Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,553 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060560 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by frakie: 9:04am On Dec 13, 2013
Nice thread, great people, great nation. Am about putting together an application for us visiting visa. Am aware of all the application details, the docs and other stuffs.
My question now is: am into business now, I have a shop in oluwole modern market where I sell mens shirts and chinos. 1. How much should be in my account. 2. The age on my pp is 1991. Hope the age won't affect my chance of getting a visiting visa. This time around I want to use hotel reservation for the application. Although I have a child almost 6month old. Living togethr with my fiance but not yet married. My business is also registered. I hv tax clearance on bisness. I jst want to spend 2weeks in chicago illionis. Then back home. I have list of places to visit in chicago, I am thinking of add a car book with a tour operator in the state.
Please u guys should advice me on wht to do.. Thanks, cheers...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 9:48am On Dec 13, 2013
frakie: Please u guys should advice me on wht to do.. Thanks, cheers...
Visa officer will find it VERY strange that you will leave buisness, very young child and partner
just to go on holiday on your own.

Not married may look like you want to run away from your child (this is common!)
Your finances will also be questioned. Do you have enough funds for trip and to leave substantial ammount to return home for?

All together your chance is rather poor, you should save your funds to care for child, marry and in time travel as family.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by APFM(m): 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hello Pros,

I have been asking questions and following this thread.
I have finally booked an appointment for my exhibition related to my job.I got an IV from d host and they had an agreement with a particular hotel for everyone attending the exhibition but I ama member of Hilton hotel worldwide so I made my reservation with hilton.
I want to be sure it won't be a prob?

Secondly, I own my biz and dis exhibition is related to my biz, pls wat documents shud I take along for my interview holding 13th january 2014?

The exhibition can be paid for on the day of event so I have not paid for it hoping to pay wen I go.

I have travelled to UK 3 times in the past 3yrs,and I hv not spent more than 10days on evry visit. And I also intend 2 spend 10days in US bt d exhibition is jst for 4days. Hope it's still okay?

My major concern is I hv a wife and kid that I wil leave behind.

What is my chances?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 10:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
APFM: Hello Pros,

I have been asking questions and following this thread.
I have finally booked an appointment for my exhibition related to my job.I got an IV from d host and they had an agreement with a particular hotel for everyone attending the exhibition but I ama member of Hilton hotel worldwide so I made my reservation with hilton.
I want to be sure it won't be a prob?

Secondly, I own my biz and dis exhibition is related to my biz, pls wat documents shud I take along for my interview holding 13th january 2014?

The exhibition can be paid for on the day of event so I have not paid for it hoping to pay wen I go.

I have travelled to UK 3 times in the past 3yrs,and I hv not spent more than 10days on evry visit. And I also intend 2 spend 10days in US bt d exhibition is jst for 4days. Hope it's still okay?

My major concern is I hv a wife and kid that I wil leave behind.

What is my chances?

Please what is the exhibition you are attending in USA , is it related to business or management
I'm equally searching for a conference or program relating to business that I can attend in USA next year.
How much did the exhibition cost you
Is the host or organizers of the exhibition recognized or a reputable one in US
You can post the link and the details here too .

God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sorry for the double quotes, bad internet connection.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by APFM(m): 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
Asorock 1: Sorry for the double quotes, bad internet connection.
Its on snack manufacturing.
Snaxpo is d name of d exhibition and it cost atleast $220 depending on ur choice.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by keepmegoing(m): 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
I greet people in the house once again. We are preparing for interview against January 2014, my family and I are going on a Vacation to Orlando Florida, USA for tourist attraction. Like, Island of Adventure, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Holy Land Experience, Magic Kingdom,Orlando Museum of Art, Lake Eola Park, Manta, Kraken and many more. Wife and kids never travel before I have been to Malaysia 5x, Dubai 2x and Tanzania. I want to know our chances of getting the visa, I will really appreciate your comment. Thanks cheers

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:00am On Dec 15, 2013
keepmegoing: I greet people in the house once again. We are preparing for interview against January 2014, my family and I are going on a Vacation to Orlando Florida, USA for tourist attraction. Like, Island of Adventure, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Holy Land Experience, Magic Kingdom,Orlando Museum of Art, Lake Eola Park, Manta, Kraken and many more. Wife and kids never travel before I have been to Malaysia 5x, Dubai 2x and Tanzania. I want to know our chances of getting the visa, I will really appreciate your comment. Thanks cheers

Being a small scale businessman will make your visa approval a daunting task for yourself alone, not to mention your family together. You will be suspected by the CO of an intention to migrate.

Questions like these will surface:

1. What kind of business are you into?
2. How many persons are under your employ?
3. What your monthly or yearly turnover is?
4. Have you travelled before on same related trip to any developed country with the same economic standard such as the U.S. And how long did you stay? (The VO will judge your application from this angle and can approve your visa as well, due to your past trips).
5. Did your family travel with you on at least one of such trips?

The VO will be asking him/herself, does your business serve as a very good tie to come back home to?

These are questions the CO will naturally ask you to know if you're worth the visa or not.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by keepmegoing(m): 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
tzetzefly:

Being a small scale businessman will make your visa approval a daunting task for yourself alone, not to mention your family together. You will be suspected by the CO of an intention to migrate.

Questions like this will surface:

4. Have you travelled before on same related trip?
5. Where did you travel to?
6. Have you travelled on tourism to any developed economies in Europe, North America or any others, with the same economic standard as the U.S. And how long did you stay? (The VO will judge your application from this angle and can approve your visa as well, due to your past trips).
7. Did your family travel with you on at least one of such trips?

The VO will be asking him/herself, does your business serve as a very good tie to come back home to?

These are questions the CO will naturally ask you to know if you're worth the visa or not.
@ Tzetzefly, I really appreciate your comment, Thank you so much. Do you think is Advisable to pay for the return Ticket with the hotel Reservation 2 weeks before going to the Embassy? Do you know anyone who can help us arrange the documents? Any idea will help. my wife and I have Good account statements anyway. What else again is also important? my kids school report card.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
keepmegoing:
@ Tzetzefly, I really appreciate your comment, Thank you so much. Do you think is Advisable to pay for the return Ticket with the hotel Reservation 2 weeks before going to the Embassy? Do you know anyone who can help us arrange the documents? Any idea will help. my wife and I have Good account statements anyway. What else again is also important? my kids school report card.

What kind of business are you into (small scale business or medium scale) and do you have tax documents?

This is one of a very few questions you need to sort out for now.

Besides, you do not need to pay any money for flight reservation before your visa is granted. Infact, you dont need to bring flight itinerary for the visa interview.

And neither do you need any form of document arrangement. There is no particular order for arranging your documents. The questions the VO will ask you, are based on the information you filled on your DS-160. Endeavour to fill what you can defend and remember....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by APFM(m): 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
tzetzefly:

Questions like these will surface:

4. Have you travelled before on same related trip to any developed country with the same economic standard such as the U.S. And how long did you stay? (The VO will judge your application from this angle and can approve your visa as well, due to your past trips).
5. Did your family travel with you on at least one of such trips?

I am into small scale and also would love to know the documents to present before my january interview?
I want to present my company statement and personal statement since i am the only signatory to my company acct.
I aslo have 8 direct staff and more than 10 indirect staff(contract)
But my prob is that i launched my biz August 2013 and by january,it will be 5mnths old,can i still go ahead and present it.
How much should be in my acct?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omonla10(m): 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
@ Tzetzefly, I have these 2 questions.
1. What are my chances. I have a 3day religious conference in the US in January. I am a music minister in a Baptist Church and my pastor can take his wife and 2 of his staff along. I am married with 2 kids and I've been to India once. I have a good job and I am going alone with my pastor his wife and assistant pastor.
2.I wanted to pay religious visa fees but d cashier advised me a friend was told to pay another visa fees for b1/b2. My question is which class of visa should I apply for.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
APFM:

I am into small scale and also would love to know the documents to present before my january interview?
I want to present my company statement and personal statement since i am the only signatory to my company acct.
I aslo have 8 direct staff and more than 10 indirect staff(contract)
But my prob is that i launched my biz August 2013 and by january,it will be 5mnths old,can i still go ahead and present it.
How much should be in my acct?

The VOs stationed in Nigeria have an idea what a small scale business in this part of the world looks like. This is where being very articulate in your presentation during interview, comes in.

You need to know why you're embarking on your trip now.

Who will take charge of your growing business while you're away.

Is the business worth returning back to (the VO thinking angle).

How many workers depends on you for a living.

In your case, you just started this business and it has not yet grown to at least a year, and you're going on a vacation (wrong signal to any CO).

The better visa category should be a conference / workshop to help you better understand your business and help it grow strong.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by APFM(m): 9:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
tzetzefly:

The VOs stationed in Nigeria have an idea what a small scale business in this part of the world looks like. This is where being very articulate in your presentation during interview, comes in.

You need to know why you're embarking on your trip now.

Who will take charge of your growing business why you're away.

Is the business worth returning back to (the VO thinking angle).

How many workers depends on you for a living.

In your case, you just started this business and it has not yet grown to at least a year, and you're going on a vacation (wrong signal to any CO).

The better visa category should be a conference / workshop to help you better understand your business and help it grow strong.

Thanks,but my reason for travelling is for a conference on my biz related.

I hv gotten my IV from d host and hopefully wil become a member of the association wen I get there cos I intend paying for it dere.

Also my wife is one of d directors of d company and d reason for going is to network and boost my biz.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
omonla10: @ Tzetzefly, I have these 2 questions.
1. What are my chances. I have a 3day religious conference in the US in January. I am a music minister in a Baptist Church and my pastor can take his wife and 2 of his staff along. I am married with 2 kids and I've been to India once. I have a good job and I am going alone with my pastor his wife and assistant pastor.
2.I wanted to pay religious visa fees but d cashier advised me a friend was told to pay another visa fees for b1/b2. My question is which class of visa should I apply for.

Since your visit is for three days and not for religious employment purpose, your visa category is B1 (Business).
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
APFM:

Thanks,but my reason for travelling is for a conference on my biz related.

I hv gotten my IV from d host and hopefully wil become a member of the association wen I get there cos I intend paying for it dere.

Also my wife is one of d directors of d company and d reason for going is to network and boost my biz.

Then you have no problem. Just try and make the payments for the conference before your interview. This is the only reason the CO will take you serious as a conference visitor.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by APFM(m): 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
tzetzefly:

Then you have no problem. Just try and make the payments for the conference before your interview. This is the only reason the CO will take you serious as a conferencee.

Thank u
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omonla10(m): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
tzetzefly:

Since your visit is for three days and not for religious employment purpose, your visa category is B1 (Business).
thanks so much but you didn't answer d first part of my questions about my chances. The conference is for ministers pastors and church workers even pastor adeboye will be ministering. So would it still be b1 visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
omonla10: thanks so much but you didn't answer d first part of my questions about my chances. The conference is for ministers even pastor adeboye will be ministering. So would it still be b1 visa.

Like i said, it is a B1 visa category as you are not going to get paid in the States.

You all should apply together as a group. However, note that each of you will be questioned individually.

If any of you have attended a related conference previously, it will serve a good boost to your group application and if not, be ready for a very good day.

Exhibit no fear, God is in control...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by keepmegoing(m): 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
tzetzefly:

What kind of business are you into (small scale business or medium scale) and do you have tax documents?

This is one of a very few questions you need to sort out for now.

Besides, you do not need to pay any money for flight reservation before your visa is granted. Infact, you dont need to bring flight itinerary for the visa interview.

And neither do you need any form of document arrangement. There is no particular order for arranging your documents. The questions the VO will ask you, are based on the information you filled on your DS-160. Endeavour to fill what you can defend and remember....

medium scale business, I have the Tax documents, And what do i need, please can you please name everything here for me, all the necessary documents including the supporting document, our Visa Category is B1 Visa. And I want to please as a family are we doing the interview together with the kids? You said we shouldn't pay for the flight right? can we pay for the hotel reservation because we are to use the Hotel Address while filling the DS-160. I hope 2 weeks hotel reservation is enough? What do you think about that. thank you for your time here. Cheers
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotcomnamename: 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hi pros,

Pls i have someone who has traveled to the UK twice using hotel accommodation, he has expired 6 month UK visa and another 2 years expired UK visa on his old passport, but unfortunately he lost his old passport that contained the expired UK visas, but luckily he has colored copy of his UK visa 6 month and the 2 years, also he has police report attached with the colored copy of the UK visas.

In 2008 he obtained the new E-passport and applied for Irish Visa and he submitted copies of his expired UK visas along with his application and he was granted 3 month Irish visa. He traveled to Ireland Dublin and spent just 7 days. He returned to Nigeria and he repapply for Irish visa again in the same 2008 and was granted another 3 month Irish visa and traveled to Ireland for 3 weeks and returned to Nigeria.

Since then he never apply for any visa in Nigeria, but now he wish to apply for US visit visa but her e-passport already expired but he still have the passport with him and the passport contained expired Irish Visa 3 month and another 3 month, plus photocopy of his UK visas.

My question is, can he apply for US visa? does he stand a chance of been granted US visit visa as a visitor and will use hotel accommodation?

Any chance of been granted?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Hi pros,

Pls i have someone who has traveled to the UK twice using hotel accommodation, he has expired 6 month UK visa and another 2 years expired UK visa on his old passport, but unfortunately he lost his old passport that contained the expired UK visas, but luckily he has colored copy of his UK visa 6 month and the 2 years, also he has police report attached with the colored copy of the UK visas.

In 2008 he obtained the new E-passport and applied for Irish Visa and he submitted copies of his expired UK visas along with his application and he was granted 3 month Irish visa. He traveled to Ireland Dublin and spent just 7 days. He returned to Nigeria and he repapply for Irish visa again in the same 2008 and was granted another 3 month Irish visa and traveled to Ireland for 3 weeks and returned to Nigeria.

Since then he never apply for any visa in Nigeria, but now he wish to apply for US visit visa but her e-passport already expired but he still have the passport with him and the passport contained expired Irish Visa 3 month and another 3 month, plus photocopy of his UK visas.

My question is, can he apply for US visa? does he stand a chance of been granted US visit visa as a visitor and will use hotel accommodation?

Any chance of been granted?

He can be granted the U.S. visit visa as long as he has a genuine reason for travel.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
keepmegoing:

medium scale business, I have the Tax documents, And what do i need, please can you please name everything here for me, all the necessary documents including the supporting document, our Visa Category is B1 Visa. And I want to please as a family are we doing the interview together with the kids? You said we shouldn't pay for the flight right? can we pay for the hotel reservation because we are to use the Hotel Address while filling the DS-160. I hope 2 weeks hotel reservation is enough? What do you think about that. thank you for your time here. Cheers

You say a medium scale business is what you control, this must mean you have more than 500 people in your payroll?

The documents you need are :

* Your passports
* Your tax docs
* Your 2x2 photographs 2 each
* Company docs (showing directors)
* Paid IV letter for the conference inviting you and your family
* Accomodation (Make sure you can get a refund if your visa isnt granted)

Do not buy air ticket until your visa is approved.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omonla10(m): 7:10am On Dec 16, 2013
tzetzefly:

Like i said, it is a B1 visa category as you are not going to get paid in the States.

You all should apply together as a group. However, note that each of you will be questioned individually.

If any of you have attended a related conference previously, it will serve a good boost to your group application and if not, be ready for a very good day.

Exhibit no fear, God is in control...
thanks for ur reply. Non of us have gone for such conference b4 but my pastor has been to the states twice this year and they already have the church in their database. And must i also have the list of other places i'll be visiting? Once again thanks for ur replies.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:35am On Dec 16, 2013
omonla10: thanks for ur reply. Non of us have gone for such conference b4 but my pastor has been to the states twice this year and they already have the church in their database. And must i also have the list of other places i'll be visiting? Once again thanks for ur replies.

You better stick to your three days stay for now to avoid unnecessary questions from the CO. After your visa is issued, you can stay in the States for as long as your entry stamp indicates.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ozzy2: 12:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
@Omonia 10: if i may add, if u can apply alone i advise you D̶̲̥̅̊ö dat. I got my visas july dis year through conference and my colleagues dat applied in group were all denied. One of dem said wen d woman taking their finger print first say them she said( what ,group! Noooo it does not work like dat again) and the VO actually denied all of them.

I will advise u look @ the people u r going with and documents very well b4 deciding any.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by keepmegoing(m): 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
tzetzefly:

You say a medium scale business is what you control, this must mean you have more than 500 people in your payroll?

The documents you need are :

* Your passports
* Your tax docs
* Your 2x2 photographs 2 each
* Company docs (showing directors)
* Paid IV letter for the conference inviting you and your family
* Accomodation (Make sure you can get a refund if your visa isnt granted)

Do not buy air ticket until your visa is approved.

thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 11:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
Good to you all in-house.
Wow!!! First of all, May Almighty God bless you ppl for the wonderful job here for the U.S Visa Issue, and may he continue
to enlighten us more.

I am a first timer on Nairaland. Good to meet u guys!!!

Please i want your candid advice on B2 Tourist Visa
What are my chances of getting the Visa.

My profile:

I have carefully studied the DS-160 Form

* Male,
* Single,
* Employed with a salary (N130,000)
* And i have a personal business (without certificate of incorporation) that also yields me extra income: i own a Grill Suya Sport in a Club
* Travel History: Benin Republic x 1 (business trip)
Togo x 1 (business trip)
China; first time didn't travel, visa got expired (business trip)
China x 2 (business trips)
* Purpose of visit: Tourism; i don't know anybody, just going for tourism (New York)
* Duration: 6 days (out of my on annual leave)
* No fixed property
* Bank Statement: N1.2M

Pls what are my chances.

God bless.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
salam00: Good to you all in-house.
Wow!!! First of all, May Almighty God bless you ppl for the wonderful job here for the U.S Visa Issue, and may he continue
to enlighten us more.

I am a first timer on Nairaland. Good to meet u guys!!!

Please i want your candid advice on B2 Tourist Visa
What are my chances of getting the Visa.

My profile:

I have carefully studied the DS-160 Form

* Male,
* Single,
* Employed with a salary (N130,000)
* And i have a personal business (without certificate of incorporation) that also yields me extra income: i own a Grill Suya Sport in a Club
* Travel History: Benin Republic x 1 (business trip)
Togo x 1 (business trip)
China; first time didn't travel, visa got expired (business trip)
China x 2 (business trips)
* Purpose of visit: Tourism; i don't know anybody, just going for tourism (New York)
* Duration: 6 days (out of my on annual leave)
* No fixed property
* Bank Statement: N1.2M
Pls what are my chances.
God bless.

To stand a better chance securing the visa, it would be better you apply to attend a conference in your area of specialisation.

Your profile does not fit a traveller for vacation.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by salam00: 11:51pm On Dec 16, 2013
tzetzefly:

To stand a better chance securing the visa, it would be better you apply to attend a conference in your area of specialisation.

Your profile does not fit a traveller for vacation.

well if conference is the best option,
how to apply for the conference, pls.
and what are the chances of getting a visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by francisumehf: 12:03am On Dec 17, 2013
Apply now for an American visa lottery and you could be lucky to school abroad.

call Mr Francis on 08105506635 for more info

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.