Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060543 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:51am On Jul 28, 2015
rholovely:
hi nairalander, am new in this forum. my father-in -law asked my to get a passport,then i should apply for a conference in U.S . pls i know nothing about traveling. i approached series of agent. they are all asking for in between #700,000 to #1million naira. to be candid, i dont have such money, if i did, i wont dream of traveling. pls how do i go about it.
your advice is highly appreciated.
Go to the US website. Read about the procedure for application.
Go down the thread and read about conferences and people that applied. U can start from page 50.
When u are through, you can now ask a specific question for clarification
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nna4ke: 7:14am On Jul 28, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Go to the US website. Read about the procedure for application.
Go down the thread and read about conferences and people that applied. U can start from page 50.
When u are through, you can now ask a specific question for clarification

--------------------

Good day ladyguinivere, and Co, pls I want to ask if its possible to get a job in the US with a Visit Visa?

Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kinghenry1751(m): 7:47am On Jul 28, 2015
allen0000:

Everything in life is all about trial, US visa is no visa to Heaven, and US Visa is not a do or die affair, If you can afford the appointment fee and your transportation to the Embassy, Then I'll advise you to fill the DS160 form, book the appointment then honestly answer all the questions cos what you fill in your form is what you will be asked. Be bold and honest. Try first but make sure you print out your statement but i dont think the VO will have such time to go through your documents, but for asking sake, print your statement and pray, go there. I wish you success

Thanks sir,I will try my luck and I hope this time I will be lucky.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 7:49am On Jul 28, 2015
nna4ke:

Good day ladyguinivere, and Co, pls I want to ask if its possible to get a job in the US with a Visit Visa?
Thanks.

No you can not get a job with a visiting visa.
If you try to work as an illegal you face deportation and a life of stress looking everywhere for those who will report you to officials.
This has been stated hundreds of times before.
You should read back through this section for more information.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by rholovely: 9:21am On Jul 28, 2015
Pls can I have the link to the US Website. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oyi2: 9:25am On Jul 28, 2015
Google is your friend

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:31am On Jul 28, 2015
nna4ke:

--------------------

Thanks.
You just said it...visit visa. Not a work visa. So no I do not advice you to work with a Visit visa. It is illegal.

Rholovely like oyi told you, please use google and ask for america website in Nigeria.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 11:44am On Jul 28, 2015
Hello NL,

My student have not been able to create an account on the appionment website for 4 days now. He plans to travel in mid September 2015. Is anyone experiencing this problem. Is it possible to use my account to schedule an interview appointment for him. Note he has filled and submitted his DS160 form and paid the visa fee. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
ekpotek:
Hello NL,

My student have not been able to create an account on the appionment website for 4 days now. He plans to travel in mid September 2015. Is anyone experiencing this problem. Is it possible to use my account to schedule an interview appointment for him. Note he has filled and submitted his DS160 form and paid the visa fee. Thanks
No.
#agentradarpinging!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oyi2: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sorry I don't believe this story you are trying to sell. Pleased try again later undecided
ekpotek:
Hello NL,

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
oyi2:
Sorry I don't believe this story you are trying to sell. Pleased try again later undecided

@oyi. Please if you have been able to create an account to book your appointment lately. Just say so and don't be sarcastic. I just asked a simple question. Note I am not an agent, which you can confirm from my previous threads.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

No.
#agentradarpinging!

@LadyGuinvere. No you have misunderstood my post. I can log into my own account, but I am unable to create a new account for my student to use in booking his appointment. We have also asked from friends outside the country and they say it a general problem for new user. I don't know if you have tried to create a new user account lately and was successful? We have even send email to the U.S. embassy to complain. We will keep trying so that he can book an appointment on time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
ekpotek:

@LadyGuinvere. No you have misunderstood my post. I can log into my own account, but I am unable to create a new account for my student to use in booking his appointment. We have also asked from friends outside the country and they say it a general problem for new user. I don't know if you have tried to create a new user account lately and was successful? We have even send email to the U.S. embassy to complain. We will keep trying so that he can book an appointment on time.
Ok sowwie. I'm standing down and sheathing my sword..but the answer is still no.
The profile details must match d ds 160 details so carry patience until the ish is solved
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Ok sowwie. I'm standing down and sheathing my sword..but the answer is still no.
The profile details must match d ds 160 details so carry patience until the ish is solved

The bold is noted, we will keep trying until he can get an appointment booked on time. Cheers
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ikuoma4rea: 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
Denied visa, reason is that you have not demonstrated ties that will compel u to return to your home country.invitation letter was not even requested from me.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
ikuoma4rea:
Denied visa, reason is that you have not demonstrated ties that will compel u to return to your home country.invitation letter was not even requested from me.
Sorry! Transcript?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vickero: 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
hello guys i am trying to book a family appointment i have filled different ds160 forms for my wife ,self and son.I want to know how to book all three for the same day.I have also created a profile but dont seem how to figure it out from there.One more thing the earliest first available on the site was 24 of september,if this is so how can i get an earlier date?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by loladeowoeye5: 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hello to you all in the house.Pls would love to hear your sound advice on my questions.I am my wife intend to travel to U.S for tourism.She has been to U.K once she just returned from U.K. I was the one that sponsor that trip.I haven't travel abroad but I've been to african contries.She is working with American international insurance company plc(AIICO) she's a unit manager.I am a business man i inherited it from my dad a youghurt company that produces youghurt,ice creame,and i am also into sea food proceses my worth is 7,000.000, and the companys worth is close to 50,000.000 the business has been in existence since 1994.We plan to visit orlando and for just 10days we will stay in hotel for that 10days because we don't know anyone.My concern is,going through many peoples experiences here shows that we will need a strong ties to this country....pls in my case what should I do? I have aged parents here and we are just 2,a sister who is in her 300level in the uni.My wife too has aged father who is a widower I am the one taking care of them all.Should I mention all this to convince the consular?The truth is am Very much financially ok here and no reason to Go and not return.Pls house I need your sincere advice.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
vickero:
hello guys i am trying to book a family appointment i have filled different ds160 forms for my wife ,self and son.I want to know how to book all three for the same day.I have also created a profile but dont seem how to figure it out from there.One more thing the earliest first available on the site was 24 of september,if this is so how can i get an earlier date?

Hello.Try adding them in Step 6.

You can add as many as you need to here i guess. This is what i did for me and my mum.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by vickero: 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
pls how can i get an earlier date currently that website(24 september) my sons birthday is on the 31st of august and anything before then will be fine.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
loladeowoeye5:

Hello to you all in the house.Pls would love to hear your sound advice on my questions.I am my wife intend to travel to U.S for tourism.She has been to U.K once she just returned from U.K. I was the one that sponsor that trip.I haven't travel abroad but I've been to african contries.She is working with American international insurance company plc(AIICO) she's a unit manager.I am a business man i inherited it from my dad a youghurt company that produces youghurt,ice creame,and i am also into sea food proceses my worth is 7,000.000, and the companys worth is close to 50,000.000 the business has been in existence since 1994.We plan to visit orlando and for just 10days we will stay in hotel for that 10days because we don't know anyone.My concern is,going through many peoples experiences here shows that we will need a strong ties to this country....pls in my case what should I do? I have aged parents here and we are just 2,a sister who is in her 300level in the uni.My wife too has aged father who is a widower I am the one taking care of them all.Should I mention all this to convince the consular?The truth is am Very much financially ok here and no reason to Go and not return.Pls house I need your sincere advice.

Fill your DS-160 and tell the truth the way you narrated your profile here, tell the truth and nothing but the truth, you have a good profile and tie to bring you back to your country. Have you traveled together as a family with your wife?.....do you have kids?......those are the areas you should be looking at because questions might likely come from that angle, lastly, google tourist locations in Orlando and make it handy in-case they ask you where you will be visiting in Orlando.... cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vallyofpeace: 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
loladeowoeye5:

If the above is just the way it is. Then head straight to the embassy and pick up your visa. Please don't involve an agent. Agents will duplicate your documents for other people in the process ruin the reputation of your company.

Meanwhile the bolded is not necessary. This is a public forum.

My 2 cent.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by loladeowoeye5: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
That's for your prompt respond Jehovah will bless u.As for the questions you asked. I haven't travel together with my because our itinerary is always different.That's Why we decided to go together this time around. As for the 2nd question Yes I have a 12year old son. He was born when I was in the university in 2003.I did not marry his mum thou.The boy lives with me also.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by loladeowoeye5: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thanks for your prompt respond Jehovah will bless u.As for the questions you asked. I haven't travel together with my wife because our itinerary is always different.That's Why we decided to go together this time around. As for the 2nd question Yes I have a 12year old son. He was born when I was in the university in 2003.I did not marry his mum thou.The boy lives with me also
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
rholovely:
hi nairalander, am new in this forum. my father-in -law asked my to get a passport,then i should apply for a conference in U.S . pls i know nothing about traveling. i approached series of agent. they are all asking for in between #700,000 to #1million naira. to be candid, i dont have such money, if i did, i wont dream of traveling. pls how do i go about it.
what will the agent do with the 700k? is it just to fill ds160 or what?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vickero: 4:50am On Jul 29, 2015
Hello guys,how can I get an earlier appointment? I logged in and earliest I cld get was 24th september and I want something in august pls.pls urgent response needed guys.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 29, 2015
rholovely:

Don't waste your money going to the agents!

You would waste #1million naira on someone who can't even gaurantee your success? This is just crazy to me.
The agents often give bad information or fake stamps to make candidates look like they have more travel than they do - and that leads to an instant refusal.

It's about #32000 naira to apply for the U.S. visa (processing fees) and all we ask is that you show up to your interview with your DS-160 confirmation sheet, your passport, and some honesty. If you just aren't qualified at the time then you just aren't qualified. That isn't negative. If you get fraudulent documents to support your travel, that will stick with you forever.

6 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by princemoyemi(m): 9:25am On Jul 29, 2015
Gud morning all, pls i need a clarification. I applied for B1B2 visa last year for a conference to be sponse by my employer. Then i work with Local govt but i was refused. Now av gotten a job with a bank and i need to go visiting. What are d my chances of winning and hope d first one wont affect dis?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dmt1981: 10:03am On Jul 29, 2015
Hello LagosNIV, my interview appointment was yesterday but I was turned back and wasn't allowed to attend my interview, reasons was because I edited my DS-160 form and hence a new confirmation code was generated, even though I Duly contacted CGI to have my profile updated with my new confirmation number and it was successful, only for getting to the embassy to discover that they still had the old confirmation. My dilemma is I was given the opportunity to reschedule but I unfortunately I can't find any appointment dates before my intended travel dates filled on the form and on the letter given to me when I was turned back, it's states that I shouldn't fill a new DS 160 form. My question is can I retrieve my DS 160 form and fill in my new travel intents? obviously this will regenerate another confirmation number. I am new here and I really need a sound advise as I am very confused.

1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 29, 2015
Dmt1981:
Hello LagosNIV, my interview appointment was yesterday but I was turned back and wasn't allowed to attend my interview, reasons was because I edited my DS-160 form and hence a new confirmation code was generated, even though I Duly contacted CGI to have my profile updated with my new confirmation number and it was successful, only for getting to the embassy to discover that they still had the old confirmation. My dilemma is I was given the opportunity to reschedule but I unfortunately I can't find any appointment dates before my intended travel dates filled on the form and on the letter given to me when I was turned back, it's states that I shouldn't fill a new DS 160 form. My question is can I retrieve my DS 160 form and fill in my new travel intents? obviously this will regenerate another confirmation number. I am new here and I really need a sound advise as I am very confused.

how did you know it was successful? Did you go back to print a new appointment confirmation reflecting the changes?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dmt1981: 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
Zelinjo:

how did you know it was successful? Did you go back to print a new appointment confirmation reflecting the changes?

Yes I did print a new appointment confirmation with the new confirmation number on my application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.