Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060343 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by empro07: 2:53am On Sep 09, 2014
tzetzefly and others could you pls advice on the below

I,my wife and my baby of 2 years old intends to travel to the USA by December for holiday(Tourism)7 days

We got married in 2010 and which my wife has been travelling to Dubai for business since 2008,in the year 2011 she got employed in Dubai and got her residence visa which she worked for just 8 months or 1 year and then resigned from her work and returned back to Nigeria where she had her baby and then we both proceeded to start our own registered business here in Nigeria which both of us are partners(EVENT CENTRE & RESTAURANT)thou i visited Dubai twice in 2011 when she was still working but i lost my passport to a robbery incident.(I DO NOT HAVE A RECORD OF BEEN TO DUBAI IN 2011)

In the year 2012 i got another passport and then traveled to Dubai twice in they year 2013(I STILL HAVE THE PASSPORT)

What are our chances travelling as a family to the USA by December we plan to submit my own bank statement which would be around 3.5million naira

Besides my own statement of account as the sponsor for the family trip would we need to submit my wife's bank statement?

We plan to also submit evidence of our landed property where we run our business

And should i mention that i was in Dubai twice in 2011 but i have no evidence to prove i was there as i lost my passport before getting another in 2012 and then traveled twice to Dubai in 2013..

Our fear is if i refuse to mention or inform that i was in Dubai in 2011,what if the VO ask how she got pregnant in 2011 if she was in Dubai working while i was in Nigeria..thou we are also thinking that since her passport is so full of Dubai stamps/visas as she's been going since 2008 and then Dubai residence,about 4 times she visited Kenya with visas and then entry and exit stamps of Togo,Ghana and Benin rep..we are thinking they might not be able to acknowledge when or how she got pregnant.(MY WIFE STILL RETAINS HER OLD PASSPORT)

We await your advise

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:49am On Sep 09, 2014
empro07: tzetzefly and others could you pls advice on the below

I,my wife and my baby of 2 years old intends to travel to the USA by December for holiday(Tourism)7 days

We got married in 2010 and which my wife has been travelling to Dubai for business since 2008,in the year 2011 she got employed in Dubai and got her residence visa which she worked for just 8 months or 1 year and then resigned from her work and returned back to Nigeria where she had her baby and then we both proceeded to start our own registered business here in Nigeria which both of us are partners(EVENT CENTRE & RESTAURANT)thou i visited Dubai twice in 2011 when she was still working but i lost my passport to a robbery incident.(I DO NOT HAVE A RECORD OF BEEN TO DUBAI IN 2011)

In the year 2012 i got another passport and then traveled to Dubai twice in they year 2013(I STILL HAVE THE PASSPORT)

What are our chances travelling as a family to the USA by December we plan to submit my own bank statement which would be around 3.5million naira

Besides my own statement of account as the sponsor for the family trip would we need to submit my wife's bank statement?

We plan to also submit evidence of our landed property where we run our business

And should i mention that i was in Dubai twice in 2011 but i have no evidence to prove i was there as i lost my passport before getting another in 2012 and then traveled twice to Dubai in 2013..

Our fear is if i refuse to mention or inform that i was in Dubai in 2011,what if the VO ask how she got pregnant in 2011 if she was in Dubai working while i was in Nigeria..thou we are also thinking that since her passport is so full of Dubai stamps/visas as she's been going since 2008 and then Dubai residence,about 4 times she visited Kenya with visas and then entry and exit stamps of Togo,Ghana and Benin rep..we are thinking they might not be able to acknowledge when or how she got pregnant.(MY WIFE STILL RETAINS HER OLD PASSPORT)

We await your advise

Thanks

First, the consulars base their opinion on what they see and not what is presumed. Your passport is lost and that is that: meaning you dont have a proof of travel in 2011.

Except you have any or all of: bus pass, boarding pass, stamped UAE e-visa slips, hotel booking receipts etc for 2011, you cannot convince anyone of your trip back then.

Your wife has nothing to fear. How and where she got pregnant, is nobody's business. The business of the VO is if she is pregnant now and what her plans are for delivery.

Have a solid itinerary for a holiday in one or more cities in the States and turn up confident for your interview, you should be good to go.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by empro07: 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Thank you tsetse fly...in summary should I just basiclly don't mention anything about 2011 dubai trip...since I do not ave any of d proo to support...thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ramzolly: 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hi tzetzefly. Iv been following through with your posts and i would like to seek your advice. I intend to travel to the US for christmas holiday. Im 29 years old. I work with a reputable bank in Abuja and im also engaged. I applied for a US visa in May last year for vacation and also to attend a relative's graduation but was denied after the lady asked me if i was married and if i have been out of the country before. All responses were in the negative. Also, at the time, my salary was 104k,she also asked me that question too. But now, i earn a salary of 239k because i was promoted last year after the interview. I have been to Paris, dubai and UK. Please what are my chances? And is it a problem that i would not be travelling with my fiancee? I intend to spend 7nights in the US.I am still filling out my ds-160 and i realise my form doesnt come with the question of places i intend to visit and countries visited in past 5years. My guess is..it isnt same question even for everyone in bi/b2 category.Kindly advice. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ramzolly: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
Im female...sorry did not mention that
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ramzolly: Hi tzetzefly. Iv been following through with your posts and i would like to seek your advice. I intend to travel to the US for christmas holiday. Im 29 years old. I work with a reputable bank in Abuja and im also engaged. I applied for a US visa in May last year for vacation and also to attend a relative's graduation but was denied after the lady asked me if i was married and if i have been out of the country before. All responses were in the negative. Also, at the time, my salary was 104k,she also asked me that question too. But now, i earn a salary of 239k because i was promoted last year after the interview. I have been to Paris, dubai and UK. Please what are my chances? And is it a problem that i would not be travelling with my fiancee? I intend to spend 7nights in the US.I am still filling out my ds-160 and i realise my form doesnt come with the question of places i intend to visit and countries visited in past 5years. My guess is..it isnt same question even for everyone in bi/b2 category.Kindly advice. Thanks

To start with, ''have you traveled to any countries within the last five years'' is under the column (work/ education/training) from the drop down, click on ''additional'' as stated to view that information.

Your economic circumstance has changed couple with your travel history. You should be fine for now if you are very confident during your next interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
I've noticed the question "have you travelled to any country in the last 5 years?" Does not pop up when its a female's application. I wasn't asked. Most females I know were not asked.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babyspice: 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
I think that occurs if you make a family application with your spouse. I may be wrong and it may be for security purposes.
Phema: I've noticed the question "have you travelled to any country in the last 5 years?" Does not pop up when its a female's application. I wasn't asked. Most females I know were not asked.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
babyspice: I think that occurs if you make a family application with your spouse. I may be wrong and it may be for security purposes.

Mine wasn't a family application and I wasn't asked.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babyspice: 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
Phema:

Mine wasn't a family application and I wasn't asked.

Must be a guy thing then. Anyways who can complain about answering Fewer questions :-)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
babyspice:
Must be a guy thing then. Anyways who can complain about answering Fewer questions :-)

I can't be caught dead complaining. grin. Male's DS 160 forms are usually more detailed than the female's.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by IyawoToBe(f): 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hello all. For those who applied and was granted visa as a family, do we have to fill the proxy form to collect your passport? We were given just one collection form, so I want to know if I am expected to sign the proxy form since my hubby was the primary applicant.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by IyawoToBe(f): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
Phema
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ramzolly: 6:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
tzetzefly:

To start with, ''have you traveled to any countries within the last five years'' is under the column (work/ education/training) from the drop down, click on ''additional'' as stated to view that information.

Your economic circumstance has changed couple with your travel history. You should be fine for now if you are very confident during your next interview.
Ok thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
tzetzefly:

She can apply with her maiden name.

The newspaper publication will suffice.

Any other info required, she should be able to explain to the CO.

Since she has her ties intact, she will be good to go.

@ Tzetzefly..... thanks a lot for your response am extremely grateful. God bless you in all areas of your life in Jesus Name.. Amen
Re: Usa Visit Visa by empro07: 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tsetsefly...I just read your reply again and with your first phrase I think I have my answer.......thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
hello tzetzefly and others, pls help me. i got my b1b2 visa 3 months ago and i went to the usa just for 7 days and returned. now my wife and kids are planning visiting the usa too for an uncles wedding..... i have 2 kids, ages 3 and 5, together with my wife , they re desiring going to the usa for the wedding, i cannot attend the wedding because i will be busy at work... i want to ask;; do i have to follow them for the interview? i wish i can follow them and speak for them at the interview. is that possible
Re: Usa Visit Visa by TeamclicksAir: 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
tayoamos: hello tzetzefly and others, pls help me. i got my b1b2 visa 3 months ago and i went to the usa just for 7 days and returned. now my wife and kids are planning visiting the usa too for an uncles wedding..... i have 2 kids, ages 3 and 5, together with my wife , they re desiring going to the usa for the wedding, i cannot attend the wedding because i will be busy at work... i want to ask;; do i have to follow them for the interview? i wish i can follow them and speak for them at the interview. is that possible
No you don't have to go with them.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VCTROKOYE: 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hi. I am presently studying in Canada. Sometime last year when my visa was about 6 months to expire, I went to US embassy here in Canada for b1/b2 visa, but I was denied. The consular officer only asked me few questions and drew a conclusion that I was not qualified. He asked if I had someone in Canada and I replied no. He also asked about my parents residence. But my dad is late while my mum stays presently in US as a permanent resident. Anyway I gave him the right answer. He typed for a while and he told me that I was not qualified. He told me that he did not have anything against me and that I could re-apply. But he advised me to allow my situation to change before doing so.
I know my mum had applied for my f2b visa which is for green card. My brother and my sisters are living in US as citizens. But then, I have traveled to UK on three different occasions although it was even before I traveled to Canada for my education. Right now, I have extended my study permit by two years and I'm about to extend my visa too. Please, do you think that my situation has changed? How to I convince the VO that I will come back. I showed him my transcript although the program was approaching the end. The VOs don't allow applicants to defend themselves. They only ask few questions and base their decisions on them.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 11:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
ok thank you very much and one more thing please, with my b1b2 visa, can i change it to a student f1 visa legally?during my last visit to the usa, i went to visit a friend in a particular university in the usa in which i like their masters programme so much. how can i go about getting an f1 visa to study my masters there and also to bring my wife and kids to me so that i will be able to concentrate on the programme
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 10, 2014
tayoamos: ok thank you very much and one more thing please, with my b1b2 visa, can i change it to a student f1 visa legally?during my last visit to the usa, i went to visit a friend in a particular university in the usa in which i like their masters programme so much. how can i go about getting an f1 visa to study my masters there and also to bring my wife and kids to me so that i will be able to concentrate on the programme

You can not change a B1B2 visa to F1. You will have to apply for an F1 visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 10, 2014
VCTROKOYE: Hi. I am presently studying in Canada. Sometime last year when my visa was about 6 months to expire, I went to US embassy here in Canada for b1/b2 visa, but I was denied. The consular officer only asked me few questions and drew a conclusion that I was not qualified. He asked if I had someone in Canada and I replied no. He also asked about my parents residence. But my dad is late while my mum stays presently in US as a permanent resident. Anyway I gave him the right answer. He typed for a while and he told me that I was not qualified. He told me that he did not have anything against me and that I could re-apply. But he advised me to allow my situation to change before doing so.
I know my mum had applied for my f2b visa which is for green card. My brother and my sisters are living in US as citizens. But then, I have traveled to UK on three different occasions although it was even before I traveled to Canada for my education. Right now, I have extended my study permit by two years and I'm about to extend my visa too. Please, do you think that my situation has changed? How to I convince the VO that I will come back. I showed him my transcript although the program was approaching the end. The VOs don't allow applicants to defend themselves. They only ask few questions and base their decisions on them.

It will be very difficult for you to get a non immigrant visa when you have a pending immigrant petition. They already feel you have an immigration intent. So no amount of "ties back home" will suffice.

Goodluck though.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sayoberry(f): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
@Tzetzefly........ Please do you have a testimony of anyone who has never travelled out before but applied for US B1/B2 visa and was given on a virgin passport. Kindly respond pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Emblem(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hello tzetzefly,

My interview is next week and i will like to know my chances of getting a visa. I am going to houston to visit my best friend for a period of 14 days. I couldn't make it to his wedding due to my busy schedule at work. But right now, i am on leave. I am married but intend going alone, i have a good job. Pls what are my chances of securing a visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mofella: @Tzetzefly........ Please do you have a testimony of anyone who has never travelled out before but applied for US B1/B2 visa and was given on a virgin passport. Kindly respond pls

Quite a lot. A virgin passport so to say, does not prevent a visa issuance. A lack of home ties does.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
Emblem: Hello tzetzefly,

My interview is next week and i will like to know my chances of getting a visa. I am going to houston to visit my best friend for a period of 14 days. I couldn't make it to his wedding due to my busy schedule at work. But right now, i am on leave. I am married but intend going alone, i have a good job. Pls what are my chances of securing a visa.

Your home tie and the knowledge about your friend will count toward your visa success.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
tzetzefly:

Quite a lot. A virgin passport so to say, does not prevent a visa issuance. A lack of home ties does.

Many thanks bro, i really appreciate.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by passionup11: 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hello guys, I need your responses abeg.i am days away from my interview
I also want to guided on salary . i earn a specific amount as gross salary. when all of my loans are deducted, i earn a particular amount. i also receive allowances and payments for traveling expenses which are paid weekly, monthly(depending on how busy i travel within nigeria ) and quarterly allowances . How do i represent these as my earnings. Should i just reflect my net amount as salary earned or how do i incorporate the allowances earned as my earning in the Visa Application form. An explanation form an experienced person is urgently needed. abeg. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mofella: @Tzetzefly........ Please do you have a testimony of anyone who has never travelled out before but applied for US B1/B2 visa and was given on a virgin passport. Kindly respond pls
Alot of people in that category, including me
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sean009: 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hello house
I'm an MBA student in dubai
Is it possible for me to apply for a us visit visa from dubai
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Emblem(m): 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
tzetzefly:

Your home tie and the knowledge about your friend will count toward your visa success.

Thanks for ur reply. I think the fact that my wife is here and i av a good job with a good pay is enough tie. As for my friend, i know him very well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.