Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Protest Begins In Libya - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protest Begins In Libya (7613 Views)

Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS / French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. / Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Begins In Libya by fstranger3(m): 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2011
aisha2:

But G. O Pastor Adeboye said protests do not work. Imagine this statement, this is the dumbest statement in the world
"PRAYERS CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS. PROTESTING OUTSIDE THE GOVT HOUSE, HOW MUCH HAS IT ACHIEVED? YOU GO THERE, YOU CARRY PLACARDS[SMILES] AND IF YOU ARE FORTUNATE, YOU RETURN HOME ALIVE, IF YOU ARE NOT FORTUNATE, SOME OVERZEALOUS POLICE OFFICERS MIGHT ACCIDENTALLY DISCHARGE SOME BULLETS ON YOU, AND AFTER, YOU CAN PROTEST A DAY AFTER, AND AFTER SOMETIME, YOU GET TIRED" DADDY G.O/ADEBOYE CNN INTERVIEW

I like you a lot. You must be really hot in really life.

Are you Hausa? I like Hausa chics

PS: On a more serious note, this is the best post ever, Adeboye is just a thief. Crazy mofo. I hope he gets what is coming to him.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2011
delegiwa:

I can't believe that a post on Libya is degenerating into our usual religious bantering. What has Gadhaffi's Libya got to do with Nigerian biko? With the way we are discussing this matter, let me ask you Aisha2, how do u think we can ever come out and stand together against an oppresive govt talkless of demonstrating against the said government. As a mod, my thinking is that you should've have handled that your post more maturedly knowing our [b]different religious background a[/b]nd the kind of issues it generates.

BTW, it will be hard for the type of demonstration in Egypt and Tunisia to happen here in 9ja for reasons I think is very obvious.
I am a christain, let my user name not confuse you. Am free to air my views, and the bible tells me to test all spirits which am doing
kodewrita:

OK. I take back the monkey, fanatic and other offensive comments, but that still doesnt change the fact that you cant unseat anyone in this country by protests.

GEJ got in NOT because of your protests BUT because of fancy maneuvering by himself and cohorts.

As for Save Nigeria Group breaking the hold of Turai, it was bound to happen irrespective of whether she tried to hold on. She failed because the power elite did not support it, not because you carried paper umbrellas and amused yourself in abuja.

Try it here in Nigeria and then we will believe you.

unseat your LG Chairman with placards or recall JUST ONE senator with popular protest and then we can agree.

No offence taken. At one point no one was talking it got save Nigeria group to get people thinking and saying enough is enough. Which power brokers? the same once ten saying it is not a crime to be sick who have changed their tune now to supporting goodluck and even taking parts in his campaign team? Abeg. they never supported Jonathan, no one did, it was the heat they never expected from normally docile Nigerians that jolted them, most of them never openly supported him till YarAdua died.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by kodewrita(m): 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2011
greateros:

@kodewriter - (i wonder the kind of codes you write with such an empty brain!)Its silly, idiotic and brainless morons like you that fail to see people like GO Adeboye, chris Oyaks and rest of them wolves in sheep clothing as the real enemies of the people!. Morons like you fail to notice they are agents the government use to keep the people docile while they violation our wealth and share it with them demonic pastors!

The protest is coming to Nigeria real soon and as your bible rightly predicted, judgment will start from the house of god!

@Aisha! don't get discouraged by any of those morons, keep saying it as you see it.

The real enemies of the people drive to work in the morning, sleep for hours, wake up and send communiques. they live in abuja and we call them senators and politicians.

If adeboye and the rest are benefiting from the largesse of corruption, thats between them and God. I am non-denominational and do not appreciate such hero-worship.

You are simply making the obviously defeated marxist argument of religion being opium of the people when in fact religion has been the only true bulwark that has held back so many tyrants in history. How else do we derive our morality?

Coding on the other hand has to do with seeing what's really important and not whats on the surface. On the surface, you may see them as the problem when in actual fact they are not. I would expect with a name like Great-Eros or Great-Errors, you cant be expected to display any form of abstract thinking beyond basic survival thoughts.

@aisha2 It is my personal belief that we Nigerians waste time using tools we see in the outer world automatically expecting it to work here. If we will bring down any tyrants or other people we have to be way more crafty than just carrying placards. that doesnt work. I agree we must have played a role SOMEHOW. but that was not the whole picture.

The real decision even in egypt were the ARMY not the people. The real decision makers in tunisia were the RULING PARTY. the sole purpose of any such uprising is to get the attention of the REAL decision makers and convince them to take charge and get things done right. Any other protest that ignores such people is at best just an expression of misguided youthful exuberance.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
kodewrita:

OK. I take back the monkey, fanatic and other offensive comments, but that still doesnt change the fact that you cant unseat anyone in this country by protests.

GEJ got in NOT because of your protests BUT because of fancy maneuvering by himself and cohorts.

As for Save Nigeria Group breaking the hold of Turai, it was bound to happen irrespective of whether she tried to hold on. She failed because the power elite did not support it, not because you carried paper umbrellas and amused yourself in abuja.

Try it here in Nigeria and then we will believe you.

unseat your LG Chairman with placards or recall JUST ONE senator with popular protest and then we can agree.

The Tunisians or Eyptians never knew they could or they wouldnt have let Mubarrack and Ben Ali ride them foor so long. We never know the power we have or what we are capable of until we try. Its sad that you dont know the power of recall is wtih the people. Power is with the people. Anyway even if protest cant get peeople out of office, Only prayers will not achieve that.
I pray a lot, i start and end my day in prayers but i also do my bit so God can meet me halfway, but God himself said in the bible prayer without works is dead
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by againstGEJ(m): 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2011
aisha2:

I dont ban people Mr, i never called anyone dumb i called the statement dumb and silly not the man, and read through someone here has called me a monkey biggot and fanatic, i didnt reply with insults i replied rationally.
If you feel bad about anything on Nairaland instead of speaking out why dont you just pray abi?

Yea yea yea. I dont have to knock my head on the floor five hundred times in a day in guise of prayers just because of NairaLand. You can do it better.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2011
againstGEJ:

Yea yea yea. I dont have to knock my head on the floor five hundred times in a day in guise of prayers just because of NairaLand. You can do it better.
Am not a Moslem, find a better arguement or better way to insult me
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by baslone: 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2011
I luv this girl!!! wink
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by JeSoul(f): 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2011
I'm usually a happy spectator in this section, but I just had to comment and salute/support my sister Aisha on this. Girl, may wisdom and understanding never cease to be yours.
kodewrita:
@aisha2 It is my personal belief that we Nigerians waste time using tools we see in the outer world automatically expecting it to work here. If we will bring down any tyrants or other people we have to be way more crafty than just carrying placards. that doesnt work. I agree we must have played a role SOMEHOW. but that was not the whole picture.
Kodewrita, oga, if I may ask, what other means or actions would you personally suggest other than mass protests?
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2011
JeSoul:

I'm usually a happy spectator in this section, but I just had to comment and salute/support my sister Aisha on this. Girl, may wisdom and understanding never cease to be yours.
Kodewrita, oga, if I may ask, what other means or actions would you personally suggest other than mass protests?
Thanks girl
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by fstranger3(m): 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
JeSoul:

The guy already said prayer.

May be you should just stick with just observing. You obviously do not have the mental capacity to post in this section. Just stay in romance, ok?
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2011
fstranger3:

May be you should just stick with just observing. You obviously do not have the mental capacity to post in this section. Just stay in romance, ok?
Leave my girl abeg
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by poweredcom(m): 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2011
Libyans are fools, a well oriented nation and they live well and eat well, less population they wanna spoil what Ghadaffi has done, i pity them that bag of rice that is sold for like 600Naira, will turn to 600naira them eyes go clear,
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by JeSoul(f): 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2011
fstranger3:

A failed attempt at humor cheesy I've been on NL since '07. I probably have less than 10posts in the romance section. Try again stranger, you might do better  grin

and oh, I don't think Kodewrita has said "prayer" is the answer anywhere. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by JeSoul(f): 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2011
aisha2:

Thanks girl
My sister you are welcome jare. Opportunity never affords me the chance to say enough that you are one of the few NLders I truly respect and admire. I pray God will continue to empower you to do all that you do. Amen oh.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by fstranger3(m): 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2011
JeSoul:

A failed attempt at humor cheesy I've been on NL since '07. I probably have less than 10posts in the romance section. Try again stranger, you might do better  grin

and oh, I don't think Kodewrita has said "prayer" is the answer anywhere. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It is called deductive reasoning dumb dumb graduate of Nigerian university. All books, no common sense.

Bless your stars you are a Nigerian, if you were Greek, you would never have been allowed near a computer, let alone participate in their democracy. Your level of reasoning is truly alarming!
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by poweredcom(m): 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2011
But G. O Pastor Adeboye said protests do not work. Imagine this statement, this is the dumbest statement in the world
"PRAYERS CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS. PROTESTING OUTSIDE THE GOVT HOUSE, HOW MUCH HAS IT ACHIEVED? YOU GO THERE, YOU CARRY PLACARDS[SMILES] AND IF YOU ARE FORTUNATE, YOU RETURN HOME ALIVE, IF YOU ARE NOT FORTUNATE, SOME OVERZEALOUS POLICE OFFICERS MIGHT ACCIDENTALLY DISCHARGE SOME BULLETS ON YOU, AND AFTER, YOU CAN PROTEST A DAY AFTER, AND AFTER SOMETIME, YOU GET TIRED" DADDY G.O/ADEBOYE CNN INTERVIEW

Thst is the dumbest word i have ever imagine, how would a westerner take Nigerians serious with such words, prayer prayer every day and you are dieing of injustice, poverty, i dont know the other life Nigerians are looking for again, religious fools, there is only one life, only on earth which wicked leaders dont want us to, enjoy it now, cos if you die, na dust you go turn, G. O Pastor Adeboye  was dumb in his statement
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by kodewrita(m): 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2011
@aisha2, I am feeling like a proud father. the argument is really catching fire.

@jesoul. protests alone never do the work, it must be backed by proper planning. check youtube for a serbian resistance group called OPFOR. their playbook was what the tunisians used and then the egyptians followed. Infact some of the key organisers in egypt travelled to Serbia to meet the OPFOR team. what they advocate is definitely non-violent but its more than just placard-carrying. its more than just stopping traffic in lagos and abuja. its a whole lot more. watch that and get back to me.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by GoldCircle: 5:21pm On Feb 16, 2011
Me thinks this uprising wont be as successful in Libya as it has been in Tunisia and Egypt. Strong man Ghadaffi has a strong hold on his people and how the exact strings to pull. lets watch out & see how this will play out. . .
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by kodewrita(m): 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2011
GoldCircle:

Me thinks this uprising wont be as successful in Libya as it has been in Tunisia and Egypt. Strong man Ghadaffi has a strong hold on his people and how the exact strings to pull. lets watch out & see how this will play out. . .
lets wait and see. I thought mubarak was unassailable until he fell. Ultimately, if bahrain and yemen fall, then the pressure on other arab states will be too much. the best bet of all the tyrants now is to band together and prop each other up. acting singly like Ben Ali or Mubarak gets you canned.

They can also do their best to tackle Qatar (who are actually the key catalysts now with their sponsorship of Al jazeera. see why you should never underestimate small countries).
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by alphabet43(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
@ AIsha there are leaders and there are followers. We need to adopt an attitude of seizing our future along with prayers. I totally agree with you. The problem with Africa is the backwards mentality that some young people exhibit

@toyota or tokotatya and the other mumu kodewrita; Mumus like you guy are the reason naija is still in this state. YOu dont question authority you suffer in silence while all your human rights are being violated and you dont have enough balls to disagree with some pastor says something backwards. He is a mere pastor and not God why dont you just worship him? If someone thinks what he says is 'stupid' that's just simply what it is. All these so called yeye elders and so called leaders have led the country into the gutter and the young people should have their own vision and not follow like mumu.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 16, 2011
kodewrita:

lets wait and see. I thought mubarak was unassailable until he fell. Ultimately, if bahrain and yemen fall, then the pressure on other arab states will be too much. the best bet of all the tyrants now is to band together and prop each other up. acting singly like Ben Ali or Mubarak gets you canned.

They can also do their best to tackle Qatar (who are actually the key catalysts now with their sponsorship of Al jazeera. see why you should never underestimate small countries).
I never thought Mubarrack will leave too, at one point during the Tunisian uprising as the Nigerian i am i thought the people should be satisfied with the efforts ben Ali made to pacify them, i guess we are just used to taking so much trash from our leaders that we cant even imagine the possiblity of change and progress and that we can actively be part of that change
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by rasputinn(m): 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2011
I dey Laff o cheesy grin grin grin
Was it not just last week that Ghadaffi was congratulating the people of Egypt for toppling Mubarak,now the chicken has come home to roost
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by MUZBO(m): 5:37pm On Feb 16, 2011
delegiwa:

I can't believe that a post on Libya is degenerating into our usual religious bantering.  What has Gadhaffi's Libya got to do with Nigerian biko?  With the way we are discussing this matter, let me ask you Aisha2, how do u think we can ever come out and stand together against an oppresive govt talkless of demonstrating against the said government.  As a mod, my thinking is that you should've have handled that your post more maturedly knowing our different religious background and the kind of issues it generates.

BTW, it will be hard for the type of demonstration in Egypt and Tunisia to happen here in 9ja for reasons I think is very obvious.
What has she sed wrong now?? U just jumped to conclude that she is attacking another religion but alas she's christian! U Nigerians should sit back and keep praying to God to deliver us from these oppressors and y'all should fail to act; maybe when u r tired u'll pray to the devil instead! Even the prophets of God took arms against the evil doers not to talk of we 'evil' people. Tsweeeeeeeeew
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by JeSoul(f): 5:40pm On Feb 16, 2011
kodewrita:
@jesoul. protests alone never do the work, it must be backed by proper planning. check youtube for a serbian resistance group called OPFOR. their playbook was what the tunisians used and then the egyptians followed. Infact some of the key organisers in egypt travelled to Serbia to meet the OPFOR team. what they advocate is definitely non-violent but its more than just placard-carrying. its more than just stopping traffic in lagos and abuja. its a whole lot more. watch that and get back to me.
Thanks for explaining Kodewrita, I think I understand your position much better. So you're not against 'placarding' per se, but insist that it must be first and above all organized, led by capable leaders, targeted in its goal and executed properly? not just a bunch of people carrying signs outside the state house?

If that's what you're saying, then I don't think you're saying anything overly different from Aisha2 undecided.

rasputinn:

I dey Laff o cheesy grin grin grin
Was it not just last week that Ghadaffi was congratulating the people of Egypt for toppling Mubarak,now the chicken has come home to roost
Lol. My brother na so oh. Ahmadinejad was also praising the 'revolution' in Egypt. Protest began in Iran a few days ago and guess what, his government is calling for the execution (can you imagine) of the protest leaders. Hypocrisy has no greater poster child than these tyrants.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by fstranger3(m): 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2011
^^^

I have known no stupider person in my life
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by kodewrita(m): 5:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
alphabet43:

@ AIsha there are leaders and there are followers. We need to adopt an attitude of seizing our future along with prayers. I totally agree with you. The problem with Africa is the backwards mentality that some young people exhibit

@toyota or tokotatya and the other mumu kodewrita; Mumus like you guy are the reason naija is still in this state. YOu dont question authority you suffer in silence while all your human rights are being violated and you dont have enough balls to disagree with some pastor says something backwards. He is a mere pastor and not God why dont you just worship him? If someone thinks what he says is 'silly' that's just simply what it is. All these so called yeye elders and so called leaders have led the country into the gutter and the young people should have their own vision and not follow like mumu.

welcome to the discussion bro.
the crux of your argument==>we are the problem not the people stealing the money.
besides being late to the discussion, you are also too lazy to read through to find any retractions or clarifications. its lazy thinkers like you that are actually dragging us back (thats why you cant come up with a moniker more imaginative than alphabet43).
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by 1025: 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2011
when are we going to start our own protest against this pdp led govt of 12 useless and looting yrs?
wow, i wish this will happen at my own time.
we need to welcome men with human brains on board and say bye to these pdp goat brains.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Dirichi: 5:55pm On Feb 16, 2011
A new revolution in the world! The rulers are no more scared of the ruled rather, the ruled are scared of the rulers grin grin
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by valerie011: 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2011
if you try protest for naija,  Ur life is at stake
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 16, 2011
while others in the world are taking thier future in their hnds,we in Nigeria are busy abusing ourselves and showing all sorts of respect to those robbing us blind
someone said it is unAfrican to abuse elders but also rem that an elder that invites abuses from a child should not complain when they get it
and all these rubbish talk about men of God! chai we don suffer for naija,these so called men of God(muslims and christiand and babalawos{arisekola} contribute greatly to all the rubbish going on here.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by fredoooooo: 6:34pm On Feb 16, 2011
good point aisha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died / Al Qaeda Looking To Target Planes In Europe, UK Security Minister Warns / See Lavish Lifestyle Of Mariam, Daughter Of Gambia’s President, Yahya Jammeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.