Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,702 members, 7,955,647 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:54 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1071650 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by bj2012golf(m): 11:34am On Nov 14, 2014
Hi

Please what how do I go about renewing my US B1/B2 visa? Do I need to complete the DS 160 form? If yes, do I go to the schedule appointment portal? Please the steps are needed

Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by odare34(f): 1:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
[quote author=TheCongo post=27982395]

Am not married,what am asking is the last time i applied the agent that helped me filled in my ds-160 form that am married, should i just leave it that way when next i want to apply.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2014
odare34:

Am not married,what am asking is the last time i applied the agent that helped me filled in my ds-160 form that am married, should i just leave it that way when next i want to apply.

I truly don't know what to tell you on this one given that it is a little bit tricky.
If you put on your new application that you never been married, then it would contradict the previous application. This inconsistency may lead to a ban.

You may always put the truth in the new form and if the v.o. raise the issue then you may give an explanation. Then, it will be up to the v.o. to buy it or not.

If I were you, I would just be consistent with the previous application. Then again, that is me.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wildcunter(m): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2014
tzetzefly:

2years is sufficient time to have a change in circumstance. If you have a solid economic situation back home to return to, then you should have nothing to worry about.

Yeah situatin has changed but I was thinking my F1 visa denials will affect my B1/B2 visa chances.Do you think it will be an issue.please comments.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by odare34(f): 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2014
TheCongo:

I truly don't know what to tell you on this one given that it is a little bit tricky.
If you put on your new application that you never been married, then it would contradict the previous application. This inconsistency may lead to a ban.

You may always put the truth in the new form and if the v.o. raise the issue then you may give an explanation. Then, it will be up to the v.o. to buy it or not.

If I were you, I would just be consistent with the previous application. Then again, that is me.
thanks congo i think i will just be consistent with the previous application then.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
odare34:

thanks congo i think i will just be consistent with the previous application then.

You welcome my dear.
By the way, it is TheCongo and not congo smiley

Bonne chance
Re: Usa Visit Visa by events0007: 6:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
Please i need Help: I am a 27yrs old 400level student of library studies in one of the federal university in the East,. I saw A conference about library science that will be done in USA by March 2015, i really intend to pay for the conference and book for the accomodation but please ,after all these what is the NEXT THING for me to Do!! To proceed?? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2014
wildcunter:

Yeah situatin has changed but I was thinking my F1 visa denials will affect my B1/B2 visa chances.Do you think it will be an issue.please comments.

Every circumstance is treated differently from previous situations. What happened in the past may not be used against your present application only if previously you did not tender questionable documents.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by exboyega: 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
Hi guys,I've been followin this thread for over a year nw n I'd neva commented,I decided to giv it ashot abt 2mnths bak,which I have paid for visa fee n succeded in booking an AP 2ru an agent......my P is dat I missed d appointment date which was scheduled for last august....and I missed d appointment due to my tight schedule at work.....my question nw is can I book another appointement without paying anoda visa fee or I shud go ahead and pay anoda visa fee? And question2 do I still need 2 fill anoda form 160? Cos I cudnt update d previous one....I wil b waitin for d gurus in d house to answer ma question....God bless u all
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2014
exboyega:
Hi guys,I've been followin this thread for over a year nw n I'd neva commented,I decided to giv it ashot abt 2mnths bak,which I have paid for visa fee n succeded in booking an AP 2ru an agent......my P is dat I missed d appointment date which was scheduled for last august....and I missed d appointment due to my tight schedule at work.....my question nw is can I book another appointement without paying anoda visa fee or I shud go ahead and pay anoda visa fee? And question2 do I still need 2 fill anoda form 160? Cos I cudnt update d previous one....I wil b waitin for d gurus in d house to answer ma question....God bless u all

You should have rescheduled to a later date. As it is now, you will have to pay new fees and fill the form all over again as the other has been rendered invalid.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
Hello guys,
I have been following this thread and will like to ask for your advise

I and my husband will like to apply for visit (10 days)visa to the usa this Christmas for holidays:
1. Hubby has been to the Uk once in 2010
2. We Both travelled to Ghana in 2012
3.We both travelled to uae this August
4. We intend to use our joint fund savings balance for the trip abt 1.5m
5. We both work with a combined monthly income of 400k aside bonuses(salary accnts avail)

Question is:
1.Is it possble to get an interview date between now n the 15th dec considering our vacation is xmas to new year
2.are we good to go with these info?

Pls your urgent advise will be appreciated.

Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
^^^ You should be fine. Please apply ASAP as most times, the first available date is usually 4weeks from the date the interview is scheduled.

You could be very lucky to get a closer date though. But it seldom happens.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2014
Phema, have you left the shores of Nigeria yet? which city you in/headed?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 11:11pm On Nov 15, 2014
If you are single, say you are single. This things have a way of catching up with us.

odare34:
Goodday everyone,this is a good thread i must say.the first time i applied for a visa was in 2012 and it was an agent that helped me and i was denied,the second time too i was denied but the issue is in my last ds-160 form the agent filled in the form that i am married.am planning to reapply next year please what are my chances as i wont be able to change anything on my ds-160 form.please i need an urgent reply.thanks house
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 16, 2014
jennykadry:
Phema, have you left the shores of Nigeria yet? which city you in/headed?

Hello Ma'am, will be leaving soon. Headed for Phoenix, AZ.

Hope you're doing aii?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by bijouxcutey(f): 5:53am On Nov 16, 2014
Hi everyone..hubby and I have a valid B1/B2 visa,but out 2 kids don't have yet,except out last baby the 3rd who is a citizen of the US. Please can the good people of this forum assist me on how to get the other of our two kids visit visa too? Do we take them to the embassy? Or can we just use a drop box? 2. My hubby has his valid visa,but hasn't travelled due to the nature of his job. We are looking forward to him traveling before the visa expires. I asked this cos someone said if not used before the first 6months of issue,it can count against someone at renewal. How true is this?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bijouxcutey(f): 5:54am On Nov 16, 2014
Hi everyone..hubby and I have a valid B1/B2 visa,but out 2 kids don't have yet,except out last baby the 3rd who is a citizen of the US. Please can the good people of this forum assist me on how to get the other of our two kids visit visa too? Do we take them to the embassy? Or can we just use a drop box? 2. My hubby has his valid visa,but hasn't been able to travel due to the nature of his job. We are looking forward to him traveling before the visa expires. I asked this cos someone said if not used before the first 6months of issue,it can count against someone at renewal. How true is this?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tony2more: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2014
TheCongo:

I will advice you to leave it like that get a wedding certificate from registry in case the VO ask for the evidence of been married.....mind you married applicant get more chance than single ones cos they believe you have family back home here that u can't runaway. Best of luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2014
tony2more:
I will advice you to leave it like that get a wedding certificate from registry in case the VO ask for the evidence of been married.....mind you married applicant get more chance than single ones cos they believe you have family back home here that u can't runaway. Best of luck

Huh? Get a wedding certificate from Court when he's not married? So what happens when he eventually wants to get married? He will divorce the imaginary wife? Or claim he has 2 wives? Hmmn. . .

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
tony2more:

Don't use this thread to encourage fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tony2more: 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
justwise:

please don't misquote me abeg am nt encouraging fraud jst to let her maintain is marital status with embassy based on his previous application.thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
tony2more:
please don't misquote me abeg am nt encouraging fraud jst to let her maintain is marital status with embassy based on his previous application.thanks

Yes its fraud and your post is encouraging that.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tony2more: 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
justwise:

it is not bro......I don't have mind of fraud and I will never encourage that!!!!

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
justwise:

Sorry justwise, I am the one who initially advised odare34 to be consistent with her previous application made by an agent by telling the v.o she is married when actually she isn't married. Okay, I understand that type of advice aren't encouraged in this forum. Therefore, I would like to present my apologies.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
TheCongo:

Sorry justwise, I am the one who initially advised odare34 to be consistent with her previous application made by an agent by telling the v.o she is married when actually she isn't married. Okay, I understand that type of advice aren't encouraged in this forum. Therefore, I would like to present my apologies.

I was not actually referring to your post, was referring to the person who quoted you and made that comment.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
Just return from the US after a 2 week business and holiday visits. I travelled to New Orleans and Dallas. My experiences shows that visiting the US is not cheap. Hotel accommodation alone can set you back at least $1000 for a modest place with breakfast included for 5 days. In Dallas, my cousin took me out to where Nigerian hangout on Saturdays and I met some of them and interacted with them. Their major complain about home was Power and security. A Nigerian I met at a conference in New Orleans vowed not to return back to Nigeria, unless they make him a Governor of a state, as the last time he visited, he was robbed at gun point at 2.00am. That corruption is too much and Nigerian are good at killing youth talents. From my brief stay, I can say that if you are planning of overstaying in the US on a BI/B2 visa, be prepared for hard time, no matter what your host will tell you, he can only accommodate you if you share the bills. Nothing is free in the US, you have to pay for almost everything you need. My cousin, went to the US in 1998 through the visa lottery as a graduate, it took him 10 good years to find his feet, he needed to go back to school to be able to have a good job. Jobs are not stable, you can be fired at any time or laid off. My cousin has not been working for over a year now since he was laid off from a Bank. He had to sell his 4 bedroom duplex house and moved into a one-room apartment with his wife and daughter. He now run a braiding salon, and have gone back to school to obtain certifications in hair making and in pipeline inspection for gas and oil. He told me that having spent close to 17 years in the US, he can offer some advise to those planning to relocate to the US. If you have the ball to endure hardship then you can achieve your dream in America. American do care about who you are, but what you can offer. I am sharing this in nairaland to those applying for US visa, to know that unless they have a very good reason to go the US, it is better back home here.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
justwise:

I agree with you Justwise. Beside the VO hardly request for document, as they must have done their background check, if you do not have a strong reason for going to the US, your application will be refused, even if you have been married for 50 years. I suggest that applicant stay for now until he/she is married and have a strong tie to Nigeria.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
ekpotek:
Just return from the US after a 2 week business and holiday visits. I travelled to New Orleans and Dallas. My experiences shows that visiting the US is not cheap. Hotel accommodation alone can set you back at least $1000 for a modest place with breakfast included for 5 days. In Dallas, my cousin took me out to where Nigerian hangout on Saturdays and I met some of them and interacted with them. Their major complain about home was Power and security. A Nigerian I met at a conference in New Orleans vowed not to return back to Nigeria, unless they make him a Governor of a state, as the last time he visited, he was robbed at gun point at 2.00am. That corruption is too much and Nigerian are good at killing youth talents. From my brief stay, I can say that if you are planning of overstaying in the US on a BI/B2 visa, be prepared for hard time, no matter what your host will tell you, he can only accommodate you if you share the bills. Nothing is free in the US, you have to pay for almost everything you need. My cousin, went to the US in 1998 through the visa lottery as a graduate, it took him 10 good years to find his feet, he needed to go back to school to be able to have a good job. Jobs are not stable, you can be fired at any time or laid off. My cousin has not been working for over a year now since he was laid off from a Bank. He had to sell his 4 bedroom duplex house and moved into a one-room apartment with his wife and daughter. He now run a braiding salon, and have gone back to school to obtain certifications in hair making and in pipeline inspection for gas and oil. He told me that having spent close to 17 years in the US, he can offer some advise to those planning to relocate to the US. If you have the ball to endure hardship then you can achieve your dream in America. American do care about who you are, but what you can offer. I am sharing this in nairaland to those applying for US visa, to know that unless they have a very good reason to go the US, it is better back home here.

Great post. You should have started a new thread for visibility.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
TheCongo:

Great post. You should have started a new thread for visibility.

Very insightful indeed. I also agree with you here he needs to start a new thread.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
Phema:

Hello Ma'am, will be leaving soon. Headed for Phoenix, AZ.

Hope you're doing aii?

Ah Arizona. I was looking at a short trip to new york.. maximum 5 days. I haven't made up my mind when though. grin. I thought I would do OZ-New york-Nigeria next month but I removed new york from the trip so I have to figure out when the first quarter of next year I have to fix the trip for. I can't be bothered sourcing out accomodation in New york cloe to central park

May God grant you safe journey and safe delivery of Jenny Junior tongue grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
Phema:
^^^ You should be fine. Please apply ASAP as most times, the first available date is usually 4weeks from the date the interview is scheduled.

You could be very lucky to get a closer date though. But it seldom happens.

Thank you for your timely response....
Please can you guys suggest the best state n affordable hotel we can use in our application as tourists.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.