Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,407 members, 7,958,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:23 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1071996 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by yamunla(m): 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
LadyGuinivere:

I'll pm u cos this is the US thread
Honestly,I can't read PMS..the e-mail I used in registering on NL has been blocked long ago..maybe u send me a mail on akinjomoadeyemi at gmail dot com
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
Bobbyz1:
Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your commitment towards these insightful interactions. My question is quite straightforward. I am a widely traveled 31 year old single man. Over the past year, I've been on about 5 business trips to the UK mainly and other European countries as well. It has become necessary to visit the United States for the purpose of business meetings in February. Now my growing concern as I read through this extensive thread and others on this site is the fact that the embassy seems to places a lot of stock on your marital status as this establishes adequately, your tie to your home country. Can my extensive travel history make up for the fact that I'm unmarried or this would still raise eyebrows and dent my chances of a successful application. Thanks in advance.

Sometimes these visa officers psychologically study how genuine your details are, and they base their judgement on it. I got my visa January dis year at your age range, and as a single person. The lady asked if I was married, I answered no but will be getting married very soon. She asked if I was engaged, and I answered yes. She smiled and told me my visa has been approved.

Pray for God's favour, and truthfully fill in every detail as requested, then go get your visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
yamunla:
Honestly,I can't read PMS..the e-mail I used in registering on NL has been blocked long ago..maybe u send me a mail on akinjomoadeyemi at gmail dot com
Sent
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:07am On Nov 27, 2014
9jabiggurl:

Need help guys -

My kids are American citizen, Myself and Husband want to renew our visas, in filling the form DS 160 do I need to indicate I am travelling with my kids?(though we may not). Just don't want to give the VO any reason to think we don't want to declare our kids or we do have something to hide, because I had them in the space of 2 years with my 2years B1/B2 visa.

We should qualify for a dropbox but i suspect they will call us in for interview because of my kids so we can show all our receipt of payment for child birth and didn't apply for medicaid.

Is there a record that will throw out my kids name under our names? if Yes, then I think its better we indicate in our forms that we are travelling with them (though we MAY or MAY NOT), so its clear that we have nothing to hide as we paid all fees during child birth.......

Someone help and reason with me....

If you're certain you didn't apply for medicaid, you declared your intention to birth in the States, the CBP officer(s) were duly informed at the port of entry about your intentions back then, then basically you have nothing to worry about.

However, those kids are Americans and it will be unwise to leave them in Nigeria while the parents intend to take a vacation in the States.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 9jabiggurl: 8:25am On Nov 27, 2014
tzetzefly:

If you're certain you didn't apply for medicaid, you declared your intention to birth in the States, the CBP officer(s) were duly informed at the port of entry about your intentions back then, then basically you have nothing to worry about.

However, those kids are Americans and it will be unwise to leave them in Nigeria while the parents intend to take a vacation in the States.

Thanks @tzetzefly(ur name cracks me up) I am absolutely certain no medicaid was used(the fear of medicaid is the beginning of wisdom), port of entry 1 was smooth as we spent less than 5 mins, 2nd POE was not exactly smooth as they needed to check their records for my 1st baby and then i made intentions clear abt birthing.

Me and husby need a good holiday without the boys...as we have been busy since we got married being pregnant and having our darling sons...hence a well deserved holiday/honeymoon is most welcomed....but hey...can i really travel without them..hmmm i really dont think so cos i will miss them like kilode!!!

Thanks all the same...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pinkcita: 11:08am On Nov 27, 2014
I just got my US visa on friday,
I think the major issue for granting of US visa from my experience so far is
1.sincerity and genuinely
2.you tie to ur country NB.major tie are not marriage or another thing or any document you may claim to have or the amount of money u may claim to have but (A)your profession and (B)where you work with that your profession.others things might help to but does not ordinarily matters because u might not even be asked to present a document.
3.Your sponsor in the US...Notin is hidden once ur an eligible citizen there so if u have a black book and you wanna sponsor somebody is a No No visa,also the type of work and social status of ur sponsor gives a good edge too.
4.Be ur self don't put ur mind if u will be given or not take anything as normal any way it comes because right from d day u filled the online form ur being monitored till d day u stand in front of ur interviewer.
Good luck to ppl yet to go for there interview hope my little write up helps

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by oguchi60: 11:37am On Nov 27, 2014
Hello house,kindly help me out.I have an interview on april but was denied becus of I didn't give them a real reason why my wife is not traveling wit me.and now I hav repply, my interview is on december, pls house am on my knees beging u guys to help me out,with a reason dat I wil used against the vo.thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
oguchi60:
Hello house,kindly help me out.I have an interview on april but was denied becus of I didn't give them a real reason why my wife is not traveling wit me.and now I hav repply, my interview is on december, pls house am on my knees beging u guys to help me out,with a reason dat I wil used against the vo.thanks

you dont need anyone to cook up one for you! Only you know the reason (s)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eazydune: 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hello House,I need d gurus opnions on dis issue bothering me,am so confused nd need ur urgent response.
I got b1b2 visa few weeks ago and I told d VO I was going to av my baby in the usa.My hubby's office health insurance covers my maternity in d usa.Hubby wrote to the insurance company whose office in usa to ask for the procedure and they replied that his insurance covers all my maternity bill in the usa but they asked we send them the name of the hospital we intend to use so they can pay directly to them and then give us a settlement note.My fear is will it affect my subsequent renewals? Is a non citizen/perm resident allowed to use her health insurance for medicals in the state? Kindly advice as am so scared and wouldn't want to have problem in my subsequent renewals.Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
eazydune:
Hello House,I need d gurus opnions on dis issue bothering me,am so confused nd need ur urgent response.
I got b1b2 visa few weeks ago and I told d VO I was going to av my baby in the usa.My hubby's office health insurance covers my maternity in d usa.Hubby wrote to the insurance company whose office in usa to ask for the procedure and they replied that his insurance covers all my maternity bill in the usa but they asked we send them the name of the hospital we intend to use so they can pay directly to them and then give us a settlement note.My fear is will it affect my subsequent renewals? Is a non citizen/perm resident allowed to use her health insurance for medicals in the state? Kindly advice as am so scared and wouldn't want to have problem in my subsequent renewals.Thanks

You're paying for your bills through your Nigerian Insurance company.

As long as the insurance has nothing to do with 'internal settlement'
then you're good to go.

I mean, if your Nigerian insurance company won't use some insurance
means to make the payment to the hospital - they will pay cash right?

~ Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Adegbulugbe(m): 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hello house kudos to your work done here,I'm really impressed,pls I need your advice,I went for an interview on tourist visa as in vacation which I have my leave letter from my company and my payment slip,I work in a consultant company working under NDDC which I'm paid 250k monthly,the VO ask me what am I doing,I told her I'm an engineer,but on my application form it material personnel which is my post at work,could that be the reason for my refusal because she didn't ask for my document,right am a material personel in my company and that was my post as an engineer.pls I want to reapply now pls I need your advice..thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
Adegbulugbe:
Hello house kudos to your work done here,I'm really impressed,pls I need your advice,I went for an interview on tourist visa as in vacation which I have my leave letter from my company and my payment slip,I work in a consultant company working under NDDC which I'm paid 250k monthly,the VO ask me what am I doing,I told her I'm an engineer,but on my application form it material personnel which is my post at work,could that be the reason for my refusal because she didn't ask for my document,right am a material personel in my company and that was my post as an engineer.pls I want to reapply now pls I need your advice..thanks

It could be the single reason. How come you filled
something else and answered something else to same
question?

These VOs got little time to cross-check and ask you
questions. They are looking for the slightest way to
refuse you!

~ Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Luvlydevin(m): 4:44am On Nov 30, 2014
Luvlydevin:

yes when I filled my ds 160 I have not secured a place then and I just finish some weeks back, my mom is into rental's and my step dad is an international importer and exporter with many stamp in his passport, I would like to ask how long would it take between appointment date and the collection of visa

shalom

abeg all the guru in the house, my interview is billed for this Wednesday o, please as an IT student ( industrial training) which document am I to present
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Adegbulugbe(m): 6:38am On Nov 30, 2014
suxes2005:

It could be the single reason. How come you filled
something else and answered something else to same
question?

These VOs got little time to cross-check and ask you
questions. They are looking for the slightest way to
refuse you!

~ Sheyi

Sorry she asked what do I do for a living,she didn't ask where am I working and what am I doing there,pls am just confuse incase of my next application
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:44am On Nov 30, 2014
Adegbulugbe:
Sorry she asked what do I do for a living,she didn't ask where am I working and what am I doing there,pls am just confuse incase of my next application

The problem always come from lack of interpretation of questions. A little error and your money goes into the air.

For the benefit of doubt, any contrary statement(s) to information contained in your filled DS-160, is going to be a likely refusal.

Most CO(s), not all, do not have the patience to ask for further clarifications. Always listen very attentively to questions!

Next time you attend that interview, your designation is ''Material Engineer'' the next questions will be what you do as a ''Material Engineer'' which is ''handling material personnel matters''.
Hope this is the case since in the real world, that is how it is?

Always listen attentively and be calm, not very easy due to anxiety, but it can be done.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dailydolar(m): 8:57am On Nov 30, 2014
Adegbulugbe:

u nmight b an engr n not do engr for a living u might b a safety engr,mat engr so y not follow what u wrote on ur form its simple if am d one I will say u r not consistent with. Ur word enof to reject u so know ur form dats all
Re: Usa Visit Visa by skyblue69: 10:59am On Nov 30, 2014
Good morning house, please can I still get an interview date in January if I book my interview now? I am attending a conference in the US on January 28.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
skyblue69:
Good morning house, please can I still get an interview date in January if I book my interview now? I am attending a conference in the US on January 28.
if you do tomorrow you should still get a date in the 2nd week of January, I checked now and the first available appointment is 7th January
Re: Usa Visit Visa by skyblue69: 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
chloe7:
if you do tomorrow you should still get a date in the 2nd week of January, I checked now and the first available appointment is 7th January

Thanks. God bless you!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nkkystel(f): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
Tzetzefly where u @? Pls ans my question oooooo. I sent you a pm.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nkkystel(f): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
Tzetzefly, where u @? Pls ans my question oooooo. I sent you a pm.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by marryjay23(f): 8:22am On Dec 02, 2014
Greetings to all the gurus in the house, I just want you guys to help me out, I have booked my appointment since early Nov and the interview date is 12th of Dec, the problem is that with the new rules of the usemmbassy that stated that the ds-160 visa application confirmation used to scheduled visa interviews must match the application confirmation page, mine is not match and I don't want to change my interview date cos the program am going for is fast approaching, how can I go with this situation?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
nkkystel:
Tzetzefly, where u @? Pls ans my question oooooo. I sent you a pm.

Your question was answered.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by choco2014: 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hi
I need to know dat i got 5 years USA visit visa last month. I waz thinking 2 go USA in june next year as i m doing job and not free now a days. My friend told me yesterday that it is neccessary for me to enter in USA within the 3 months of the visa issue.. otherwise my visa will b considered expire...... I just need to confirm this that is there any restriction regarding my first entry in USA. Will dis make any effect to my visa if i will go USA in june next year right after 10 months of my visa issue. i m much confuse plz guide me.
thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
choco2014:
Hi
I need to know dat i got 5 years USA visit visa last month. I waz thinking 2 go USA in june next year as i m doing job and not free now a days. My friend told me yesterday that it is neccessary for me to enter in USA within the 3 months of the visa issue.. otherwise my visa will b considered expire...... I just need to confirm this that is there any restriction regarding my first entry in USA. Will dis make any effect to my visa if i will go USA in june next year right after 10 months of my visa issue. i m much confuse plz guide me.
thanks
Nothing of the sort. Your visa remains valid and expires on the date it is stated to expire. You can travel at any convenient date. I had a 2 year visaa, used it when I could take time off work and it was renewed via dropbox with no hassles.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omoluabi1960: 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
marryjay23:
Greetings to all the gurus in the house, I just want you guys to help me out, I have booked my appointment since early Nov and the interview date is 12th of Dec, the problem is that with the new rules of the usemmbassy that stated that the ds-160 visa application confirmation used to scheduled visa interviews must match the application confirmation page, mine is not match and I don't want to change my interview date cos the program am going for is fast approaching, how can I go with this situation?
It also happened to my cousin and finally worked something out myself..though I called the embassy and all they could tell me was to cancel the appointment..I cant disclose the method I se here but pm me ...its free ofcourse but I will not disclose it here..cos its a new discovery I still want to celebrate and keep away from public
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
omoluabi1960:

It also happened to my cousin and finally worked something out myself..though I called the embassy and all they could tell me was to cancel the appointment..I cant disclose the method I se here but pm me ...its free ofcourse but I will not disclose it here..cos its a new discovery I still want to celebrate and keep away from public
Duh!!! The v.o has already answered on the other thread, so there's no new news :p tongue
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omoluabi1960: 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
chloe7:
Duh!!! The v.o has already answered on the other thread, so there's no new news :p tongue
Other thread.. Why dont you share it here if you are certain.. tongue
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:43am On Dec 03, 2014
omoluabi1960:

Other thread.. Why dont you share it here if you are certain.. tongue
Park one side abeg. This is a thread for free info and help/assistance. I can't possibly understand why u r gloating abi puffing about your imagined help which u do not wish to share.
@Marryjay simply call the embassy, 2 options, they change the DS 160 for you(they did same for me when I submitted the one with an error for my husband and he got his visa last week)
Or they tell u what to do.
Dont listen to this scammer

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by omoluabi1960: 8:46am On Dec 03, 2014
LadyGuinivere:

Park one side abeg. This is a thread for free info and help/assistance. I can't possibly understand why u r gloating abi puffing about your imagined help which u do not wish to share.
@Marryjay simply call the embassy, 2 options, they change the DS 160 for you(they did same for me when I submitted the one with an error for my husband and he got his visa last week)
Or they tell u what to do.
Dont listen to this scammer

I will not embarrase you or abuse you..but you will serve as a lesson ot others who talk anyhow....oru ko ta ma so omo eni ..inu eni longbe..words of the wise
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:25am On Dec 03, 2014
omoluabi1960:

I will not embarrase you or abuse you..but you will serve as a lesson ot others who talk anyhow....oru ko ta ma so omo eni ..inu eni longbe..words of the wise
I do not understand ur language. Neither do I fear ur abuse. What is it worth?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.