Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059679 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Travelholic: 11:19am On Feb 22, 2013
Hi Chizyb,

No, I'm not married but engaged. And I want to go on vacation only for few weeks and then come back to Nigeria as I've been working here with a very good company on a stable position. And also the contact I have in US, a distant relative, he also has confirmed through emails that I will be visiting him for few days and he has a very strong position in US in a well reputed company.

Any further comments?

Thanks,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chizyb: 11:26am On Feb 22, 2013
am afraid it will take the grace of God for you to be granted visa, sorry i dont mean to discourage u. but if u can get UK Visa first dat will improve ur chances
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chizyb: 11:30am On Feb 22, 2013
Basically the way they look at it,is that u have little or no commitment to force you come back to Nigeria which must of the case most of us that get such opportunity do not come back to naija because America is a land of opportunity. Except u work with a known oil company, ur chances will be increased.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Travelholic: 11:32am On Feb 22, 2013
Hi Chizyb,

No don't be sorry, it's ok to see every side of the fact. But I'd really like to know, what looks weak in my case? As personally I'm confident that I m not lying about anything and have all supported documents. Then what ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Travelholic: 11:34am On Feb 22, 2013
Oh I forgot to mention that I'm not Nigerian, I'm from one of the Middle Eastern countries and working here in a Telecom Company on a stable good position.

Thanks,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chizyb: 11:35am On Feb 22, 2013
Ur not married, no travel experience, no ties to make u come back. look at these carefully.[b]Ur not married, no travel experience, no ties to make u come back. look at these carefully.[/b]Ur not married, no travel experience, no ties to make u come back. look at these carefully.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Travelholic: 11:39am On Feb 22, 2013
I have travelled to a couple of countries in Middle East and keep visiting on regular basis. I'm engaged and getting married at the end of this year.

Do I have to show HOtel booking? As the plan for me to visit US is for June, I still have enough time.

Thanks,

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by chizyb: 11:54am On Feb 22, 2013
then it will be better u apply from ur country or else your office wants to apply on your behalf
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chizyb: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2013
or do u have a nigerian passport?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by aymanchy: 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
thanks @ Gbenge 77
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Spidyy: 9:52am On Feb 23, 2013
My interview was on the 14th of Nov for a B1/B2 visa and I was placed under admin processing. I finally got a call on the 11th of Jan to submitt my passport that my visa has been approved but I couldn't send in my passport as I was busy with work and also applied for a visa to Hungary.

The Hungarian embassy with held my passport from 19th of Dec and finally sent it back to me on the 8th of Feb after battling with them.I missed the conference for which I applied for for the U.S visa but then I still submitted my passport to the U.S consulate on the 11th of Feb for the stamping and was asked to come and get it on the 14th of Feb but I went and it wasn't ready I tried to track it on the passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com but it says "there is no update for the passport number submitted". So I found out I could check it on

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status . Which I did and found out it was on Admin processing again. I am wondering why it has gone back to Admin Processing again. I thought I was cleared for a visa? Now I'm startled and confused. Has this happened to anyone? Delay in submitting of passports?

Please advice.
Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adegokeadekola: 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2013
Hi Everyone,

PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ MY STORY AND PLEASE HELP ME OUT

My name is Adegoke, I really need your help please.

2008, i had little problem in Dublin after completing my Diploma study there, had to come back to 9ja, getting to 9ja my uncle link me up with is friend who is an agent.

The agent promised to get me a girl that won us visa lottery and my uncle promised to be responsible for the bill. I gave the agent all my info with my copy of my passport photograph.

6 months later, the agent came over to our house and told us he got a girl that won a visa lottery and he talk the girl already and the girl has agreed to the plan that they have filled the immigration Visa and send it back to the Unites state.

My uncle didnt believe the agent, that he should have come over with the immigration Visa form to our house and we should have fill it together.

My people na real serious matter, the agent was mad and my uncle was mad as well, This where my problem start ooooo

2009, i got married and set up my own business with the help of my uncle, I went for an interview at US embassy 2009 (Abuja), the VO mainly asked me about my visit to Dublin and my school experience.

Dnt know what the VO entered into is computer, and ask me if have applied for immigration Visa before and if i have a second wife, I told him No, that im only marry to one and that have never apply for immigration Visa before

He asked me again and turn is computer to me and said is this not you, then i see my picture, and he refused the visa that I should go and clear things up in Lagos cos thats where the application is.

Told my Uncle and he call is so call agent friend and the agent said,it was the immigration Visa application form he filled in for me and the girl that won Visa lottery back in 2008.

I paid a lawyer to help me out, and he sent our wedding and child naming ceremony picture with our marriage certificate and our two child birth certificate with back up note that im married to one wife and that have never applied for any immigration Visa.

The Us embassy Abuja reply back to the lawyer that they received the pics and other document sent, that i should Reapply again cos that decision made by the consular at the time of application is not open to appeal.

I want to Re apply now, please do you guys think the letter sent to the embassy by the lawyer with our wedding picture, marriage certificate, our children birth certificate with the naming ceremony picture, have been clear me from this immigration visa stuff with the girl.

If we go for the interview should i still maintain that i dont know the girl and that have never apply for immigration Visa before.

Please help me, anyone here have similar story, what do you think i can do when we go for the interview...please help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
adegokeadekola: Hi Everyone,

2008, i had little problem in Dublin after completing my Diploma study there, had to come back to 9ja, getting to 9ja my uncle link me up with is friend who is an agent.

The agent promised to get me a girl that won us visa lottery and my uncle promised to be responsible for the bill. I gave the agent all my info with my copy of my passport photograph.

6 months later, the agent came over to our house and told us he got a girl that won a visa lottery and he talk the girl already and the girl has agreed to the plan that they have filled the immigration Visa and send it back to the Unites state.

My uncle didnt believe the agent, that he should have come over with the immigration Visa form to our house and we should have fill it together.

My people na real serious matter, the agent was mad and my uncle was mad as well, This where my problem start ooooo

2009, i got married and set up my own business with the help of my uncle, I went for an interview at US embassy 2009 (Abuja), the VO mainly asked me about my visit to Dublin and my school experience.

Dnt know what the VO entered into is computer, and ask me if have applied for immigration Visa before and if i have a second wife, I told him No, that im only marry to one and that have never apply for immigration Visa before

He asked me again and turn is computer to me and said is this not you, then i see my picture, and he refused the visa that I should go and clear things up in Lagos cos thats where the application is.

Told my Uncle and he call is so call agent friend and the agent said,it was the immigration Visa application form he filled in for me and the girl that won Visa lottery back in 2008.

I paid a lawyer to help me out, and he sent our wedding and child naming ceremony picture with our marriage certificate and our two child birth certificate with back up note that im married to one wife and that have never applied for any immigration Visa.

The Us embassy Abuja reply back to the lawyer that they received the pics and other document sent, that i should Reapply again cos that decision made by the consular at the time of application is not open to appeal.

I want to Re apply now, please do you guys think the letter sent to the embassy by the lawyer with our wedding picture, marriage certificate, our children birth certificate with the naming ceremony picture, have been clear me from this immigration visa stuff with the girl.

If we go for the interview should i still maintain that i dont know the girl and that have never apply for immigration Visa before.

Please help me, anyone here have similar story, what do you think i can do when we go for the interview...please help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Spidyy: 9:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
adegokeadekola: Hi Everyone,

Bro as long as its your picture and name that comes up there on their system there is no lie that would convince this people that you are genuinely seeking entry into the U.S and return home to your country.
However, you can say you knew this girl and both of you were married but divorced , you might need to tender divorce papers and all and contact the girl because they will contact her to be sure when they put you on admin processing, they will make sure you aren't trying to go and meet her over there. Men I dunno but dont just lie to them again. Wish you luck.

That being said, somebody answer my own question naow.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lankywizar(m): 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2013
I will be getting married in August and I intend to spend my honeymoon in the US. I intend to do the court wedding in June before the interview, looking at a July date. We intend to stay in a hotel. Is there a way we can apply as a couple? Also I have to get a date as soon as possible,what do we fill as our marital status on the ds 120 form? I and my finacee are both bankers and our cummulative salary is over 500k per month, I have been to the uk and dubai several and I was denied a us visa in febuary last yr. What are our chances as she has a virgin passport.

Thanks in advance
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adegokeadekola: 10:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
@ spiddy, thanks men. but the girl is still in Nigeria, she couldn't go alone cos of what happened. I mean she couldn't go for interview at the embassy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Spidyy: 10:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
adegokeadekola: @ spiddy, thanks men. but the girl is still in Nigeria, she couldn't go alone cos of what happened. I mean she couldn't go for interview at the embassy

So start the process and set yourselves free. Get divorce papers present it to the VO as you are claiming to know her but you both are divorced then show evidence.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mysoopafly: 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
justwise:

What do you for a living? Do you work or own a business?

@justwise, i work with a private company here in lagos. earning 150k monthly through voucher payment and NOT bank remittance.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 11:34am On Feb 25, 2013
Spidyy:

That being said, somebody answer my own question naow.

Dude,
sorry about those guys delaying you with their administrative processing protocol et al.
Bottom line is they'd give you the Visa since you satisfied the CO during your interview@ the time (esp since they called you to drop your passport- it happened to someone I know).
Just be patient. Now the only ish, is when you travel, you may have some explaining to do with US immigration @ the Port of entry, since what you said you'd be going for has long passed. I just hope you are ready for that kinda probing.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 25, 2013
ayobj:

I WISH TO KNOW IF SHE STATED IN ANY OF HER APPLICATIONS THAT SHE IS MARRIED AND THE HUSBAND RESIDES IN THE USA?
the reason is that the VO will know automatically that she is intended to rejoin her hsuabnd
if the previous 3 refusals were as a maiden name,she should continue with the unmarried status for now.
she will get the vistors visa being that she is well employed here with responsibilities.

moreso,she has studied abroad and returned home despite working productively there.
the red flags will be the denials and the unmarried status which she can explain away.
she can get the b1/b2 but she should just visit and come back.
the visa should be valid till the husband is free and wife has the ability to get the k1 or k3.

all the very best.dicey situation.

@ Ayob
The lady was given her visa today. The VO did not ask her a single question and did not ask her for a single document. They only ask her how many days she will spend in the US.
Also, she said that she was the first person the VO at the booth she went to will grant the visa after nearly 2hrs today.
Just happen for her

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by christianmarks: 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
my interview date is acually the deadline of my resumption.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by christianmarks: 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
my interview date is actually the deadline of my resumption. please is their any chance of a success?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lankywizar(m): 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
lankywizar: I will be getting married in August and I intend to spend my honeymoon in the US. I intend to do the court wedding in June before the interview, looking at a July date. We intend to stay in a hotel. Is there a way we can apply as a couple? Also I have to get a date as soon as possible,what do we fill as our marital status on the ds 120 form? I and my finacee are both bankers and our cummulative salary is over 500k per month, I have been to the uk and dubai several and I was denied a us visa in febuary last yr. What are our chances as she has a virgin passport.

Thanks in advance
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 6:13pm On Feb 26, 2013
christianmarks: my interview date is actually the deadline of my resumption. please is their any chance of a success?

write your school and let them know

request for 1 additional week and take the letter with you to the embassy

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 11:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
Hello, av bn seeing great job may God help all of us....

Pls I need some guidance

I am single, I av a passport (virgin), my monthly Salary is 32k, I av a business in which av been running, I av applied ti register my Business name with corporate affairs Commission (CAC) in which I wl get a Cartificate of incorporation next week... I av a bulky Statement of account in which av bn transacting wt d account at least 250k comes weekly to d account some times 500k but I do remove d money for business purpose.... But I can afford to av a balance of 850k or more on my statement...

My uncle is invitine me to US wt his documents, his passports visa bank statement utility bills....

Please with all d above can u gv me. Some clue as to how to compose my format for d CO in lagos Consulate.... Chees.... Waiting for ur good guidance.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2013
phemobay: Hello, av bn seeing great job may God help all of us....

Pls I need some guidance

I am single, I av a passport (virgin), my monthly Salary is 32k, I av a business in which av been running, I av applied ti register my Business name with corporate affairs Commission (CAC) in which I wl get a Cartificate of incorporation next week... I av a bulky Statement of account in which av bn transacting wt d account at least 250k comes weekly to d account some times 500k but I do remove d money for business purpose.... But I can afford to av a balance of 850k or more on my statement...

My uncle is invitine me to US wt his documents, his passports visa bank statement utility bills....

Please with all d above can u gv me. Some clue as to how to compose my format for d CO in lagos Consulate.... Chees.... Waiting for ur good guidance.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hello guys can one give me the name of the conference site for me to check it out thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 10:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
Phatrat pls search google
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ighojohn: 12:00am On Feb 28, 2013
Hello house,

i need your advice and assistance, firstly, have an account with eco back that i use always and close to 2m have run through it and the balance there is 400k but the issue is that the name on that account is different from the one on my passport, and recent i set up an account with gtb with balance of 60k but i intend to transfer the 400k to this new account and the new account carry the name on my passport, what should i do ? can i make use of the old acc or the new one. but the thing is that i have a sponsor that will take care of every thing do i still need my statement of account ?

secondly how do i get a fax number cause my sponsor want to fax his documents to me but i dont have a fax machine or number.

i need your advice on this please.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nija50: 3:00pm On Feb 28, 2013
this is the 4th time i have been refused a u.s visa in the last one and half years,even after haven travelled to usa for more than eight times in the last 5 years.iam 100% sure i did not break any rules.i have valid visas to many other countries including u.k and canada.my questions are ,
1)what could be the possible reasons?
2)is there any way to find out the reasons?
3)is there any right to appeal?
4)how do i correct this problem if there is any?
5)is there a general problem recently with people who say they are going to buy cars?because thats what i do.
6)how many times can one reapply in a year?

thanks for your candid suggestions

Re: Usa Visit Visa by demola9: 3:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
i would like to travel to usa on hols and i dont have any family member.but i have travelled to london and been to america wen i was 5 years of age. wat do i need to apply

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.