Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars (116571 Views)

The Prison Where Hushpuppi Will Stay For 11 Years In The US / Chicago Prison Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held / 'One Million Boys' Storm Oworonshoki In Lagos. Youths Resist Them (Video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Komu1048(m): 12:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
Waiting for one of them who will gladly serve some of his jail years for him
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by coputa(m): 12:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
StagethemTVee:
As evident in this article, the problem Nigerians have with corruption and stealing is that the loot has not gotten to them? Many of Hushpuppi's neighbours have no issues with the source of his wealth, they are upset he was not generous with it.
No wealth that crosses the billion naira mark is gotten from a clean source,they all have black spots.

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by SAMBARRY: 12:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Lol, this is not entirely true. When it comes to wealth, there is law of nature that controls it. Hence, for each generation, different family will be wealthy, while those once wealthy will go poor as subsequent generations passed.
Where or who was Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and the likes grandfather or great grandfather?
where or who is Andrew Carnegie, J.P Morgan's grand children and great grand children?
The thing is, no family can sustain wealth for generations, the law of nature will make it go in cycle.
wrong

The wealthy think of their generations before they're born,the accidentally rich think of the next party to impress or show off

Bill gates and co you're mentioning might have come from poor homes and experienced poverty but they decided/made up their minds that poverty will end in their own generation and LEARNT HOW TO SUSTAIN WEALTH

However the holy book also says wealth gotten or gathered by fraud develops wings and flies away so if you like plan all you like if the root or foundation of your wealth is from fraud/illegitimate means,it will not last.if at all it lasts,it will come with baggages e.g long term sicknesses etc.

Look at the money bags of the 90s who did fraud,where are they now?

Where is Chris sogunro?
Tafa baloguns family? Of course you don't need anyone to tell you the Balogun family now is stark broke.when the man was alive he was spending money recklessly on owanbe making it rain on musicians and loose women .
Dele awesu
Ade Bendel etc

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by j1mmy: 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
Yahoo-419 was started by IGBO people in the 70s and 80s.

It started with IGBOs buying good iOU from abroad on credit with fake names and refusing to pay later.

Then they upgraded to selling fake and contraband goods.

Some of the so called market ones who returned from Asia or abroad somewhere started sending telex, fax and later emails to mugus in foreign countries.

Some other Nigerians later joined.

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by silibaba: 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
In as much as i dont support scam, at least he was once a billionaire.

If you must sin, sin boldly.

Many people here may not touch 1m till they die.

Abeg make we leave the guy alone. Everybody cant troll the same path.

Who do yahoo reach white?

What about our politician dem.

If i hear hush puppy for anybody mouth here, i go slap that person.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Yoighaman(m): 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
coputa:
No wealth that crosses the billion naira mark is gotten from a clean source,they all have black spots.

Please erase this mentality, it won't help you go far in life (no insults)

3 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Edusouls(m): 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
You are nothing but a sensible man, the guy was too stingy upon that he steals people’s sweat still he can’t even give
SAMBARRY:
Smh

The holy book says a fool and his money are soon seperated

If you are a fool and you have 500 billion,if you have poverty of the mind and brain, you will loose it

Hushpupi lacks wisdom.a rich man without wisdom will still go back to square one

Another issue is that he was not a giver.how can a woman who was good to you during your broke days just give her a paltry ₦5000

If at all you're stingy you should have helped her renovate her shop and give her better equipments for her buisness since she was a kind buisness woman

This days how many food sellers sell food with compassion?
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by TheBlessedHero: 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
ArewaWife:

Bill Gates grandfather was a governor in a state in America and even left bill some inheritance
what's his name, and which state did he govern?
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by seangy4konji: 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
idiots....

who be yahoo...

everybody na hustler..

dieziani,melaye,magu,dasuki...are they not yahooagba yahoo

na person weh dem catch be thief...u weh deh inflate price of item u wan sell..u no be yahoou just smart abi?

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by madridsta007(m): 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
WakeNbaked:

What do they mean by there was no mean to? How him wan take enter Forbes?

LOL. grin
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by tunary(m): 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
Realcash224:
He is also accused of not helping others with whom he started with on the streets.

It wasn’t until two years ago that he eventually took in Sikiru with him in Dubai, who got arrested with him in June when the Dubai police stormed their house, a source claimed.

“Sometimes, I will be with Sikiru and he will be on phone with Ramon, begging him to send money. Despite having a billionaire friend, Sikiru was still staying in this ghetto area,” another source explained.

As things stand now, that once-upon-a-poor-boy from Oworoshonki risks spending the next 20 years in an American prison if convicted.
https://www.thecable.ng/inside-lagos-slum-where-hushpuppi-bought-food-on-credit-washed-cars-for-survival/amp
If you take some people near body things may go bad for you. some people are cursed
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Born2Breed(f): 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
allen113:
sikiru na bad luck

Lolz. You be mind reader.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by coputa(m): 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
Yoighaman:

Please erase this mentality, it won't help you go far in life (no insults)
Far,further,furthest,you will not understand
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by DaRuud(m): 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
I hope after spending 20 years in prison he will become a citizen there

Realcash224:
Nobody saw a billionaire in Hushpuppi some 15 years ago when he roamed the dusty streets of Oworonshoki, Lagos, looking to wash cars for a paltry N100, and later returning to a food joint where he had beans and bread on credit.

In a philosophical reflection, using himself as a case study, he touched on how a child could feel rejected because of his poor background in his widely circulated 2017 “Letter to the Ghetto Kid”. It was about the same year Hushpuppi became a household name, as he had started using his social media page to flaunt his wealth.

With a sense of pride, Ramon Abass, whose dad drove a taxi and mum sold bread by the roadside in Oworonshoki, would say he represents “every underprivileged kid of the world and especially of Nigeria and of Lagos and of Bariga and of Oworonshoki — where a landlord had chased me and my family out of a rented room.”

Of course, now sounding like someone who has made it in life, he concluded by advising that “dejected kid” not to give up, just like he never did.
Entering stardom, Hushpuppi claimed to be into real estate but this had been trailed by skepticism, with many wondering how the 37-year-old had maintained a luxurious lifestyle for years — from acquiring the latest automobiles, including Rolls-Royce and Ferrari, to hiring private jets to take him holidaying across the best spots in the world.

It didn’t come much as a surprise in June when he was arrested in Dubai, where he was based, with 11 of his associates over email scams known in the Nigerian parlance as Yahoo-Yahoo.

In the special operation dubbed “Fox Hunt 2”, the Dubai police had tracked Hushpuppi for about four months, and upon his arrest, it was alleged that the crimes committed outside the UAE, included money laundering, cyber fraud, hacking, impersonation, banking fraud and identity theft worth Dh1.6 billion (an estimated N168 billion).

The police also revealed that 1,926,400 victims were targeted by the syndicate.

Subsequently extradited to the US for trial on money laundering, his lawyer, however, insisted that Hushpuppi “became rich through real estate.”

The real estate claim is what some residents of Ogunyomi street in Oworonshoki would dismiss.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/inside-lagos-slum-where-hushpuppi-bought-food-on-credit-washed-cars-for-survival/amp
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by kayjay69(m): 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
Now I know illegality is immoral and he is not the best role model for the younger generation but there is a positive side to his story and it just shows that you can be whatever you want to be in life if you are willing to pay the price and do what it takes.

As much as it may not be the right thing to say, it took a lot of effort for him to get out of poverty and become what he is today.

3 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Born2Breed(f): 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
martowskin1:

Hush is not the problem, hush is a product of a failed society. More kids like him will rise up from the ignored street.

This is just the beginning. Nigeria is currently in a state when every single person know atleast another person that is into fraud.

Not everyone can accept poverty.. Some will take laws in to their hands and leave that state

You have said the truth and nothing but the truth.

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by bizhop01: 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nairalander role model grin
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by MartinsD12(m): 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
Realcash224:
Nobody saw a billionaire in Hushpuppi some 15 years ago when he roamed the dusty streets of Oworonshoki, Lagos, looking to wash cars for a paltry N100, and later returning to a food joint where he had beans and bread on credit.

In a philosophical reflection, using himself as a case study, he touched on how a child could feel rejected because of his poor background in his widely circulated 2017 “Letter to the Ghetto Kid”. It was about the same year Hushpuppi became a household name, as he had started using his social media page to flaunt his wealth.

With a sense of pride, Ramon Abass, whose dad drove a taxi and mum sold bread by the roadside in Oworonshoki, would say he represents “every underprivileged kid of the world and especially of Nigeria and of Lagos and of Bariga and of Oworonshoki — where a landlord had chased me and my family out of a rented room.”

Of course, now sounding like someone who has made it in life, he concluded by advising that “dejected kid” not to give up, just like he never did.
Entering stardom, Hushpuppi claimed to be into real estate but this had been trailed by skepticism, with many wondering how the 37-year-old had maintained a luxurious lifestyle for years — from acquiring the latest automobiles, including Rolls-Royce and Ferrari, to hiring private jets to take him holidaying across the best spots in the world.

It didn’t come much as a surprise in June when he was arrested in Dubai, where he was based, with 11 of his associates over email scams known in the Nigerian parlance as Yahoo-Yahoo.

In the special operation dubbed “Fox Hunt 2”, the Dubai police had tracked Hushpuppi for about four months, and upon his arrest, it was alleged that the crimes committed outside the UAE, included money laundering, cyber fraud, hacking, impersonation, banking fraud and identity theft worth Dh1.6 billion (an estimated N168 billion).

Subsequently extradited to the US for trial on money laundering, his lawyer, however, insisted that Hushpuppi “became rich through real estate.”

The real estate claim is what some residents of Ogunyomi street in Oworonshoki would dismiss.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/inside-lagos-slum-where-hushpuppi-bought-food-on-credit-washed-cars-for-survival/amp
I wonder why yahoo Boys don't help people rather they lavish the money on alcohol , drugs and girls, imagine giving a woman that feed him on credit a paltry 5000 naira, I wonder what stops him from building a standard restaurant for her and I wonder why he didn't go into real estate business with the kind of money he has, wasted life.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by BABAawoo47: 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
madridsta007:

I have never seen a yahoo boy who's invested his/ her proceeds from fraud into some sustainable business. Why is this so, dear Yahoo Boys?
invictus??
although d mumu still continued fraud nd use business as undercover
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by PaulH07: 12:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
nextstep:
It's a shame he had to resort to crime.

I'm also doubly annoyed that these types of grass-to-grace people never stop to think: "OK I don chop small, let me share some of the wealth and build a factory in the slum... even if na bag factory, to help raise my people out of poverty". I think "HushPuppi Bags" could have been an excellent brand.

Instead it's only "living my best life" posing with stolen funds. angry

Ah well, he lived his best life, and now he gets to balance it out with 20 years in American jail - which frankly is better than most slums.

Bro make we relate for shydoki@gmail.com
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by bossvinqualad25(m): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
3kay945:

How much ?
,depending on size from 90k upward
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
they didnt find the source of his poverty then o. na now wey he hammer every tom dickkk and harry wan reason him matter. thunder fire poor people.
my only issue with the guy na him stingyness. when u make this type of money, you dont get stingy
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by PaulH07: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
wfjimmytobby:
hushpuppi na legend...the rest of you ghetto kids should hustle hard instead of talking s**t about him..for me i don't see anything wrong in collecting from the rich and making use of the cash..get rich or die trying

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by SarkinYarki: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
SAMBARRY:
Smh

If you are a fool and you have 500 billion,if you have poverty of the mind and brain, you will loose it

Hushpupi lacks wisdom.a rich man without wisdom will still go back to square one

Another issue is that he was not a giver.how can a woman who was good to you during your broke days just give her a paltry ₦5000

If at all you're stingy you should have helped her renovate her shop and give her better equipments for her buisness since she was a kind buisness woman

He no try with that 5k at all
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by SAMBARRY: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
coputa:
lies From the pit of hell

Mark Zuckerberg
Rockefeller
Warren Buffett

Etc

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by PaulH07: 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dasuks:

Abiola was a cheerful giver tho. Generous and generally approachable for someone of that level.

It was just that his main source was the telco contracts, oil allocations and other forms of govt
patronage he was enjoying. So when he bit the hand that fed him it was easier to frustrate his empire.

Funny enough, I don't know who was richer then between him and Dangote...
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by SAMBARRY: 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
SarkinYarki:

He no try with that 5k at all
because he lacked wisdom

God help him if he's deported.them no born am well to say he wan go live for him former street
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by abidem4real: 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
Realcash224:

Nigeria is a country of strugglers and whoever survives our horrific existence should be left alone for all are sinners. Nigerian government is the deadliest thief and scammer

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by PaulH07: 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
adekunle0000:
You only need to read Walter Rodney's book "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa" for you to understand that men like Blessed Hushpuppi are on a divine mission. You may choose not to exalt them, but please do not castigate them either. The Caucasians are cold-blooded motherfuckers! They have been raping us mercilessly!

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by DisLifeSha: 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
Why this epistle He didn't make the money legitimately
SAMBARRY:
Smh

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Stillthebest: 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
shocked

Nothing concern us about hush. Make him deal with his folly.

By now he would have realised how stupid he has been all these while.
If he is convicted
All those money will be collected from him to the last Kobo.
His contacts will be gone.

He will be on the FBI, Interpol Radar.
He has no house, no investment. But well he ows an apartment in the hotel he stayed.

People said he had enjoyed. I wish he would think like that.

A Day in hell is worst than 1000 years of enjoyment.

Anyone who lives in a glass house doesn't throw stones.

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by PaulH07: 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
silibaba:
In as much as i dont support scam, at least he was once a billionaire.

If you must sin, sin boldly.

Many people here may not touch 1m till they die.

Abeg make we leave the guy alone. Everybody cant troll the same path.

Who do yahoo reach white?

What about our politician dem.

If i hear hush puppy for anybody mouth here, i go slap that person.

Shalom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Orji Police Station Attack In Owerri, Hoodlums Share Weapons (Video) / Taraba Man Whose Wife Cut Off His Manhood Cries Out / Man Dies After Sex With A Precious, Prostitute From Akwa Ibom (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.