Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,866 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060561 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
Buhatti pack all una docs go UK abegi. If possible apply with the kids. I just hope your account statement has a steady progression of inflow not just one crazy lump sum. #Hugs
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bugativeron: 10:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Buhatti pack all una docs go UK abegi. If possible apply with the kids. I just hope your account statement has a steady progression of inflow not just one crazy lump sum. #Hugs

As per my account statement I was even shocked when my bank printed it out for six months. it was about 50pages with flow of about 12million naira within six months with a lot of flow in and out of it. no lump sum.

So i dont even want to bother myself with what went wrong. Wify was pissed of and I know it will take grace of God to drag her near that embassy again.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by colored(m): 12:14am On Apr 14, 2015
bugativeron:
Now I need to think of another country that will be okay and romantic enough for us as per the 10th anniversary, but not any African country, I have seen them from SA suncity to Victoria falls to great migration in Nairobi, now I need to go beyond Africa.
Maldives. its a beautiful country. trust me it is the perfect place for your anniversary! and its visa free

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Motunbaby: 7:42am On Apr 14, 2015
Hi everyone...pls help out on this.......my visa is in a passport that would expire in three months, tho I intend to spend more than 3months in the US, I already done a new one but I booked my ticket with the soon to expire one. Would that pose a problem since the one I I used at my visa in it has a cancelled stamp on it.
Secondly how much should a family of 4 have as bta?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bornequally: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2015
Good morning house,these goes to my brother with weeding anniversary(bugativeron) and the WHOLE HOUSE . I think what these PEOPLE need(VO) is just a straight answer(s),not too much english. I viewed some of ur answer above(my brother with weeding anniversary) VO: What do u do, My Brother: sales man BUT regional Manager to be specific. VO: How much d u earn monthly. My Brother:#666,000 GRASS Monthly income. (1). YOU SAID SALES MAN AND BUT. WHY BUT AGAIN ITS MEANS U DONT SURE OF WHAT U DO
(2).THE MONTHLY INCOME SHD BE NET INCOME NOT GROSS INCOME
NET:TOTAL INCOME AFTER ALL DEDUCTIONS (TAX,TRANSPORT,FEEDING HOUSING ETC)
GROSS:TOTAL INCOME WITHOUT DEDUCTIONS.
Thats just my view AND this may correct or not
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bugativeron: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2015
bornequally:
Good morning house,these goes to my brother with weeding anniversary(bugativeron) and the WHOLE HOUSE . I think what these PEOPLE need(VO) is just a straight answer(s),not too much english. I viewed some of ur answer above(my brother with weeding anniversary) VO: What do u do, My Brother: sales man BUT regional Manager to be specific. VO: How much d u earn monthly. My Brother:#666,000 GRASS Monthly income. (1). YOU SAID SALES MAN AND BUT. WHY BUT AGAIN ITS MEANS U DONT SURE OF WHAT U DO
(2).THE MONTHLY INCOME SHD BE NET INCOME NOT GROSS INCOME
NET:TOTAL INCOME AFTER ALL DEDUCTIONS (TAX,TRANSPORT,FEEDING HOUSING ETC)
GROSS:TOTAL INCOME WITHOUT DEDUCTIONS.
Thats just my view AND this may correct or not

Must there be a specific way of answering questions? What is too much grammar? I beg leave all these stories. Must we be stereotyped because of Visa application. Please i dont need to bother my head over what ought to be and not. I cant be cracking my head over what goes on in her mind cos i dont have the full details.

But do I look genuine enough, yes. At least in those days of difficulty in getting UK visa I did get even with all the interviews involve, so why should I now be subjected to rigorous analysis on top visa matter.

Please we shouldn't be killing our selves over what goes on in somebody's mind. For all you care it may even not be linked with what you are even thinking

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by koolkenzo(m): 11:31am On Apr 14, 2015
Hello everyone in the house, I had my interview yesterday in abuja and I was denied.
My interview went this way:

VO: good morning
ME: good morning
VO: where are you going in the US
ME: Houston, Texas.
VO: your purpose
ME: I am invited to attend my elder brother graduation ceremony.
VO: where do you work
ME: bla bla bla
VO: what's your position
ME: I am the Managing Director of bla bla
VO: what's your company into
ME: it's a construction company
VO: how much do you earn
ME: 350000 monthly after tax
VO: have you travel as family before
ME: No expect our trip to Ghana for our honeymoon
VO: I can see you were in SA last year
VO: turn to my wife and asked her if she has made any trip on her own since after our honeymoon
My Wife: No
VO: have you travel with your baby before
ME: no, he's just 13 months and we have no been opportune to embark on anytrip because of work.
VO: at this point, I am sorry bla bla bla. She denied us.

The most annoying part of the whole interview was when she was busy asking questions about my 13 month son and he never looked at any document not even the invitation letter from the school.

Please I really want to know where we got it wrong because I would love to reapply again after 3 months for a family holiday.

She was very busy denying everybody...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 14, 2015
koolkenzo:

Please I really want to know where we got it wrong because I would love to reapply again after 3 months for a family holiday.

Consider taking a family trip with your wife and kid to either UK or Schengen zone and re-apply after 90days, that might boost your chances and also count as a change in your circumstances.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
I agree with Don Shine. Get travel history with the whole family I.e with your baby join. Also give it time abeg. This 3 month thing is too near

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by bornequally: 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
To me is like we are making money for these people,why with a family(31,200 x3) or more,let try individual if it work fine and if does not than wasting money. And I noticed something I don't know if is going to work or not when filling ur appointment form make sure ur interview date is like 2 or 3 weeks to ur date of departure so as not give them reason or think u are going to reapplying. Sorry for denied.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by darlingboi: 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
Pls I need ur advice my bro went to interview yesterday [american embassy] he answered all d questions and when dy now see his passport dat he has traveled to dubia dy refuse him visa pls wot do u think dat might cause dat ? Pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
darlingboi:
Pls I need ur advice my bro went to interview yesterday [american embassy] he answered all d questions and when dy now see his passport dat he has traveled to dubia dy refuse him visa pls wot do u think dat might cause dat ? Pls

What questions were asked and what answers did he give? Was he an eligible visitor?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
darlingboi:

He has NOT been denied jut because he went to Dubai!
What did they write on the rejection slip?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by o2tvseries: 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ask ur Bro if he stayed longer than expected in Dubai
travelling to dubai na crime?

darlingboi:
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 4:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
o2tvseries:
Ask ur Bro if he stayed longer than expected in Dubai
travelling to dubai na crime?
Yes more to this than poster has said!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by namek2: 5:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
are you sure is not a dubai fake visa stamp on his passport,?

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ibabdul1: 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
My fellow Nairaland, I want to ask a question before I filled a wrong thing on the form. I have a job and married .My wife is also working. I want to visit my brother in the US alone because my wife leave was not approved, I got the necessary document ready. Meanwhile my brother's wife said he want to sponsor my trip that I should make her my sponsor. Please will this not bring a red flag? I need you candid opinion as soon as possible. Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
ibabdul1:
My fellow Nairaland, I want to ask a question before I filled a wrong thing on the form. I have a job, am married and my wife also is working. I want to visit my brother in the US alone because my wife leave was not approved, I got the necessary document ready. Meanwhile my brother's wife said he want to sponsor my trip that I should make her my sponsor. Please will this not bring a red flag? I need you candid opinion as soon as possible. Thank you.

Since u dey work and u receive income, it is expected of u to be able to finance ur trip, if ur brother's wife wants to sponsor u, let her sponsorship begins when u arrive and not during the visa applications, don't make ur application look like she will be sponsoring you.. sad
Re: Usa Visit Visa by passionantchica: 5:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hi guys!
I decided to join this Forum, considering that I read a few posts off here before
my interview today.

My interview was this morning in Lagos.
Here's how it went:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning (gave a half-smile cos I was a tad tense)

VO: (Eyes on his monitor) So you're going to.........Arkansas(he answers the question himself)
Me: Yes, Arkansas.

VO: Ever been to the United States?
Me: No, first time.
VO: Ever applied for a US visa?
Me: No.

VO: (Eyes on the monitor) What do you do? (Looks at me) What does your company do?
Me: We sell ***
VO: Yes... (nods head in seeming agreement)

VO: You're attending a training?
Me: Yes
VO: The training is by....?
Me: **** ***, in the United States. We are dealers of their products in Nigeria.

VO: And this training is for......different people to come together and network?
Me: It's for all the dealers, worldwide, to come learn new developments on the products.

VO: Any immediate relative living in the United States?
Me: You mean resident in the United States?(I intentionally clarified this)

VO: Yes, maybe a mother, father, sister, brother, living in the United States.
Me: No, none.

VO: Are you married?
VO: Any children?
Me: I have a daughter

VO: You're responsible for the Sales and marketing unit?(eyes on monitor)
ME: Sales, Marketing and general office administration

VO: How many staff in your sales team?
ME: Just one

VO: Anyone else attending the training from your sales team? (looks at me)
Me: No, just me.

VO: (turns to his right and scribbles something on the white paper)
Your visa is approved, come pick it up on Monday

Me: Thank you.

I appeared calm throughout the interview which lasted for approx 2 minutes But as soon as
he said my visa was approved, I was so excited I almost couldn't walk.

All the best to other applicants in the house.

8 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by o2tvseries: 5:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
Congrats
I am going with my wife to collect ours on Tuesday
i will come share the goodnews here grin

passionantchica:
Hi guys!
I decided to join this Forum, considering that I read a few posts off here before
my interview today.

My interview was this morning in Lagos.
Here's how it went:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning (gave a half-smile cos I was a tad tense)

VO: (Eyes on his monitor) So you're going to.........Arkansas(he answers the question himself)
Me: Yes, Arkansas.

VO: Ever been to the United States?
Me: No, first time.
VO: Ever applied for a US visa?
Me: No.

VO: (Eyes on the monitor) What do you do? (Looks at me) What does your company do?
Me: We sell ***
VO: Yes... (nods head in seeming agreement)

VO: You're attending a training?
VO: The training is by....?
Me: **** ***, in the United States. We are dealers of their products in Nigeria.

VO: And this training is for......different people to come together and network?
Me: It's for all the dealers, worldwide, to come learn new developments on the products.

VO: Any immediate relative living in the United States?
Me: You mean resident in the United States?(I intentionally clarified this)

VO: Yes, maybe a mother, father, sister, brother, living in the United States.
Me: No, none.

VO: Are you married?
VO: Any children?
Me: I have a daughter

VO: You're responsible for the Sales and marketing unit?(eyes on monitor)
ME: Sales, Marketing and general office administration

VO: How many staff in your sales team?
ME: Just one

VO: Anyone else attending the training from your sales team? (looks at me)
Me: No, just me.

VO: (turns to his right and scribbles something on the white paper)
Your visa is approved, come pick it up on Monday

Me: Thank you.

I appeared calm throughout the interview which lasted for approx 2 minutes But as soon as
he said my visa was approved, I was so excited I almost couldn't walk.

All the best to other applicants in the house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ibabdul1: 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
Thanks Shinajackie but I heard that Americans doesn't look at that since the person that want to sponsor is capable and the woman in question is doing it just to contribute to my trip and to show love to my brother. But does that really mean the CO could have any doubt.

shinejackie:

Since u dey work and u receive income, it is expected of u to be able to finance ur trip, if ur brother's wife wants to sponsor u, let her sponsorship begins when u arrive and not during the visa applications, don't make ur application look like she will be sponsoring you.. sad
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
ibabdul1:
Thanks Shinajackie but I heard that Americans doesn't look at that since the person that want to sponsor is capable and the woman in question is doing it just to contribute to my trip and to show love to my brother. But does that really mean the CO could have any doubt.

You are expected to be able to fund ur trip, u are working, u earn income, why will u be dependent on your brothers wife to fund ur trip to the US .......supposing she is providing accommodation for you on arrival, that is understandable but to sponsor your trip from naija, he get as he be oo, avoid anything that will make dem look at u as a potential immigrant who wants to run....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by medoyin(m): 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
House please help. I just applied and booked an appointment for July but something came up in my school and my appointment date needs to be changed to Sept or Oct.

What can I do to avoid paying another 30k+??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
ibabdul1:

Do not ask a question if you already have something in mind to do. The Don has answered your question with reasons to support, yet you persist in your plan. So why did you ask the question na?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ibabdul1: 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Do not ask a question if you already have something in mind to do. The Don has answered your question with reasons to support, yet you persist in your plan. So why did you ask the question na?

LadyG but that was quiet harsh, if I have made my decision or know what to do I wouldn't have asked, the person given me suggestion is speaking based on his idea and there is nothing wrong if I should respond back.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
ibabdul1:

LadyG but that was quiet harsh, if I have made my decision or know what to do I wouldn't have asked, the person given me suggestion is speaking based on his idea and there is nothing wrong if I should respond back.
U r right. I apologise. Having a bad day from my own visa waka issues. I took it out on the virtual bashing board.
Lemme rephrase, its better ti sponsor yourself. Shows u r solid in naija and not a wishy washy applicant.
#stretchesouthand

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

U r right. I apologise. Having a bad day from my own visa waka issues. I took it out on the virtual bashing board.
Lemme rephrase, its better ti sponsor yourself. Shows u r solid in naija and not a wishy washy applicant.
#stretchesouthand

Really, what happened LadyGuinivere .......don't tell me it was negative oo embarassed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
shinejackie:

Really, what happened LadyGuinivere .......don't tell me it was negative oo embarassed
Its nextweek. Just printed my proof of funds and realised by d xchange rate it was 6k short. Needless to say I had disbursed some funds after printing. I'll just join another statement to it with the 6k inside sad
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Its nextweek. Just printed my proof of funds and realised by d xchange rate it was 6k short. Needless to say I had disbursed some funds after printing. I'll just join another statement to it with the 6k inside sad

ahh, it is a minor problem, wish you luck.. cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bugativeron: 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Is it to US Embassy or where?

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.