Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060747 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by bluebarz(m): 12:50pm On Mar 15, 2013
sndrmrtns:

what do you do now in Nigeria?

Am unemployed for now. Doing nothing.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2013
Please sndrmrtns, gbenga77 atall, please someone is ready to issue me an invitation letter now and I don't know the chances of getting the visa with it. Meanwhile the conference you suggessted how is going to be better than invitation letter from my uncle for a visit since am self employed though graduate of economics.
Please do advice extensively for I don't want to risk it. I wish to secure the visa once and for all to travel and come back. Thanks and am very grateful.
sndrmrtns:
conference and use conference hotel booking .

Good luck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
vozkini: Please sndrmrtns, gbenga77 atall, please someone is ready to issue me an invitation letter now and I don't know the chances of getting the visa with it. Meanwhile the conference you suggessted how is going to be better than invitation letter from my uncle for a visit since am self employed though graduate of economics.
Please do advice extensively for I don't want to risk it. I wish to secure the visa once and for all to travel and come back. Thanks and am very grateful.

If u put ur uncle in the equation without a stronger home tie, they may deny u the visa...reason:u a not gonna come back!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 2:43pm On Mar 15, 2013
Please am coming back to my kids. I have two already sound business and I think nothing is going to deter me from staying over. My business thrive with 5 staffs.
ferdimako:

If u put ur uncle in the equation without a stronger home tie, they may deny u the visa...reason:u a not gonna come back!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 2:45pm On Mar 15, 2013
The thing is quite confusing. What it means is that conference and hotel reservation is better off than invitation letter?
vozkini: Please am coming back to my kids. I have two already sound business and I think nothing is going to deter me from staying over. My business thrive with 5 staffs.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bluebarz(m): 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2013
bluebarz:

Am unemployed for now. Doing nothing.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2013
vozkini: The thing is quite confusing. What it means is that conference and hotel reservation is better off than invitation letter?
Of course having a relative in the US could be counter-productive,as it could be assumed you would likely hook up with that relative and become an illegal immigrant.But the crux of the matter is to convince the Co at the interview,whether or not you use a hotel reservation.Attend the interview with an open mind,and Convince the co you are gonna return as a result of your thriving bussiness.You see,most of the info they need are already in your Ds 160 form,and all they need to see is how you react to questions,your body language,and whether you are nervous or not.I think you ve got some pretty strong ties.All the best

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Waleabimbola(m): 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2013
phatrat: wale do you have any idea about getting a romania visa i would like to go for a conference there thanks

No I don't have any idea about Romania visa, the UK, Germany and France I collected was for tourism with my family..
Am not really a visa agent bro, I only get it whenever I need to go on holiday with my family.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ighojohn: 10:02pm On Mar 15, 2013
worry 359: ighojohn:
Now you must calm down!
You have been refused and now have black mark!!!!!!!!
Be VERY sure that you are meeting requirements or you will just be throwing money into drain.
If you are too desparate then this alone can be refusal.

Calm down!
Also do not post all in CAPITALS! It looks like shouting.

Thanks for your response and i appreciate your advice and also sorry for putting that in capital letter. on the second note do you think i should apply for a student visa or for employment visa cause my friend is ready to do any of this, i will need your sincere advice like always. if am to do any of the above what should be the time frame.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ighojohn: 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2013
Gbenge 77: We do know that visas are refused under section 214B,221G and 212A,with 214B,failure to overcome an intending immigrant presumption,the most common.Do not re apply until your situation changes,or if you have new information which was not presented to the Consular officer at the interview.The problem is,how do you convince the CO that you will return to your country at the end of your visit?Are you married?Do you have a good job with a good income?You gotta sort out some things before re applying

Thanks for your response and i appreciate your advice, am ataully married with a kid and earn 150k per month, on the second note do you think i should apply for a student visa or for employment visa cause my friend is ready to do any of this, i will need your sincere advice like always. if am to do any of the above what should be the time frame.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ola2tu: 5:13am On Mar 16, 2013
@house, for someone of us with the intentions of travelling to US on a visit , from a country outside Nigeria, how do we establish a Strong social/economic tie during interview ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 16, 2013
vozkini: Please am coming back to my kids. I have two already sound business and I think nothing is going to deter me from staying over. My business thrive with 5 staffs.

We know but try and convince ur CO.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 11:46am On Mar 16, 2013
ola2tu: @house, for someone of us with the intentions of travelling to US on a visit , from a country outside Nigeria, how do we establish a Strong social/economic tie during interview ?

Depends on what you into in your current country of residence. Your papers etc!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by waleade011: 9:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
Hello folks,I finally picked my visa yesterday-2years multiple visa.
Basically proper preparation is important. I really prepared and made sure every document and answer was ready , I was also conscious of the way I looked too..Most importantly I PRAYED and FASTED for favour.
I had negatives;
22 years,
Obviously single,
Currently serving(nysc),
Earning 19800
Been denied twice.

This was how the interview went....after a very long wait.
Me:Good afternoon (bow)
V.O: Can I have your passport (very staright face)
Me:Yes(passed the passport to him)
V.O: dropped the passport(He didn't even bother opening the passport at all)
Why are you travelling?
Me: to visit my uncle and his family
V.O: where?
Me:I answer
V.O:where do you work?
Me:Ministry of xxxxx under Nysc(I didn't abbreviate oo)
V.O:how long are you staying?
Me: 6days (I got this logic from this trend)
V.O: where have you travelled to before?
Me:told hime
V.O: are you travelling alone?
Me: yes
V.O: Are you married?
Me: No but I have a gf.
V.O: Pick up your visa.

All this was exaactly 32seconds.I know because I purposely timed myself.He didn't ask for any document by the way. I really want to thank God and you guys. All the best to all those going for their interview. May God's favour go with you. smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by holluwai(m): 10:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
Congrats bro!!!

waleade011: Hello folks,I finally picked my visa yesterday-2years multiple visa.
Basically proper preparation is important. I really prepared and made sure every document and answer was ready , I was also conscious of the way I looked too..Most importantly I PRAYED and FASTED for favour.
I had negatives;
22 years,
Obviously single,
Currently serving(nysc),
Earning 19800
Been denied twice.

Why are you travelling?

All this was exaactly 32seconds.I know because I purposely timed myself.He didn't ask for any document by the way. I really want to thank God and you guys. All the best to all those going for their interview. May God's favour go with you. smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Superbrain(m): 11:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
waleade011: Hello folks,I finally picked my visa yesterday-2years multiple visa.
I had negatives;
22 years,
Obviously single,
Currently serving(nysc),
Earning 19800
Been denied twice.

Why are you travelling?

Congrats man. Mine is on Tuesday. I know it would be well. Enjoy your stay in the US...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 10:50am On Mar 17, 2013
i ll b happy if fellow NLanders cn assist me on vital infos to procure my visa,my wif& my 2 kids r in US ,she went on d acct of lottery won by her dad years ago,shes bn dia nw since 2008 feb.wen w were datin by she coms bk evry year since she left by w eventually tied d knot legally abt 3yrs ago,w nw hv 2kids,her dad started d fillin processes for me a year ago& last week d home office sent a message to her to send her tax & bank detail which she hd sent to them,pls my question is there anytin w cn do to hasten d processin cs its nt easy accordin to her copin wit stress of raisin d kids alone wit her work schedule she is a nurse&dia is little her mom cld do due to her work also n her oda siblins.thanks for ur positive replies in anticipation
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 10:53am On Mar 17, 2013
i ll b happy if fellow NLanders cn assist me on vital infos to procure my visa,my wif& my 2 kids r in US ,she went on d acct of lottery won by her dad years ago,shes bn dia nw since 2008 feb.wen w were datin by she coms bk evry year since she left by w eventually tied d knot legally abt 3yrs ago,w nw hv 2kids,her dad started d fillin processes for me a year ago& last week d home office sent a message to her to send her tax & bank to knw if shes capable to accomodate me which she hd sent to them,pls my question is,is there anytin w cn do to hasten d process cs its nt easy accordin to her copin wit stress of raisin d kids alone wit her work schedule she is a nurse&dia is little her mom cld do due to her work also n her oda siblins.thanks for ur positive replies in anticipation
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hope4me2012: 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
@waleade011,
Congrats...you are really favoured.

Can you state how long ago were you denied and for what reasons.
Also, where have u travelled to before.
Was ur interview at abuja or lagos.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
Henries: i ll b happy if fellow NLanders cn assist me on vital infos to procure my visa,my wif& my 2 kids r in US ,she went on d acct of lottery won by her dad years ago,shes bn dia nw since 2008 feb.wen w were datin by she coms bk evry year since she left by w eventually tied d knot legally abt 3yrs ago,w nw hv 2kids,her dad started d fillin processes for me a year ago& last week d home office sent a message to her to send her tax & bank to knw if shes capable to accomodate me which she hd sent to them,pls my question is,is there anytin w cn do to hasten d process cs its nt easy accordin to her copin wit stress of raisin d kids alone wit her work schedule she is a nurse&dia is little her mom cld do due to her work also n her oda siblins.thanks for ur positive replies in anticipation

There's nothing you can do to hasten the process. It takes several years for this application to go through the legal procedure.

Moreso, your wife is yet to acquire US Citizenship i presume? This could have speed up your application if it were so.

All you need to have is patience.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dapsy4u2(m): 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
Hello @OP I want †̥ commend you on the enlightenment. I hopefully want †̥ visit the us in august to see a friend, we have been in touch via fb nd she has agreed †̥ send me an invitation letter. What do I nee †̥ do pls †̥ make this journey possible nd come †̥ reality. Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by batuta: 12:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
good day all,
i applied for conference last yr june, bt i was refused visa.
the V.O did nt give me any reason. he just said ur not eligible.
i want to reapply for family vacation this yr. if the V.O ask me why i was refused
what do u think should be my answer?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 1:22pm On Mar 18, 2013
[quote author=batuta]good day all,
i want to reapply for family vacation this yr. if the V.O ask me why i was refused
what do u think should be my answer?[/

Any changes now with your previous DS form.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
batuta: good day all,
what do u think should be my answer?

Any changes now with your previous DS form.?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2013
dapsy4u2: Hello @OP I want †̥ commend you on the enlightenment. I hopefully want †̥ visit the us in august to see a friend, we have been in touch via fb nd she has agreed †̥ send me an invitation letter. What do I nee †̥ do pls †̥ make this journey possible nd come †̥ reality. Thank you

Your job/ marital status/Travel history
Re: Usa Visit Visa by waleade011: 1:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
hope4me2012: @waleade011,
Congrats...you are really favoured.

Can you state how long ago were you denied and for what reasons.
Also, where have u travelled to before.
Was ur interview at abuja or lagos.
Thanks.

@hope4me2012 thank you.
I was denied twice. 1st was a family visa, they gave everyone except me cus I was 16 then and the second time was a student visa, I was 19. The V.O said I was not qualified. Now am 22.
I have travelled to Ghana, uk nd Usa;1ce each.My interview was at the Lagos consular office.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by waleade011: 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
Superbrain:

Congrats man. Mine is on Tuesday. I know it would be well. Enjoy your stay in the US...

Thank you. All the best.May God go with you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dapsy4u2(m): 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
sndrmrtns:

Your job/ marital status/Travel history

Job - work as HR Exec for a renowned publishing firm

Marital status - single

Travel history - Nil

Thanks for the response.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
dapsy4u2:

Job - work as HR Exec for a renowned publishing firm

Marital status - single

Travel history - Nil

Thanks for the response.
Try and travel before u apply so that ur chance can look good .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dapsy4u2(m): 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
sndrmrtns:
Try and travel before u apply so that ur chance can look good .

Could i be disqualified if i try for the first time? I have a virgin passport. I don't have anywhere in mind to visit apart from the states nd it's going to be my first time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by grafikii: 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
Hi everyone, I have got an interview for a visit visa in a month, I am married with 2 kids, I earn 260k in my dad's company as marketing manager. I am to represent family at my uncle's wedding and to speak on behalf of the family as he has no relatives in the us and my dad is too busy. I intend to spend 5days. I have got a letter of invitation from my uncle and his inlaws

My documents
Letter of invitation
Wedding invitation card
Marriage certificate
Bank statement
Family and wedding pictures
Certificate of incorporation (1997)
Company way bills and invoice
Introduction letter from my company.

Note: I don't have any travel experience

How bright is my chance and am I missing anything out.

PLEASE RESPOND
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:07am On Mar 19, 2013
dapsy4u2:

Could i be disqualified if i try for the first time? I have a virgin passport. I don't have anywhere in mind to visit apart from the states nd it's going to be my first time.
No,travel experience is not a must to get a visa.Loads of people did get their visa with a virgin passport.Convince the CO that you are a "GENUINE" visitor and you will get the visa.Not as easy as it sounds though.You need to respond to the questions in such a manner that you do not leave shades of doubt in the mind of the CO.Read the previous pages for tips on how to approach a tourist visa interview.But most importantly,like I always advice,do not appear desperate for a visa.Thats the crux of the matter

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.