Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Protest Begins In Libya - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protest Begins In Libya (7611 Views)

Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS / French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. / Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Begins In Libya by misterh(m): 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2011
I saw it coming to Libya but will the man, Gaddafi be easily subdued?
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by titipexy: 6:59pm On Feb 16, 2011
@Aisha The dumbest thing u've heard right? If we are all invited to join or lead a protest, how many will be willing to join? Many Nigerians will go about their normal life to find a means of survival. What we should think of is if such a protest against the government will and I repeat will be graced by ALL Nigerians because when it becomes the battle of a few, especially when its not up to 3/4 of the entire population of people in Nigeria, I tell u it wont work. And more other reasons. And as of the faith without works and not 'prayer without works', we need to pray for Nigerians to have faith before many will believe in protest. So I think the precursor somewot rest on the shoulders of prayer in the typical Nigeria.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 16, 2011
ok
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by AbahjohnA: 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2011
Some African leaders see themselves as God and think they re d best that can happen to their country. Ghadafi may be gud but let him allow some others. Who knows, he may not be d best 4 his country.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by drlawng(m): 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2011
I see nothing wrong with aisha2's statement on Adeboyes comments. With leadership comes responsibility and accountability. In the particular case of Adeboye, It is leadership where his followers (rightly or wrongly) hang on his words as the gospel and a guide to living their lives. He (I contend) should have been more careful in his statements especially on a big stage like CNN. He is also considered one of the 50 most influential people in the world. What kind of influence is the "statement" supposed to portray? Docility in the face of gross injustice?

I am a Christian and i know from the bible that one of the most influential Christians (Paul) who is also responsible for writing almost two thirds of the New Testament speaks against blind follower-ship. He rebuked the Thessalonian Christians for blind follower-ship, while commending the Berean Christians for Analytical thinking and fact finding to confirm that they were not being mis-lead (at least in the context of the bible).

With every action theres a consequence. We can sit and pray like we've done for countless years and the corrupt few will continue to run Nigeria to the ground, or we can rise up and demand change. The change will not be easy. Lives may be lost, but countless lives are lost due to corruption and lawlessness in Nigeria everyday, Its just not reported or directly attributed to the status-quo we've so far endured.

On this one, i am with aisha2. she didn't call the man dumb. Even the smartest of us makes dumb statements at times. No one person is all-knowing.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by chosen04(f): 7:54pm On Feb 16, 2011
Daddy G.O goofed::

Prayer can only move mountains when you are confronted with what you cannot do for yourself.

God does not do for men what they can do for themselves,  . . . . .

So for Daddy G.O to be encouraging prayers for what niGERians can do for themselves is making himself pure gooferian.

Moreover, every Prayer(S) for nIGERia's betterment is pure vanity.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Abuleoshi: 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2011
@ Muzbo ur post was comic relief 2 all dis libyan missiles flyin here @fstranger wat is deductive reasoning in wat u posted?am not taking side but i think u re d dumb 1 who should not come close 2 a computer cos ur brain is filled wit Akamu! I work in 1 of d major telecom companies nd i c Nigerian graduates match nd surpass thier foreign white colleagues. So it irrates me me wen stupid people run down Nigerian graduates. I had my MBA in d UK nd i was impressed how Nigerians dat had thier 1st degree's in Nigerian universities are excelling academically in the UK. Pls people should tink b4 dey post shit about Nigeria on d internet!
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by EzeUche2(m): 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2011
It was only a matter of time. However, I thought it would have happened sooner, but it seems like Gaddafi was able to keep the protest from occurring. Will he be ousted, or will he continue to remain in power?
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Jeel: 8:20pm On Feb 16, 2011
This is good 4 gadafi.let c wot he wil do seeing those nasty statements he vomited about nig
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by andyanders: 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
IT ILL SOON HAPPEN IN NIGERIA. MEMBERS OF HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE AND HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY MUST GO. THEY MUST LEAVE THAT OFFICE. LET THEM DECLARE
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by blackgucci(m): 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2011
You are simply making the obviously defeated marxist argument of religion being opium of the people when in fact religion has been the only true bulwark that has held back so many tyrants in history. How else do we derive our morality?

dont even go there.

by virtue of the fanatical followership these big names enjoy, they never fail to take advantage of ignorant crown they deceive. lets denounce religion and embrace reason, no man is infallible, bishop pastor or pope.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by JomoGbomo2(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2011
, I hope the libyans will be successful with this protest, 41 years in power is too much except if its in their constitution that its allowed. that is leadership till death, which i doubt.

Looking from the Nigerian context., what are we going to protest about? i really will like to hear from you guys,
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 16, 2011
are we saying nigeria immune to wind of change ?
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 16, 2011
Instead of people here to concentrate and report to their fellow nairalanders what is happen day in day out in Libya to support as tension rise in the land of our African brothers and sisters, one way or the others, they are here insulting and fighting themselves cyberly
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 16, 2011
Aisha2 you are braveheart, That's a lot of chutzpah. You put 'rage' in the word Courage. You inspired me with your 'belief' that make you stand up for what is right against the odds of becoming unpopular.
The truth shall set you free. Well done.

In a twist of event, your moniker suggest Islam, hence, the extremist Crusaders (ill educated Xtian Almajiris) went on rampage for daring to touch the "anointed" clerics. The same OBJ/UMYA/GEJ-supporting & IBORI-ERASTUS-abetting clerics. msheeeeew!

Nevertheless, welcome to Nairaland, The home of Islamophobes & MOG-worshipping fanatics
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by honsule(m): 9:48pm On Feb 16, 2011
Let the protest and Revolution continues, From Libya Let it move to Cameroon-Paul Biya has been in the saddle for 29yrs.
From Cameroon let it move to Zimbabwe-Robert Mugabe from there to Uganda-Yoweri Kaguta Museveni wink wink wink
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by tlops(m): 9:52pm On Feb 16, 2011
I knew that would happen
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by honsule(m): 9:56pm On Feb 16, 2011
Let the protest and Revolution continues,  From Libya Let it move to Cameroon-Paul Biya has been in the saddle for 29yrs.
From Cameroon let it move to Zimbabwe-Robert Mugabe from there to Uganda-Yoweri Kaguta Museveni  wink wink wink
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Olumogun: 10:17pm On Feb 16, 2011
WHEN MEN COME (are) TOGETHER, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.
God Himself said that in the Bible.
its a principle that can work anywhere in the world.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by DonnyT: 11:33pm On Feb 16, 2011
@ Aisha, honestly speaking, you're one of a kind, full of knowledge. I totally agreed with all your statement, I tell people sometimes, Nigerians have been praying for how many years, maybe before I was born, and still praying, if we don't act now we will continue praying till the next 200 years while the people
called the men of God ride in limo and private jets, who is deceiving who in Nigeria. We adopted a religion and totally went crazy about it, even in other part of the world where religion came from, they don't worship like we do. Power lies with the people, yea protest doesn't seem to have much effect in Nigeria because the people protesting will go behind to enrich themselves. Well, to me no one is going to come and help Nigerians.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by tonardo(m): 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2011
all these arab country na now their eyes da open, them 4 remain zombi 4 ever.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Robotnik: 12:18am On Feb 17, 2011
Boy walks in, looks around, hisses, says to himself " abeg where is the arsenal forum " and walks out quietly
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by ihustler(m): 1:45am On Feb 17, 2011
Lets Keep Praying, We will get there someday

The sweetest thing is that amongst all clamoring for protests and the like let the government give any of them some few contracts and bonuses and you will see them reasoning with the non-protestants really good.

Such is life, fellas
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Kobojunkie: 1:47am On Feb 17, 2011
chosen04:

Daddy G.O goofed::

Prayer can only move mountains when you are confronted with what you cannot do for yourself.

God does not do for men what they can do for themselves,  . . . . .

So for Daddy G.O to be encouraging prayers for what niGERians can do for themselves is making himself pure gooferian.

Moreover, every Prayer(S) for nIGERia's betterment is pure vanity.

Are we certain he actually made the statement? There are no links sources provided . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Kobojunkie: 1:49am On Feb 17, 2011
honsule:

Let the protest and Revolution continues,  From Libya Let it move to Cameroon-Paul Biya has been in the saddle for 29yrs.
From Cameroon let it move to Zimbabwe-Robert Mugabe from there to Uganda-Yoweri Kaguta Museveni  wink wink wink

nah!!! If you want change in black Africa, Start with Nigeria. If Nigeria, the largest black Nation can get it's act together, I bet you that the surrounding countries will follow suit.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by mamagee3(f): 1:57am On Feb 17, 2011
seriously how do these people sit there and watch one man rule them for years and decades without impeaching them?

But, some men are really selfish and have no dignity if not why else would a man bein office for more than 10 years until the people force him to step down.

Btw, I'm waiting for Nigerians to protest about Obasanjo showing records of what he has been spending our money on.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by fstranger3(m): 1:58am On Feb 17, 2011
mama-gee:

seriously how do these people sit there and watch one man rule them for years and decades without impeaching them?

But, some men are really selfish and have no dignity if not why else would a man bein office for more than 10 years until the people force him to step down.

Btw, I'm waiting for Nigerians to protest about Obasanjo showing records of what he has been spending our money on.

Instead of leading the protest, you are waiting, well, me too I am awaiting, and the rest of Nigeria is waiting for you. If you lead, the rest will follow
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by fstranger3(m): 2:00am On Feb 17, 2011
mama-gee:

[color=deeppink]seriously how do these people sit there and watch one man rule them for years and decades without impeaching them?

Most of them were like you, waiting for someone else to start the protest!
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by fstranger3(m): 2:03am On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

nah!!! I[b]f you want change in black Africa, Start with Nigeria[/b]. If Nigeria, the largest black Nation can get it's act together, I bet you that the surrounding countries will follow suit.

And, if we want to change Nigeria, we need to start with you. If Kobojunkie, the biggest loud mouth on NL can get his/her act together, I bet you that the rest of Nigeria will follow suit.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Tunmi(f): 5:02am On Feb 17, 2011
About time. This whole lengthy period of ruling is getting absurb. 40 years? You weren't born with it! I'm waiting for West Africa to make amends. I highly doubt that Nigeria can produce such mass protests as Tunisia and Egypt have witnessed. The people rely on prayer and religion too much, almost to the point where that is all they rely upon. And you have people like Bakare and political thieves who have mastered the manipulation of Nigerians. They have made Nigerians content with the lives they live, even in the face of evidence of corruption and exemplary action. Nothing.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by bashem: 5:07am On Feb 17, 2011
Ghadaffi is an african hero, revolutionary if you will, the same can be said about mugabe. You let a revolution take out ghadaffi or mugabe and in comes western puppet dictators ready to bend over backwards for European countries. The sooner you brainwashed shit tards who are calling for them to be desposed can realize that shit, the sooner africa will be able to lift itself out of poverty and regain its glory.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by fstranger3(m): 5:07am On Feb 17, 2011
Tunmi:

About time. This whole lengthy period of ruling is getting absurb. 40 years? You weren't born with it! I'm waiting for West Africa to make amends. I highly doubt that Nigeria can produce such mass protests as Tunisia and Egypt have witnessed. The people rely on prayer and religion too much, almost to the point where that is all they rely upon. And you have people like Bakare and political thieves who have mastered the manipulation of Nigerians. They have made Nigerians content with the lives they live, even in the face of evidence of corruption and exemplary action. Nothing.
^^^^

What about you?

Dont you want to come help start a revolution?

You are the one we are all waiting for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died / Al Qaeda Looking To Target Planes In Europe, UK Security Minister Warns / See Lavish Lifestyle Of Mariam, Daughter Of Gambia’s President, Yahya Jammeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.