Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects (57280 Views)

Letter To Efcc From Victims Of 86fb / Bank Insider Needed. .....bank / Student Impersonates Emir Sanusi, Demands N1.8m From Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Kendumazy(m): 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2020
[quote author=emperor863 post=93317223][/quote]

Buy a new sim or if you can get your sim card puk. Use it to set a sim lock security on your phone. If your phone get lost, if they remove the sim and insert it in another phone, the sim code will pop up. Since they don't know the sim code. They won't be able to have access to your account. If you can't get your puk number for your present sim. You can just get a new sim and attach it to your bank.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by barragan: 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
King44:
the person who scammed me called my bvn that I think it is only known by me and my bank. Why do banks make us believe that we are the only one who has access to our bvn in the first place?

Bvn is not meant to be a secret number.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by SexytorresE(f): 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2020
And u still look unkept ?
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Some phone users stupidly store their ATM pins in their phone contacts.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Legacyy(m): 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
Many days for the thief,one day for the owner.LAZY YOUTHS
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Annajapheth: 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
Won't forget how this guys nearly killed me after they withdrew my one million naira in less than two days, hope they get punished for this act.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by BELLISCOLLI: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
grin grin
Queenlovely:
Identities of the suspects are Daniel Asigbe, 25; Ikechukwu Aigbe, 25; Frank Opara, 21; Seun Dairo 19 and Goodness Ndukwe, 19.

in as much as name matters, demographics also matters
I am also an age checker associate.

the oldest is 25 the youngest is 19

there are more like these.

future criminals

I often wonder how Nigeria youth that can never agree together on a good thing can unite together to do the most fantastic crime, how 8 boys can just agree together to rape only one girl, it new I swear

bet9ja is what most youth believe in, from dawn to dusk, hoping to hit it big, that is how criminals start. wanting to use 100 naira to win 50 million, u see them with ticket as long as buhari penis and they want to win
are you Jesus Christ?
Babe you no well I swear see as I dey Laugh like mad man for road

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by God2man2again(m): 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
Youths wasting time to dupe people.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Annajapheth: 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
comshots:
Some phone users stupidly store their ATM pins in their phone contacts.
No ATM PIN was stored in the phone they stole from me talkless of BVN....I purposely don't store this pins for security reasons yet they still had their way.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Blissful20: 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
Serious Criminalism !
They have inside workers. Dey still dey pet them. By the time they are hooked dey go talk
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Tompson88: 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
Kendumazy:
Just set a sim code for your sim card. If they remove it and insert it into another phone, without them knowing the sim code. The sim is useless to them.
can't the code be formatted?
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Goldenfinger: 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
Golan007:

Banks don't host the database.

A 3rd party does.
.i dnt knw much abt dat o,bt i do knw wella dat wit bvn ur acct can be hacked.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Golan007: 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goldenfinger:
.i dnt knw much abt dat o,bt i do knw wella dat wit bvn ur acct can be hacked.

With BVN they might request a new PIN.

The procedure may be by passed if an insider has answers to the security questions that might be asked.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by AfonjaConehead: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
Their parents and families will be very proud of them......see that teenage girl self....
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by executive12: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
einsteine:

Oh ok.

Hopefully, it doesn't happen to you.

A woman recently lost 3 million that way.

Did she lock her sim?
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by AfonjaConehead: 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Journalist: sir ivartheMENTAL,what can you say about this topic?

IvarTheBoneless:
angry

Developers as usual. They go dey use fake afonja names.

"By their flat skulls, ye shalt know them"

Matthew 4 v 77

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by executive12: 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goldenfinger:
.bros i believe dat one,if they can generate ur pin from dat number written our atm card,then the boys can do anytin.do u knw they are blacksites that only hackers can get through n the software they sell 4 their na inside life,dnt fvck wit hackers o.

Yeah right. Story.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Goldenfinger: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
Golan007:

The procedure may be by passed if an insider has answers to the security questions that might be asked.
.bros my point dat am trying to prove is dat wit bvn,d hackers dont neccesarily need an insider.bvn give dem all the info dey need.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by executive12: 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goldenfinger:
.BVN can be used to change ur pin,n who told u banks dnt knw their customer pin

Banks do not know their customers' pin. If you divulged your pin to any bank staff, you better change your pin.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by executive12: 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goldenfinger:
.jst call me a freak for hacking.

Yeah right. If you can generate people's pins, you should be competing with Dangote by now.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by executive12: 3:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
King44:
the person who scammed me called my bvn that I think it is only known by me and my bank. Why do banks make us believe that we are the only one who has access to our bvn in the first place?

I am not aware of any bank telling their customers that only the customer and the bank know their BVN. But banks always warn their customers not to divulge their pins to anyone. Your bank will never ask for your pin. You are supposed to be the only one that knows your pin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 3:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
Kendumazy:
Just set a sim code for your sim card. If they remove it and insert it into another phone, without them knowing the sim code. The sim is useless to them.
After frauding such amount, they still look like this.
Lazy NIGERIA YOUTH INDEED.
Most times I wonder how people feel comfortable to Fraud their fellow human without remorse.
please 25yrs imprisoment will be nice.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
AfonjaConehead:
Their parents and families will be very proud of them......see that teenage girl self....

Atleast 25yrs in prison

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by JB4life: 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
May God have mercy on us..
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by executive12: 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
Golan007:

Not that easy because the bank will be legally liable. You can sue the bank. The bank will fish out the staff involved.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Goldenfinger: 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
executive12:

Yeah right. If you can generate people's pins, you should be competing with Dangote by now.
.guy i didnt say am a hacker o,i jst love hacking n read alot abt it.i jst do it for fun n it gives me a high edge wen am talking abt tech wit guys,i dnt even have a laptop talkless of hacking.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by JB4life: 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
*_Useful information from CBN against bank account hackers_*
In case you find yourself in the hands of 419, yahoo boys, or phone snatchers, that you think they may hack into your account for fund withdrawals. There is now a way out to stop debit transactions on your account by yourself. *Just be sure that you know your account number offhand or retrieve it where you might have written it (in case you don't know it offhand)
If it is your phone that is stolen just try and use any available cellphone from anyone else.

*Dial *966*911#*
Once you dial the code, it will prompt you with this message: *eaZybanking - Stop Debit Transactions*
Enter Account Number:

Enter your account number and press OK or Send. by doing this your account will be automatically frozen from any type of debit transactions immediately. You can no longer withdraw money until you go to the bank yourself.
*Pls share this information to other groups.*
Thank you.��

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by membranus: 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
ERockson:
We will start deporting these criminals to their developed red mudded states.

Stop it!!!

Yooba people no dey hold malice.

We are all brothers, let us stop fighting on Nairaland.

No government dey cause our fight.

Let us face government and fight them instead.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Golan007: 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
executive12:

Not that easy because the bank will be legally liable. You can sue the bank. The bank will fish out the staff involved.

Not if that's the insider we speak of.

Might even be a syndicate within the bank.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by frog12: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
Bank use phones for security nowadays. steal the phone, you have access to the account. BIG wahala.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by emperor863(m): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
Kendumazy:

Buy a new sim or if you can get your sim card puk. Use it to set a sim lock security on your phone. If your phone get lost, if they remove the sim and insert it in another phone, the sim code will pop up. Since they don't know the sim code. They won't be able to have access to your account. If you can't get your puk number for your present sim. You can just get a new sim and attach it to your bank.

Thanks. I have my sim pack so I'll set up the code immediately.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

16 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Delta By EFCC. See items recovered (Photos) / Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) / 'We Will Rape Omah Lay If We Catch Him' - Nigerian Slay Queens Threaten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.