Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,585 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060353 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by TeamclicksAir: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
Nicky01: Hello nairalanders am new here.my family and I went for an interview today and it was successful.i want to thank u all for the wonderful job well done.I actually learnt a lot from this thread which we used for the interview this morning.
Vo:hello
Dad:hi
Vo:u are taking thefamily on a vacation
Dad:yes
Vo:where r u going to
Dad;Dallas Texas
Vo: how long r u staying
Dad;10 days
Vo:would u be visting family or friends
Dad;friends
Vo:what do u do
Dadxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vo;how long have u worked there
Dad:28years
Vo:wow! (I must eat ure pension o)
Dad:okay
Vo:have the family travelled before
Dad: yes Dubai uk(severally) china
Vo:okay sir your visa has been approved pick up on Tuesday.
Thank u we all chorused...
It lasted about 2mins thank u all for u contributions it was very helpful.
Congrats.... More of this in the house.
Now proceed to fly on Virgin Airways grin grin grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adekunleoba: 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
@tzetzefly

Please do you have a very good immigration lawyer in USA, or any email address or contact details for UNITED STATE

CUSTOM AND IMMIGRATION SERVICE, needed urgently
Re: Usa Visit Visa by MSEdLAW(m): 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
tzetzefly:

All your reasons for visit are valid.

But more valid if you included on your DS-160, a planned attendance and walk-in information and group session at the University of Houston Law Centre in preparation for your LLM programme.

You need to have solid ties to Nigeria as well.

Thank you so much for your prompt response..
At this point do I still need to mention the visit to the University of Houston Law Centre since I didn't mention it in my DS-160 form?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
adekunleoba: @tzetzefly

Please do you have a very good immigration lawyer in USA, or any email address or contact details for UNITED STATE

CUSTOM AND IMMIGRATION SERVICE, needed urgently

No sir.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
MSEdLAW:

Thank you so much for your prompt response..
At this point do I still need to mention the visit to the University of Houston Law Centre since I didn't mention it in my DS-160 form?

You will have to.

Do fill another DS-160 and re-schedule your appointment (if you have already done so).
Re: Usa Visit Visa by x2lambo(m): 8:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
Thanks a lot appreciate you guys
tzetzefly:

Yes, if you possess a valid work permit with an extensive stay in South Africa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by MSEdLAW(m): 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
tzetzefly:

You will have to.

Do fill another DS-160 and re-schedule your appointment (if you have already done so).

Would i pay a refresh application fee to reschedule or I can use my current login details and reschedule?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Elkay007(m): 11:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hello house,I have been following this thread for while just thought I shld share my story to knw if I stand a chance going to the embassy again...well it started last year I went to the embassy for a b1-b2 visa going for a student conference but I was refused twice ,though then I was a part time student but married and into business ,while the agent fill me to be single..and now I want to go back to the embassy with my wife , two children and my motHer for a b1-b2 visa ,pls house do I start any chance with the V O,though my passport has been change Cos there was an error on that passport my name for my surname.so I now hv a new passport .pls I need your advice cos I want to go on a vacation with my family come December .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ajanlekoko0105(m): 6:05am On Sep 06, 2014
tzetzefly:

No document is required, you get to only defend what you fill on your DS-160.

Bro,we are preparing for our interview soon but one more thing I need to know..I have someone that want to help me with I.V so I apply as visitor...but I want to know which one do I and my wife stand better chance...as a visit or tourist?
Since we are not going with the kids
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sainaF: 6:55am On Sep 06, 2014
Hello NL I'm totally new here. Please tsetse I wanted to ask about my chances of getting a visa. I'm 28, I am engaged earn 120k per month. Been working for a year now in medical field. Want to apply for b1 b2 visa. I have a sister who is a us citizen a doctor. It is her I want to visit. She will send me an invite and be d sponsor please what are my chances God bless. Or should I be the sponsor?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omotolaaaa: 12:29am On Sep 07, 2014
Dear tzetzefly I was denied today under the usual 214(b) act, I am a student in the university here, and I intend to reapply, this time with another repackaging, i'll be staying with my friend in new York City, i'll be sponsored by my parents, what are my chances please. Advice on this * before I filled in atlanta and I don't know anyone there, but this time around I filled In where I know someone, I hope it pulls through
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 7:25am On Sep 07, 2014
@ Tzetzefly .........Pls I need your urgent advise . my wife and my daughter who is1yr 2 months old will be going for interview in Us embassy Lagos this month, my wife is a pharmacist and earns good pay while I work with a foremost financial institution, so we are financially ok, but none of us have traveled before, my wife got her passport before we got married and she has her maiden name on her passport which is not expiring any time soon, my daughter has my own name as her surname on her own passport and it's only d two of them(my wife and daughter) that will be going for the interview. Pls will news paper publication for change of name for my wife be a sufficient evidence to show she is the mother or does she need to go and get a new passport to reflect her marital name? Despite d fact that her passport is not expiring anytime soon.
Quick advise Pls.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
MSEdLAW:

Would i pay a refresh application fee to reschedule or I can use my current login details and reschedule?

No, you wont pay for a new application if the current version is unused and still valid.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
ajanlekoko0105:

Bro,we are preparing for our interview soon but one more thing I need to know..I have someone that want to help me with I.V so I apply as visitor...but I want to know which one do I and my wife stand better chance...as a visit or tourist?
Since we are not going with the kids

The IV is not necessary unless you're sure you can answer questions on your potential host.

Tourism is better.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
omotolaaaa: Dear tzetzefly I was denied today under the usual 214(b) act, I am a student in the university here, and I intend to reapply, this time with another repackaging, i'll be staying with my friend in new York City, i'll be sponsored by my parents, what are my chances please. Advice on this * before I filled in atlanta and I don't know anyone there, but this time around I filled In where I know someone, I hope it pulls through

Possibly you have no ties in anyway to your country. Their fears, i guess.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omotolaaaa: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
tzetzefly:

Possibly you have no ties in anyway to your country. Their fears, i guess.
isn't my education not enough ties to my country? Because as a student I learnt education is ties to your country, so what do you advise?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
omotolaaaa: isn't my education not enough ties to my country? Because as a student I learnt education is ties to your country, so what do you advise?

Education is not a sufficient tie by itself, the CO considers other factors to arrive at a decision.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omotolaaaa: 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
tzetzefly:

Education is not a sufficient tie by itself, the CO considers other factors to arrive at a decision.
so do you think I should still reapply?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
@Tzetzefly pls help me out with my questions. Many thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by SMARTRON: 11:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
@ Tzetzefly
i will like to apply for an american visa for me and my family, of which my wife's cousin as already invited us, although we where refused last march after we where asked if we are going to have baby in the state, she also asked if we have ever travelled together as family i told her no even though me and my wife was in south africa last year, and i was also in the london in 2012. i told her we have never travelled as family since we had our baby. i will like you to advise me on what to do to get it right this time around. regards
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Elkay007: Hello house,I have been following this thread for while just thought I shld share my story to knw if I stand a chance going to the embassy again...well it started last year I went to the embassy for a b1-b2 visa going for a student conference but I was refused twice ,though then I was a part time student but married and into business ,while the agent fill me to be single..and now I want to go back to the embassy with my wife , two children and my motHer for a b1-b2 visa ,pls house do I start any chance with the V O,though my passport has been change Cos there was an error on that passport my name for my surname.so I now hv a new passport .pls I need your advice cos I want to go on a vacation with my family come December .

If you tell the TRUTH, it shall set you free.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
omotolaaaa: so do you think I should still reapply?

I may be wrong, but you seem not to have a cogent reason for travel at this time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mofella: @Tzetzefly pls help me out with my questions. Many thanks.

What is your question?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
SMARTRON: @ Tzetzefly
i will like to apply for an american visa for me and my family, of which my wife's cousin as already invited us, although we where refused last march after we where asked if we are going to have baby in the state, she also asked if we have ever travelled together as family i told her no even though me and my wife was in south africa last year, and i was also in the london in 2012. i told her we have never travelled as family since we had our baby. i will like you to advise me on what to do to get it right this time around. regards

Is your wife expectant?

And i wont advise you apply with an invite from your inlaws.

Travel via tourism with places of interest and enough funds as proof.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
tzetzefly:

What is your question?

@ Tzetzefly .........Pls I need your urgent advise . my wife and my daughter who is1yr 2 months old will be going for interview in Us embassy Lagos this month, my wife is a pharmacist and earns good pay while I work with a foremost financial institution, but none of us have travelled before, my wife got her passport before we got married and she has her maiden name on her passport which is not expiring any time soon, my daughter has my own name as her surname on her own passport and it's only d two of them(my wife and daughter) that will be going for the interview. Pls will news paper publication for change of name for my wife be a sufficient evidence to show she is the mother or does she need to go and get a new passport to reflect her marital name? Despite d fact that her passport is not expiring anytime soon.
Quick advise Pls.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mofella:

@ Tzetzefly .........Pls I need your urgent advise . my wife and my daughter who is1yr 2 months old will be going for interview in Us embassy Lagos this month, my wife is a pharmacist and earns good pay while I work with a foremost financial institution, but none of us have travelled before, my wife got her passport before we got married and she has her maiden name on her passport which is not expiring any time soon, my daughter has my own name as her surname on her own passport and it's only d two of them(my wife and daughter) that will be going for the interview. Pls will news paper publication for change of name for my wife be a sufficient evidence to show she is the mother or does she need to go and get a new passport to reflect her marital name? Despite d fact that her passport is not expiring anytime soon.
Quick advise Pls.

She can apply with her maiden name.

The newspaper publication will suffice.

Any other info required, she should be able to explain to the CO.

Since she has her ties intact, she will be good to go.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by SMARTRON: 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
tzetzefly:

Is your wife expectant?

And i wont advise you apply with an invite from your inlaws.

Travel via tourism with places of interest and enough funds as proof.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your words of encouragement. my wife is not expectant and my wife's cousin was actually the same person that invited us for our last application which was denied. I hope our claim this time around as a tourist will not be a contradiction of our previous application? And if we are to apply as a tourist what is your definition of enough funds and kindly give advice on like places we should mention.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
SMARTRON:

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your words of encouragement. my wife is not expectant and my wife's cousin was actually the same person that invited us for our last application which was denied. I hope our claim this time around as a tourist will not be a contradiction of our previous application? And if we are to apply as a tourist what is your definition of enough funds and kindly give advice on like places we should mention.
If you can give a script about how your last interview went, we might be able to advise appropriately.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by SMARTRON: 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
tzetzefly:
If you can give a script about how your last interview went, we might be able to advise appropriately.

It was a 6:30am appointment and it goes thus:
ME/my wife: Good morning
VO: morning, what is your purpose of visit
Me: vacation to visit my wife cousin
VO: For how long
ME: 10days
VO: Have ever travelled before?
Me: yes
VO: is wife pregnant?
Me: no, our child is still barely a baby
VO: does any of you intend seeking medical in the states
Me: no
VO: do you intend having baby in the states
Me: no,
VO: what do you?
Me: I work with an oil and gas company and my is a teacher both here in Lagos
VO: have you ever travelled as a family?
Me: no, I was in Malaysia in 2009, UK 2012 and I and my wife were in South Africa last year and we all are yet to travel since we had our baby.
VO: sorry you are not eligible this time am going to give back your passport and this paper.
End.
A white paper was handed over to us with our passports. Although I have a cancel UK entry stamp on my passport which she never mentioned anything about.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
SMARTRON:
It was a 6:30am appointment and it goes thus:
ME/my wife: Good morning
VO: morning, what is your purpose of visit
Me: vacation to visit my wife cousin
VO: For how long
ME: 10days
VO: Have ever travelled before?
Me: yes
VO: is wife pregnant?
Me: no, our child is still barely a baby
VO: does any of you intend seeking medical in the states
Me: no
VO: do you intend having baby in the states
Me: no,
VO: what do you?
Me: I work with an oil and gas company and my is a teacher both here in Lagos
VO: have you ever travelled as a family?
Me: no, I was in Malaysia in 2009, UK 2012 and I and my wife were in South Africa last year and we all are yet to travel since we had our baby.
VO: sorry you are not eligible this time am going to give back your passport and this paper.
End.
A white paper was handed over to us with our passports. Although I have a cancel UK entry stamp on my passport which she never mentioned anything about.

Observation made from your write up above, you seem to answer to questions you're not asked, this is a negative to your interview.

And you answered wrong about travelling as a family. From your post, you have actually done this before with your wife to South Africa.

Give it a break and apply later. Travel with your wife someplace else.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
pls nairalanders, can i change my b1/b2 visa status to f1 while in the usa? i visited the usa on the platform of b1/b2 and upon arrival, saw a school where i can do my masters... can i change my visa status right away by paying the school tution fee or i shlould come and apply for the f1 visa from nigeria
your contributions will be highly appreciated
Re: Usa Visit Visa by filcast(m): 2:41am On Sep 09, 2014
Hello house,pls what kind of bank account is more suitable for US visa application-savings or current?
I want to open an account for my salary such that I can use it for visa application in the future.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.