta state, Uduaghan did. There was this old mama in his hood where he and his family goes to buy credit when hunger comes calling. He became governor and forgot about her. Really sad.

Uduaghan is born a wicked fellow, so I am not suprised. He is naturally a wicked man he can only help his side babe.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Asadujames202(m): 11:45am On Jul 19, 2020
Do your time
Bounce back

Hush got loads of big- pocket goons
Who're ever ready to rally up for him
till he gets back on his feet

Don't even expect him to go from Chicago maximum to ajegunle ghetto
Cus you sure to be disappointed

It's sure to be from Chicago maximum to Penthouse in banana Island,
Not surprise
That's Kings code, oh yeah, that's how Kings roll

To coldblood haters
"You either make money or go home and sleep"
Restless sleep, though .

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by WakeNbaked: 11:47am On Jul 19, 2020
Realcash224:
“And after a while, he disappeared; we didn’t see him. After some years though, he returned and then paid all the money he was owing. He also gave me money to make catfish pepper soup for him and his friends.

“During his most recent and last visit, I think in 2018, he ‘dashed’ me N5,000. I was in the backyard when I was told that someone was calling me outside. I came out and saw him inside one car. I shouted Ramon with all excitement, and held his hands.”

Some got angry that how could the billionaire Hushpuppi give her “just N5,000” with all she’s “done for him”, but Mama Dele said it wasn’t a big deal as he gave the money out of his free will without her asking.

“I could have rejected and I know he would have given me more, but I’m content with anything anyone gives me as a gift,” she said.

Mama Dele would describe Hushpuppi as someone who doesn’t like making trouble, and was never a thief.

“The only thing I knew he was doing was this Yahoo,” she said, and wouldn’t realise the connection between theft and Yahoo-Yahoo.
Which kind casting be this, make FBI come pick this Woman.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by ObaKlaz: 11:48am On Jul 19, 2020
StagethemTVee:
As evident in this article, the problem Nigerians have with corruption and stealing is that it has the loot has not gotten to them? Many of Hushpuppi's neighbours have no issues with the source of his wealth, they are upset he was not generous with it.
You have captured the most salient point in all this. You have just summed up the mindset of the average Nigerian. Little wonder our nation keeps hitting new depths of rock bottom every day.

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Dangrace01: 11:48am On Jul 19, 2020
martowskin1:

Hush is not the problem, hush is a product of a failed society. More kids like him will rise up from the ignored street.

This is just the beginning. Nigeria is currently in a state when every single person know atleast another person that is into fraud.

Not everyone can accept poverty.. Some will take laws in to their hands and leave that state

This is fact. I still tell people Nigerians are the wonderful people on Earth.

Nigerian government are the most luckiest and the most stupid. APC and Pdp inclusive. Nigerians can take anything you throw at them nobody protest.

All other countries of the world when people start spending 40% of their salary on food just know war is about to begin. In Nigeria how much is the average person spending on food.

2k can't cook food for me as a single guy. Imagine a man with family.

I don't blame people into fraud and I also respect that Nigerian that through thick and thin did not go into fraud but truth be told Nigeria government don't know what they are doing they are really pushing Nigerians to the wall.

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Chris2863(m): 11:48am On Jul 19, 2020
Olabode971:
Hmmm... Once a poor boy became Billionaire Now behind the bar with nothing tangible to write about...

#WhatALifeInsideLife
Who told you, even if he spend 50yrs there, coming out, he will still be richer than your whole generation... It's not a curse but a fact
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by DelilahMakinde(f): 11:50am On Jul 19, 2020
Agugbadin:

Uduaghan is born a wicked fellow, so I am not suprised. He is naturally a wicked man he can only help his side babe.

Lol ! Stop talking about my Dr. Emma like that..
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Chris2863(m): 11:50am On Jul 19, 2020
Most of you are not rejoicing because he was arrest but because you want everybody to be poor like you. Motherfuckers.....hahhaha

3 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Coronavirus84: 11:50am On Jul 19, 2020
haiti007:
No matter how local the car wash is, as at 2005, I was still watching cars struggling to go school then, car was never #100
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by jonsnow12(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2020
It pays to hustle legit cool cool cool
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by ruggedtimi(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2020
This is a perfect story for a Hollywood movie about crime/money.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by WakeNbaked: 11:51am On Jul 19, 2020
Realcash224:
Some people who spoke with TheCable said Hushpuppi was already rich enough to buy the street and turn it into an estate, but he wouldn’t.

A hotel on the street, at a time, was up for sale and Sikiru Adekoya, his close friend who was also arrested alongside Hushpuppi, was said to have called him to buy the building, but he showed no interest.

“What has all his money amounted to now that we can’t even point to one thing he did in his area?” one of the sources asked.

“The house he was born in was here on Oworo road, and now that place has been bought and turned into a car wash. I remember very well how Ramon, interestingly, used to ask people to bring their cars to the front of that house so he could wash. They paid him about N100 per car then. Just imagine if he even bought that space and turned it to a modern car wash. At least boys on the street would get more jobs from that.”
Na by force to buy Hotel or start car business, baba he doesn't owe the street or anyone anything. If him wan give na out of he own free will, I hate people that are entitle to other cash.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Heavensent01(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2020
Stanweezy:
Hustle in legitimate way and enjoy your wealth without fear

97% of wealthy man in Nigeria and if not the world made their wealth by extortion, govt resources swindling and other avenue. this doesn't mean crime is the best but nobody is a saint

hushpuppi no just use brain well

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by adonainana: 11:51am On Jul 19, 2020
Olayetan:

True, fraud is not only yahoo yahoo, from white collar inducement fraud, bribery, govt collusion, slavery, imperialism, round tripping of currencies, I have seen a bank manager award a 30 million naira loan to an investor without due process.

Its not only fraud when someone goes online wants to scam you.

Most billionaires have corrupt money washed into their legitimate money they made or make now. Its just the way the system is

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by jaxxy(m): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2020
Interesting..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Orji Police Station Attack In Owerri, Hoodlums Share Weapons (Video) / Taraba Man Whose Wife Cut Off His Manhood Cries Out / Man Dies After Sex With A Precious, Prostitute From Akwa Ibom (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.