Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars (116592 Views)

The Prison Where Hushpuppi Will Stay For 11 Years In The US / Chicago Prison Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held / 'One Million Boys' Storm Oworonshoki In Lagos. Youths Resist Them (Video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by tunize(m): 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
Never u forget those the helped u wen the going was bad especially those that feed you. Na the life wen we dey so self u nigga go jst blow get new cliq forgt im root. Imagine given a woman that was good to him #5000 what happens to upgrading the resturant for her and if possible help any of her kids so unfortunate nobody even talks good of him.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by mrkels(m): 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
haiti007:
undecided 15years ago (2005), I don't think cars were washed for #100.

See you .

15 years later cars are being washed for N500 so what are you saying

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by merits(m): 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
poshestmina:
So
Was that way he scammed people of their hard earned monies?

Is he the only kid out of a ghetto?

All this pity stories won't save him . undecided undecided undecided undecided
Don't mind them, they'll talk story tire.

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by pocohantas(f): 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
SAMBARRY:
smh

Check out people who become unexpectedly rich and aren't givers.they eventually go back to square 1.its an inevitable principle of wealth.

Lol. I can’t say of the unexpectedly rich part, but you get point sha. They can use 1m to drink, but they can never give a carton of noodles to the less privileged. If you check those kind people well, they have unresolved mental and psychological issues. I mean, them no well!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by lagdmark(m): 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
By the time Ramoni returns to naija after 25 years drilling he will be 57 years he will become a born again Alfa.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by bossvinqualad25(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
[quote author=merits post=91873474]
Please can I get a ram of 35 to 40k from you.i resides in Ajah.[/quote u cant get for that amount , if you can get 85k u will get a better one
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by bossvinqualad25(m): 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
bigbananai:
las las even u sef na scammer. that same yam, if i contact you now u go give me big price. all na scam
i will give u a reasonable price
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by haiti007(m): 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
mrkels:

See you .

15 years later cars are being washed for N500 so what are you saying
Bro, I wash cars as at '08 and we wash for #400. Don't tell me that prices rider for 300% within 3years.
Besides, when I was into that biz, there use to be an unanimous amount stipulated by car wash managers all over Lagos
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Lovelyn451(f): 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
allen113:
sikiru na bad luck
grin grin...sikiru, the name no be am
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by ifko: 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
wfjimmytobby:
hushpuppi na legend...the rest of you ghetto kids should hustle hard instead of talking s**t about him..for me i don't see anything wrong in collecting from the rich and making use of the cash..get rich or die trying
Awon Huspuppy brother....carry go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by phemmyfour: 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
haiti007:

No matter how standard it was then, cars were not washed for that amount. Even car wash at Ibadan that don't use bore, water hose etc charges more than #100.

Note; before I could be so confident, I have worked in car washes in 3 States in Nigeria
When you have nothing to eat, you all even wash for less.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by haiti007(m): 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
phemmyfour:
When you have nothing to eat, you all even wash for less.

So true.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by chaloskyx: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
please enough of hush hes not something that should is relevant can you focus on proven success stories of other worthy Nigerians
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by AfroKnight: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
Wetin be dis?

A laughable attempt at image laundering.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by PaulH07: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dasuks:

Advance of african capital by Tom Forrest. Im 28 lol. Not an oldhead at all.

Waoh that's great. So a white man spoke at length on our own people. They probably know more about our roots than the average African sef...
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by silibaba: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
PaulH07:

Bro make we relate for shydoki@gmail.com
i no bi yahoo biko.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Every successful criminal acts has an expiration date.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Xyzee: 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
In front of the canteen where he ate on credit.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by imperiouxx(m): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
Realcash224:
[s]Nobody saw a billionaire in Hushpuppi some 15 years ago when he roamed the dusty streets of Oworonshoki, Lagos, looking to wash cars for a paltry N100, and later returning to a food joint where he had beans and bread on credit.[/s] bullshit!

In a philosophical reflection, using himself as a case study, he touched on how a child could feel rejected because of his poor background in his widely circulated 2017 “Letter to the Ghetto Kid”. It was about the same year Hushpuppi became a household name, as he had started using his social media page to flaunt his wealth.

With a sense of pride, Ramon Abass, whose dad drove a taxi and mum sold bread by the roadside in Oworonshoki, would say [s]he represents “every underprivileged kid of the world and especially of Nigeria and of Lagos and of Bariga and of Oworonshoki[/s] bullshit! — where a landlord had chased me and my family out of a rented room.”

He was the one that forced himself into headlines. Nobody cares if he had "suffered" before. Many of us have suffered too. Only those who made it legally through suffering are the true hustlers. And to those fans thinking he's going to win the FBI, grin well, he should pay more top "American lawyers", it's all going to end the same way...... the FBI wins!

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by ccollins(m): 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
PaulH07:

The craze Nigerians have for cars still baffles me beyond doubt meen. Infact my trying to buy a car is borne plainly out of peer pressure, I no actually even send motor sef walahi...

Maybe because my dad sold cars when he was alive.

I've always wanted to be like him- to BE rich, not to look it...

I go really appreciate if I go fit get connect of men wey sabi, make I top up my income, open solid bar for cool place for Lagos....na biz dey my mind meen, not even all these nonsense oloshos sef...
I don't fancy material things myself. All things should be done with moderation. I am a Christian and make we join do investment together na
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by TAYO124: 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hush is no hero, he is simply a thief who defrauded thousands of people. If you were ever a victim of internet fraud then you will not side with Ramoni Igbalode.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by imperiouxx(m): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2020
Xyzee:
In front of the canteen where he ate on credit.

You see how any ordinary person can sit in front of a computer typing craps and ripping off others? Most of these guys in this picture are now awaiting trials to be jailed for many years. About 20 years would be removed from their life achievement and counted as wasted. Wow!
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by guru90: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
mkoabiola:
Hussh is coming back to nja

In his own house or to live as tenant in Lagos.

Which one?
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by guru90: 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
Ladycewhy:
Trying so hard to humanise a scammer. Why not talk about the ordeal of the people he scammed? undecided.

The people he scammed are the real victims here, not a criminal puppy. Let's focus more on the lives of the people who he defrauded .

He is suffering their curse now.

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Sebbs(m): 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hushpuppy Bleep up behaved like a kid by first bearing a baby dog .With all this money you no help boys .Anyways na my role model but will be beta than him y'all can critize me I don't care because me I no see any better for this kind animal kingdom wey we dy and people plenty for back wey dy expect return
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by lastchild: 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
bossvinqualad25:
Nothing pays better earning from your own sweat,if you are in need of ileya ram and reside within lagos contact me,we sell @a pocket friendly price
you think hushpuppi didn't sweat Making the money, yahoo yahoo no easy o

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Elxandre(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
SAMBARRY:
smh

Accidentally rich people with the mindset of poverty will still become poor because they lack the principles to sustainable wealth that is why the likes of Abiola will become so rich and his family/children will become broke.he was rich,he wasn't sustainably wealthy.so there was no how he could maintain his wealth

Check out people who become unexpectedly rich and aren't givers.they eventually go back to square 1.its an inevitable principle of wealth.
Abiola became suddenly rich?
Well, his children are still rich till today though from what I've read.

His major problem was polygamy which ensured his children could never work together.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by lastchild: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
TAYO124:
Hush is no hero, he is simply a thief who defrauded thousands of people. If you were ever a victim of internet fraud then you will not side with Ramoni Igbalode.
to be able to defraud thousands of people alone makes him great

Do you know what it is to convince one person, let alone thousands including top personnels like football club
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by BLESSICA: 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
Heathrow44:
Is obvious if hushpuppi had lots of friends and helped a lot of people in his streets, he wouldn't have lasted long on this fraud business b4 being caught by EFCC or d interpol or FBI, for d fact that he lasted this long was cos of he had little entitled fellows around him so called "Friends".. There's this saying if u want to go on a journey go with friends but if u want t go far go alone" that's wat hush did! I like d fact that he didn't do anything for anybody in his street or anywhere, nothing u do 4 entitled fellows would ever be enough, just look at he gave someone N5,000 and somebody is talking nonsense that how can a billionaire give her just N5000, poor people are evil and desperately wicked, hushpuppi did d best thing by not staying in Nigeria, he wouldn't have also lasted long here cos Nigerians are wicked selfish people that would av back stabbed him long time ago, he would av lasted longer if he cut ties with Woodberry and worked alone, shown less on IG and kept a low profile , used cash only never use a credit card, walk don't use a car, travel very often don't stay in a country for more than 4 months, tell friends and people around u u re travelling for summer in Germany but travel to Vietnam, avkdi CCTV 's , don't go to the petrol stations, burn cell phones after use, don't stay near a home with active communication cable, if u av a software that crash internet connection use it to crash network where u stay so that that area u are would be showing "No connection". I believe Hushpuppi wanted to be caught and wanted to stop at some point but just couldn't otherwise I knw well enough that someone that can hack US employment website and IRS would know to avoid detection and stay off d grid! I believe he wanted to be caught!
Well written BUT if he actually wanted to be caught, why is he now hiring the services of an EXPENSIVE lawyer?
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by jornwhite: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
Heathrow44:
Is obvious if hushpuppi had lots of friends and helped a lot of people in his streets, he wouldn't have lasted long on this fraud business b4 being caught by EFCC or d interpol or FBI, for d fact that he lasted this long was cos of he had little entitled fellows around him so called "Friends".. There's this saying if u want to go on a journey go with friends but if u want t go far go alone" that's wat hush did! I like d fact that he didn't do anything for anybody in his street or anywhere, nothing u do 4 entitled fellows would ever be enough, just look at he gave someone N5,000 and somebody is talking nonsense that how can a billionaire give her just N5000, poor people are evil and desperately wicked, hushpuppi did d best thing by not staying in Nigeria, he wouldn't have also lasted long here cos Nigerians are wicked selfish people that would av back stabbed him long time ago, he would av lasted longer if he cut ties with Woodberry and worked alone, shown less on IG and kept a low profile , used cash only never use a credit card, walk don't use a car, travel very often don't stay in a country for more than 4 months, tell friends and people around u u re travelling for summer in Germany but travel to Vietnam, avkdi CCTV 's , don't go to the petrol stations, burn cell phones after use, don't stay near a home with active communication cable, if u av a software that crash internet connection use it to crash network where u stay so that that area u are would be showing "No connection". I believe Hushpuppi wanted to be caught and wanted to stop at some point but just couldn't otherwise I knw well enough that someone that can hack US employment website and IRS would know to avoid detection and stay off d grid! I believe he wanted to be caught!

Too much hollywood movies .... talk of crime and i will say its just a matter of time, trust me you are wiser than Evans not to talk of pablo escobar. one day monkey go just go the regular market n e no go return.
Hushpuppi knew a day like he was arrested wuld certainly come ... he had a retirement plan which makes you & the world believed he had no investment or tangible asset grin. abass is just going to jail to work for what he as already earn, 20yr sentence is relative to 10yrs ... with the kind of connection & stashed money @his disposal whats d probability he will complete the 10yrs. just bin realistic
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by King44(m): 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
frank417:
Entitled street. No one wants to know how he got the money. just SHARE IT.

I’m sure if he had given them all he got, no one from that street will still share the prison sentence with him.
when he is done with his jail term, we would see who would help him rise. The logic he should have used is raise as many as possible they would serve as helping hands for days like this but he was not wise. Had it been he did this and left them on their own to reach their peak, he wouldn't have to face reality.

When he is done with his jail term mony would waited to receive him but now, when he comes out that is when the mother of all realities would dawn on him. Who one help one rich and casted yahoo man not a yahoo boy then.

I don't support fraud but let's look at it, what options are available... So few even the few can only be tapped when there is help and grace.

Many have been defrauded even me but if the system was fair nobody or very few would even think of such.

The sure one is to be a political yahoo boy but that one if you don't know people and you are not radical, you won't be able to tap into it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Orji Police Station Attack In Owerri, Hoodlums Share Weapons (Video) / Taraba Man Whose Wife Cut Off His Manhood Cries Out / Man Dies After Sex With A Precious, Prostitute From Akwa Ibom (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.