Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,414 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061645 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by kaykad: 7:38am On Dec 10, 2013
[size=18pt][/size]can any body help me out please: I need your help am new to the forum and also new to traveling. have been working for the past 2 yrs in a bank and I want to spend my hols in usa, please I do I go about it
1. from where to get the visa form,
2. How much to pay for visa/submit of visa,
3. will want to apply for just 3 weeks cos that is the duration of my vacation
and any other info you can give me please. will appreciate.

await your swift response
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:05am On Dec 10, 2013
kaykad: [size=18pt][/size]can any body help me out please: I need your help am new to the forum and also new to traveling. have been working for the past 2 yrs in a bank and I want to spend my hols in usa, please I do I go about it
1. from where to get the visa form,
2. How much to pay for visa/submit of visa,
3. will want to apply for just 3 weeks cos that is the duration of my vacation
and any other info you can give me please. will appreciate.

await your swift response

Take note, you are applying for a non-immigrant visa and your visa category is B2 (Tourism or Visit)

1.Since this is your first application, i will advise you apply for a shorter duration i.e. 7-10 days.

2. Every information about applying for a U.S. visa is contained in the guidelines below :

www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp

You can come back here for us to put
you through if you encounter a few setback. Cheers.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by diddy11(m): 8:31am On Dec 10, 2013
hello people(URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED),

I need the help of our in-house experts as it applies to a u.s visa. My brother and a couple of his colleagues at work got an all expense paid trip from their office to attend a conference coming up this year in the u.s of a. In light of this, my questions are as follows; What visa should he put in for,what documentation should he take along with him and what are the likely questions he would be asked. Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
diddy11: hello people(URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED),

I need the help of our in-house experts as it applies to a u.s visa. My brother and a couple of his colleagues at work got an all expense paid trip from their office to attend a conference coming up this year in the u.s of a. In light of this, my questions are as follows; What visa should he put in for,what documentation should he take along with him and what are the likely questions he would be asked. Thank you.

He needs to apply for a B1 visa category. And he need to state on the DS-160 form that he will be sponsored by his office.

During the interview, the CO will want to know the benefit of the conference to his job and he will be required to present a paid conference IV letter.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by diddy11(m): 9:06am On Dec 11, 2013
Thank you for your response, I don't mean to be a pest but I wanted to get clarification on certain issues which are: 1. Are you saying there's no need to show evidence of hotel accommodation and; 2. My brother works as an administrator in a tertiary institution and the conference he's going for has to do with tertiary administrators in the u.s, what would be your answer posed to how such a conference would impact on your career. Thanks ever so much for your prompt response.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:50am On Dec 11, 2013
diddy11: Thank you for your response, I don't mean to be a pest but I wanted to get clarification on certain issues which are: 1. Are you saying there's no need to show evidence of hotel accommodation and; 2. My brother works as an administrator in a tertiary institution and the conference he's going for has to do with tertiary administrators in the u.s, what would be your answer posed to how such a conference would impact on your career. Thanks ever so much for your prompt response.

He is going for a conference in his related field, so nothing to worry about.

A hotel reservation is necessary if the conference organisers do not make available a partner hotel for the organised workshop.

The CO will not demand to see a booked accomodation as you're not expected to make any paid reservation before a visa is issued (except you're sure of a refund).

Exception To The Rule:

You're to tender a conference letter that shows a commitment on your part i.e. your conference must be paid for. And if you're a member of that association, the better (The CO will ask for your membership number and only punch this number into the organisation database and see your profile for assurance).
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 11, 2013
tzetzefly:

The questions you need to ask yourself before applying are:

1. Where are you applying from : Ghana or Nigeria?

2. Who is your sponsor : Husband or Relative?

3. What ties have you in your place of residence or country of domicile?

Thanks, am applying from Johannesburg in south africa, i n husby stays in cape town, my sponsor is my relative, i also study and work as a student here; what re my chances?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:54am On Dec 11, 2013
tetwa:

Thanks, am applying from Johannesburg in south africa, i n husby stays in cape town, my sponsor is my relative, i also study and work as a student here; what re my chances?

Are you a national of a foreign country and not South African? If so, you need to have been consistent with your studies for a period not less than 2-3years with proof of good grades.

And you can be sponsored by a relative as long as you know and can answer questions about his/her status in the States.

Go along with documents about your temporary job in Cape Town and your school ID card and transcripts to buttress your claim.

Note: The transcripts must be addressed from your school in a sealed envelope to the U.S. Consulate you're attending for your interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by diddy11(m): 6:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Thanks tzetzefly for your 9.50am response. Jah bless.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by StrangeMan619: 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
Uncle Tze-Tzefly and everyone, I hail ooo! How una dey? I like the good work that you people are doing here. Sometime ago. I came here asking for your advice on how my Oyibo friend I met online can help me travel to the US. You adviced me to either leave her out of my application or invite her to Nigeria and spend quality time with her so that the CO will take an invitaion from her serious.
After u adviced me, I told her everything. That her brothers here may not give me visa with her invitation if there's no physical relationship between us. She told me she's coming to visit me and spend 2 weeks here.
My people I need advice on what to do when she comes. She's talking about us having a kind of traditional marrige here before she goes back. And then do court wedding in Florida where she lives. What do u advise me to do? What documents or actions is neccesary to convince the CO to issue me visa after she leaves? Please advice. Thank you!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
StrangeMan619: Uncle Tze-Tzefly and everyone, I hail ooo! How una dey? I like the good work that you people are doing here. Sometime ago. I came here asking for your advice on how my Oyibo friend I met online can help me travel to the US. You adviced me to either leave her out of my application or invite her to Nigeria and spend quality time with her so that the CO will take an invitaion from her serious.
After u adviced me, I told her everything. That her brothers here may not give me visa with her invitation if there's no physical relationship between us. She told me she's coming to visit me and spend 2 weeks here.
My people I need advice on what to do when she comes. She's talking about us having a kind of traditional marrige here before she goes back. And then do court wedding in Florida where she lives. What do u advise me to do? What documents or actions is neccesary to convince the CO to issue me visa after she leaves? Please advice. Thank you!
What is the age difference between you too?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jadoremoid: 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
Please how does the dropbox thing work? My 2years visa just expired and I want to renew it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
jadoremoid: Please how does the dropbox thing work? My 2years visa just expired and I want to renew it.

The dropbox system is a renewal of the same category of expired visa without an interview slot. To qualify, an applicant must possess an expired one or two years visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 11:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
Please Tzetzefly and other nairaland members here, please I need your help in suggesting for a genuine Business related conference in US next year around Feb, march or may, I have seen some conferences at conferencealerts.com but I don't know how genuine they are, though I have to tried couple of times to call the organizers but they won't pick up. Please I seriously need help on this.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:15am On Dec 12, 2013
Asorock 1: Please Tzetzefly and other nairaland members here, please I need your help in suggesting for a genuine Business related conference in US next year around Feb, march or may, I have seen some conferences at conferencealerts.com but I don't know how genuine they are, though I have to tried couple of times to call the organizers but they won't pick up. Please I seriously need help on this.

Google ''ASIS'' and register your membership with them. Equally read through the information on their website and get acquainted, after which you then show interest to attend any of their conferences worldwide (USA inclusive). Their HQs is at Alexandria, Virginia, just a few miles outside of Washington, D.C.

If your intention to travel for conference is genuine, i see no reason your visa wont be approved this time.

This is my little assistance to you here due to the numerous challenges you've been through.

All the best......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 6:51am On Dec 12, 2013
tzetzefly:

Google ''ASIS'' and register your membership with them. Equally read through the information on their website and get acquainted, after which you then show interest to attend any of their conferences worldwide (USA inclusive). Their HQs is at Alexandria, Virginia, just a few miles outside of Washington, D.C.

If your intention to travel for conference is genuine, i see no reason your visa wont be approved this time.

This is my little assistance to you here due to the numerous challenges you've been through.

All the best......

Thanks so much tzetzefly for your prompt reply, honestly I don't know how to thank you , I will go through the site , i will come back to give you feed back.God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by StrangeMan619: 7:52am On Dec 12, 2013
justwise: What is the age difference between you too?

Oga Justwise, she is older. She is 34 and I'm 26. She is 8 years older.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by keepmegoing(m): 8:00am On Dec 12, 2013
Greetings to you all the guru in the house, abeg i need help about usa fanily visa, i mean four of a family, please i need you to put me through just don't know where to start, i will really appreciate every comment
Re: Usa Visit Visa by keepmegoing(m): 8:02am On Dec 12, 2013
Greetings to you all the guru in the house, abeg i need help about usa family visa, i mean four of a family, please i need you to put me through just don't know where to start, i will really appreciate every comment
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 12, 2013
keepmegoing: Greetings to you all the guru in the house, abeg i need help about usa fanily visa, i mean four of a family, please i need you to put me through just don't know where to start, i will really appreciate every comment

Consider the followings as you prepare your trip:

1. Your income,job,assets,home ties.

2. Have you all traveled before as a family outside Nigeria

3. Are you going for vacation

4. Who is inviting you to the US?...hope you know much about your invitee

5. How long/how many days are you thinking of spending in the US

6. What part of the US are you visiting, like places of interest/tourist attraction.

7. The VO's hardly check documents,but, you will need to prove/show that you will return back to your home country after your trip & also abide by the condition of your visa.

Goodluck, let other gurus in the house add their suggestions/comments.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 12, 2013
tzetzefly:

Are you a national of a foreign country and not South African? If so, you need to have been consistent with your studies for a period not less than 2-3years with proof of good grades.

And you can be sponsored by a relative as long as you know and can answer questions about his/her status in the States.

Go along with documents about your temporary job in Cape Town and your school ID card and transcripts to buttress your claim.

Note: The transcripts must be addressed from your school in a sealed envelope to the U.S. Consulate you're attending for your interview.
Thanks, am a nigerian, that reside in south africa, as a temporal permit holder, one is allowed to put application in over here, what am applying for is a tourist visa. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
StrangeMan619:

Oga Justwise, she is older. She is 34 and I'm 26. She is 8 years older.

That age bracket is nothing, shouldn't be a prob.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
@tzetzefly

You are doing a good job here, thanks for investing your time and energy answering questions here.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
justwise:

@tzetzefly

You are doing a good job here, thanks for investing your time and energy answering questions here.

@Justwise, thanks for the compliments. Just like you, we're all doing the same thing here on NL along with several others.....

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by jadoremoid: 3:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
tzetzefly:

The dropbox system is a renewal of the same category of expired visa without an interview slot. To qualify, an applicant must possess an expired one or two years visa.

Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by StrangeMan619: 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
justwise:

That age bracket is nothing, shouldn't be a prob.

Oga Justwise, what I'm I supposed to do when she comes. Is it advisable to do the traditional marriage as she suggested? What kind of pics do I take with her. What and what actions will be neccesary to ensure smooth visa issuance. Advice your Bros! Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ozzy2: 6:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hello house, please i nid posible suggestions and advise regarding my case. I got a 2year usa visa(b1/b2) july dis year. My purpose was to attend an academic conferenc but the purpose was nolonger achieved due to dis on going ASUU strike. I intend to travel in feb next year for another one and after which stay back to have my baby and pay all d bills ( but was not pregnant as at wen i went for my inteview and my questions were just centered on the conference).
The issue now is dat I dont know if i will have problem renewing my visa if i D̶̲̥̅̊ö. Kindly advise.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
ozzy2: Hello house, please i nid posible suggestions and advise regarding my case. I got a 2year usa visa(b1/b2) july dis year. My purpose was to attend an academic conferenc but the purpose was nolonger achieved due to dis on going ASUU strike. I intend to travel in feb next year for another one and after which stay back to have my baby and pay all d bills ( but was not pregnant as at wen i went for my inteview and my questions were just centered on the conference).
The issue now is dat I dont know if i will have problem renewing my visa if i D̶̲̥̅̊ö. Kindly advise.

Your concern should be on how you will convince the CBP officer on your actual mission in the U.S. with a potruding belly, and not if you will be issued with a visa in future.

Travel with sufficient money which will be presented to the CBP officer as your proof of being able to pay for your birth procedure, or else you may be turned back on arrival....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Hogan007: 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
HSMP may re-open next year for those still interested in migrating to UK for work.Fingers crossed. grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ozzy2: 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
@tzetzefly:
Thank you for your response. I will try and conceal my pregg as possible as i can, g wit sufficient funds and above all i pray for favour.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by keepmegoing(m): 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
[quote author=ogakpatakpata].

Consider the followings as you prepare your trip:

1. Your income,job,assets,home ties.

2. Have you all traveled before as a family outside Nigeria

3. Are you going for vacation

4. Who is inviting you to the US?...hope you know much about your invitee

5. How long/how many days are you thinking of spending in the US

6. What part of the US are you visiting, like places of interest/tourist attraction.

7. The VO's hardly check documents,but, you will need to prove/show that you will return back to your home country after your trip & also abide by the condition of your visa.

Goodluck, let other gurus in the house add their suggestions/comments.

Thank you so much for your comment and your time i really appreciate it. I have traveled to Malaysia, Dubai, Tanzania, my wife and kids never travel before i hope it will work perfectly this way. nobody is inviting us, we just want to pay for the Hotel reservation and use that to go for the interview at the embassy. I hope we are good with that to apply for a Tourist Visa to Orlando, Florida attraction. and by the time we come back we hope to apply for 2years. or is there any other ways to get permanent residence in USA?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 13, 2013
@keepmegoing...............Why don't you travel alone and use your family left behind as your home tie, travelling with your entire family might be a red flag with some VO's, they might think you are relocating permanently to the US, you don't have to pay for hotel reservation, just make a reservation without payment, for a tourist visit, you will qualify for a 2yrs BIB2 tourist visa, as regard becoming a permanent resident with a tourist visa, that is another issue entirely. Take your time and read backwards on this thread, all your questions have been addressed severally by different contributors. Goodluck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.