Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061275 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:35am On Apr 23, 2015
chloe7:
LadyGuinivere how was the trip to Ghana? I hope everything went well?
I does not go o!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 23, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I does not go o!
ahan what happened na? You changed your mind?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:02am On Apr 23, 2015
chloe7:
ahan what happened na? You changed your mind?
Yes nne. For reasons which I can't post here.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by talk2jt(f): 9:05am On Apr 23, 2015
Good morning Guys, I learnt so much from this thread, thank you to everyone who shared their experiences on this forum and also those who advised on how to proceed. Below is an my transcript;

VO: Good morning, how are you?
Me: I'm fine good morning.
VO: Where in America are you going?
Me: Chicago
VO: Why?
Me: I am going as a tourist for my vacation
VO: You work in xyz
Me: Yes I do
VO: Please place your four fingers on the machine
Me: * I placed my fingers*
VO: What do you do there?
Me: I am a mechanical engineer
VO: How much do you earn?
Me: Bleep,000
VO: Do you have a letter from xyz?
Me: Yes
VO: Let me see
Me: *i gave it to her and she read through it*
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Do you have kids?
Me: No
VO: Have you traveled out of the country?
Me: Yes, twice to the UK and twice to UAE
VO: *flips through my passports* You also went to UK on vacation?
Me: Yes
VO: Your visa has been approved kindly pick it up on Friday *hands over a white paper where she circled my pickup location*
Me: Thank you.

I was interviewed by a lady. Funny thing is on my interview day, the ladies appeared so mean, they were denying a lot of people. I wanted to be interviewed by a white young dude at window 11, that guy was so generous. There was a woman that couldn't speak English, the guy spoke with her in Yoruba, I was shocked. He was so nice to her and he approved her visa. Everyone wanted the guy at window 11. My advice to single ladies like me, make sure you have traveled out of the country at least twice to correct places oh, not Ghana, Togo etc. Because if you are single and you haven't traveled before, the answer is almost always NO!

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jeffex(m): 9:06am On Apr 23, 2015
shinejackie:
You are given 2years visa, it does not guarantee you stay indefinitely in the US, you have a maximum of 180 days endorsed on your passport on arrival subject to the discretion of border officials, if you stay beyond the months or weeks endorsed on your passport, you become an illegal, you can stay indefinitely in the US if you are a PR holder (Green card holder or US citizen)......it is better you adhere to the terms and conditions of your visa.. wink
shinejackie:
You are given 2years visa, it does not guarantee you stay indefinitely in the US, you have a maximum of 180 days endorsed on your passport on arrival subject to the discretion of border officials, if you stay beyond the months or weeks endorsed on your passport, you become an illegal, you can stay indefinitely in the US if you are a PR holder (Green card holder or US citizen)......it is better you adhere to the terms and conditions of your visa.. wink
[quote author=shinejackie post=33011959].
Thanks for the clarification also within the 180days That was endorsed on your passport to stay that certain period and what if you get a job over there and you had a working permit will this also help you gain more stay in the US?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 23, 2015
Excellentman no need to drag this matter back and forward you have already been given advice on what to do, the truth is all those Nigerians that live abroad can be annoying, even before you come they will asking how many days you will spend in their house, so by so doing I stay at travel lodge, even my blood sister when I stay with her one week she will start to threaten to send me out after every small disagreement not to talk of friend.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 23, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

okay my friend, no problem at all, it is well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 23, 2015
[quote author=Jeffex post=33015585][/quote]you cannot work or get a job on your b1/b2 visa, you can't violate the terms of your visa. You can't even get a proper job or permit on that visa. It is better to go after everything the proper way
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 23, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

And I was waiting to hear the good news. It's all good. . .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:21am On Apr 23, 2015
Jeffex! (Repeat 2 more times for emphasis)
If you get a B1/B2 visa, you are estopped from working by a clause in that same visa that is on your kpale.
That means that 1. You cannot /shuldnt not work 2. You cannot get a work visa whilst on a B1/B2 visa. No exceptions.
Anything but is an exception, a crime and violation of your visa. If you want to work, plz find out the proper way (its longer but purer) before u kuku loss the 2 year visa you hustle for

Congrats Talk2

E be like say na the ghost readers on this thread de get d visa pass o! I go soon turn to ghost commenter! Lol

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jeffex(m): 9:49am On Apr 23, 2015
@ladyguinivere & Chloe thanks for the response I appreciate it a lot tho I'm only trying to find more information bcus a company in the states wanted to send me an invitation letter to hire me work for them so I'd like to know the best way I could go about it
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 9:53am On Apr 23, 2015
Good Good News....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 9:55am On Apr 23, 2015
chloe7:
you cannot work or get a job on your b1/b2 visa, you can't violate the terms of your visa. You can't even get a proper job or permit on that visa. It is better to go after everything the proper way

hello mrs....hw u doing??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 23, 2015
Jeffex:
@ladyguinivere & Chloe thanks for the response I appreciate it a lot tho I'm only trying to find more information bcus a company in the states wanted to send me an invitation letter to hire me work for them so I'd like to know the best way I could go about it
a work visa is a J category visa and you can read up about it on the Internet, and find out how to go about it
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 23, 2015
Teeboy22:

hello mrs....hw u doing??
i'm doing very well thanks, how about you?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 10:02am On Apr 23, 2015
chloe7:
i'm doing very well thanks, how about you?

doing great...how is the cold n gbogbo enjoyment over there now grin ,D grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 23, 2015
Teeboy22:

doing great...how is the cold n gbogbo enjoyment over there now grin ,D grin
i'm back in Nigeria already na cold pursue me come back
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2015
Excellentman:
Hello house , I need an experienced info on this issue

I was approved b1/b2 March was to travel to TX to my friend who invited me, but he called that he's coming into Nigeria for weeks holiday so I waited to return back to USA with him. But now he has moved from Tx to another state where he now lives just after my visa approval.

So on the travel date we boarded flight together got to Atlanta POE and being that he's an US citizen he had gone to fast track while I was on the long que for visa like 800's people . So the cbp asked me my mission which is visiting a friend . They tried calling my friend but phone was switch off being in the airport there are restricted area where phones can't be operated . But on my I-94 form filled as I couldn't get my friend I input the original address which I used at the embassy but being that we both traveling together I bought a flight ticket to NC.

While waiting at the secondary check they still trying to reach my friend still not success and I told them we both came in that most probably he might has broad his flight to his destination cos he's flying on his returned tkt, my connection flight was for 11am . To cut the story short cbp made a decision to cancelled my visa and advice me that I could re apply for a visa that I wasn't ban . Please house anyone with similar news and is it always a good result after re applying for a visa using the same individual as ur point of contact . My friend later called them that at lease I should be given 24hours because they could finalised on a decision which so cruel. He's ready to show all prove that he was in the flight that he never thought I was stopped for questioning and he has no access to phone by the time cbp were calling to verify if it's true he was on the same flight and going to his house in NC

Please I need some sort of advice because I want to re apply again soonest . Sorry if there are errors in typing lol.

Reapply with hotel booking, obviously your friend chickened out.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2015
chloe7:
i'm back in Nigeria already na cold pursue me come back

like seriously...when did you come back...i dnt no oo..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2015
Teeboy22:

like seriously...when did you come back...i dnt no oo..
last week Tuesday
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 10:17am On Apr 23, 2015
chloe7:
last week Tuesday

aite..welcome bck...

Enjoy ur day..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2015
chloe7:
a work visa is a J category visa and you can read up about it on the Internet, and find out how to go about it

H-1B visa is what he will need not J-1 visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 23, 2015
babbs45:

H-1B visa is what he will need not J-1 visa.
Ehen you sef have started reading about it, so just find the correct way to go about it
Re: Usa Visit Visa by namek2: 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
my visa was denied 2day what a bad day,am so tied
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
namek2:
sorry about the denial, share your transcript
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
namek2:
Did you submit letters from your employer stating that you were allowed leave and would be returning to work afterwards?
What other "strong ties to home" did you submit?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
namek2:

So sorry about that bro, please post transcript of interview
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Jeffex! (Repeat 2 more times for emphasis)
If you get a B1/B2 visa, you are estopped from working by a clause in that same visa that is on your kpale.
That means that 1. You cannot /shuldnt not work 2. You cannot get a work visa whilst on a B1/B2 visa. No exceptions.
Anything but is an exception, a crime and violation of your visa. If you want to work, plz find out the proper way (its longer but purer) before u kuku loss the 2 year visa you hustle for

Congrats Talk2

E be like say na the ghost readers on this thread de get d visa pass o! I go soon turn to ghost commenter! Lol

I tell you. Ghost mode activated.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jejoade: 2:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
I don't agree with you kenya is a tourist country and you must have a visa to enter and the flight fee is equivalent to dubai. have gone before. just recently.

justwise:
If you are a family and wants to build travel history that
counts then don't bother wasting your money and time
going to Ghana, Kenya or other African countries that are
visa free to Nigeria or cost very little to travel to, they will
not help your immigration profile especially if you want to
apply for visa to EU/Western countries.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 2:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
Jejoade:
I don't agree with you kenya is a tourist country and you must have a visa to enter and the flight fee is equivalent to dubai. have gone before. just recently.

justwise:
If you are a family and wants to build travel history that
counts then don't bother wasting your money and time
going to Ghana, Kenya or other African countries that are
visa free to Nigeria or cost very little to travel to, they will
not help your immigration profile especially if you want to
apply for visa to EU/Western countries.

That is not the point, visa requirements for Kenyan is nothing compare to EU countries, Canada or US let a lone cost of flight to those countries mentioned.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
justwise:
[b]

That is not the point, visa requirements for Kenyan is nothing compare to EU countries, Canada or US let a lone cost of flight to those countries mentioned.
Gentlemen abegi! We haff argue this thing plenty. Make evbody do the one em pocket gree am
Re: Usa Visit Visa by olafey: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
Can you go travel to the US on a one way ticket and book your return when you get there without any problem at the POE. ( the person is not certain about the date of return cos she's still lobbying for more time at her place of work and she saw a cheap flight offer she wants to take advantage of).

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.