Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars (116586 Views)

The Prison Where Hushpuppi Will Stay For 11 Years In The US / Chicago Prison Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held / 'One Million Boys' Storm Oworonshoki In Lagos. Youths Resist Them (Video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Bahamas95(m): 11:54am On Jul 19, 2020
"Fvck sh!t mehn"

Just 5k?.....Hushpuppi is a stingy motherfvcker.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by martowskin1(m): 11:54am On Jul 19, 2020
Dangrace01:

This is fact. I still tell people Nigerians are the wonderful people on Earth.

Nigerian government are the most luckiest and the most stupid. APC and Pdp inclusive. Nigerians can take anything you throw at them nobody protest.

All other countries of the world when people start spending 40% of their salary on food just know war is about to begin. In Nigeria how much is the average person spending on food.

2k can't cook food for me as a single guy. Imagine a man with family.

I don't blame people into fraud and I also respect that Nigerian that through thick and thin did not go into fraud but truth be told Nigeria government don't know what they are doing they are really pushing Nigerians to the wall.

It will blow up in their face very soon. Is just a matter of time. When it will happen their DSS and co can't save them

3 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by WakeNbaked: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2020
StagethemTVee:
As evident in this article, the problem Nigerians have with corruption and stealing is that the loot has not gotten to them? Many of Hushpuppi's neighbours have no issues with the source of his wealth, they are upset he was not generous with it.
Na wetin I learn for here be that oh, people wey dem dey accuse of blood money na those wey no dey give.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by CreekCommando: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2020
Hushpuppi is a USELESS Yoruba boy! And like typical Yoruba men who can't run a business, they will make noise and noise once 5 million Naira is in their account. Recall that there was a Yoruba boy working at the IT unit of the Covenant University, Otta; he started stealing from the University's coffers via online manipulation, to the extent that he purchased a Chopper that used to bring him to work every day from his home at Lekki area in Lagos. These people and noisy lifestyle are inseparable. I'm not even sure that Hushpuppi is married with kids or made any reasonable investment or bought property other than his stupid flaunting of Gucci items and cars. Idiot!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 19, 2020
Is obvious if hushpuppi had lots of friends and helped a lot of people in his streets, he wouldn't have lasted long on this fraud business b4 being caught by EFCC or d interpol or FBI, for d fact that he lasted this long was cos of he had little entitled fellows around him so called "Friends".. There's this saying if u want to go on a journey go with friends but if u want t go far go alone" that's wat hush did! I like d fact that he didn't do anything for anybody in his street or anywhere, nothing u do 4 entitled fellows would ever be enough, just look at he gave someone N5,000 and somebody is talking nonsense that how can a billionaire give her just N5000, poor people are evil and desperately wicked, hushpuppi did d best thing by not staying in Nigeria, he wouldn't have also lasted long here cos Nigerians are wicked selfish people that would av back stabbed him long time ago, he would av lasted longer if he cut ties with Woodberry and worked alone, shown less on IG and kept a low profile , used cash only never use a credit card, walk don't use a car, travel very often don't stay in a country for more than 4 months, tell friends and people around u u re travelling for summer in Germany but travel to Vietnam, avkdi CCTV 's , don't go to the petrol stations, burn cell phones after use, don't stay near a home with active communication cable, if u av a software that crash internet connection use it to crash network where u stay so that that area u are would be showing "No connection". I believe Hushpuppi wanted to be caught and wanted to stop at some point but just couldn't otherwise I knw well enough that someone that can hack US employment website and IRS would know to avoid detection and stay off d grid! I believe he wanted to be caught!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by lilmerhnuel(m): 11:58am On Jul 19, 2020
Shatta Bandle Music Video Out!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXJji2LzNuI
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by adubam(m): 11:58am On Jul 19, 2020
Coronavirus84:

No matter how local the car wash is, as at 2005, I was still watching cars struggling to go school then, car was never #100

I still dey wash my car for ₦300 for Abuja. That money big for boys eyes. So N100 at that time was feasible.

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by WakeNbaked: 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
madridsta007:

He started his investment and business LOOOOOONG before he ventured into fraud.
That is why many people who knew him were angry at what he did. There was no need to.
What do they mean by there was no mean to? How him wan take enter Forbes?
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by DeRay98(m): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
poshestmina:
So
Was that way he scammed people of their hard earned monies?

Is he the only kid out of a ghetto?

All this pity stories won't save him . undecided undecided undecided undecided

No mind them, they're sentimentalizing it as if that 'll bring relief and compensation to the over one million people she stole from.
He never had the sound mind hence he could 've done alot with the billions (just doesnt justify his crimes) before he caught.
He's a fool amongst fools
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Yoighaman(m): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
I thought people usually have sense or buy one after going through lots of deprivation in life but in Hush Puppy's case, he became confoundingly stupid, no legit source of income yet you show off so much, dumb-ass. That 20 years is not even enough to reset his brain and mind, I think the number of years should be extended. #saynotocrime#.

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by MJBOLT: 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
i remember a thread where the op said nigerians are not angry because a politician stole money or the amount stolen was too much,they are angry because they are not the ones stealing the money or the fact that the stolen money wont get to them.

This thread proves his point to be correct.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by BigTableShaker(f): 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hush is a Legend!

He got rich, instead of dying.

He made it big.

He will be the King in any Prison.

And when hes finished his terms,

He will still be a King.

I am proud of Hushpuppi.

Most basterrds will clap for wuhari and his basterd corhorts milking the country dry with looting and stealing but want Hush hanged for stealing from the Rich.
Magu is roaming free, madueke, sanusi, gandollar, bullionvan master, pdp, apc and all fuckers.

Y'all stupid hypocrites will die a horrible death.

6 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Fhowe: 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
Ladycewhy:
Trying so hard to humanise a scammer. Why not talk about the ordeal of the people he scammed? undecided.

The people he scammed are the real victims here, not a criminal puppy. Let's focus more on the lives of the people who he defrauded .
you are here complaining about the real victims ,only if you know the way the activities of most multinationals in this country victimize the average Nigerian daily

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by perdollar(m): 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
allen113:
sikiru na bad luck
I av spotted one Yahoo boy

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by PaulH07: 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
adonainana:
I would never condone fraud but i feel sorry for him,

Sometimes opportunity comes once in a life time,

Even a financial crime lawyer he didnt have by his side, all he did was steal money, flex, go back and steal more and flex and repeat like again and again .Surely one day, the victims will complain about their missing funds and the list will grow and a case will be built up against you.

Just like one of my friends who made it big here in London and wiped out 56 million naira ( 100,000 pounds ) from one company like that

I immediately advised him, omo go and buy hotel with this money, there are loads for sale in lagos at the moment, you can even buy 2 or 3.

The hotel will be bringing you passive income for the gloomy days, baba didnt listen to me ooo na Lexus RX300 2018 baba go buy.

Only time can tell tho

The craze Nigerians have for cars still baffles me beyond doubt meen. Infact my trying to buy a car is borne plainly out of peer pressure, I no actually even send motor sef walahi...

Maybe because my dad sold cars when he was alive.

I've always wanted to be like him- to BE rich, not to look it...

I go really appreciate if I go fit get connect of men wey sabi, make I top up my income, open solid bar for cool place for Lagos....na biz dey my mind meen, not even all these nonsense oloshos sef...

5 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Mart1994(m): 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s][/s]
MajorOvakporaye:
free Ray Hushpuppi!!!
[s][/s]

Shut up there.

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
In as much as wat hushpuppi did is wrong, I wish he gets out free or with a less sentence or even suspended sentence of like 4yrs in prison, I hope with his collaboration with FBI and returning back his loot to the american people, a judge would find it in his heart to temper justice with mercy and see him as a Ist offender,because people here in NL has done far worse, he didn't kill anybody but a kidnapper armed robbers and murderers here.in nairaland and politicians here that raped.citizen's future helplessly are.all.calling for.his head!

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by jrusky(m): 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
So pls what does this epistle of blabla teach us?

He was a car washer from slum and that is why he should ends up as internet armed robber bah?

He came from slum and fraudlently made money and could not use his head and remember his background bah

Pls enough of these talks Hush must be jail that is it.

4 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Nmezor(f): 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by hustla(m): 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
madridsta007:

I have never seen a yahoo boy who's invested his/ her proceeds from fraud into some sustainable business. Why is this so, dear Yahoo Boys?

LOL. All those car lots, clubs, hostels, 3 star hotels, laundry businesses, interior decor /designers, houses for rent in lekki, Who u think say dey get am?
Big front for Yahoo boys

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by seguno2: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
allen113:
sikiru na bad luck

Please grow up.
Thank me later
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Yinkagbo(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
nams77:

That same thing is what former ex governor of delta state, Uduaghan did. There was this old mama in his hood where he and his family goes to buy credit when hunger comes calling. He became governor and forgot about her. Really sad.

Unlike akala ex oyo state gov,when he hit it big ,he turned the buka shop inside lautech to mighty building outside lautech......
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by seguno2: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
Passionate888:
Afonjalamia

Who let the tribal dogs out??

1 Like

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by tot(f): 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
StagethemTVee:
As evident in this article, the problem Nigerians have with corruption and stealing is that the loot has not gotten to them? Many of Hushpuppi's neighbours have no issues with the source of his wealth, they are upset he was not generous with it.

You just said it all. What a culture!!

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by zedegit: 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
Realcash224:
Nobody saw a billionaire in Hushpuppi some 15 years ago when he roamed the dusty streets of Oworonshoki, Lagos, looking to wash cars for a paltry N100, and later returning to a food joint where he had beans and bread on credit.

In a philosophical reflection, using himself as a case study, he touched on how a child could feel rejected because of his poor background in his widely circulated 2017 “Letter to the Ghetto Kid”. It was about the same year Hushpuppi became a household name, as he had started using his social media page to flaunt his wealth.

With a sense of pride, Ramon Abass, whose dad drove a taxi and mum sold bread by the roadside in Oworonshoki, would say he represents “every underprivileged kid of the world and especially of Nigeria and of Lagos and of Bariga and of Oworonshoki — where a landlord had chased me and my family out of a rented room.”

Of course, now sounding like someone who has made it in life, he concluded by advising that “dejected kid” not to give up, just like he never did.
Entering stardom, Hushpuppi claimed to be into real estate but this had been trailed by skepticism, with many wondering how the 37-year-old had maintained a luxurious lifestyle for years — from acquiring the latest automobiles, including Rolls-Royce and Ferrari, to hiring private jets to take him holidaying across the best spots in the world.

It didn’t come much as a surprise in June when he was arrested in Dubai, where he was based, with 11 of his associates over email scams known in the Nigerian parlance as Yahoo-Yahoo.

In the special operation dubbed “Fox Hunt 2”, the Dubai police had tracked Hushpuppi for about four months, and upon his arrest, it was alleged that the crimes committed outside the UAE, included money laundering, cyber fraud, hacking, impersonation, banking fraud and identity theft worth Dh1.6 billion (an estimated N168 billion).

The police also revealed that 1,926,400 victims were targeted by the syndicate.

Subsequently extradited to the US for trial on money laundering, his lawyer, however, insisted that Hushpuppi “became rich through real estate.”

The real estate claim is what some residents of Ogunyomi street in Oworonshoki would dismiss.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/inside-lagos-slum-where-hushpuppi-bought-food-on-credit-washed-cars-for-survival/amp

In all this writeup, my take is that money is good and should be acquired to enjoy the good things of life but op if you want poverty carry am.

The only ill was committing crime for the wealth.

Get legal money and you will enjoy it well with peace of mind.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Mariopgomery(m): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
Heathrow44:
Is obvious if hushpuppi had lots of friends and helped a lot of people in his streets, he wouldn't have lasted long on this fraud business b4 being caught by EFCC or d interpol or FBI, for d fact that he lasted this long was cos of he had little entitled fellows around him so called "Friends".. There's this saying if u want to go on a journey go with friends but if u want t go far go alone" that's wat hush did! I like d fact that he didn't do anything for anybody in his street or anywhere, nothing u do 4 entitled fellows would ever be enough, just look at he gave someone N5,000 and somebody is talking nonsense that how can a billionaire give her just N5000, poor people are evil and desperately wicked, hushpuppi did d best thing by not staying in Nigeria, he wouldn't have also lasted long here cos Nigerians are wicked selfish people that would av back stabbed him long time ago, he would av lasted longer if he cut ties with Woodberry and worked alone, shown less on IG and kept a low profile

I think you got the saying upside down bro.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by SAMBARRY: 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
CreekCommando:
Hushpuppi is a USELESS Yoruba boy! And like typical Yoruba men who can't run a business, they will make noise and noise once 5 million Naira is in their account. Recall that there was a Yoruba boy working at the IT unit of the Covenant University, Otta; he started stealing from the University's coffers via online manipulation, to the extent that he purchased a Chopper that used to bring him to work every day from his home at Lekki area in Lagos. These people and noisy lifestyle are inseparable. I'm not even sure that Hushpuppi is married with kids or made any reasonable investment or bought property other than his stupid flaunting of Gucci items and cars. Idiot!
he's a semi illiterate+zero buisness sense+ lack of wisdom . this is not an ethnic issue.poverty and wealth is not a respecter of ethnicity.

He lacked vision/foresight

I'm not sure he's married or has kids

No buisness, investment or properties in nigeria

Didn't even take care of his people at home.

The Bible says a wise man builds his home

A wise man invests in people and properties

But everything Tomaso doloriburuku lon'nshey so it was just a matter of time for him to be broke again

Translation-everything that Will make him a poor man was the things he was doing

2 Likes

Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by seguno2: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
mkoabiola:
Hussh is coming back to nja

Yes.
To kirikiri maximum security prison.
Or where else does he deserve to come to
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by PaulH07: 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Asadujames202:
Do your time
Bounce back

Hush got loads of big- pocket goons
Who're ever ready to rally up for him
till he gets back on his feet

Don't even expect him to go from Chicago maximum to ajegunle ghetto
Cus you sure to be disappointed

It's sure to be from Chicago maximum to Penthouse in banana Island,
Not surprise
That's Kings code, oh yeah, that's how Kings roll

To coldblood haters
"You either make money or go home and sleep"
Restless sleep, though .

Bro make we relate for shydoki@gmail.com
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by Shattuck(m): 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
allen113:
sikiru na bad luck
lol so that's your only take away from the long epistle.
Re: Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars by PaulH07: 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
Heavensent01:

97% of wealthy man in Nigeria and if not the world made their wealth by extortion, govt resources swindling and other avenue. this doesn't mean crime is the best but nobody is a saint

hushpuppi no just use brain well

Bro make we relate for shydoki@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Orji Police Station Attack In Owerri, Hoodlums Share Weapons (Video) / Taraba Man Whose Wife Cut Off His Manhood Cries Out / Man Dies After Sex With A Precious, Prostitute From Akwa Ibom (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.