Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Protest Begins In Libya - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protest Begins In Libya (7612 Views)

Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS / French Military Jet Opens Fire In Libya. / Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Begins In Libya by fstranger3(m): 5:09am On Feb 17, 2011
bashem:

Ghadaffi is an african hero, revolutionary if you will, the same can be said about mugabe. You let a revolution take out ghadaffi or mugabe and in comes western puppet dictators ready to bend over backwards for European countries. The sooner you brainwashed poo tards who are calling for them to be desposed can realize that poo, the sooner africa will be able to lift itself out of poverty and regain its glory.

I agree with you, Ghadaffi is too important for Africa
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by rhymz(m): 8:20am On Feb 17, 2011
As much as I dont entirely agree with the G.O but in the context of the Nigerian state, I think he was right.
What exactly are we going to be protesting against? I need answers to this particular question? To get the PDP out of power? Well, we can do that come April with an organized opposition and strategy. Truth be told, Nigeria does not need egyptian or Tunisian styled protest, it will not work here, no need starting something we wont be able to finish. We are in an election year there is no need for mass protest, go and mass protest at the polls, simple. The Egyptians even face a bigger problem now with the ouster of Mubarak, there is a looming unpredictability of a military rule, some of them are begining to wake up to the fact that they may have created a bigger problem with powers now in the hands of the military and no clear plan as to how the transition process to civilian rule will go.
We have to be careful not to copy verbatim things that ve worked abroad without understanding it in the Nigerian context. The question is do we need a change? Yes of course! Can we achieve it through mass protest as in Egypt snd Tunisia? Chances are very slim? One thing we all fail to realise is the main aim of the protest, which was to change government, inevitably that will lead to a fresh election as is being anticipated here in Nigeria. So why stir up needless comotion? Because it is happening in Egypt and Tunisia that do not even see themselves as part of Africa? Abeg make we use our head jor!
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 17, 2011
Even Libya that thousands of Nigerians are dying to go and live.I wonder what will happen if Ghadaffi steps down. cheesy
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by paulo1234: 9:04am On Feb 17, 2011
Where people can not express their opinion freely, that is bondage. The chains must be broken if not now it will be latter --- Libya.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by rasputinn(m): 9:22am On Feb 17, 2011
fstranger3:

I agree with you, Ghadaffi is too important for Africa

This is the height of delusion

It's a shame
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 17, 2011
Thumbs up rhymz!
I wonder why some shallow minded Nigerians are calling for protest in Nigeria. Tunisia, Egypt and Libya's cases are totally parallel to that of Nigeria. These are countries whose leaders have solely ruled for decades. Is it their birth right? We are not experiencing such in Nigeria. Yes, we need change in terms of better life for the people and in the economy as a whole. If you beleive revolution will bring about this change we are championing for, then, the revolution should be through the ballot box as this is another election year! You all have the opportunity to vote out leaders you donot want and vote in those you can trust with power.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by rasputinn(m): 10:43am On Feb 17, 2011
koastar:

Thumbs up rhymz!
I wonder why some shallow minded Nigerians are calling for protest in Nigeria. Tunisia, Egypt and Libya's cases are totally parallel to that of Nigeria. These are countries whose leaders have solely ruled for decades. Is it their birth right? We are not experiencing such in Nigeria. Yes, we need change in terms of better life for the people and in the economy as a whole. If you beleive revolution will bring about this change we are championing for, then, the revolution should be through the ballot box as this is another election year! You all have the opportunity to vote out leaders you donot want and vote in those you can trust with power.
GBAAAAAAM
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Ibomade1: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2011
Protests in Libya !!!.

This is interesting but I believe the  time has come for Colonel Gaddafi to call it a day.
Only God knows the part the western world are playing in all of this protests
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 17, 2011
The End for Gadaffi, The End of Dictatorship on the face of earth, welcome to freedom the world of inter connection
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Mobinga: 1:20pm On Feb 17, 2011
Typical. Could have been predicted. I expect Ghaddafi to shove them aside with ease.
Mubarak and Ben Aliarethe biggest pussies alive.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by favouredjb(f): 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2011
I hope they succeed like egypt and get rid of that dictator
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Righton: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2011
againstGEJ:

Yea yea yea. I dont have to knock my head on the floor five hundred times in a day in  guise of prayers just because of NairaLand. You can do it better.

Yes, like this

Matthew 26:36-39 Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gesthemane, and saith unto his disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. 37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be very sorrowful and heavy. 38 Then saith he unto them, my soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death; tarry ye here, and watch with me. 39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as Thou Wilt.

and this

Numbers 20:6 And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the Lord appeared unto them.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Anaegboka(m): 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2011
He sponsored many rebelions on the African continent, I wonder if any African leader will be crazy enough to allow him to take refuge in his country.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by vislabraye(m): 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2011
good one
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by phantom23: 5:43pm On Feb 17, 2011
NLders, Fighting and arguing over issues like this is just like running in a special olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.
say no more!
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Tunmi(f): 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^^

What about you?

Dont you want to come help start a revolution?

You are the one we are all waiting for?

So we're playing a waiting game.
I'll come help, once I complete school, or at least have some certification higher than a high school diploma.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by emilas21(m): 9:22pm On Feb 17, 2011
who said it can,t work in naija or libya.why did gadaffi has to rush and release the remaining 11o inmates,since he is not afraid,do you think he didn,t feel the heat of what happen at Egypt and Tunisia?what about naija,what will you call what killed obj third termagenda.believe me,Adeboye has no faith,he doesn,t believe in the power of the changing world and generation.my people let us wake up.That was what was said when my brother and daddy Marthin luther the king had his prophecy,many didn,t believe but now we are living to see it, its has started and can not end untill its all over.First fromCote d voire to Tunisia to Egypt to Algeria to Yemen to  Iran to Bahrain, soon it will move to south Korea and many south  American countries.lets just wait and see,and most impotantly let us all be more prayerful
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by bashem: 6:23am On Feb 18, 2011
rasputinn:

This is the height of delusion

It's a shame

He couldn't be delusional if what he speaks of is the truth.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by paulo1234: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2011
bashem:

He couldn't be delusional if what he speaks of is the truth.

It is height of delusion is more true than all important Gadafi . Very , Verry disposable like a toilet tissue paper.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Highvotage: 11:13am On Feb 18, 2011
I believed that the way we do anchor issue on Nairaland is not the best. Why must we be deliberating on issue that we all suppose to gain fro and we are going to be abusing each other or go against our individual believe or ethnicity? This is an issue that honorable administrator of great nairaland should attend to and find a lasting solution to. Thanks
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 18, 2011
Looks like its payback time for the desert rascal and I hope he leaves.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by member479760: 11:51am On Feb 20, 2011
Time is up for the regime that enslaves its own people. All say no to communist china! the next place is china. the whole word must be free.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by insideview: 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2011
And the time of trouble's begin.

The inability of the existing political & socio-economic order to cater for a growing world population is just beginning to manifest.

Ghadaffi and his fellow members in the 2 decade club may just yet ride out this wave, but make no mistake, change is upon us and it will not relent until sated.

Personally, i believe the world is moving into a period of troubles akin to Europe's when the feudal system collapsed. The transition to a new order usually takes longer than a few years. And eventually that transition will catch up with Nigeria (i wonder if it hasnt already)

As for Ghadaffi, the question now is not if he (or the system he represents) will fall but when.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by toback: 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2011
i think that Nigerians has not been reacting positively to the events in north Africa and the middle east. Nigerians are suffering even more than Tunisians in the quality of their living standard. so it is not just the issue of dictatorship that drives such uprising. i think that the fact majority of Nigerians are in difficult economic condition is enough for us to protest.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2011
^^^^ It does not take a genius to figure that out but apparently, some have already cooked up excuses for why they would rather Nigerians continue to live docile. lipsrsealed
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by thameamead(f): 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2011
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by thameamead(f): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2011
Gadaffi apparently brought in merceneries fron Chad and Nigeria to fire @ protesters, they are bn paid $18,500 dollars to fire @ protesters because his army is split, half are siding with the protesters while the other half are fighting side by side with the mercenaries.

His son's statement last nite was a joke, he tried to blame illegal immigrants for the protests, sadly all the weapons used to fire @ proetsters have got made in England on them, journalists have bn banned by Gadaffi, internet and electricity blocked so its dificult to know what's really happening, I can't see a Revolution in Libya am afraid unless the merceneries turn on him but I cannot see that happening because they are getting paid a lot of money to shoot to kill, I remember that good-looking son of his paying Beyounce $1M to sing for him two yrs ago, the pictures were splashed in the Daily Mail.

Gadaffi is a despot, tyrant, military dictatorship with an authorithian regime but Europe who happen to be one of his trading partners would do absolutely nothing because of his oil and gas reserves especially Italy whose deal is with Libya is about 39%. China and Russia are libya's biggest trading partners, they both have a lot of things in common wit Libya, dissidents face torture and a terrible human rights record.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by kodewrita(m): 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2011
He has already lost the eastern part of the country. Benghazi is lost to him. An army unit(the thunderbolt unit) revolted and took the fight to the presidential guards unit that was fighting for Ghadaffi. they successfully defeated them and took over their barracks. Its going to happen somehow.
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by mystikal(m): 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2011
What exactly is a change in regime going to do for Libya?
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by kodewrita(m): 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2011
mystikal:

What exactly is a change in regime going to do for Libya?
Free them from one man's rule for Libya? divert money from one family to all?
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by pleep(m): 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2011
people dont realize that the reason that these leaders were in power so long is because they have done so much good for their contries. compare libya to nigeria. it is better to have a good leader for 32 years than 8 bad leaders
Re: Protest Begins In Libya by Abuleoshi: 7:43am On Feb 22, 2011
i thought some people here said it was not possible in libya?where is gadaffi today?his family don't even know his where about.
gadaffi forgot nothing lasts forever. over 40 years ruling,what was he thinking?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died / Al Qaeda Looking To Target Planes In Europe, UK Security Minister Warns / See Lavish Lifestyle Of Mariam, Daughter Of Gambia’s President, Yahya Jammeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.