Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:42 AM

Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence (6051 Views)

Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation / Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 / Jonathan At Emir Of Daura's Palace As He Visits Buhari's State, Katsina (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by jostincity: 9:27am On Feb 16, 2011
Jos monarch relocates from palace as 12 die in violence
Wednesday, 16 February 2011 00:00 From Isa Abdulsalami, Jos News - National
E-mail Print
User Rating: / 1
PoorBest
Gbon-Gwom

IT was a meal he loved dearly but did not live to prepare and savour its rich taste yesterday. When he left his house in Jos metropolis for shopping in a nearby market, the victim, a policeman, never knew that it would be his last outing.

And yesterday, this Anti-Bomb Squad Mobile policeman deployed in Jos, Plateau State for peacekeeping was killed, and sadly by a butcher that he bought beef from.

Although police authorities in the state refused to give his identity, it was a sad end for the officer and 12 others, who were killed yesterday in the latest violence in the crisis-ridden state.

According to witnesses, the policeman approached the butcher near the burnt Abuja Market at the Terminus Area to buy beef. The bargaining was reportedly smooth, yet the butcher killed the security operative by ripping off his stomach with a knife.

The Guardian learnt that an agreement was reached by the duo but while the policeman was waiting to take possession of the beef and pay the seller, the butcher acted otherwise: Instead of cutting the beef into smaller sizes, the butcher with the sharp knife went for the bowel of the bomb expert, and within a twinkle of an eye, ripped it open with the intestines gushing out. He watched the policemen as he gasped for breath, slumped and died on the spot.

“As this happened, there was confusion and youths who watched the scenario played out took to violence. The ensuing confusion led to both traders and residents fleeing into different directions. Before you know it, four people were found lying on the ground dead. At Ahmadu Bello Way, a commercial motorcyclist (okada rider in local parlance) was hacked to death, and his motorcycle set ablaze. That was not all. His killers threw him into the fire,” a resident, who claimed to be at the scene, said.

At the Evangel Hospital, Jos, some hoodlums mounted a roadblock where three residents riding motorcycles and probably caught in-between the scene, were killed, another resident said. There were also claims that four people were killed at Gada-Biu and burnt.

As the metropolis boiled, the Gbong Gwon Jos, Da Jacob Gyang Buba, was quickly moved out of his palace to his Du residence. The monarch’s palace is close to the Central Mosque, the scene of the violence and where Muslims in the area were observing Maulud Nabbiy (Prophet Mohammed’s birthday) with Quranic recitation.

The situation was hijacked by hoodlums who burnt tyres, vehicles and motorcycles in the area.

Before the outbreak of the violence, the usual parade by the Quranic students to mark the Maulud Nabbiy was not observed at the popular Rwang Pam Township Stadium.

The Muslims who confined themselves to the Central Mosque however rushed out as sporadic shootings by the security operatives rent the air: “It was to avoid problems that we did not march to our usual venue which is the stadium,” one of the students said.

It took the intervention of the Commander, Special Task Force (STF), Brig.-Gen. Hassan Umaru, to persuade them to return to their mosque.

The spokesman of the STF, Captain Charles Ekeocha, said he could not comment on the issue because he was too busy.

When contacted, the state Police Commissioner, Mr. Abdulrahman Akano, confirmed that “one Anti-Bomb Squad Mobile Policeman was stabbed to death by some area boys.”

Akano said the police had already arrested four of the hoodlums found with a chemical substance called solution, which hoodlums in the North sniff. He said they had not started interrogating them, adding that “as far as I am concerned, it is the death of my man that I am aware of.” Akano further said he was not in the picture of what happened in other places that the crisis had spread to.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38768:jos-monarch-relocates-from-palace-as-12-die-in-violence&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by hugooh42(m): 2:32pm On Feb 16, 2011
When will these senseless carnage stop for heaven sakes?
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by Tokotaya: 2:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
Are our security operatives so daft and powerless over these hoodlums killing everybody? I think the state deserves declaration of a state of emergency.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by Carlosein(m): 2:48pm On Feb 16, 2011
When will this stop. i have a friend on a three day working tour right now. God help him.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by chikeobi(m): 2:48pm On Feb 16, 2011
Middle belt will soon be middle east. We are watching.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by VERYANGRY(m): 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2011
hugooh42:

When will these senseless carnage stop for heaven sakes?

Only when theres nomore nigeria as one country!
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by Awhotu(m): 2:50pm On Feb 16, 2011
Jos again. hmnnn,
nawa o
is there no remedy to dis crisis
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by Carlosein(m): 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2011
Tokotaya:

Are our security operatives so daft and powerless over these hoodlums killing everybody? I think the state deserves declaration of a state of emergency.

every life is precious, don't advocate for extra judicial killings even by security personel.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by T9ksy(m): 2:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
. . . . .and what's GEJ's response to all the killings presently going on under his watch?
This man is turning out to be worse than all the useless mo.rons we 've had in the past.
Unfortunately, I can see anyone better from the list of nimcoompops parading as presidential candidates in the coming election.
Gosh! I weep for my dear country.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by oludashmi(f): 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2011
Thought they said they have signed an agreement never to fight again
And within few days, 12 pple are gone again
Useless pple
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by squino(m): 3:08pm On Feb 16, 2011
poverty, senselessness, ignorance, foolishness. Africa wake up
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by EzeUche2(m): 3:09pm On Feb 16, 2011
When people say the violence will end "when there is no more Nigeria." Where do you think the people of the Middle Belt will go. Many of their state states are in the North. If Nigeria does split, cities like Kaduna will go to the North.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by Tokotaya: 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2011
Carlosein:

every life is precious, don't advocate for extra judicial killings even by security personel.

In my book, the life of anyone seeking to kill another man is not precious. I'd say, if anyone brings out a knife to kill anyone, shoot him please. Recall that a corper acting as INEC registration official was killed by this same hoodlums in this same Jos. Newspapers said they wanted the cops to hand the chap over to be slaughtered, the cops refused. They overpowered the security and killed the poor boy. Why were they armed? So because they wanted to avoid extra judicial killing now, they should allow hoodlums kill innocent, defenceless people? Why are security officials armed all over the world? I'm sorry, if this offends you, but anyone who is intent on killing a fellow human being should be shot dead.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by hackney(m): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
VERY ANGRY:

Only when theres nomore nigeria as one country!

I dont think so because if you happen to be in a state that becomes part of another country, the brutality will be worse
because you are not just in another state.
Subsequently the retaliation will be so hard and wide-spread that it is more likely to lead to war.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by Pennywise(m): 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
This Brig Hassan has shown bias and ineptitude in handling the Jos conflict. He should be kicked out with assignment given to another northern officer.

His inefficiency will push this country into a bigger conflict with huge loss of lives
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by metrixauto: 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
does it means Jonathan cannot do anything about this jos issue or he is just playing politics with peoples life all in the name of remaining in the Aso Villa come May 29th
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by gee2(m): 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2011
i wann believe there is a demon behind this jos trouble that starts immediately a stop is put to it

Nigerians had better start praying hard or we might be talking something else in some few months
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by roots: 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2011
Tokotaya:

In my book, the life of anyone seeking to kill another man is not precious. I'd say, if anyone brings out a knife to kill anyone, shoot him please. Recall that a corper acting as INEC registration official was killed by this same hoodlums in this same Jos. Newspapers said they wanted the cops to hand the chap over to be slaughtered, the cops refused. They overpowered the security and killed the poor boy. Why were they armed? So because they wanted to avoid extra judicial killing now, they should allow hoodlums kill innocent, defenceless people? Why are security officials armed all over the world? I'm sorry, if this offends you, but anyone who is intent on killing a fellow human being should be shot dead.

Inertially the person was thought to be a corper but It was declared by the state co-ordinate that no corper was killed. The person killed was also learnt that he was a student from one of the institution.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by tyson55(m): 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2011
Na wao oo! This jos mayhem don pass becareful. But i think something must be done and fast, else the whole state may soon engulf in a bloody genocide
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
Those animals are @ loose again. Stu.pid aboki.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by aljharem11(m): 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2011
EzeUche_:

When people say the violence will end "when there is no more Nigeria." Where do you think the people of the Middle Belt will go. Many of their state states are in the North. If Nigeria does split, cities like Kaduna will go to the North.

and do you want it to go to south grin grin
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by ShangoThor(m): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2011
I predict, if GEJ wins the elections things will get worse as disgruntled Northern elements will exact revenge on any community that they can. Even OBJ has insinuated that the violence is being instigated by Northern leaders.

Please save or bookmark this thread, and be prepared.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by assme: 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2011
Beware of beef, suya or anything that the Aboki sells with knife or you might just get cut open or better still, keep a distance from the Aboki mallam in d mrkt.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by Tokotaya: 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2011
roots:

Inertially the person was thought to be a corper but It was declared by the state co-ordinate that no corper was killed. The person killed was also learnt that he was a student from one of the institution.

I hear u. Even if the poor boy wasn't a corper, he deserved to be protected from the blood mongers who wanted to kill him. The security officials should have held their ground, and if the crowd persisted, should have opened fire on them all. Blast the blood-sucking demons away! It would have been justifiable force.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by samcc30(m): 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2011
the whole country fighting for there beter future, only what u will hear from nigeria news 12 Killed In Fresh Jos Crisis or 30 Killed In Fresh Jos Crisis
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by Ultrame(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2011
This is insane. Really it is! A normal person cannot go to the market to buy meat again.

I'd like to know what happened to the meat seller. I hope his balls gets ripped off and fed to him through his nostrils.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by Tokotaya: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2011
But our armed forces only know how to cock guns at prostesting students and human rights activists and shoot pregnant women. They will beat a hapless girl to stupor and strip her naked for blocking their oga in traffic, but will be found wanting when there is need for real action. So chicken, so unprofessional, so untrained. So stupid. They should change all the heads. I dey vex.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2011
mark my words, Nigeria will break up within the next 50yrs,
the sooner, the better
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 16, 2011
The end to the crisis will come, but until their bloodthirstiness is quenched.

Based on the news, its obvious that both sides are prepared for a large scale war which until its fought and won before both sides will learn to respect each other and live in peace again.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by johnjoel(m): 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2011
pls god help nigerians
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by skydeexie(m): 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
It is only when the truth is told that this carnage will cease.
The whole world is afraid of telling the muslims the home truth - Islam is NOT a religion of peace -
it means submission and war for the sake of allah. Peace is when islam is in total control. For a start check the emblem or symbol of islam. Do you think the cross swords are their for slaughtering chickens?

Plateau State and indeed Nigeria is under the spectre of Islamic Jihad. What is happening on the Plateau and other northern states is a well organised and co-ordinated plan of entrenching islam nay sharia law.
Islamic terrorists have been let loosed on the Plateau. The State is being used as a lunching or testing pad
for the greater jihad agenda. The so-called Plateau leaders are clueless about all this, while the only thing that unites divides them is their cut throught politics of hate and evil machinations.

The whole world is yawning while Islam is relentlessly advancing by stealth Jihad or open warfare.
That is the sure legacy their prophet left behind for them and it's being followed and executed to the letter!
Wake up people and shine your eyes! Direct your searchlight on Europe and the Americas, they will tell you better what they are up and against with the onslaught of islam in their countries.

Should the Monarch relocates as its being reported here, this will amount to a major victory to the islamic jihadists. Like the devil, 'give them an inch and they take a mile'. Nigeria's future as one indivisible country where all are free to practice their faith and live wherever they desire is unquestionably in serious doubt.
Indeed we are all living a lie as a country.
Re: Jos Monarch Relocates From Palace As 12 Die In Violence by udezue(m): 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2011
EzeUche_:

Guy look at your map one more time. Hausa and Fulani people might be found living in all Northern states but they are not natives of states like Plateau, Southern Kaduna and Nasawara hence they cannot be forced to go with the core north since native hausa-fulani land does not surround them like Ijaw-Edo land surrounds the Isekiri in the South.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pdp Appears To Be Popular In The South West ? / Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc / INEC Extends PVC Collection In Plateau But Not Across Nigeria For Million PVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.