Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,757 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix (109367 Views)

Lady Lodger Shocked To See Tiled Bedframes At An Enugu Hotel (video) / Woman Upset Over Failed Relationship, Smashes Plane Window Mid-flight In China / The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
Karl Haddad was flying from Toronto to Montreal when he woke up to realise the window frame he had been leaning on had a noticeable crack in the casing which moved when he touched it

A plane passenger woke up to realise the window casing he had been sleeping against was broken - and he gave plenty of people anxiety by continually poking it in a now viral video.

Karl Haddad was on the last flight of his trip from Lebanon, flying from Toronto to Montreal with Air Canada to finish off the 27-hour journey.

The 20-year-old told BuzzFeed he was exhausted and quickly fell asleep after takeoff, but when he woke up he realised the window casing he had been leaning on had a noticeable crack in frame.

Karl said he "poked at it a little bit to see if it was a big crack" and had a "mini heart attack for about 10 minutes" as he called for attention.

In a video uploaded to TikTok, which has had more than 2.5 million views, he can be seen giving a light push to the frame as the window casing wobbles.

"The [flight attendant] came and she asked if I was fine," he said. "I told her yes, and that the window was cracked. She asked me to poke it in front of her. She said it was pretty bad and she said she was going to call the captain."

The pilot can be seen coming to inspect the window and Karl claimed he told him since it was just the 'inside layer' it was not urgent and he didn't alert other passengers to the problem.

In the TikTok he said they "decided to force landing", but he clarified that it was not an emergency landing and they did complete the journey to Montreal.

A spokesperson for Air Canada told BuzzFeed: "The part in question is a window blind frame assembly where the window blind slides up and down.

"This is a plastic part of the trim around the window and not a critical structural part."

But it was enough to scare thousands of viewers, with many saying it was their "worst nightmare".

One said: "I would simply just pass away."

Another wrote: "I would be running in circles. Screaming. And pass out."

Some were more concerned about the clips showing Karl pushing at the window, with one asking: "why you touching it Dude"

A second said: "Oh no the window is broke. Also me: let's poke it a few more times to be sure the giant crack is legit."

And others praised him for reporting the problem, writing: "Thank you for telling your cabin crew! This way we can communicate it to the pilots and make a decision whether it's safe or not."

Air Canada has been contacted for further comment.
Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/plane-passenger-wakes-up-find-22552468

1 Like

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by oyepaulkay(m): 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
FTC.

grin grin grin
Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
Righteousness89, so many scary stuffs happening lately o, what is happening to the world sef embarassed embarassed embarassed. This is really shocking, I am still in shock, don't know if you are shocked too shocked shocked shocked.

286 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Donotread: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
shocked

4 Likes

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by majamajic(m): 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
This will not affect anything , it's just the inner frame before the first glass window , then the second glass

No need to panic !

178 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
majamajic:
This will not affect anything

exactly, and if he looks around, many windows have such...

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Shellsploit: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
Let us all sit and welcome Righteousness 85 as he preaches Gods gospel to us.

Back to the topic, He should just calm down!
No need to panic..

Make e buy super glue gum am na.. shocked

198 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by heendrix(m): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
Righteousness89 can you please tell us the spiritual effect of what happened to the guy

Thanks.

132 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by oscarmarley(m): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
Macsjebs:
Righteousness89, so many scary stuffs happening lately o, what is happening to the world sef embarassed embarassed embarassed. This is really shocking, I am still in shock, don't know if you are shocked too shocked shocked shocked.
calm down naa

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by CAPSLOCKED: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
Macsjebs:
heendrix:
Righteousness89 can you please tell us the spiritual effect of what happened to the guy

Thanks.

BROKEN GLASS? THE WORLD MUST BE COMING TO AN END. REPENT, REPENT, REPENT! cheesy

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 20, 2020

16 Likes

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by ValCon888: 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
Firstly, it has to be determined whether the cabin is pressurised or not. In the above case, the cabin was pressurised because they are at high altitude.

If it is only the inner glass that cracks, everything is fine. But if it is the outer and inner glass that cracks, then the structural integrity of the fuselage is compromised which can lead to an explosive decompression.

Where that happens, human beings can get sucked out of the plane. If the pilot is not skilled, the plane can crash.
Southwest Flight 1380 below is an example.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by troublemakea(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
Who am I to speak on this thread when Righteousness89 hasn't utter a word on this yet embarassed

35 Likes

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by heendrix(m): 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

BROKEN GLASS? THE WORLD MUST BE COMING TO AN END. REPENT, REPENT, REPENT! cheesy

The guy must accept Christ in order to escape any future occurrence as such

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
heendrix:

or can we put forward the hypothesis that he fell into a trance since he was in the sky

23 Likes

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by heendrix(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2020
Macsjebs:

or can we put forward the hypothesis that he fell into a trance since he was in the sky

I'm really not surprised cause when I got to know of the fragility of Planes. oboi to enter that Bird dey fear me o

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by xynerise: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
Any small air space and everyone gets sucked out

2 Likes

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Adedotguy: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
grin
Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Collegenews: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
Macsjebs:
Buhari and I are shocked man.

7 Likes

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
Huhn
Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
A good time to cash out. sue the airline.
Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Galactico4ever(m): 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
What da fucck?
Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Profayo: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
That's scary o, because it the window show truly break, that's doom o
Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by EyezofGod120: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
grin
Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by pretydiva(f): 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
How's this news?

1 Like

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Galactico4ever(m): 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
heendrix:

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by slimjosh231(m): 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
How is this news?
Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by moscobabs(m): 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nothing to panic about here, I have boarded a plane without window glass from Texas to Washington DC before. cry

6 Likes

Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by Karam12345: 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2020
Instagram Account for sell 5k Followers 3k beep me ASAP Whatapp me 09015125868
Re: Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix by KristaPretty(f): 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2020
Endtime pilots grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped / Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban / Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.