Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,011 members, 7,828,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military (29107 Views)

Mali Junta Frees President Keita a Week After His Arrest / Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita / Ibrahim Boubacar Keita Resigns As Mali's President Resigns Amid Coup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by Sososo(f): 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2020
President today, deportee tomorrow tongue
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by franxalive(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
Some Malians wanted coup and they got it.

We don't want coup in Nigeria.

WE WANT REVOLUTION!

Am so sorry sir, you almost got it...the needful is to BALKANIZE this FAILED STATE called nigga-area angry

To your ⛺ oh Israel.

Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by HoluGraze: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2020
Its only malians that have the real gout to out throne their pres.
Marlians for here na noise makers, when they hear kai them go japaa. Bunch of useless persons tweh
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by Gwazah(m): 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
GamalNasser:
Deport or exiled ? Abi is he from Senegal ne?
Correct question bro.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by qozeem999(m): 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2020
Ki ni reason
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by MemoriesAndMe: 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
exile or deportation? Why deportation to Senegal when he's not from there?
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by JordanMichael(m): 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2020
10kgod:
Why picking Senegal?
Aso Villa get space and moreover his friend is there.
His incompetent friend grin
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
send him to somewhere in Lagos island
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
Officialgarri:
Just as Charles Taylor may never forgive Obasanjo, the Malian president may never forgive Goodluck Jonathan. Jonathan had barely left the country as a peace envoy when the Malian president was picked.

Apparently, Jonathan knew of the impending coup, looked away, also paid an official visit to Buhari to give a report only for an 'unchallenged' coup to take place hours later.

SHUT UP!!!
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by DrinkWater10: 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
Veronicaff1:
Youn

Toilet automatic led light available @ a very cheap rate....call or WhatsApp 080....550..863..12
Will the light bulbs be placed inside the bowl?
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
Veronicaff1:
Youn

Toilet automatic led light available @ a very cheap rate....call or WhatsApp 080....550..863..12
Looks really nice. How does it work btw.. I'm just trying to see myself shitting on or in the lighted toilet, Arizona in one hand grin

Does it use electricity or its self powered
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by precious1967(m): 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2020
pls, dont hesitate to keep him in prison OR else he will trouble your administration.
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by Makengo(m): 6:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
Thiese guys have just made their first mistake......they will.not last unfortunately.
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by cooltola(m): 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2020
webizone:

Guy, the military makeup then and the one now is totally different. A sensible person wouldn't wish for this at this time.

Guy, Abacha is still helping Nigeria today, all these return loots are helping. The Nigeria of Abacha time was better than this Buhari or Goodluck Regime. Democracy is not working for Nigeria, the results are very clear and open. what Nigeria needs is an updated ,business savy version of Military rule. I support the coup in Mali and hope Nigeria return to military regime

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by AiooAi: 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2020
Why not the oza room.
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by Phemostiga4u: 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2020
Madibah:
I'm dedicating this to righteousness89
Haaass
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
Veronicaff1:

Where u d one that called me now ?
Nope
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
Mali in crisis: The fight between the Dogon and Fulani
We meet with Dogon and Fulani leaders to unpack the complex intercommunal crisis facing Mali.
24 Aug 2019 08:37 GMT Conflict, Mali, Famine, United Nations, Security

Share via WhatsAppShare via FacebookShare via TwitterShare via RedditSend Feedback

Deep in central Mali, what was supposed to be harvest season for villagers has become a season of starvation, death and destruction.

Mali's health ministry says so far hundreds of people have died from what it describes as a man-made famine, as farmers and herders fight over land.

It is an ancestral conflict that takes place at the height of the dry season between the Dogon, who are traditional farmers and hunters, and the Fulani, the semi-nomadic herders of the Sahel.

The Dogon accuse the Fulani of overstepping on their farmland to feed their animals, while the Fulani accuse the Dogon of killing and stealing their cattle. And now they are killing each other.

In one of the worst attacks, 160 Fulani villagers were killed in Ogossagou in March. Mamadou Togo, the chief representative of Mali's Dogon people, tells Al Jazeera the attack was not perpetrated by Dogon hunters. He says the Dogon have not attacked any Fulani villages, despite there being tensions between the two communities.

However, he admits that "when other people come and attack the Dogon, they retaliate".

I am convinced that there are other invisible, obscure forces that are planning to destabilise the entire subregion. And to succeed in this destabilisation, it is necessary to create a war between the different ethnic groups.

Mahmoud Dicko, Fulani leader

"We cannot sit and watch people come and kill us and go back without anything. We said no, this is intolerable," he says. "When you come to kill me and I'm not dead, for instance, if I can I will kill you."

The two sides both accuse the other of being the aggressor.

Mahmoud Dicko, a Fulani and a powerful leader of the High Islamic Council, blames the mutual mistrust on outside interference.

"I am convinced that there are other invisible, obscure forces that are planning to destabilise the entire subregion. And to succeed in this destabilisation, it is necessary to create a war between the different ethnic groups," he says.

The violence is not limited to Mali, either. In neighbouring Sahelian countries, Fulanis have been in conflict with other tribes as well. Fuelling this conflict are armed groups - including al-Qaeda and Islamic State affiliates - who are stepping in and taking sides. Some have been fighting in the war in Libya.

"This crisis in the centre of Mali started from the occupation of northern Mali by terrorist groups [in 2012]," says Tiebile Drame, the Malian minister of foreign affairs. "The Malian crisis is directly linked to the situation in Libya, to the collapse of Libya in 2011."

Since 2013, the United Nations peacekeeping mission MINUSMA has been operating in Mali. There are currently 14,000 UN troops - among them British, Canadian and German soldiers - as well as 4,000 French combat troops and regional G5 Sahel forces in the country.

Despite this, the violence is spreading, and spiralling out of control.

Insurgent and rebel groups also directly target security forces, launching suicide attacks and car bombings. MINUSMA is now the deadliest UN peacekeeping mission, with more UN troops dying in Mali than anywhere else, or at any time before. This also adds to the feeling shared by many Malians that the security forces are not a source of protection but a source of danger.

Nevertheless, the $1bn a year MINUSMA mission has been renewed for another year, while Mali's government is calling for the creation of a coalition force like the ones seen in Iraq and Afghanistan to intervene in Mali.

But the Dogon and Fulani leaders we spoke to are both sceptical about outside actors.

Dogon leader Togo believes France profits from the instability in the country, saying Mali's former colonial master "wants to recolonise again this country because of the wealth underground".

Meanwhile, Fulani leader Dicko says the UN mission and international community are failing Mali, spending billions of dollars "for their own comfort".

"I say to leave us alone, to leave the Sahelians between us," he says. "We are brothers, we have lived together for millennia. We have a mechanism to settle things between us. If we are left alone, we ourselves will find a solution to this problem."

To examine who profits from Mali's state of instability, and how the violence can be brought to an end, Talk to Al Jazeera In The Field meets Dogon and Fulani leaders to try to understand this complex conflict.

Source: Al Jazeera News

How is this different from what is happening in Nigeria ? Why is it that there is always trouble and bloodshed wherever fulanis are found ?

My people, be ready !
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by NovusHomo(m): 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
bankulizer:
Why Senegal? There are many rooms in Aso Rock

No, you can't deport your own citizen. The man is going there on exile, or as a refugee.
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
GamalNasser:
Deport or exiled ? Abi is he from Senegal ne?
I was confused as well. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by DexterousOne(m): 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2020
Officialgarri:
Just as Charles Taylor may never forgive Obasanjo, the Malian president may never forgive Goodluck Jonathan. Jonathan had barely left the country as a peace envoy when the Malian president was picked.

Apparently, Jonathan knew of the impending coup, looked away, also paid an official visit to Buhari to give a report only for an 'unchallenged' coup to take place hours later.

WTH are you talking about?
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by Aguilar(m): 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2020
Madibah:
mehn this is too much
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by Kobicove(m): 8:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
Starz825:
abeg make them solve their problems...every country get him own for body

Yes o, we have our own problems to worry about
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
wildikeman:
I wonder o...the president of a country is deported to another country... The Grammar get as e be . I think he meant exile
Una talk say grammar no be una mother tongue, you don see am.
Re: Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military by Vyzz: 10:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
Madibah:

This was very very unnecessary sir....

A sign of immaturity...

We all have to understand ourselves...

I don't like him much but I do understand that he is unique in his own sense... We mustn't all be the same.

We are all different and have one or two behaviors people hate... But Tolerance should keep us together

Ciao

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 US Army Special Forces Troops Have Been Killed In Niger / Military Breach In Sierra Leone / Abdallah Morsi Is Dead! Ex President Mohamed Morsi's Son Dies Of Heart Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.