Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060512 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by TheEnforcer: 6:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
ighojohn: Hello house,

i need your advice and assistance, firstly, have an account with eco back that i use always and close to 2m have run through it and the balance there is 400k but the issue is that the name on that account is different from the one on my passport, and recent i set up an account with gtb with balance of 60k but i intend to transfer the 400k to this new account and the new account carry the name on my passport, what should i do ? can i make use of the old acc or the new one. but the thing is that i have a sponsor that will take care of every thing do i still need my statement of account ?

secondly how do i get a fax number cause my sponsor want to fax his documents to me but i dont have a fax machine or number.

i need your advice on this please.
To get a us visa,you have to be qualified regardless of whoever is sponsoring you.Being married and having a good job gives you a fantastic chance of getting the visa.The sponsor has to provide his financial docs ,but you may also need to present yours to prove that you are financially stable,and you do not intend to elope.Try to reconcile those accounts in order to make them more sizeable.Be hopeful for the best
Re: Usa Visit Visa by TheEnforcer: 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
nija@50:
this is the 4th time i have been refused a u.s visa in the last one and half years,even after haven travelled to usa for more than eight times in the last 5 years.iam 100% sure i did not break any rules.i have valid visas to many other countries including u.k and canada.my questions are ,
1)what could be the possible reasons?
2)is there any way to find out the reasons?
3)is there any right to appeal?
4)how do i correct this problem if there is any?
5)is there a general problem recently with people who say they are going to buy cars?because thats what i do.
6)how many times can one reapply in a year?

thanks for your candid suggestions

Its a tricky one.Very strange considering you have travelled to the US severally,and claim not to have broken any rules.Something must have happened the last time you visited the US.Try to think it through.Did you have any issue with the US CBP?Did you make any statement which contradicted your DS 160 form?I dont think you can appeal.The decision of the CO is final.Just consider these points and lets see how it goes.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by TheEnforcer: 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
demola9: i would like to travel to usa on hols and i dont have any family member.but i have travelled to london and been to america wen i was 5 years of age. wat do i need to apply
what do you do?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 10:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hello what proof is needed at the embassy to show your married
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 10:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
obay: 11:29pm On Feb 26
Hello, av bn seeing great job may God help all of us....
Pls I need some guidance
I am single, I av a passport (virgin), my monthly Salary is 32k, I av
a business in which av been running, I av applied ti register my
Business name with corporate affairs Commission (CAC) in which
I wl get a Cartificate of incorporation next week... I av a bulky
Statement of account in which av bn transacting wt d account at
least 250k comes weekly to d account some times 500k but I do
remove d money for business purpose.... But I can afford to av a
balance of 850k or more on my statement...
My uncle is invitine me to US wt his documents, his passports visa
bank statement utility bills....
Please with all d above can u gv me. Some clue as to how to
compose my format for d CO in lagos Consulate.... Chees....
Waiting for ur good guidance....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 5:33am On Mar 01, 2013
phatrat: Hello what proof is needed at the embassy to show your married
The co might ask a few questions about your wife without asking for any proof.Eg Why is your wife not travelling with you?They are usually pressed for time you know.It is vital to ensure that your answer convincingly.thats the crux of the matter
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 5:46am On Mar 01, 2013
phemobay: obay: 11:29pm On Feb 26
Pls I need some guidance
Waiting for ur good guidance....
It does appear you intend to sponsor yourself.IN THAT CASE,ensure that your statement of account is able to suffice for your trip.1m is decent enough.You are not gonna need your uncles statements unless he intends to sponsor you.But you might need to prove he is your uncle.Also.I should add that being single negates your chances a bit,coupled with the fact that your salary isnt fantastic.Nevertheless,approach the co with a positive attitude and hope for the very best.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 8:19am On Mar 01, 2013
Pls I need some guidance
Waiting for ur good guidance.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 8:36am On Mar 01, 2013
@ Gbenge, tanx, but can I use d fact dat I have a registered business in Nigeria, in addition wt my little job, den I wl tell dem dat am just a consultant to d company.... I av my Certificate of incorporation for my personal business.... And more so d trasaction flow in my account is huge.... Pls reply
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sara2007: 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
Good day all. I am a mother of 4. I wish to travel with my 1 year old son only as a tourist and also to use the opportunity to buy clothes for my kids. I have a steady job, 200k per month, married and I have 1.5m in my account. Do u think the vo will think its odd that I am travelling with a 1 year old for the above activities. I intend to travel for 5 days.I have been to the UK and France. Is that a sufficient account balance? What are my chances?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 12:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
of course you can
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
sara2007: Good day all. I am a mother of 3. I wish to travel with my 1 year old son only as a tourist and also to use the opportunity to buy clothes for my kids. I have a steady job, 200k per month, married and I have 1.5m in my account. Do u think the vo will think its odd that I am travelling with a 1 year old for the above activities. I intend to travel for 5 days.I have been to the UK and France. Is that a sufficient account balance? What are my chances?
Personally I think you are good to go, your profile is adequate for any Visa application, but the bulk of everyfing depends on how confident & composed you are during your Visa interview, then again what the CO concludes.
Because I have seen a very notable personality in Nigeria get denied a Visit Visa to the US just because she could'nt defend her previous visit to the US appropriately; to be frank I was shocked(she was too, considering the fact she had been to the US-maybe thats why she did'nt put any effort during her interview).
Bottom line, put up a good show.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sholatech(m): 3:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
Nice thread here. Had my first visa interview at American Embassy today. Was invited on Monday February 25th to be a panelist at a conference in New York. Felt time ss short but agent I used asked me to give it a try and he got me March 1 2013 appointment date. I was asked what I doz told them I run my own firm and I also represent some multinationals. Also asked which countries I have visited and told the officer only Dubai and many countries in west Africa. She checked my passport and then asked purpose of my trip which I said was to attend a conference which starts same day and ends the following day and hence I will just spend few days.and return back. She asked for the sponsor and I replied myself and also partly by the organisers. She read the invitation letter and then answered that it is not applicable for non-immigrant visa application and i will be sent an email on reasons why. Since its my first timez don't know except maybe the conference will end the next day and I was just interviewed?she never bothered to check my bank statement and any personal document. Only the invitation letter and it ended there!!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by modath(f): 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
modath: @Resident Gurus,
I applied with my husband for a visit visa but have diffrent appointment codes cos we didn't put in our details @ the same time,we've travelled to dubai in '08 and UK last year alone.
We have 2 kids but they aren't travelling with us now.
Thank you

[quote author=sndrmrtns]

Tell the security is family visa (hubby and wife) they will give same number but in case you are giving different number once one of your number call make sure you go together never separate yourself. Goodluck

Thanks everyone,we had the interview today.we heard the magic sentence "pick up your visa on tuesday"...what makes it so special is that the guy in Cubicle 9 @ the Abuja consulate that we were praying not to be called by did call us and I developed instant fever cheesy (he only granted 1 person in the hour+ we spent there,he denied old ppl, doctor,couples,students etc)and asked us random questions,didn't even ask for a single document and even SMILED at us.
Thanks once again.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
[quote author=modath][/quote]

Congrat.Hope you share questions you were asked soon.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
sholatech: Nice thread here. Had my first visa interview at American Embassy today. Was invited on Monday February 25th to be a panelist at a conference in New York. Felt time ss short but agent I used asked me to give it a try and he got me March 1 2013 appointment date. I was asked what I doz told them I run my own firm and I also represent some multinationals. Also asked which countries I have visited and told the officer only Dubai and many countries in west Africa. She checked my passport and then asked purpose of my trip which I said was to attend a conference which starts same day and ends the following day and hence I will just spend few days.and return back. She asked for the sponsor and I replied myself and also partly by the organisers. She read the invitation letter and then answered that it is not applicable for non-immigrant visa application and i will be sent an email on reasons why. Since its my first timez don't know except maybe the conference will end the next day and I was just interviewed?she never bothered to check my bank statement and any personal document. Only the invitation letter and it ended there!!
Abuja or Lagos ? Also make sure your conference is international next time .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by modath(f): 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2013
sndrmrtns:

Congrat.Hope you share questions you were asked soon.

VO: what's the purpose of your trip?

WE:Vacation and sightseeing.

VO:Kids and Ages?

WE:2kids, Boy(6yrs),girl(4yrs)

VO:why aren't you going with them?

ME:No(smiling),they'll be a burden,its a bonding time for us.

VO:who'll take care of them in your absence?

ME:My mum.

VO: where are you going in the Us?

WE: chicago

V0: Why Chicago?

Hus:That's where my Relatives are

VO: *looking @ his computer* more than one?

WE: Yes,3 brothers.

VO:how did they get to the US

Hus:in the 70's(schooled and had all their kids there)

VO:Are you the last child?

Hus:No, still have a younger bro.

VO:Ever applied for diverity visa

Hus:Yes and its been some years

VO: How much do you earn?

Hus:k plus average

VO:Madam,how much does your petty trading bring in?.

ME:30-40k,I am a full time mother.

VO:How much do you intend to spend?

Hus:9-10k USD(a friendly neighbour we met @ the consulate who just finished theirs'gave us the tip).

VO:How old are your kids?(Again)

ME: Smiling I repeated myself.

VO: pick up on tuesday.

I smiled,then dashed to loo to Wee. grin

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 9:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
modath:

VO: what's the purpose of your trip?

WE:Vacation and sightseeing.

VO:Kids and Ages?

WE:2kids, Boy(6yrs),girl(4yrs)

VO:why aren't you going with them?

ME:No(smiling),they'll be a burden,its a bonding time for us.

VO:who'll take care of them in your absence?

ME:My mum.

VO: where are you going in the Us?

WE: chicago

V0: Why Chicago?

Hus:That's where my Relatives are

VO: *looking @ his computer* more than one?

WE: Yes,3 brothers.

VO:how did they get to the US

Hus:in the 70's(schooled and had all their kids there)

VO:Are you the last child?

Hus:No, still have a younger bro.

VO:Ever applied for diverity visa

Hus:Yes and its been some years

VO: where do you work&Designation?

Hus:Oil&Gas industry& very very brief explanation.
ME:Unemployed,stay at home with the kids

VO: How much do you earn?

Hus:600k plus on average

VO:Madam,how much does your petty trading bring in?.

ME:30-40k,I am a full time mother.

VO:How much do you intend to spend?

Hus:9-10k USD(a friendly neighbour we met @ the consulate who just finished theirs'gave us the tip).

VO:How old are your kids?(Again)

ME: Smiling I repeated myself.

VO: pick up on tuesday.

I smiled,then dashed to loo to Wee. grin

wonderful !
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sholatech(m): 9:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
I was interviewed in Lagos. The conference is international, called African Economic Forum organised by Columbia Business School. I still think I was denied because the program was starting on same date I was attending the visa interview and maybe visa cannot be issued instantly for me to leave in the evening by arik, who are also co-sponsors if the program.and if I nay ask, do they Always send email stating why they refused giving the visa?
sndrmrtns:
Abuja or Lagos ? Also make sure your conference is international next time .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 4:49am On Mar 02, 2013
sholatech: I was interviewed in Lagos. The conference is international, called African Economic Forum organised by Columbia Business School. I still think I was denied because the program was starting on same date I was attending the visa interview and maybe visa cannot be issued instantly for me to leave in the evening by arik, who are also co-sponsors if the program.and if I nay ask, do they Always send email stating why they refused giving the visa?
Before you reapply add more travel history to your passport.Goodluck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by modath(f): 5:47am On Mar 02, 2013
!....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:21am On Mar 02, 2013
modath:

I forgot to add that he asked:
VO:Have you ever travelled together
WE:Affirmative
VO:where and when?
WE:UK and UAE
*He then thumbed through the PP*
VO:where do you live?
ME:We told him(Abuja suburb)
VO:Do you rent or Own?
ME:We are renting but we are working on ours and we have the papers with us*wanted to show him but he said NO*.

Still stoked cos people who were looking obviously loaded were denied,I'm talking about folks with affluence written all over them!!.
Consistency + good tie to 9ja, confidence & being relaxed without any cockiness displayed work 90% of the time.
These VOs know when people are not being truthful,I am no psychologist but while waiting for our turn,my SO & 1 were sure of some of the people that would be turned down after hearing their responses to questions posed to them.we got about 95% of our assumptions right, only about 2 shocked us and put the fear of God in us. Some of them didn't know they came across phony.
One 50+ woman said "wait broda,you have not gone through my docs" he said "I don't need to,you don't qualify............the paper will explain in details" I was sure she wouldn't be granted while the interview was ongoing. She's a caterer,with no funds who is being sponsored by acct Son-in-law.she stumbled and her responses were all over the place.
Fantastic!Essentially,Some of the US state departments best officers are posted to Nigeria,so they can hardly be fooled.That womans response was hilarious.The Consular officers job is an extremely difficult one.They are normally pressed for time and hardly look at documents.In fact,docs are the least important.Your Ds 160 form,answers provided at the interview,and your body language play a major role in in helping the co to arrive at a decision,favourable or not.Applicants need to reckon with this.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by martina7: 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2013
To get a us cost,you have to be qualified regardless of whoever is assisting you.Being married and having a fantastic job gives you a awesome probability of getting the cost.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by donciccio: 2:18pm On Mar 02, 2013
@Modath big congrats to u.

Guys I need ur resourceful advice on this. I was refused UK visa in Jan'13 tho asked to apply for "ADMIN REVIEW" if I wish but I didn't. But reasons for denial does not really make sense cos I'd all necessary docs enclosed with the application. Now I'll be attending an OIL/GAS conference in US will this UK stuff affect my chances considering that am single tho employed. However, I've dully applied for the conference and paid the sum for registration $210, received letter of invitation from the conference organisers, made hotel reservation with print out(To pay on arrival)for a week of the program. Tho its self sponsor (Bank Statement of abt 1.5M) but I've received letter of intro and pay slips (6 months) from my coy. I've all necessary reqd docs intact. Please guys what are my chances on this?
Also, few yrs ago my coy was invited for a bizness dinner at the US consulars house @Ikoyi which I attended representing my coy. We were given a US flag pin badge which I've had on my suit (lol). Will it be necessary to have it on for the interview? And my friend advised me having a visa of another country on my pp before the intvw date will help too, guys what do u think?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Superbrain(m): 6:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
Guys, my interview is on the 19th and I have the following:

1. 6 months bank statement with over a million as balance.

2. 6 months payslip detailing salary payments

3. Letter of introduction from my employer (I work for a top multinational), stating I will be going on vacation and even indicating where I would be staying.

4. Letter of employment.

5. Letter of invitation from childhood friend who is a US citizen. Also attached is a copy of the data page of his passport.

6. Itinerary for trip-showing what I plan to do during the three weeks I would be staying

7. Passport photographs and other required documents.

I guess I'm good to go. Kindly help review. Btw, I'm only 26yrs old and I'll be going to California. Been to the UAE once for vacation and that's all.

My morale is pretty high and I'm trusting God for success with this. Any tips you think would help would be appreciated.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 8:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
Superbrain: Guys, my interview is on the 19th and I have the following:

1. 6 months bank statement with over a million as balance.

2. 6 months payslip detailing salary payments

3. Letter of introduction from my employer (I work for a top multinational), stating I will be going on vacation and even indicating where I would be staying.

4. Letter of employment.

5. Letter of invitation from childhood friend who is a US citizen. Also attached is a copy of the data page of his passport.

6. Itinerary for trip-showing what I plan to do during the three weeks I would be staying

7. Passport photographs and other required documents.

I guess I'm good to go. Kindly help review. Btw, I'm only 26yrs old and I'll be going to California. Been to the UAE once for vacation and that's all.

My morale is pretty high and I'm trusting God for success with this. Any tips you think would help would be appreciated.
sometime ago, i witnessed the US CBP grill a Nigerian Guy at BWI,he claimed he had been invited by a friend in the US.I left the place with him still being grilled,and i suspect he was eventually turned back.They sometimes have an issue with young guys being invited by friends.I just thought i should draw your attention to that.However,you seem to be quite prepared for the interview.Ensure that you approach the co with a positive attitude.And,do not appear desperate for a visa.Lets see how it goes.Btw,are you married?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Superbrain(m): 11:11pm On Mar 02, 2013
Gbenge 77: sometime ago, i witnessed the US CBP grill a Nigerian Guy at BWI,he claimed he had been invited by a friend in the US.I left the place with him still being grilled,and i suspect he was eventually turned back.They sometimes have an issue with young guys being invited by friends.I just thought i should draw your attention to that.However,you seem to be quite prepared for the interview.Ensure that you approach the co with a positive attitude.And,do not appear desperate for a visa.Lets see how it goes.Btw,are you married?

Thank you Gbenge 77. My friend is married and has a stable job/income. But I'm single.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ighojohn: 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
The Enforcer: To get a us visa,you have to be qualified regardless of whoever is sponsoring you.Being married and having a good job gives you a fantastic chance of getting the visa.The sponsor has to provide his financial docs ,but you may also need to present yours to prove that you are financially stable,and you do not intend to elope.Try to reconcile those accounts in order to make them more sizeable.Be hopeful for the best

I have the following doc available from my sponsor,

INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
DRIVER LICENSE
AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP
TAX RETURN

Below are my personal documents so far.

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
LAND RECEIPT
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT
LETTER OF LICENSE FROM MY EMPLOYER/PARTNER
BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF MY DAUGHTER

WILL THE ABOVE DOC BE ENOUGH?

Thanks, i do appreciate your answer so far

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
my friend want me to stay 3months do you think it will be wise if i tell them few days or i should just tell them 3months too. please advise
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 5:35am On Mar 03, 2013
@fastlink...urgent advice on this!
topsyking:
Well ur case is different..you are ajala travel all over d world..u av been to different countries already..even UK thrice..why won't america give u visa..its my broda OPSY4REAL1 who after been told how to do it decided to do otherwise..america embassy will never give u visa if u don't av strong ties here like been married or got kids..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 5:37am On Mar 03, 2013
@fastlink,
opsy4real1: @topsyking, its not ur broda's fault, just that ur broda didnt wanna tell lies but come up wit truth while he hoped he could be lucky..alas, luck ran out of him for being truthful. However, ur brother just learnt a obvious lesson that the consular prefers to be told lies than the truth. By November when I reapply, I must have been married. Lol. Thank u bro!
author=topsyking]
Well ur case is different..you are ajala travel all over d world..u av been to different countries already..even UK thrice..why won't america give u visa..its my broda OPSY4REAL1 who after been told how to do it decided to do otherwise..america embassy will never give u visa if u don't av strong ties here like been married or got kids..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 6:13am On Mar 03, 2013
hello fastlink,those quoted lines are advice on how proper one can brighten one's chance for visa success at da embassy. I was adviced to claim being married to foster my home tie but i neva did because i didnt want to lie,hence,i was refused. Now i av another interview scheduled for Wednesday 6th march...but nw am confused cos i dnt wanna risk rejection on no family tie again as being single and was made to knw i need tell some lies if wanna succeed...pls fastlink, wats ur take?do i claim being married or not in order to boost my chances on that. I av other genuine proof that my circumstances has changed perfect. 1) i have increased travel history within my last appearance at d u.s embasy and now(visited 2 additional countries) 2) Now am self employed and av a duly registerd biz against my previous appearance at embasy as at wen i was just an employee..Thank u and i anticipate ur candid help.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by modath(f): 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
@Opsy4real,
I am no guru but my advise is simple,do not tell a "story" you can't substantiate,don't do it,be hopeful and be bold without being arrogant/cocky. if you don't get the visa this time, know that you still have an excellent chance because whatever you write on your DS-160 and tell the VO can never be EXPUNGED from your records!!
I filled unemployed and stuck with it(people sitting gasped when they heard me,I could hear a pin drop) and I still got my visa as a FIRST time applicant,will collect this week.Don't appear desperate,make it appear that if they don't grant you the visa it doesn't have any negative impact on your existence.
Most people come out cursing the VOs and the whole US embassy but I could guess and did guess correctly about 90% of the people that would get denied based purely on their body language and the first 3-4 answers they gave to questions asked. Favour will be yours.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.