Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,080 members, 7,852,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:29 PM

Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? (11350 Views)

2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Godons1: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
Obalatule:
Fat Yoruba Moslem

Igbo MUSLIM. I heard that the North has finally converted Governor Hope Uzodima to a Muslim, he is presently known as AlhajI Musa Bello. angry grin grin grin grin

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by sageb: 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
Anyiamaka:

Who is Asari Dokubo?
A drunk, disgruntled confusionist that is ideally no better than a condemned criminal begging for rehabilitation! .
Quote such a person at your own peril. Learn to listen to intellectuals not never-do-wells who take up arms for sinister objectives to gain notoriety and public discuss.
hahahahaha, okay i will listen to kingsley Moghalo. Kingsley moghalo once said "Igbos should stop ethnic noise making". Ijaws don't have Igbos time

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by paulemi(m): 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
SlayerForever:

Unfortunately this can not work. 2 Ohanaeze cannot exist. And Ohanaeze itself cannot exist freely in South South, because it is South South.

But there's a general assembly and there're state chapters. I'm talking about a chapter for the south-south Igbos. Unless you're saying it already exists. In that case, I would say they need to do a better job of putting up a united front in the region.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by mbos: 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
They say Jaja of Opobo is igbo, but he ruled over Ijaw people.
both own opobo as they are one people
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by paulemi(m): 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
kingzizzy:

So you dont know that the Secretary General of Ohanaeze is an Ikwerre man called Uche Okwukwu?
That's the general assembly. I'm talking about a chapter for the south-south Igbos, as there're state chapters in the south-east. An ikwerre man being the Secretary-General of ohaneze doesn't really mean much for the type of politics currently being played in the south-south.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Mraphel: 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
SLAP44:

The igala are a very strong tribe which you should talk about. The Igala is indegenous to 28 states, they might even be larger than the Yoruba which are in only 6 states.
Kindly mention the six Yoruba states pls

Yoruba are native in Nigeria,Togo, Benin
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bkayyy: 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Godons1:

Soludo in Igbo means, "follow Peace", but Soludo in Igala means "MAKE PEACE"

So this is where you are hiding.
Please Igbos that are not conversant with the history of igala, don't argue with this yoruba man. They are just trying to create enmity between the good people of Anambra and their half brothers, the Igala. Igala was founded by Onoja, the son Eri the founder of Nri in Igboland had with his second wife oboli. Onoja is the founder and the first Attah of Igala, that is why the people of Anambra are very peaceful with the 2% of Igala within us, we consider them our half brothers. That is why we allowed them safe passage to the east in the ancient times during their war with jukun

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Godons1: 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

So this is where you are hiding.
Please Igbos that are not conversant with the history of igala, don't argue with this yoruba man. They are just trying to create enmity between the good people of Anambra and their half brothers, the Igala. Igala was founded by Onoja, the son Eri the founder of Nri in Igboland had with his second wife oboli. Onoja is the founder and the first Attah of Igala, that is why the people of Anambra are very peaceful with the 2% of Igala within us, we consider them our half brothers. That is why we allowed them safe passage to the east in the ancient times during their war with jukun

The usual attach by force. You are trying so hard to drag Igalas to Igbo, that's why you are calling them your half Cousin. It's unfortunate that Anambara will never be part of Biafra (that's your fear). The hope of Biafra getting access to the Sea via Onitsha is now a Pipe dream. As the Igalas, who will never leave Nigeria for Biafra, will never allow us have access to the Sea.

Biafra is getting smaller by the day, with the exemption of Anambara. We now have Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu and Abia States that make up the proposed Biafra. Thank God I've relocate from Aba to the North in search of greener pasture. I plan never to be part of Biafra.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by LZAA: 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
imhotep:

Sai Igbo domination

cc lzaa
Gbam
Where is metaphysical

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bkayyy: 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
Godons1:

The usual attach by force. You are trying so hard to drag Igalas to Igbo, that's why you are calling them your half Cousin. It's unfortunate that Anambara will never be part of Biafra (that's your fear). The hope of Biafra getting access to the Sea via Onitsha is now a Pipe dream. As the Igalas, who will never leave Nigeria for Biafra, will never allow us have access to the Sea.

Biafra is getting smaller by the day, with the exemption of Anambara. We now have Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu and Abia States that make up the proposed Biafra. Thank God I've relocate from Aba to the North in search of greener pasture. I plan never to be part of Biafra.
LOL grin you think you can wish Igbos to oblivion from your slum on ogbomosho. You guys are funny.
Whether you and your kinsmen like it or not. Igala is an extension of Igbo and Eri's race. That is one thing about history, lies can't quench. Lie from today to tomorrow, Onoja cannot stop being the son of Eri, whether the Yorubas like it or not and Eri will not stop being an Igbo man, and Anambra will still be there to give you people hypertension

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by SLAP44: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
proeast:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Very funny dude grin grin grin grin

You may be speaking jargons and acting like the class clown, yet the truth continues to fall from your mouth.

From my own studies of some recently excavated scrolls, there is now a new and overwhelming evidence that ikwerres are not from Benin but actually Igala. Akalaka's father was the lost son of the Attah of Igala who ran away from Ogorimagongo in 3000BC. He later arrived in present day Aluu community where he established a camp and took up a new identity.

This new discovery is really causing serious tension and may pitch the Attah of Igala against the Oba of Benin as both struggle over the ownership of ikwerre and the surrounding areas stretching from Calabar in the East to Eko in the West.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Dedetwo(m): 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
IamWonderful:
Why are igboid running away from igbos like leper, yesterday it was ikwerre, sometimes ago it was anioma, very soon it will be inviable Ebonyi indigenes grin

The simple answer is either Shithole or Nigeria. Time will come when they will be crashing gates to answer Igbo.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Godons1: 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

LOL grin you think you can wish Igbos to oblivion from your slum on ogbomosho. You guys are funny.
Whether you and your kinsmen like it or not. Igala is an extension of Igbo and Eri's race. That is one thing about history, lies can't quench. Lie from today to tomorrow, Onoja cannot stop being the son of Eri, whether the Yorubas like it or not and Eri will not stop being an Igbo man, and Anambra will still be there to give you people hypertension

The truth pain this man well. grin grin grin grin grin

Anambara is Igala land.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by MsAllison(f): 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
Godons1:

Anambara is Igala land.
mynd44 lalasticlala seun oam4j
rule 1
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Obalatule: 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Godons1:

Anambara is Igala land.
So is Lagos Ogun ondo, only Osun and. Oyo are true Yeroba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nsiba: 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
eduj:

maybe adding ibibio would make you understand better.The place now called Arochukwu wasn't always Igbo land.it used to belong to the tribes across the river.The Aro Confederacy where famed for their military prowess and slave raiding across present day Abia,Imo,Akwaibom and cross River states.
Their are still mementos and relics from that period scattered across Abia North .

Honestly you are a Pri-ck, Arrochukwus that never saw any water how could they then now interact with the Europeans that only had dealings with people that owns the shore line?
Count yourself lucky that the Arros didn't supply your ancestors to my ancestors for onward shipment to the Caribbean, cause by now you will BS digging up crabs either in Jamaica or others
Arros,Abribas arent ordinary IBOs like you and Arrochukwu was lost by a small clan of Ibibio by the betrayal of the chiefs brother not Igbo's but fellow Ibibios, Akpas and IBO's
Which IBO stock are you so I will tell you where your kins were sent to?
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Bkayyy: 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
Godons1:

Anambara is Igala land.
Igala is still an extension of the great Igbos grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Graysons: 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
Rosyfina:

You’re itching for a reply smiley
Your issue with Bayelsans is not my concern tongue

You must be feeling like a demi goddess right? Relax, baysela people are not worth my time. undecided
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Graysons: 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
sageb:
loud it hahahahahaha. You guys should create 1,000 thread about Ijaws. We are not moved by Igbos propaganda. Concerning the matter, Jaja was sold to us. We groomed him and accultured him the same way Barack Obama became an American. Thereafter he had a quarrel with the Manillas and left to another nearby land to settle. Jaja went to Opobo with over 14 Bonny families. Ijaw nation knows their own and don't need Igbos validation. Ijaw is Igbos greatest nightmare in South South zone.

Are you normal? Who be ipob?
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Emyogalanya: 2:23am On Aug 28, 2020
Graysons:

You must be feeling like a demi goddess right? Relax, baysela people are not worth my time. undecided
Really?
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Emyogalanya: 2:24am On Aug 28, 2020
Graysons:

Really? Timaya must hear this
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 28, 2020
nsiba:

Honestly you are a Pri-ck, Arrochukwus that never saw any water how could they then now interact with the Europeans that only had dealings with people that owns the shore line?
Count yourself lucky that the Arros didn't supply your ancestors to my ancestors for onward shipment to the Caribbean, cause by now you will BS digging up crabs either in Jamaica or others
Arros,Abribas arent ordinary IBOs like you and Arrochukwu was lost by a small clan of Ibibio by the betrayal of the chiefs brother not Igbo's but fellow Ibibios, Akpas and IBO's
Which IBO stock are you so I will tell you where your kins were sent to?
sorry, be like I touched a nerve , you're a cu--t. Aro no see water ? don't you know about the river separating Abia north from the SS that empties into the Atlantic? please information is almost free this days-google is your friend.Stop trying to rewrite history because it doesn't show your ethnic group in a dominant position. seems like the smart ones among you were shipped to the caribbean �

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nsiba: 5:47am On Aug 28, 2020
eduj:

sorry, be like I touched a nerve , you're a cu--t. Aro no see water ? don't you know about the river separating Abia north from the SS that empties into the Atlantic? please information is almost free this days-google is your friend.Stop trying to rewrite history because it doesn't show your ethnic group in a dominant position. seems like the smart ones among you were shipped to the caribbean �

Touch which nerve? I don't like lose mouths that tells lies to pamper their years of boundage
How many ports were used during the time of slavery?
How long did the Europeans stay onboard their ships before slaves were brought to them?

If you don't know anything just keep shut, while some tribes chop goats meat and drank palmwine upandan during slave trade, others they run inside bush for their dear lives?
Which stock are you?
we don't use google we get manuscript's of those sold via Itu, Ikotabasi inland waterways to Calabar the Mother of all.
Google na for toodlers, I will give you information only Encyclopedia Britannica and Museums in England have in their archives

Lemme tell you again Arros never saw the Atlantic not to talk of Merchants, they only brought slaves from all over IBO land to slave merchants and returned back for more slaves...
They know their history and roots and the people they brought as slaves to us, tell me your stock of IBO?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by nengibo: 6:02am On Aug 28, 2020
Only an Igbo man would be so naive and stupid to ask this, Opobo is owned by Opobians and is not a property and has never been a property of any tribe, useless pigs
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 28, 2020
paulemi:

I don't know about those groups you mentioned being igbophobic, but if they are, then I agree rejecting them would be the best thing to do. But then, what about the other igbo groups in the region?

I believe all these politics around their identities, for most of these igbo groups in the south-south, is about survival. So far, they've never really had a united front and as such are individually perceived as minorities. It shouldn't be so.

Politics in the region is not like it is in the south-east. With the low-key distrust for anything Igbo and as long as these groups remain individual minorities, it'll remain political wisdom to deny their identities and join other larger groups in the region.

That's what happened in old Rivers State, when Bayelsa was part of Rivers State, the Ijaw were majority then. they divided them so bad that some started denying Igbo, they started having names of their tribes as different ethnic group.

They have created many ethnic group in Northern Rivers State and want to start calling them Igboid now.
Re: Igbo Or Ijaw, Who Owns Opobo? by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 28, 2020
Igboid:

In things fall apart novel, Okonkwo called Ezimma her Ogbanje daughter, a wicked daughter of Akalogili.

Our ancestors met these Humanoids in the rainforest, and might have been responsible for their extinction.
But no one has done much research on them and we don't have enough stories about them preserved and passed down to us.

You're right

https://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/99179973672/burning-palm-flower-man-burying-akalogoli-charm/amp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

NNPCL Now Sells Petrol At N194/litre As Scarcity Bites Harder / Court Dismisses Metu’s Request For Medical Trip To UK / Fela Durotoye Is A.n.n Presidential Candidate Not Olawepo Gbenga Hashim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.