Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,085 members, 7,852,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? (41603 Views)

Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by emmnprince(m): 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
Janosky:

Please go and confirm if 1 Corinthians 7:39, Nehemiah 13:25-27, 2 Corinthians 6:14 and 1st John 5:3 is in your own Bible grin

Nehemiah 13:25-27 is speaking to Jews under the Old Covenant and does not apply to Christians in practice but the principle is not far-fetched from the law of Christ.

2 Corinthians 6:14 informed Christians not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers . . .

1 John 5:3 tells us that Christians demonstrate their love of God when they keep His commandments which are not a burden to keep.

1 Corinthians 7:39 A wife is bound as long as her husband lives; but if her husband is dead, she is free to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

". . . only in the Lord" means what?

From Jehovah Witness's doctrine, a Jehovah Witness widow is free to marry again but she must marry a Jehovah Witness man. Right?

If she get married to a man who is a member of the Redeemed Christian Church of God or a member of the Church of Christ, has she violated that commandment of "only in the Lord?"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by chatinent: 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
Personally, I don't argue. I discuss. I'll respond when I see sb that's open-minded.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
rottennaija:

I have not religious affiliation.

That's better. Cos Pentecostals are worse when it comes to believing anything, whether scriptural or unscriptural as far as papa says so.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
Myer:

That's absurd.
I know JW are extreme but a non-violent group.
I'll get more information to know what his meaning is.

Well it's time you know the one and only TRUE Christian Organization instead of mixing all the groups together simply because they're calling themselves "Christians".

For your information, Jesus was accused and charged for being an extremist {Luke 20:22, 22:3} that's why Pilate was confused because he reasoned that if what the Pharisees and Saddusees are saying about Jesus is true definitely his followers would start fighting or rioting over his arrest as the King of the Jews! John 18:33-37

Paul was accused of being an extremist! Act 24:5

Of course Christianity doesn't tolerate interfaith {John 3:16-19} according to Jesus all the religionsists in Israel must abandon their former beliefs and follow him, which makes most Israelites hate Jesus and his followers.
So if you find true followers of Christ, they must maintain the stringency yet they will never carry weapons to settle matters, rather they'll shun whoever is not ready to continue living by the rules after taking an oath to do so.
Note that JWs will not shun you if you've not been with them, they respect your wishes though they have contrary views, but after you've learnt about their tenets and vowed to live by it, if you dare turn your back then they'll shun you! smiley
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by DappaD: 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
broswilli:

The Jehovahs Witnesses started out as a Bible Students Organization. Their leader was Charles Taze Russell, who sincerely studied the Bible with others with an open mind.

After his death a man named Rutherford seized control of this organization and there was a split. He renamed it Jehovahs Witnesses and named himself generalissimo. From there he made sure he had complete control.

This organisations from then on continued to spit out false prophesies. During the time of the first president if there is a mistake a sincere apology would be made but today, they blame false prophesies on the followers. Sometimes they say the followers did not understand them.

These false prophesies made them have a significant drop in 1975. Now many persons are tired of the tight monitoring of members, many man made rules that are made to control members, Sale of kingdom halls paid by congregations were sold out and anyone who questioned was thrown out.

Shunning was also a law they made that made many persons to leave the organization. Many persons are leaving the organization in America and Canada because of the things.

I am studying the Bible with this group https://beroeans.net/ they are into debunking falsehood and still upholding Bible truth. Meanwhile the original Bible students formed by Russell still exist. They are against war and other vile things.

Many persons that left the organization are now atheist but many are still Christians shunning war and othe vices. You can learn more from the website I provided above. I started attending a regular church. I don't believe everything they teach but I attend for fellowship.

Okay so oga broswilli wants to lecture us on the history of JW's abi? cheesy
Continue eyah grin

1. broswilli: I am studying the Bible with this group https://beroeans.net/ they are into debunking falsehood and still upholding Bible truth.

2. broswilli: I started attending a regular church. I don't believe everything they teach but I attend for fellowship.

Oga broswilli, you see your life abi? grin
You claim your so-called fellowship are teaching the truth but you can't believe in everything they say because they don't sound right and you feel the truth is relative abi?

If you're attending a fellowship that teaches the truth, how come you're not following Bible instruction that all Christians should have the same line of thought?
1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2
undecided
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
@Myer

Check the pictures below, take note of how Russian intelligence stormed the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses to arrest the most peaceful group just because they shun military service!
Though there were other religions also facing the same persecution but since JWs are the main preachers and teachers that's disarming their people from enrolling as soldiers, they pay more attention to JWs.
Now the Russian authority is lenient when someone is arrested as a thief than as one of Jehovah's Witnesses!
As an ex soldier, i'm more convinced than ever that this group is the one Jesus was talking about when he said "they will reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked things against you for my sake. But rejoice and be overjoyed when they're doing all these to you because your reward is great in heaven for that's the same way they persecuted the prophets before you" Matthew 5:11-12

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by ImaIma1(f): 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
dazzlingd:
They are the best set of Christians and among several thousands of beliefs, theirs is the only correct version

Their beliefs, their doctrine or the Bible? Which is it? Doctrine/belief is different from what the Bible teaches.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
ImaIma1:

Their beliefs, their doctrine or the Bible? Which is it? Doctrine/belief is different from what the Bible teaches.

Just say what you know as Christianity is the one that's common, because Jesus said "my followers are no part of the world" John 17:14
So don't expect Jesus' true followers to practice their faith in line with what is COMMON to everyone! smiley
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by ImaIma1(f): 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kemistri4:

Obviously u don't know what you're saying. Witness believe Jesus is the Messiah or Christ that God sent to save mankind.

They just don't believe that Jesus and God are equal. Get your facts right...

And also do not believe in the Holy spirit right?
If their basis is the Bible, that should not be.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Janosky: 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
emmnprince:

Nehemiah 13:25-27 is speaking to Jews under the Old Covenant and does not apply to Christians in practice but the principle is not far-fetched from the law of Christ.

2 Corinthians 6:14 informed Christians not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers . . .

1 John 5:3 tells us that Christians demonstrate their love of God when they keep His commandments which are not a burden to keep.

1 Corinthians 7:39 A wife is bound as long as her husband lives; but if her husband is dead, she is free to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

". . . only in the Lord" means what?

From Jehovah Witness's doctrine, a Jehovah Witness widow is free to marry again but she must marry a Jehovah Witness man. Right?

If she get married to a man who is a member of the Redeemed Christian Church of God or a member of the Church of Christ, has she violated that commandment of "only in the Lord?"

if she is married to a triune pagan IDOLS WORSHIPPER, has she violated that command of 1 Corinthians 7:39?
grin

Yes

John20:17 and John 4:24, the God of Jesus Christ is not triune spirits.

The principle of Nehemiah 13:25-27 is embedded in 1 Corinthians 7:39 and 2 Corinthians 6:14 , it is still relevant.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by rottennaija(m): 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
TruthHurts100:

I don't understand what you've said. Please be more explicit.

If I get you right, the mother rejected her calls right? How would she know the gravity of her wrongdoing if the family continue to related with her as they used to. The child must feel the pain. So next time she won't fall into the same sin.
Be sure that the parents will never hate their own child but that punishment is necessary.

We are still saying the same thing. JWs shun people who no longer want to be their member. The son wrote a letter quitting the religion and his mother and father shunned him. What sin did he commit? Quitting the religion is a sin?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by TruthHurts100: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2020
achorladey:

TruthHurts: when it comes to spiritual routines.........He will do it on his own until he has fully repented of his or her wrongdoing

Achorladey: That is the SHEEP will TREAT HIMSELF personally

TruthHurts: How would she know the gravity of her wrongdoing if the family continue to related with her as they used to?

Achorladey: Who can really gauge the GRAVITY of the sickness, ill health or INJURY between the SHEEP and the one working as a SHEPHERD?

TruthHurts: A wise shepherd will remove the sick one and treat the disease in an isolated place and when that sheep is healthy again

Achorladey: but up there the SPIRITUAL ROUTINE will be done by the SHEEP on his OWN

TruthHurts: The child must feel the pain. So next time she won't fall into the same sin.

Achorladey: How does this apply to a DISASSOCIATED person? Since he decided to LEAVE not as a result of SIN? and should see him as an enemy how do you treat an ENEMY?

If you are not a doctor and your child is sick, do you treat the child yourself?

James 5: 14 & 15
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

The final part of verse 15 shows that the sickness Apostle Paul was talking about here is not physical but spiritual sickness. So, the elders of the church are in the position to treat this sick person. For him or her not to contaminate the spirituality of his or her family, the family avoid the person as much as possible, till the person is well again. Mind you the family must still provide the basic necessities of life to this person.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by rottennaija(m): 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2020
Lukuluku69:

I testify that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and I testify that Muhammad is His Messenger.

That said, please respond to what he posted and let see if he truly saw thru the Lies and warped Doctrines your Organisation(sic) have been peddling all this while because that is the "Light" I meant.

Don't mind him. He was trying to muddied the water and you caught him red-handed. He knew what you meant but he prefers to ignore the context.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by TruthHurts100: 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
rottennaija:

We are still saying the same thing. JWs shun people who no longer want to be their member. The son wrote a letter quitting the religion and his mother and father shunned him. What sin did he commit? Quitting the religion is a sin?

Listen to the words of Jesus Christ here and get understanding.

Mathew 10: 34 - 37

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Parents are responsible to teach their children the way of the Christ, if they want to follow another path, it's wise not to love that child more than you love God.

Remember the prodigal son, did the father stopped him for leaving? Did he go in search of him?

When the boy came back to his senses, he returned home and his father received him warmly.

You think Christianity is beans abi?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by DappaD: 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
rottennaija:

Don't mind him. He was trying to muddied the water and you caught him red-handed. He knew what you meant but he prefers to ignore the context.

Muslim and Non-affiliated atheist having the same LINE of thought! grin grin

A rare sight! Truly marvelous!

Always brings to mind Jesus' words at Matthew 7:13,14 shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by broswilli: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
DappaD:

Okay so oga broswilli wants to lecture us on the history of JW's abi? cheesy
Continue eyah grin

1. broswilli: I am studying the Bible with this group https://beroeans.net/ they are into debunking falsehood and still upholding Bible truth.

2. broswilli: I started attending a regular church. I don't believe everything they teach but I attend for fellowship.

Oga broswilli, you see your life abi? grin
You claim your so-called fellowship are teaching the truth but you can't believe in everything they say because they don't sound right and you feel the truth is relative abi?

If you're attending a fellowship that teaches the truth, how come you're not following Bible instruction that all Christians should have the same line of thought?
1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2
undecided

For the sake of Muslim converts I will stop here. The kingdom of God will come out like a woman that gives birth suddenly. So let the faith of people converted by JW grow when the time comes they will switch to be true followers of christ not of men. Men will deceive many and say christ has come and he is in the desert just as this organization is teaching that he is invisibly present. When christ comes all eyes will see him and his sheep will hear his voice. The leadership of Jehovahs Witnesses is a false prophet. I rest my case.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by DappaD: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
TruthHurts100:

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Now that you've quoted this for him, watch him come at another angle spewing hogwash.

These people feel Christianity should be a secondary thing in people's lives — as in people can worship God only when it suits them. No wonder they'll call Jehovah's Witnesses extremists because we're following God's standards in the Bible strictly

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by emmnprince(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
Janosky:

You mean if she is married to a triune pagan IDOLS WORSHIPPER, has she violated that command of 1 Corinthians 7:39?
grin
Revelations 3:5,12, John20:17 and John 4:24, is the God of Jesus Christ triune spirits?

Why claim that Nehemiah 13:25-27 is old covenant yet you cherry pick Malachi 3:8-11?

Bros, you no dey pay tithes?

You're dodging the simple question I asked.

For your information all the commandments and practices under the Old Covenant are not binding on Christians today. I don't pay tithe. That commandment is not for me to keep. It is not in force today, just as it was not in force during the time of the early Christians.

Christians are under the Law of Christ. I don't keep the commandments under that Old Covenant like tithe paying, observance of Sabbath day, etc, including the ceremonial laws. I keep the commandments under the New Covenant made possible by Christ.

Malachi 3:8-11 was for the Jews, not Christians.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by DappaD: 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
broswilli:

Online. No fellowship yet in Nigeria. Please just to let you know. I am not speaking against people like you. I am saying that your leadership are false prophets. I have studied their precedents, I have the elders book, I will soo get their secret book for lawyers. I have some of the documents. I did my research very well. I am speaking as an authority on the subject. If you continue with me it means you want me to expose the false hood of your lying organization.
I repeat the leadership of the JW is a false prophet from Beth Sarim to overlapping generations.

Yet you keep going round and round in circles? Have you come up with anything new yet? I can see you've been regurgitating the same words since you came to this thread!

All the false info you've gotten about JW's are from none other than people that left the faith — either due to apostasy or other serious wrongdoing. There's nothing those evil people will say that will be for the benefit of anybody! They prefer hiding under the notion of ‘ex-jw free from brainwash’ because they want to feel good about themselves after they've refused to adhere to the Bible's standards.
So please try and explore new anti/ex jw sites that continue spreading lies about Jehovah's Witnesses and yes, continue believing them since you are blinded and refused to have sense — 2Corinthians 4:4 kiss

DISCLAIMER: You must understand sarcasm to understand the post up there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by achorladey: 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
TruthHurts100:

If you are not a doctor and your child is sick, do you treat the child yourself?

James 5: 14 & 15
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

The final part of verse 15 shows that the sickness Apostle Paul was talking about here is not physical but spiritual sickness. So, the elders of the church are in the position to treat this sick person. For him or her not to contaminate the spirituality of his or her family, the family avoid the person as much as possible, till the person is well again. Mind you the family must still provide the basic necessities of life to this person.

I simply don't understand what this address in my post.

The final part of verse 15 shows that the sickness Apostle Paul was talking about here is not physical but spiritual sickness

But this part made me LAUGH considering what the GB did to their COMMENTARY of JAMES grin grin grin.

TruthHurts: So, the elders of the church are in the position to treat this sick person. For him or her not to contaminate the spirituality of his or her family, the family avoid the person as much as possible, till the person is well again. Mind you the family must still provide the basic necessities of life to this person.

TruthHurts: when it comes to spiritual routines.........He will do it on his own until he has fully repented of his or her wrongdoing

Achorladey: That is the SHEEP will TREAT HIMSELF personally.

What is the essence of your first question above?

A mother who is not a COOK or DOCTOR can COOK, give his/her child medications despite not being a DOCTOR e.t.c

At least you are familiar with.....

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
ImaIma1:

And also do not believe in the Holy spirit right?
If their basis is the Bible, that should not be.

Certainly you don't know what you're saying!

It's like saying someone doesn't believe in cleaning yet his clothe is ever clean!
How does that sound to you?

Do you know the fruit of God's holy spirit?

For your information, a tree could have many [GIFTS but no fine FRUIT

GIFTS~ Big, Shady, Good looking, Undisturbing root, herbal leaves, Fine fragrance and so on. Surely you will fine thousands of trees like that in the forest.

FRUIT~ this is just one unique product that you can't find anywhere else if not that same particular tree!

So the GIFTS you should expect when spirits are involved in any form of worship are
Signs, Wonders, Songs, Prophecies, Speaking in tongues, Knowledge and sacred service.

But the FRUIT you should expect from God's holy spirit is just one having all these Qualities~ LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL

Apostle Paul made it clear that these GIFTS will later seize amongst true followers of Christ {1Corinthians 13:8-10} whereas the FRUIT Jesus spoke about will continue to be evident amongst true Christians! Galatians 5:22-23

So check again now if Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in the spirit bearing that FRUIT {James 2:18-26} then present a better group that's producing that FRUIT! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by achorladey: 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Parents are responsible to teach their children the way of the Christ, if they want to follow another path, it's wise not to love that child more than you love God.

Remember the prodigal son, did the father stopped him for leaving? Did he go in search of him?

When the boy came back to his senses, he returned home and his father received him warmly.

The quesion before you....... Is QUITTING the RELIGION of JWs a SIN?

Leave you think CHRISTIANITY is beans? ABI JWs ORG equates CHRISTIANITY?

What in the life is BEANS except BEANS itself grin grin grin. Even Kidney wey get shape like BEANS no be BEANS grin grin grin grin.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Janosky: 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2020
emmnprince:

You're dodging the simple question I asked.

For your information all the commandments and practices under the Old Covenant are not binding on Christians today. I don't pay tithe. That commandment is not for me to keep. It is not in force today, just as it was not in force during the time of the early Christians.

Christians are under the Law of Christ. I don't keep the commandments under that Old Covenant like tithe paying, observance of Sabbath day, etc, including the ceremonial laws. I keep the commandments under the New Covenant made possible by Christ.

Malachi 3:8-11 was for the Jews, not Christians.
Bros, I'm not dodging your question.
Jesus Christ did not teach Trinity, John 17:3 and John 20:17, if the said widow married either from those Churches you mentioned, she is not marrying in the Lord.

Triune pagan IDOL WORSHIPPERS are not servants of the God of Jesus Christ. Acts 3:13. 1Corinthians 3:23

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by achorladey: 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2020
DappaD:

Now that you've quoted this for him, watch him come at another angle spewing hogwash.

These people feel Christianity should be a secondary thing in people's lives — as in people can worship God only when it suits them. No wonder they'll call Jehovah's Witnesses extremists because we're following God's standards in the Bible strictly

Everything they speak is HOGWASH but you don't speak HOGWASH.

When some of those you call CHURCHGOERS everyday, silently or using the loudspeakers at night while you(DappaD) SLEEP they are worshipping God when it suits THEM grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2020
broswilli:

For the sake of Muslim converts I will stop here. The kingdom of God will come out like a woman that gives birth suddenly. So let the faith of people converted by JW grow when the time comes they will switch to be true followers of christ not of men. Men will deceive many and say christ has come and he is in the desert just as this organization is teaching that he is invisibly present. When christ comes all eyes will see him and his sheep will hear his voice. The leadership of Jehovahs Witnesses is a false prophet. I rest my case.

It's OK at least you are unable to present a better performing group that's making wars to seize to the extremity of the earth as JWs are doing to people from all nations, but able to join others in speaking against the one and only organization that's been going about making people like me to surrender their weapons without the use of force, weapons or records of casualties.
That's noted! smiley
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by DappaD: 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
broswilli:

Sheybi no be when Great Tribulation come we go know who be real or who be fake? OK! Till then nah grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by achorladey: 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
broswilli:

You for quote.... Matthew 24:5...... For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am ANOINTED; and shall deceive many.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
DappaD:

Sheybi no be when Great Tribulation come we go know who be real or who be fake? OK! Till then nah grin grin

Persons like him will surely join ATHEISM by then to attack Jehovah's Witnesses, because it's evident in his post that he hates Jesus with passion! embarassed

He doesn't know the import of that name, all he feels is like singing and dancing in Jesus name when himself and his cohorts can't point to any single thing they're able to do in support of the Peacemaking program commissioned by the Prince of Peace! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by TruthHurts100: 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
achorladey:

The quesion before you....... Is QUITTING the RELIGION of JWs a SIN?

Leave you think CHRISTIANITY is beans? ABI JWs ORG equates CHRISTIANITY?

What in the life is BEANS except BEANS itself grin grin grin. Even Kidney wey get shape like BEANS no be BEANS grin grin grin grin.

What is SIN?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by ImaIma1(f): 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
Maximus69:

Certainly you don't know what you're saying!

It's like saying someone doesn't believe in cleaning yet his clothe is ever clean!
How does that sound to you?

Do you know the fruit of God's holy spirit?

For your information, a tree could have many [GIFTS but no fine FRUIT

GIFTS~ Big, Shady, Good looking, Undisturbing root, herbal leaves, Fine fragrance and so on. Surely you will fine thousands of trees like that in the forest.

FRUIT~ this is just one unique product that you can't find anywhere else if not that same particular tree!

So the GIFTS you should expect when spirits are involved in any form of worship are
Signs, Wonders, Songs, Prophecies, Speaking in tongues, Knowledge and sacred service.

But the FRUIT you should expect from God's holy spirit is just one having all these Qualities~ LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL

Apostle Paul made it clear that these GIFTS will later seize amongst true followers of Christ {1Corinthians 13:8-10} whereas the FRUIT Jesus spoke about will continue to be evident amongst true Christians! Galatians 5:22-23

So check again now if Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in the spirit bearing that FRUIT {James 2:18-26} then present a better group that's producing that FRUIT! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley

This looks like a reference page or template for "arguments about not believing in the Holy Spirit" because I am reading it like I am reading Psalm 23...something I have seen over and over and almost crammed. It seems it's from the same lesson notes of all JWs.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? by achorladey: 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
TruthHurts100:

What is SIN?

In simple terms I understand it to be consequence of DISOBEDIENCE?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply)

Ebimina Tamuno: I Gave Up On Yahoo Yahoo After Pastor Ibiyeomie’s Curses / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex / Pastor Enenche Leads Prayer Walk For Nigeria In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.