Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:50 PM

Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) (29669 Views)

Bola Tinubu Wins Polling Unit At Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos / Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) / Lagos Revenue In 2018 Was Higher Than That Of The Entire South-East - NEITI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by redsun(m): 8:48am On Aug 22, 2020
NigerianSage:

You spend too much time obsessing over people who are not responsible for your life but you forgot that Tinubu is not a public official and he's not under any kind of obligation to do declare anything, he left public office a decade ago. Your concern should be your current governor, reps and senators who are collecting money to take care of you and your future/

I asked you to show us what they looted, how much, from where and where they kept the money, now you are stammering like a baby.

You are too old to be so misguided and full poor knowledge.

Just the pension that he and his cohorts awarded themselves is enough to make you cringe. But because your reality from birth revolves around decadence, you obviously can't see that commandeering public resources and assets in such manners in a state where a majority of the inhabitants share living spaces with pigs and live in unimaginable squalor is a crime against humanity.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Clothingonline9(m): 8:56am On Aug 22, 2020
Good to see this
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by ezechi24(m): 8:56am On Aug 22, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
Good infrastructure development

Meanwhile: Amaechi2023

The man has done well and have the leadership experience, from speaker of Rivers state house of Assembly 8yrs to Governor 8yrs and now a second term minister with great results! He deserve it.

What is wrong with Nigerian youths self...so after everything wet this man done do you still no wan get sense.

Let it trend: #Amaechi2023
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by kofomii: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2020
Our Gov has not even done any road in Lagos since he took over. What is happening?
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Wahala90: 10:28am On Aug 22, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

The man has done well and have the leadership experience, from speaker of Rivers state house of Assembly 8yrs to Governor 8yrs and now a second term minister with great results! He deserve it.

So ashame of you.
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by JAWBONE(m): 10:31am On Aug 22, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Una don start. So called progressive youth. So Amaechi is the solution to Nigeria's problem.

Make I do leave this country for una. Anything una like, make una take am do
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Sirwallace(m): 10:33am On Aug 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Tax collection needs to be taken away from Alpha Beta. It is only in Nigeria private consultants are given responsibility for tax collection at a 10% commission, simply unheard off.

It is the job of the state government Ministry of Finance staff to collect taxes.

you and I know what will happen if civil servants are the one doing that.

the rot in FIRS and Custom is a testimony of that.
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Sirwallace(m): 10:35am On Aug 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

It is cheaper for Lagos to poach staff from KPMG,Deloitte,Ernst and Young and PWC with tax experience and give them employment in the Ministry of Finace to help with tax collection, than give Alpha Beta 10% commission. It is unheard of for private consultants to collect taxes on behalf of a state.

Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Sirwallace(m): 10:36am On Aug 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Tax collection needs to be taken away from Alpha Beta. It is only in Nigeria private consultants are given responsibility for tax collection at a 10% commission, simply unheard off.

It is the job of the state government Ministry of Finance staff to collect taxes.

Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by bewla(m): 11:19am On Aug 22, 2020
VirginSearcher:
Ok, Mr pointing Governor following Tinubu the drug baron aka Mr master
bullion van need some come and get some
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by RichBoy247: 11:46am On Aug 22, 2020
leofab:
I wish lagos dan become its own country... so different from the shit hole

And your parents are in the shit , that menas your parentss are . . . . . .
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by goody234: 11:46am On Aug 22, 2020
Awon ope ...there are so many abandoned office buildings in lagos redo them up and use them for your offices ...somebody wants to enrich himself hence the new building i tire for this country o
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by 3Ceagle(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2020
NigerianSage:

You are not a tax collector, you don't know anything about tax collection, you don't know anything about the capabilities of any other tax consultants over AB so you can not tell me who is better or not better.

AB proved their worth by skyrocketing Lagos revenue from N500 million per month to N33 billion per month, more than what many countries in Africa collects, more than 26 States in Nigeria combined.

You don't know if the people you're recommending are cheaper, this is just your own opinion and this is not even about who is cheaper or not, this is more about efficiency and capabilities to massively grown IGR which AB is doing on a massive scale in Lagos.

10% is more than a good price to pay to generate that huge amount constantly every month. Good performance and good results are better than being cheap.

You are entitled to your opinion, but from my observation, your opinions are always from a jaundice anti Lagos and Tinubu views and obsessions, not based on facts and realities and you hardly make sense.

Go and and advice them in Abia, Imo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kano, Plateau and Nasarawa to stop using Alpha Beta and hire whoever you are recommending.

There is more tax awareness now and not necessarily by the work of consultant. I think it is wrong by IRS not to employ the best brains and experienced professionals from the established firms. Overtime tax payers have complained about the attitude and the level of competence of LIRS employees. The problem with the SIRS is the failure of trainings and development. The private firm invest heavily to constantly keep their employees updated with new development. The main problem is the collapse of our civil service, hence the subcontracting of tax collection and management to private person, which is not totally bad but a lazy way of solving a problem.
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2020
NigerianSage:

You know he stays in Lagos and pay taxes in Lagos because you know him or because you saw his tax papers.

Regardless of your rights to comment, this is a discussion forum where your comments are challenged and negative with better facts, better opinion and comments, NL is not a one way discussion forum where you say whatever you want and not get challenged.

The fact that you even have rights to your comment doesn't mean you know about taxes, doesn't mean you now how cheap deloitte is or how much they charge or even how effective they are.

If you can make recommendations that Lagos state should dump AB because they charge too much or because the money is going to Tinubu, they you should be able to offer the same recommendations to AB's other clients like Abia, it's only fair.

BTW, I think you are the same person posting with a different ID, it's kind of childish.

Hmm i thought I was the only one that sensed this... Very smart of you!

Great information by the way
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
NigerianSage:

I[b]f you are not the same person, how did you know he's a Lagosian and that he pays taxes in Lagos?

Stop digging hole for yourself.[/b]

Smart again bro.

I believe its same person using the 3/4monikers.. RuudVanNisteroy, redsun, nedekid, VirginSeeker.. I guess this fellow has numerous other monikers.

Such a shame that a 'grown up' adult would indulge in this cowardly acts
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
pineed:

Smart again bro.

I believe its same person using the 3/4monikers.. RuudVanNisteroy, redsun, nedekid, VirginSeeker.. I guess this fellow has numerous other monikers.

I have only one moniker. Stop spreading fake news!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
3Ceagle:

There is more tax awareness now and not necessarily by the work of consultant. I think it is wrong by IRS not to employ the best brains and experienced professionals from the established firms. Overtime tax payers have complained about the attitude and the level of competence of LIRS employees. The problem with the SIRS is the failure of trainings and development. The private firm invest heavily to constantly keep their employees updated with new development. The main problem is the collapse of our civil service, hence the subcontracting of tax collection and management to private person, which is not totally bad but a lazy way of solving a problem.

If the tax collection was sole responsibility of the Min. of Finance, do you think LASG tax revenue would've gotten up to N33b and upwards monthly.

I once worked in the civil service bro.. Corruption and bureaucracy in civil service would not make this feat achievable. E.g take a look at civil agencies like JAMB, NPA, Customs
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2020
pineed:

If the tax collection was sole responsibility of the Min. of Finance, do you think LASG tax revenue would've gotten up to N33b and upwards monthly.

I once worked in the civil service bro.. Corruption and bureaucracy in civil service would not make this feat achievable. E.g take a look at civil agencies like JAMB, NPA, Customs
Is there not corruption in the present tax collection. Where were you when former Managing Director of Alpha Beta,Dapa Apara, raised an alarm they evaded N100 billion in tax and had his life threatened.

Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I have only one moniker. Stop spreading fake news!
Young man, you think we're dummies here?

How can a seemingly responsible & sane individual Open Over 160 TOPICS within 6months.?!! With topics on politicians!

And all you and your fellow monikers scream Tinubu every hour!

Ask yourself Will Tinubu ever have his son stay on social media doing this?

Grow up & get a life man!! Stop making a foool of yourself.

Men are making millions every hour/day, all you & your fellow monikers scream Tinubu, PMB, GEJ, etc

Some of us have been on this forum over 10yrs.. not sure my topics are up to 100.

Guy, give yourself brain o... Tinubu, PMB, PYO, etc ain't your enemy. You're your own enemy!
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2020
pineed:

Young man, you think we're dummies here?

How can a seemingly responsible & sane individual Open Over 160 TOPICS within 6months.?!! With topics on politicians!

And all you and your fellow monikers scream Tinubu every hour!

Ask yourself Will Tinubu ever have his son stay on social media doing this?

Grow up & get a life man!! Stop making a foool of yourself.

Men are making millions every hour/day, all you & your fellow monikers scream Tinubu, PMB, GEJ, etc

Some of us have been on this forum over 10yrs.. not sure my topics are up to 50.

Guy, give yourself brain o... Tinubu, PMB, PYO, etc ain't your enemy. You're your own enemy!
Tinubu,PMB,PYO made Nigeria the poverty and corruption capital of the world.
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by NigerianSage: 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2020
3Ceagle:

The civil service structure is not the best or the most efficient anywhere around the world so governments are forced to hire private tax collectors.

Private tax collectors are collecting taxes for the US IRS, the state of NY is using private tax collectors.

Tax collection is very important, it's the main catalyst for for the development and progress of any tax paying society so every available tax money must but collected to fund public works, roads, bridges, schools, hospitals, pay salary and vendors.

If private tax collectors are the best option, by all means hire them because you need than money.

AB in lagos is able to consistently deliver over N33 billion every month, more than 26 states in Nigeria combined so I think they deserve every kobo the state is paying them
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by NigerianSage: 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
pineed:

Smart again bro.

It's hard to comprehend how grown men wake up everyday to lust, obsess over Tinubu. Lagosians don't even care about Tinubu, only the jobless characters. They don't care or give a damn about Lagos state, their Tinubu and Lagos obsession is all about tribalism and bigotry.

Lagos should be the least of their concern considering the level of backwardness, lack of development and incompetent leadership in their own states that they don't care or talk about.
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by nedekid: 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
pineed:

Smart again bro.

You are wrong. Very wrong.
All you have to do is go through my profile and previous writeups. Compare how I write to the others. I certainly do not need to change or have many "monikas".

1 Like

Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by nedekid: 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
NigerianSage:

It's hard to comprehend how grown men wake up everyday to lust, obsess over Tinubu. Lagosians don't even care about Tinubu, only the jobless characters. They don't care or give a damn about Lagos state, their Tinubu and Lagos obsession is all about tribalism and bigotry.

Lagos should be the least of their concern considering the level of backwardness, lack of development and incompetent leadership in their own states that they don't care or talk about.

Who the hell is obsessed about tinubu?
You still do not the the gist. Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion.
For all you know, I probably have benefited from tinubu more than you have.
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by jrusky(m): 6:44pm On Aug 22, 2020
jamalnation:

But lago is a shit hole
no offense

And your state vomithole?
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by Bluntemperor: 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
kofomii:
Our Gov has not even done any road in Lagos since he took over. What is happening?

Please Bro ask and ask well, why not commission the roads infrastructural that is ready.Let them continue to embark on visitation and the On-line praise singers are having a field day!
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by jamalnation(m): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
jrusky:

And your state vomithole?

You don't have to take it personal. its a shit hole man! no offense

1 Like

Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by jrusky(m): 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
jamalnation:

You don't have to take it personal. its a shit hole man!
no offense

Trust me I'm not taken it personal but pls show us your state so we know which one shithole.
Re: Gov. Sanwo Olu Inspects Lagos Revenue House Building At Alausa (Pictures) by jamalnation(m): 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
jrusky:

Trust me I'm not taken it personal but pls show us your state so we know which one shithole.

You are not getting the full picture Nigeria is a shithole

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Somebody Must Be Lying About Dasuki - Vanguard / 2,000 Hired To Protest Against Service Chiefs On Monday — Presidency / FG Did Not Pay Us Any Ransom – Boko Haram On Released Dapchi Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.