Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060516 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:56am On Feb 05, 2015
bodescous:
Good evening friends in the forum. I have an urgent question with good advice from you guys.
I have a wife who is an LPR and a son who is a citizen in d state.I want to go for my father in law 70th birthday coming up this may 2015.My concerns goes thus!
1.I have a pending immigrant filing by my wife which I learnt it is very difficult to get non immigrant visa while you have a pending filing.So I don't know if I could fill in d-s 160 that its my wife I wanna go see.
2.I think my father in law got to the state thru visiting visa and later converted it and became LPR thru remarriage... My concerns is that if I mention his name and they enter it in their computer,I don't know what effect that can have on my chances.
3.Back to me......I have strong ties to d country Naija as I have a well paying job...An independent petroleum marketer with roughly income of 400k per month...tho classified as business earning ...Also our first son of 10 years old is here with me in Naija ...He's not following me this time around to d state...I just have d intention of using maximum of two weeks .....Just for d birthday and ofcourse to see my wife and my other son...

please guys,how do I go about this?Thank you.

You have a pending immigration case file

You father-in-law arrived the States on a B visa and converted later through marriage (misrepresentation)

You said you are unsure about this. Take note, no CO will believe that.

You will have to fill a DS-160 and you're expected to be totaly truthful. If however you lie on that form, claiming ignorance and you're found out by the State Dept, you will not only lose your pending immigration case, you may also be banned for life.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
chloe7:
LadyGuinivere and my other well wishers so I woke up this morning with encouragement to reapply for my visa in abuja again after all my prayers because my baby must be an American, I forgot that before giving up on the 2nd, so i'll start out the process again from the beginning tomorrow and book an appointment in abuja for when i'm back from the u.k in a month's time. I need sincere advice from everyone here. God bless you all.
Has anything changed regarding those issues raised during your last interviews? I feel you ought to wait a lil till probably you finally get married and travel somewhere together.
Abuja VOs were not so nice the day I was there on the 2nd of feb. But I feel they were doing their job sha cause mostly what we discuss here are what they ask just to confirm your tie and eligibility.

Anyway the ball is in ur court as you have the final call. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by mamababies(f): 5:30am On Feb 06, 2015
good morning all,i've bin following ds forum, quietly grin wink well I have to share my attempt for USA visit visa and this house is my **4th** attempt, the script went as follows: on thurs 5th feb, 2015 at the abj embassy, note: I am married, female, with 2 kids, we(kids n I) all have valid uk visas n travelled out together. aboutt my hus, we didn't apply with him ds time, cos last time we were refused cos we all had not travelled together as a family
1st v. o: I interviewed u the last time, pls move to my next colleague for the interview
2nd v.o: hello , reading her system n typing began,
2ns v.o: where are you going?
myself:houston texas
2nd v.o: where do u work?
myself: I work at xyz govt agency
2nd v.o: what wil you do while ure there?
myself: am goin on holiday with my kids to give them a treat and also visit places such at memorial park, museum, etc
2nd v.o: smiles for the first time, n says that's fine
2nd v.o:have you travelled out all together?
myself:yes to the uk
2nd v.o: how long wil you be in US for?
myself : just 7 days:
2nd v.o: pls pick up your visas next week
myself: I let out a sigh of relief and joy on my face, we leave, ds woman refused some persons earlier,
note: delay is not denial, at a time it was really frustrating, I jst want to say thank you all in this house, ure all doing a good job in here, smiley

9 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 7:59am On Feb 06, 2015
mamababies:
good morning all,i've bin following ds forum, quietly grin wink well I have to share my attempt for USA visit visa and this house is my **4th** attempt, the script went as follows: on thurs 5th feb, 2015 at the abj embassy, note: I am married, female, with 2 kids, we(kids n I) all have valid uk visas n travelled out together. aboutt my hus, we didn't apply with him ds time, cos last time we were refused cos we all had not travelled together as a family
1st v. o: I interviewed u the last time, pls move to my next colleague for the interview
myself: am goin on holiday with my kids to give them a treat and also visit places such at memorial park, museum, etc
myself: I let out a sigh of relief and joy on my face, we leave, ds woman refused some persons earlier,
note: delay is not denial, at a time it was really frustrating, I jst want to say thank you all in this house, ure all doing a good job in here, smiley
Congrats o...

Did they check any of ur documents...?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 9:45am On Feb 06, 2015
Teeboy22:
Congrats o...

They rarely check documents in majority of the non immigrant cases
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 10:03am On Feb 06, 2015
thegreengooner:

They rarely check documents in majority of the non immigrant cases

kk...nice....did dey check urz.?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 10:09am On Feb 06, 2015
Teeboy22:

kk...nice....did dey check urz.?

I've always attended the interview with a stack load of documents. Not a single document has ever been checked. This doesn't mean I won't carry documents any time I go.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 10:15am On Feb 06, 2015
thegreengooner:

I've always attended the interview with a stack load of documents. Not a single document has ever been checked. This doesn't mean I won't carry documents any time I go.
...sure...tnx thou
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 06, 2015
mamababies:
woah congrats myself and my daughter are going for the interview on 23rd February with a virgin passport we are believing that they will grants visa since my husband still has valid visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mamababies(f): 11:13am On Feb 06, 2015
Teeboy22:
Congrats o...
hi, thank you smiley i went for the interview with all documents and even a letter of consent from my hus to allow me travel with the kids, not a single document was asked, it all depends on the interview, if they want it they will ask so, jst go there with the necessary docs. wishing u the best of the very best!.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mamababies(f): 11:20am On Feb 06, 2015
cindynwagbo:
woah congrats myself and my daughter are going for the interview on 23rd February with a virgin passport we are believing that they will grants visa since my husband still has valid visa.
hello, jst look them in the eye when they speak to u and be calm and speak with confidence, not easy standing and watching them type on cheesy , but you wil be fine! wishing u speed nd favour smiley

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Solo84(m): 12:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
mamababies:

CONGRATS MAMABABIES..... CHEERS..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 1:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
mamababies:

hi, thank you smiley i went for the interview with all documents and even a letter of consent from my hus to allow me travel with the kids, not a single document was asked, it all depends on the interview, if they want it they will ask so, jst go there with the necessary docs. wishing u the best of the very best!.
...Thanks so much ...God bless you.

Have a safe trip to U.S.A
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
Chlow my dearest paddy.
Give am time o! Cos you said u wanted to travel with oga and una no get travel history.
Make una go somewhere together then go back with the same story.
Cheers mate
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Chlow my dearest paddy.
Give am time o! Cos you said u wanted to travel with oga and una no get travel history.
Make una go somewhere together then go back with the same story.
Cheers mate
abi, I for say make we go somewhere maybe Kenya or Dubai abi?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
chloe7:
Gbam
Re: Usa Visit Visa by flyingbuddie: 8:58am On Feb 07, 2015
Hello Guys, Thanks for this informative contributions. May God bless you all. Well i have some urgent question i hope i would get help with. I am married with a daughter approaching her second birthday, After my degree, i studied in Malaysia for a little over two years and came back, i have a new passport now that is virgin and my wife has no travel experience, my brother is married to an american who is inviting my family, Does it matter if my wife doesn't have a travel history and the fact that we have not traveled together is also there. What is your advise in this case please ? And more so does it matter that my brother's status is LPR though is wife is the principal host here ? I will really appreciate your candid advice. thanks y'all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 07, 2015
flyingbuddie:
Hello Guys, Thanks for this informative contributions. May God bless you all. Well i have some urgent question i hope i would get help with. I am married with a daughter approaching her second birthday, After my degree, i studied in Malaysia for a little over two years and came back, i have a new passport now that is virgin and my wife has no travel experience, my brother is married to an american who is inviting my family, Does it matter if my wife doesn't have a travel history and the fact that we have not traveled together is also there. What is your advise in this case please ? And more so does it matter that my brother's status is LPR though is wife is the principal host here ? I will really appreciate your candid advice. thanks y'all.

How did your brother get to the US? Visiting visa? If yes, then you will do yourself some good and leave him out of your application. A hotel reservation should suffice.

They can grant you visa whether or not you guys have travelled as family. Though previous travel history is an edge.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2015
chloe7:

As per Dubai You be 40yrs?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jchi9876:

As per Dubai You be 40yrs?
40 years ke, when I just wan born number one, at all o. I never even 30 sef but just about it sha.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
chloe7:
40 years ke, when I just wan born number one, at all o. I never even 30 sef but just about it sha.

Heard there are new regulations for Nigerians travelling to Dubai
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jchi9876:

Heard there are new regulations for Nigerians travelling to Dubai
abeg o! If new regulations dey ; we'll go to SA or Kenya
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 08, 2015
Mmm
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ololo12: 3:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
Lol....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 6:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
I need your advice. I'm visiting the US to honor my Aunt invitation. Pls, do I need hotel reservation. Advice me, if it's needed or not.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ultimatee(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2015
Who is sponsoring you if its your sister then you don't need an hotel reservation but if not you really need one.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 11:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ultimatee:
Who is sponsoring you if its your sister then you don't need an hotel reservation but if not you really need one.

I'm sponsoring myself, that mean I need hotel reservation?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:47am On Feb 09, 2015
Isjaymoh:
I'm sponsoring myself, that mean I need hotel reservation?

Where will you be staying? Hotel or your Aunty's house? If hotel, then you use a hotel reservation.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 7:03am On Feb 09, 2015
Phema:

Where will you be staying? Hotel or your Aunty's house? If hotel, then you use a hotel reservation.

That's what am saying, am willing to stay in my Aunt's house and the hotel reservation will be unused but someone said to me that I still need to get hotel reservation and that why I need to know via here if hotel reservation is needed. Because my Aunt want to accommodate me.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 09, 2015
Isjaymoh:

That's what am saying, am willing to stay in my Aunt's house and the hotel reservation will be unused but someone said to me that I still need to get hotel reservation and that why I need to know via here if hotel reservation is needed. Because my Aunt want to accommodate me.

It doesn't make sense for your for your Aunt to invite you and you claim you will be staying in a hotel. Or what else is the hotel reservation for?

This is how it works; if you get invited by someone with a letter supporting that, you are expected to be accommodated by that person. Hotel reservations are usually used by people who have not been invited by anyone in the US.

As for who to sponsor your trip; if you are a working adult with good pay, you are expected to sponsor yourself.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by mysoopafly: 8:33am On Feb 09, 2015
Please anyone who about the dubai visa regulations with Usa embassy as the earlier contributor mentioned should be buttress to assist people that intends using dubai as their first international trip.
Thanks all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hamsong: 11:08am On Feb 09, 2015
Hello all,

Please I need a quick advice, I intend to travel to the U.S for a conference my company is sponsoring. Do I still need to go to the embassy with my personal account statement and pay slips.

Will appreciate your quick response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.