Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060450 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by omoluabi1960: 9:33am On Dec 03, 2014
LadyGuinivere:

I do not understand ur language. Neither do I fear ur abuse. What is it worth?

Abuse you, why will I need to do that..lol.you are definately very young...lets forget about it..I have forgiven you..

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
omoluabi1960:

Abuse you, why will I need to do that..lol.you are definately very young...lets forget about it..I have forgiven you..
Thank U grandpa methusaleh! May u live longer o!

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by kaluj2: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hello all, has anyone seen a family applying for visit visa to USA. The wife has been issued the visa but checking tracking information for husband and daughter is no status updates. The surprising thing is that the husband is the primary applicant and the one to sponsor the trip. Please, advice.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 04, 2014
kaluj2:
Hello all, has anyone seen a family applying for visit visa to USA. The wife has been issued the visa but checking tracking information for husband and daughter is no status updates. The surprising thing is that the husband is the primary applicant and the one to sponsor the trip. Please, advice.
I think this happened to some earlier on the other thread, they might only update your wife's own and not update yours but your visa will be ready, call the embassy or go to the dhl were you filled for pickup
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Bobbyz1: 11:37am On Dec 04, 2014
LadyGuinivere:

My 2 cents. Depends on the mood of the VO and how composed you are to answer what you filled in your form. My 29 year old single female and widely travelled friend just got 2 years. (She even posted here). They are aware that single people are also genuine travellers.
Just fill your form properly and do the needful as per arranging your accomodation and making sure the purpose of your travel is cogent. My 2 cents

Hi Guys,

It would be remiss of me if i don't come back to this forum to provide feedback. I've read every single page on here and must say that the trove of knowledge shared here is immeasurable. I applied yesterday without a hitch. The VO had refused about 10 people before my turn and i hadn't seen her crack a smile yet. How she was interacting with the applicants was actually bordering on rude. Surprisingly she flashed a big smile when i approached the counter..*does this chick dig me or what, because admittedly I was looking quite dapper in my suit* My session lasted all but 58 seconds and went thus;

VO; Hello
Me: Hi..
*scanning my barcode*
VO: I can see the last time you were here was 2011
Me: Not at all. I've never been here
VO: Are u sure
Me: Most definite
VO: Please place your right hand on the scanner
*I comply*
VO:Thank you
VO: Whats the purpose of your trip
Me: Business meeting
VO: How long will you stay
Me: 6 days
VO: What do you do
Me: I'm................
VO: Married?
Me: No
VO: How much do you earn
Me: xxxxxx
VO: Where have you been before?
Me: *Booyah..You've brought yourself* UK, France, Belgium, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Portugal.....
VO: Ok.. OK... come please come back on xx for your passport

That was it. cool

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Kullez: 11:53am On Dec 04, 2014
Hello All,
I wanna share my experience and piece of advice. This is like giving back to the forum wat I learnt.
1st of all, all Glory b 2 God Most High.
I went 4 my interview Dec 01, 8.30 slot & my visa was granted. Below is the transcript as far as I can remember:

VO: G.morn
Me: G.morn
VO: Lemme scan ur fingers pls (was goin tru my passport) (I was prayin all tru)
VO: I see u r goin 2 Chatsworth California
Me: Yes XYZ company Chatsworth California
VO: Where do u work... (b4 I could answer he answered d question)
VO: Oh XYZ company in Nigeria... & ur company is the distributor for XYZ company in Chatsworth California
Me: Yes
VO: Wat r u goin 2 do
Me: Applications trainin
VO: How long ve u worked in dis company
Me: 1yr & 6 monts

He then looks tru my passport critically (I've been 2 d UK, Ghana & South Africa) & types wit his keyboard in-between ... den d magic words:

VO: Congrats ur visa has been approved, pick it up @ Bleep

My observations...
1. Pray & fast b4 & durin dat day if possible.
2. B relaxed & confident.
3. Smile slightly.
4. Dress well & look very neat.

Many pple were rejected dat day. Most didn't ve good reasons 4 travellin.
A man workin as an HR personnel was goin 4 an eng'g conference- he was refused.
A man was goin 4 his cousins weddin but couldn't produce an hard copy of d IV- he was refused.
A student was goin 4 a post-graduate studies on a different course he did in is UG.
A man was goin 4 vacation witout wife & daughter- he was refused.

I was bein sponsored by my company. It is an eng'g company, am an engineer & goin 4 an eng'g trainin. I tink an easy way 2 get a visa is apply 4 somtin dat compliments ur field if u r goin 4 a conference.

But above all, it all lies in God's hands. Mine lasted less dan 2 mins & d VO was answerin d questns 4 me.

Gud luck y'all...

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
^^^ Pick your visa at Bleep? where the F is bleep
estate in Nigeria? Lol

C'grats to those who got their visas. All the best to
those appearing soon. There is no checklist for US
visa.

Just be yourself and be 100% GENUINE. Trust me, if
you don't get it for been genuine, your mind will be at
peace.

` Sheyi

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by 9jabiggurl: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
quick one guys.... submitted my apps through dropbox and i was just called from the embassy to turn up for an interview without my husband though we submitted together...

i had my 2 babies in the US and i indicated i was travelling with them....apart from evidence of receipt what else do i need to take along?

@justwise, @sheyi...help plsss
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
9jabiggurl:
quick one guys.... submitted my apps through dropbox and i was just called from the embassy to turn up for an interview without my husband though we submitted together...

i had my 2 babies in the US and i indicated i was travelling with them....apart from evidence of receipt what else do i need to take along?

@justwise, @sheyi...help plsss

Anything that shows you paid your bills.

Is there any decision about your husband's visa yet?

~ Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shakidude: 10:30am On Dec 05, 2014
Hello Mr Justwise and other wonderful people in the house, pls I need ur help. I'm trying to apply for B1/B2 visa via dropbox with 2 of my family members who qualify as well. I filled the DS160 form and submitted with no problem at all but at the othersite where u book appointment or d option of dropbox, when I got to the document delivery section, I chose abuja and the page will not load any further, it keeps giving me this error message. By the way, I paid cash at GTB. Pls help. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Bukola00: 12:28pm On Dec 05, 2014
shakidude:
Hello Mr Justwise and other wonderful people in the house, pls I need ur help. I'm trying to apply for B1/B2 visa via dropbox with 2 of my family members who qualify as well. I filled the DS160 form and submitted with no problem at all but at the othersite where u book appointment or d option of dropbox, when I got to the document delivery section, I chose abuja and the page will not load any further, it keeps giving me this error message. By the way, I paid cash at GTB. Pls help. Thanks

@Shakidude: It is probably a network error. Simply log out and log in again to complete the process
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shakidude: 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2014
Bukola00:

@Shakidude: It is probably a network error. Simply log out and log in again to complete the process

Thanks for the reply Bukola00. I have done that several times but it's still the same
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 9jabiggurl: 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2014
suxes2005:

~ Sheyi

not sure, i have tracked status remains the same....will just with husby cos d lady that called me wasnt exactly sure if i should turn up with him but since we applied as a family i might as well just go with him....

thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by imadebaby: 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
hello house pls i need a sample letter of invitation....a friend based in the USA wants to give me one to support my application..

ur prompt response will be appreciated
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Vicobaba123: 7:59am On Dec 06, 2014
Dear VO,
I was denied visa yesterday. I want to know if a spouse of a USC is not eligible for a non immigrate visa. I have a good job here in Nigeria and our kids are Nigerians but the lady that interviewed me said I have a stronger ties to the USA than to Nigeria, how could that be even when I told her I have no plan moving my family to the USA and that my wife will be returning finally back to Nigeria 24th Dec.
Also I have a conference organized by the American society of civil engineers of which I am member in feb 2015 do u think I can apply ? And what are my chances?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Luvlydevin(m): 10:22am On Dec 06, 2014
hmmm at first I felt very bad when I was refuse my visa on Wednesday but Baba God knows best, I applied with my mom and step dad both where given except me, I think the main reason for visa eligibility is what you are doing and your travel experience which I have neither lesson well learnt for me, am thinking of applying again next year with this both issue addressed properly, my question to the room is which countries are best to kick start a virgin passport holder like me
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:08am On Dec 06, 2014
Luvlydevin:
hmmm at first I felt very bad when I was refuse my visa on Wednesday but Baba God knows best, I applied with my mom and step dad both where given except me, I think the main reason for visa eligibility is what you are doing and your travel experience which I have neither lesson well learnt for me, am thinking of applying again next year with this both issue addressed properly, my question to the room is which countries are best to kick start a virgin passport holder like me
Turkey then UK. Althou with UK visa, u can travel to Turkey
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oloriakinyemi: 11:43am On Dec 06, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]hello evryone,my husband travelled to d usa by visa lottery since 2010,he has applied for us(dats wit our 2yr old girl)but dey avnt called us for interview date while waitin we plannin on aplyin for a visiting visa.pls is it advisable to apply?tanx
In 2012 I applied for F1 visa but was denied 2ce
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Luvlydevin(m): 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
LadyGuinivere:

Turkey then UK. Althou with UK visa, u can travel to Turkey
ok even before you telling me now I have been considering turkey for some time now and I just made enquiry about turkey now, but for UK visit I have not heard about it as most people I know do go there for school, I would be more than happy if you can kickstart me with your vast fountain of knowledge about UK visit visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
Luvlydevin:

Not your virgin passport. Seems we once talked about
your chances here. Virgin passport or not, home ties
matters a lot

~ Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Luvlydevin(m): 2:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
suxes2005:

Not your virgin passport. Seems we once talked about
your chances here. Virgin passport or not, home ties
matters a lot

~ Sheyi
yes I agree with you, there is a saying if you no your problems, your problem is already half solved I think now I know better, so my home ties issue I have already started working on that, and you can still trow in more light about strong ties to Nigeria

«peace»
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oloriakinyemi: 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2014
Pleassssseeee house I need a reply.tanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 7:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
oloriakinyemi:
[color=#770077][/color]hello evryone,my husband travelled to d usa by visa lottery since 2010,he has applied for us(dats wit our 2yr old girl)but dey avnt called us for interview date while waitin we plannin on aplyin for a visiting visa.pls is it advisable to apply?tanx
In 2012 I applied for F1 visa but was denied 2ce

https://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 6:26am On Dec 07, 2014
Luvlydevin:

yes I agree with you, there is a saying if you no your problems, your problem is already half solved I think now I know better, so my home ties issue I have already started working on that, and you can still trow in more light about strong ties to Nigeria

«peace»

Get a good job, something that you will
tell the VO during interview and it will
easily convince him or her

~ Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vitus101: 6:42am On Dec 07, 2014
Good morning house, My cousin's graduation is in 16days and I want to attend. He's willing to invite me over for the ceremony. I've ties to my country. A family and a good job. What I want to know is, is the time frame enough to file an app and obtain the visa? 2ndly, What re the required docs for this kind of application. My regards to everyone.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Luvlydevin(m): 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2014
suxes2005:

Get a good job, something that you will
tell the VO during interview and it will
easily convince him or her

~ Sheyi
copy that boss, in your own personal experience, getting a job as in working for others with monthly salary and self employed which has better chances of getting that visa, am even considering marriage self please I need your honest opinion here

«peace»
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
Luvlydevin:
copy that boss, in your own personal experience, getting a job as in working for others with monthly salary and self employed which has better chances of getting that visa, am even considering marriage self please I need your honest opinion here
I don't think you need to go to the extent of marriage to get this u.s.a visa since you are just doing your i.t, please let something significant change about you it doesn't have to be marital status but definitely I think they are not friendly with students both undergraduates and post graduates applying for niv's, let a lot of time pass before applying again, go to dubai or abu dhabi or Kenya if you can afford to go and gather a little more travel experience, virgin passport doesn't matter my friend got hers on a virgin passport with little money in her account, God will help us :*

«peace»
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 9jabiggurl: 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2014
suxes2005:

~ Sheyi

@suxes2005.....justt checked the status of my husband...his passport is ready for collection.....so i guess i am the only one they require to see.....so i go with my receipt et all.....i guess

what do you think?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
Luvlydevin:

«peace»

Marriage because of US visa alone? Well, its
a good tie to your home country. Either as an
employee or self employed, make sure its real
and genuine and you've got a lot of things to do
back home.

~ Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Luvlydevin(m): 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
suxes2005:

Marriage because of US visa alone? Well, its
a good tie to your home country. Either as an
employee or self employed, make sure its real
and genuine and you've got a lot of things to do
back home.

~ Sheyi
noted boss if I do marriage its because I love her that is why o lol, I had been thinking of this ish before even this visa ish came up, if all my plan goes well I might be inviting you all to my traditional marriage ceremony before February lol, am still in my early 20's with a lot of
experience in life, one more question boss between me leaving her at home and she applying with me for the visa which could have more ties back home she is into business with up to 11 employees working for her, at times women with there strong head

«peace»
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
Luvlydevin:

noted boss if I do marriage its because I love her that is why o lol, I had been thinking of this ish before even this visa ish came up, if all my plan goes well I might be inviting you all to my traditional marriage ceremony before February lol, am still in my early 20's with a lot of
experience in life, one more question boss between me leaving her at home and she applying with me for the visa which could have more ties back home she is into business with up to 11 employees working for her, at times women with there strong head

«peace»

Early twenties... that's anything before 25 right?

Okay good. I'm 26 and I've got a son (I hope these NL babes won't read this).

Now, your wife should be younger than you, let's say 24 or there
about. She's richer than you right? You guys can apply for visa
for honeymoon now.

BUT, have you two traveled together before?

~ Sheyi

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.