Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060728 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
lollynil:

Thank you for your timely response....
Please can you guys suggest the best state n affordable hotel we can use in our application as tourists.

Best state and affordable hotel? Hmmmm ... I doubt if you would go to Montana if I suggest affordable hotel there? Why don't you use google to find cheap hotel rate in the US? There are many website that can give you this information. Travelocity dot ca is one of them.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
jennykadry:

Ah Arizona. I was looking at a short trip to new york.. maximum 5 days. I haven't made up my mind when though. grin. I thought I would do OZ-New york-Nigeria next month but I removed new york from the trip so I have to figure out when the first quarter of next year I have to fix the trip for. I can't be bothered sourcing out accomodation in New york cloe to central park

May God grant you safe journey and safe delivery of Jenny Junior tongue grin

Abeg, reroute am to include AZ na. OZ-AZ-Naija. See as e sweet grin. E no go bad to hang out with you at all wink.

Jenny Junior? Mbanu! You too stubborn tongue grin

It will end in praise by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hello family. I want to apply for a 3 day conference in Las Vegas that centres on the services which I render in my business career. My business was registered with CAC last month. My monthly income is not more than 50k. Hope my bank account statement won't pose a barrier to the visa approval or do I get a co-sponsor (my dad/sister). I'm in my early twenties so my business is the only tie I have. I seriously need the conference to beat the aged competitors in Nigeria. Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
lollynil:
Hello guys,
I have been following this thread and will like to ask for your advise

I and my husband will like to apply for visit (10 days)visa to the usa this Christmas for holidays:
1. Hubby has been to the Uk once in 2010
2. We Both travelled to Ghana in 2012
3.We both travelled to uae this August
4. We intend to use our joint fund savings balance for the trip abt 1.5m
5. We both work with a combined monthly income of 400k aside bonuses(salary accnts avail)

Question is:
1.Is it possble to get an interview date between now n the 15th dec considering our vacation is xmas to new year
2.are we good to go with these info?

Pls your urgent advise will be appreciated.

Thank you

Pls my gurus if my interview date doesn't come within 4weeks to my proposed travel for xmas will i be able to change the dates with the embassy or i have to fill anoda form?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 17, 2014
tee12345:

1. DONT be in a rush to visit the USA regardless of how urgent.

2. Visit other countries in Africa, Middle East, Europe and any other visa issuing nation. This builds trust you wont run away.

3. If you can, take your spouse and kids along.

4. lastly and most important, when you want to try USA, Say the Truth when applying beginning with your application form. Let them know you had lied before in your 1st application and you will never do it again.

5. Trust God and pray Hard.

NB: I was in your situation pre-2014. I had misrepresented in 2004 also. I did the above and i got a visa 2014. It took me 10yrs. But i got it and have visited USA.
So, say the TRUTH. Don't wait to be caught because, they will catch you ooooo.
Thanks and God bless your home. I am very greatful for your advise. I will definitely stick to it. I was so naive back then. I didnt just know anything concerning travelling and visa process. If i had known...I would have sincerelly applied. Thanks once again. God bless

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
Take your kids to the embassy yourself with copy of visa for your husband, yourself and US data page of your baby. If they are minors, you will be questioned. I dont think you would have any problem.

Also, you can use your b1/b2 visa anytime within the 2 year period of validity. There is no condition that you must use it within 1st 6months.

bijouxcutey:
Hi everyone..hubby and I have a valid B1/B2 visa,but out 2 kids don't have yet,except out last baby the 3rd who is a citizen of the US. Please can the good people of this forum assist me on how to get the other of our two kids visit visa too? Do we take them to the embassy? Or can we just use a drop box? 2. My hubby has his valid visa,but hasn't travelled due to the nature of his job. We are looking forward to him traveling before the visa expires. I asked this cos someone said if not used before the first 6months of issue,it can count against someone at renewal. How true is this?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by xyzkman(m): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hi, good people of NL...Please i have a quick question. We were given family visa(I,my wife and 2 kids) in July this year, We traveled together in august and spent 3 weeks. I have intentions of going again come this December, for 30 days. But this time around its just myself and my wife traveling without the kids. My wife is going for a surgery in usa and the doctor advised she needs someone to stay with her throughout and we also need to spend at least 3 weeks there before she can be fit to fly back home.

My main question is about the port of entry, can I just state that my wife is going for a surgery to justify our reason for traveling without the kids and also staying for 30days?....We have the B1/B2 visitors visa, and NOT a medical visa, I hope this wont raise an alarm? Please is it ok to just tell them we are going for surgery or can i just state we going for xmas holidays without the kids?

Pls urgent responses needed....my oga Justwise pls help your boy........... cry
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
The funny thing is when i went in January, 2014, I told myself if I didn't get a visa, I would at least right the wrong i had done. Either way, I was not going to loose. I was called for 2 consecutive interviews. At the 2nd interview, the VO kept looking at my eyes while i told her what had happened in the past. Same VO who prior to interrogating me, refused a guy in similar situation as mine but who was still trying to explain why he made a mistake with his DOB in his Y2005 previous application.

If you are familiar with the USA embassy interview room, you know every tom, dick and harry can hear your conversation with the VO. They all heard when the VO said that immediately i had thumb printed, the details of my previous application in Y2004 came up in their system that I had been there before as a different person and that when they checked my current ds-160 form, they saw i had confessed to lying about my name, age and marital status in Y2004.

Please know that all this while, my heart was beating faster than that of a jet plane and i thought it would just fall out of my mouth. I had to force myself to stand upright and look confident at the same time. I however managed to SAY THE TRUTH again that yes, i had been ill advised back then and I will never lie to get a visa to any country. She made me narrate what had happened back then.

The next thing was 'so what doc do you have to show that you are who you say you her now?'. I gave her my birth certificate and marriage certificate. That was it oooo....she reached for the white paper and said enjoy your trip. That's the only document she looked at during the interview. She relied more on what i said, how i looked when saying it and probably concluded i am now repentant.

You see God is a BIG God. So say the truth....and trust in God.

yemyem2:

Thanks and God bless your home. I am very greatful for your advise. I will definitely stick to it. I was so naive back then. I didnt just know anything concerning travelling and visa process. If i had known...I would have sincerelly applied. Thanks once again. God bless

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by lafad11(m): 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2014
Arrived JFK today at about 6:30am. It was a different story to what I had in mind as regards the PoE. Not a single question was asked. Just finger prints and that was all. Thanks to God and all the Guru's in the house. Tzetzefly u are highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
xyzkman:
Hi, good people of NL...Please i have a quick question. We were given family visa(I,my wife and 2 kids) in July this year, We traveled together in august and spent 3 weeks. I have intentions of going again come this December, for 30 days. But this time around its just myself and my wife traveling without the kids. My wife is going for a surgery in usa and the doctor advised she needs someone to stay with her throughout and we also need to spend at least 3 weeks there before she can be fit to fly back home.

My main question is about the port of entry, can I just state that my wife is going for a surgery to justify our reason for traveling without the kids and also staying for 30days?....We have the B1/B2 visitors visa, and NOT a medical visa, I hope this wont raise an alarm? Please is it ok to just tell them we are going for surgery or can i just state we going for xmas holidays without the kids?

Pls urgent responses needed....my oga Justwise pls help your boy........... cry

Your B1B2 visa covers medicals. So you can tell the CBP the exact thing you are going to the US to do.

However, you need to be prepared. Have your Dr's and Hospital's email correspondence, a document showing the total cost breakdown of the surgery and enough monetary evidence to cover the whole procedure and more for incontegencies. Please, don't go saying the money you intend spending is in your credit card. They usually want to see cash.

You may also want to inform the embassy here in Nigeria via email about your plans and asking for "approval" to go ahead. They usually reply. Print this reply and have it handy.

Goodluck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by xyzkman(m): 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
Phema:

Your B1B2 visa covers medicals. So you can tell the CBP the exact thing you are going to the US to do.

However, you need to be prepared. Have your Dr's and Hospital's email correspondence, a document showing the total cost breakdown of the surgery and enough monetary evidence to cover the whole procedure and more for incontegencies. Please, don't go saying the money you intend spending is in your credit card. They usually want to see cash.

You may also want to inform the embassy here in Nigeria via email about your plans and asking for "approval" to go ahead. They usually reply. Print this reply and have it handy.

Goodluck.

Thanks alot bro!....God bless you real good!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
xyzkman:

Thanks alot bro! sis!....God bless you real good!

Fixed! cool

You are very welcome. smiley

Please, don't touch anything called medicaid or government funds no matter how much they make it look like you are eligible. You won't like the effect it will have on your visa renewal.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
Please, I need advice on this:
Gevic:
Hello family. I want to apply for a 3 day conference in Las Vegas that centres on the services which I render in my business career. My business was registered with CAC last month. My monthly income is not more than 50k. Hope my bank account statement won't pose a barrier to the visa approval or do I get a co-sponsor (my dad/sister). I'm in my early twenties so my business is the only tie I have. I seriously need the conference to beat the aged competitors in Nigeria. Thank you.
please advice me on this.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wildcunter(m): 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2014
tzetzefly:

Every circumstance is treated differently from previous situations. What happened in the past may not be used against your present application only if previously you did not tender questionable documents.

I was never asked for any documents at all the 3 times I. Went for interview.I am just wandering if the VO will wanna know why I decided to change my visa from F1 to B1/B2.I am just worried and scared if its a wise thing to do....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by keni: 11:50am On Nov 18, 2014
Phema:

Goodluck.

Please what is the correct e-mail address for this?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
keni:

Please what is the correct e-mail address for this?

Lagos- - - LagosNIV@state.gov
Abuja- - - ConsularAbuja@state.gov

Do send to both addresses and pick the response that best suits you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by keni: 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
Phema:

Lagos- - - LagosNIV@state.gov
Abuja- - - ConsularAbuja@state.gov
Do send to both addresses and pick the response that best suits you.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by laekzy: 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
Hello guys. Im a university graduate who has been working for my late father's company for a yr. I will like 2 visit d us for my sister's graduation in december. Already got an invitation from her and i have a visa appointment for dec26. my sister is a us citizen by marriage and im travelling with my mother who already has a visa. I have a brother who travelled to d us 2yrs ago as a tourist but now studies there. Now im wondering whether the VO will link me(same mother) to him or not since he dint return. Also, will it be better 2 say i have been working there 4 a yr after nysc or for 2yrs since graduation. Cc sir tzetzefly
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
Gevic:
phema and tzetzefly please I need your contribution. Please.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mumsylafinda: 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
mumsylafinda:
Hello‎​ house,me,my hubby And our little girl went for the interview dis year july anϑ we were denied us visa,so we are thinking of trying again can we try dis nov.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by laekzy: 10:16am On Nov 19, 2014
Hello guys. Im a university graduate who has been working for my late father's company for a yr. I will like 2 visit d us for my sister's graduation in december. Already got an invitation from her and i have a visa appointment for dec26. my sister is a us citizen by marriage and im travelling with my mother who already has a visa. I have a brother who travelled to d us 2yrs ago as a tourist but now studies there. Now im wondering whether the VO will link me(same mother) to him or not since he dint return. Also, will it be better 2 say i have been working there 4 a yr after nysc or for 2yrs since graduation. @tzetzefly pls i need ur contribution
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Vuitton007: 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
hello All, my interview is tmao at the lagos Us embassy. am hearing i cant go in with my hand bag, how about my car keys? as i can leave evrythg in d car and jus go in with only my docs and car key, is this possible
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
Vuitton007:
hello All, my interview is tmao at the lagos Us embassy. am hearing i cant go in with my hand bag, how about my car keys? as i can leave evrythg in d car and jus go in with only my docs and car key, is this possible

The officers at the security check will help you keep metal objects (and other things) in a safe box and you can go in with your screened handbag.

They let me go in with mine at the Abuja Consulate. I guess it should be same with their Lagos counterpart.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
laekzy:
Hello guys. Im a university graduate who has been working for my late father's company for a yr. I will like 2 visit d us for my sister's graduation in december. Already got an invitation from her and i have a visa appointment for dec26. my sister is a us citizen by marriage and im travelling with my mother who already has a visa. I have a brother who travelled to d us 2yrs ago as a tourist but now studies there. Now im wondering whether the VO will link me(same mother) to him or not since he dint return. Also, will it be better 2 say i have been working there 4 a yr after nysc or for 2yrs since graduation. @tzetzefly pls i need ur contribution

Yea. That will surely raise an eyebrow. Many people in your shoes get denied cos the VOs feel if your sibling can abuse his visa, so can you.

You still can get your visa approved by showing sufficient ties to your country and a reason you won't do same thing your brother did.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
Gevic:

You just started your business and you're not earning much. Taking the little money you should be investing in the business to attend a conference is not a wise decision. You should groom your business to the extent that you can conveniently afford to sponsor yourself for such a trip.

Your family (dad/sis) should not be sponsoring you for a work/business related conference.

Your business will not stand as a sufficient tie as you just registered it and not earning much from it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
Phema:

You just started your business and you're not earning much. Taking the little money you should be investing in the business to attend a conference is not a wise decision. You should groom your business to the extent that you can conveniently afford to sponsor yourself for such a trip.

Your family (dad/sis) should not be sponsoring you for a work/business related conference.

Your business will not stand as a sufficient tie as you just registered it and not earning much from it.

Have you made your first trip to the USA?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
Jchi9876:

Have you made your first trip to the USA?

Nope. Why?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
Phema:

Nope. Why?

Just wondering how you became so much of a guru without having made your first trip. Information is power. Keep it up.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
Jchi9876:

Just wondering how you became so much of a guru without having made your first trip. Information is power. Keep it up.

You don't need to travel to become a guru. You can become a guru in the subject by reading and listening other people experiences. It is just like becoming a coach.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
Jchi9876:

Thanks. smiley

But then, this is about Visa and not about what the US looks or smells like. grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
Phema:

Thanks. smiley

But then, this is about Visa and not about what the US looks or smells like. grin

seconded. Someone who lives in the US may not know much about visa process
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
TheCongo:

You don't need to travel to become a guru. You can become a guru in the subject by reading and listening other people experiences. It is just like becoming a coach.

Gbeborun mind ur biz i wasnt referring to you.
No quote me again before i reign ayilala and Ebola on you

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.