Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059619 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
cindynwagbo:
Hello my gurus please I need an urgent assistance. Am trying to schedule my interview date.but my challenge now is that my profile I used in applying last is still there and it was bearing my maiden name.and I have changed my surname now to my married name.and with a new passport. Coming to the page where u will confirm your profile the passport number refused editing . Please what should I do.should I go ahead with the booking with old passport details or what.? Please need help.
Methinks u should call the embassy. They can advice u better
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
Please Lady G please do you have their numbers? Pls give me.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:16am On Jan 30, 2015
cindynwagbo:
Please Lady G please do you have their numbers? Pls give me.
Try this one 234-1-460-3400. Or read like 5 pages back. Justwise recently shared the number
Re: Usa Visit Visa by judefab: 8:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

ist , like chloe said and i jokingly said earlier, be certain of your bro's status. if tidy, then you are going for family visit and to witness a baptism. its the truth aint it?

Thanks alot for your response.i have booked an appointment for February 20th but have issues filling the Ds-160 form.the option of relatives.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Kayraph(m): 2:54pm On Jan 31, 2015
Hello good people,

Please this is my enquiry.

I filled a US application form in 2006 and another one in 2014 but in either case I never went for interview due to work exigencies.

However, I want to apply again this year for tourism/vacation sometimes around October.

There would be some changes in the information I would be filling on the new application because of status changes e.g. job, residential address etc.

Would there be any clash of information betweent the old applications and the fresh one I am about to do?

Justwise, Chloe, LadyGuinevere, Tzetzefly please help me address this.

Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:24pm On Jan 31, 2015
Kayraph:
Hello good people,

Please this is my enquiry.

I filled a US application form in 2006 and another one in 2014 but in either case I never went for interview due to work exigencies.

However, I want to apply again this year for tourism/vacation sometimes around October.

There would be some changes in the information I would be filling on the new application because of status changes e.g. job, residential address etc.

Would there be any clash of information betweent the old applications and the fresh one I am about to do?

Justwise, Chloe, LadyGuinevere, Tzetzefly please help me address this.

Thank you
There are changes that are material and would be a problem eg date of birth, name of spouse.
However a change in address, employment, income and the sort is not considered a material clash of information. It is expected that one grows in income;one can change jobs or /and get a raise in income. These changes, you can and should be prepared to explain.
However, if the difference in the forms are material ones, then you are on your own o!
I hope I answered you clearly.
Yaweh Nissi bless
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Kayraph(m): 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

There are changes that are material and would be a problem eg date of birth, name of spouse.
However a change in address, employment, income and the sort is not considered a material clash of information. It is expected that one grows in income;one can change jobs or /and get a raise in income. These changes, you can and should be prepared to explain.
However, if the difference in the forms are material ones, then you are on your own o!
I hope I answered you clearly.
Yaweh Nissi bless

You are on point!

I just joined changed employment about 6 months ago, though I have more than 10 years working experience.

Moreover, I just came back from SA last Sunday on a one-week official training at our company's Head Office.

My question is... would my period of employment at my current place of emploment (6 months plus) be a deciding factor for visa application at the embassy?

Please note that I'm married with kids.

Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
Kayraph:

You are on point!

I just joined changed employment about 6 months ago, though I have more than 10 years working experience.

Moreover, I just came back from SA last Sunday on a one-week official training at our company's Head Office.

My question is... would my period of employment at my current place of emploment (6 months plus) be a deciding factor for visa application at the embassy?

Please note that I'm married with kids.

Thank you
The consideration is how long you have worked in total.
However (although it rarely comes up) hope you are allowed to go on leave in your new place of work
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lovelynk(f): 5:38am On Feb 01, 2015
Hello everyone, my friend came to US on a visiting visa a few months ago. Surprisingly, I found out that no duration of stay was stamped on his visa. The entry date was clearly there but no departure date. Does not mean he can stay as long as he wish?
Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
lovelynk:
Hello everyone, my friend came to US on a visiting visa a few months ago. Surprisingly, I found out that no duration of stay was stamped on his visa. The entry date was clearly there but no departure date. Does not mean he can stay as long as he wish?
Thank you.

For his own good he needs to contact them to sort that out.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
justwise:
[/b]
For his own good he needs to contact them to sort that out.
Also the normal duration is usually 6 months. Your friend had better noe exceed 6 months o! Oh just call them oooo! To avoid stories that touch
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2015
I have filled the DS 160 form but ve not submitted it. I merely saved it to continue after payment of visa fee. Question is, can I walk into any GT bank branch and make payment? I am in Benin City. Thnks

LadyG
Chloe
?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
fredoricko:
I have filled the DS 160 form but ve not submitted it. I merely saved it to continue after payment of visa fee. Question is, can I walk into any GT bank branch and make payment? I am in Benin City. Thnks

LadyG
Chloe
?
you can make payment in any gtbank branch, just go with a photocopy of the biodata page of your passport or the passport itself and ask anyone in the branch that you want to pay visa fees
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 01, 2015
ok. Thnks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
Chloe Chloe Chloe! D-Day in a few hours! God's grace dear! Awaiting the good news
Jehova Sabaoth bless
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Chloe Chloe Chloe! D-Day in a few hours! God's grace dear! Awaiting the good news
Jehova Sabaoth bless
Amen in Jesus name, I pray for favour from above in the sight of everyone I will meet there tomorrow and it will all end in praise by 10am maximum 2nd February

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 02, 2015
My dear people, I give up on this u.s visa o! Because I no know wetin I do them, let me share my transcript.
V.o- good morning
Me- good morning
V.o- let me take your finger prints,he also flipped through my passport
Me- I comply
V.o- you are going to new York
Me- yes please
V.o- who are you travelling with
Me-my fiancée
V.o- does he have a visa
Me- I replied in the affirmative and passed him my fiancée's passport
He types the visa number on the computer
V.o- where does he work
Me- FCMB, managerial position
V.o- I can see you have been to the u.k severally, have you ever gone with him.
Me- No, he doesn't have a uk visa
V.o - what do you do asides your boutique
Me- I focus majorly on my boutique
V.o- types endlessly and finally says i'm sorry but you don't qualify for a visa at this time bla bla bla, the reasons are in the paper.

I was too sad, make I dey drink water for my uk visa jejely but i'm not reapplying to Lagos again at all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:14am On Feb 02, 2015
Oh No! This is upsetting indeed but all is well Chloe. Drink water jor and jollof today. Delay is not denial.

Safe trip. When U de travel to UK sef? We fit de the same plane o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 11:41am On Feb 02, 2015
chloe7:
My dear people, I give up on this u.s visa o! Because I no know wetin I do them, let me share my transcript.
V.o- good morning
Me- good morning
Me- I comply
Me- yes please
Me-my fiancée
V.o- does he have a visa
V.o- where does he work
V.o- types endlessly and finally says i'm sorry but you don't qualify for a visa at this time bla bla bla, the reasons are in the paper.

I was too sad, make I dey drink water for my uk visa jejely but i'm not reapplying to Lagos again at all.

I think the issue here is that you presented no history of travel together.

When I applied with my wife even though I have been to the US several times alone, the interviewer specifically asked if we had travelled anywhere together disregarding her travel history. We listed all the places we had been together in addition to where we had been separately. That's what they like to see.

They want to know that you are not just saying you are travelling with someone but you actually have a history of travel with the person.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Oh No! This is upsetting indeed but all is well Chloe. Drink water jor and jollof today. Delay is not denial.

Safe trip. When U de travel to UK sef? We fit de the same plane o
yeye America, I no know wetin I do dem, I don chop Chinese already for V.I sef i'm just pretty upset, i'm moving with BA on the 13th 11.30pm, na if UK no give me visa I for dey sad but my better people for uk no disappoint me at all, I just think that guy didn't want to give me the visa simple. I'm chilling for America till later later later before I reapply, maybe next year.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
thegreengooner:

I think the issue here is that you presented no history of travel together.

When I applied with my wife even though I have been to the US several times alone, the interviewer specifically asked if we had travelled anywhere together disregarding her travel history. We listed all the places we had been together in addition to where we had been separately. That's what they like to see.

They want to know that you are not just saying you are travelling with someone but you actually have a history of travel with the person.
my brother how will we have travel history together when they won't give him a uk visa and they won't give me a u.s visa? He got the uk refusal years back and gave up on them, before I give birth I might try again, i'm not sure.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
chloe7:
my brother how will we have travel history together when they won't give him a uk visa and they won't give me a u.s visa? He got the uk refusal years back and gave up on them, before I give birth I might try again, i'm not sure.
After una marry (or before) una fit go Turkey or Dubai together. So after the wedding you can reapply for birthing purposes.
Chop the food well abegi! This life is just one o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

After una marry (or before) una fit go Turkey or Dubai together. So after the wedding you can reapply for birthing purposes.
time factor is the cause of not travelling together because i'm a dubai regular visitor and when I have time he doesn't have time or his leave isn't approved, when he has time I don't have, but at least I can see it's really necessary so we go travel somewhere together or maybe two places before the last quarter of the year so I can reapply in Abuja, I swear if na Abuja I go I for get this visa, this Lagos witch v.o's i've kissed them bye already

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
chloe7:
V.o- good morning
Me- good morning
Me- I comply
Me- yes please
Me-my fiancée
V.o- does he have a visa
V.o- where does he work

Unmarried travelling with "fiancee" baba nla red flag

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Which chinese this early morninh Chloe go like akamu the fiancee go package am lol
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
Jchi9876:

well I don't think so because there's no crime in it at all, he asked for when i'll be getting married and I told him the month and date too, I forgot to include that in my interview transcript.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
Jchi9876:

Which food The akamu
which akamu are you sharing?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
chloe7:
which akamu are you sharing?

Make ur fiancee package akamu for u ur body go cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pretty16(f): 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
Jchi9876:

@Jchi9876, I don't think so. I know a friend that had a 2yr U.S visa, and his girlfriend also applied and she was given, and they traveled together. This one na girlfriend, and she was given.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
pretty16:

@Jchi9876, I don't think so. I know a friend that had a 2yr U.S visa, and his girlfriend also applied and she was given, and they traveled together. This one na girlfriend, and she was given.

Hen hen at least they applied individually without making references
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
Jchi please Chloe is an ajebo ok?! grin grin
You didn't even say custard?! Please don't fall her standard cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LIBRACOA: 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hello, I am planning to travel to the US on vacation during the first quarter of the year. I have never travelled outside Nigeria before. Please, what exactly is the requirement?

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.