Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,020 members, 7,956,782 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:46 PM

Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos (10807 Views)

Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos / Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? / Osoufia in London: Nigerian Home Video/VCD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by clocky(m): 10:38am On Aug 27, 2006
generic storylines is a bore angry
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by momoney1(m): 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2006
The average budget for these films are very low, and so they usually have to shoot the whole movie in two weeks or so. So when they are not able to shoot everything properly in the alloted time period they rely on the editor to make the best use of whatever they have. So to raise the standard we really need financers that are ready to spend more money for each film and try to make more money per movie.

man you just hit the bull's-eye. the budget made and the given period to produce a film is too poor and short, hence, reliance on the editors increases flaws
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by bee22(f): 9:06am On Aug 31, 2006
The major flaw in our movies is DISCONTINUITY.Ever noticed how no one takes time to ensure that the scene flow into one another.

Classic example:I was watching a nigerian film one day(by accident) and this chic gets into the back seat of a car and when she arrives at the destination she gets down from the passengers side and i just turned it off straightaway.It just shows mobody really cares about the quality of movies these days.The censors board shouldn't have allowed them release such an uncouth and crude quality movie.

Also,actors and actresses keep acting the same roles and this makes the movies extremely predictable and boring.

Low budgets.The storyline are not creative because no one will pay a creative scriptwriter so that he delivers something new and exciting.

Fear of exploring new territories.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by zimgirl: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2006
Everyone in our family loves Nigerian movies, living in Canada I guess they are the only ones that keep us sane. However there are just too many problems we have noticed over and over again;
1. 50 yr old fellow acting as the innocent twenty something, shocked
2. Noise just too much noise especially when news of a death or when fighting each other grin
3. Poor sound quality you can hardly hear what they are saying because of the loud background music embarassed
4. The same actor over and over again yeah we must admit some of them are really talented but my god same actor as the pastor, next movie as a deity priest, next movie as the occultist etc etc.
All that being said can anyone suggest were we can buy originals of the movies we are so tired of pirated copies that do not play half the time?
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by mickyarams: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2006
Yeah I'm happy someone has finally brought out this topic.
My first flaw in nollwood movie is the fuckin adverts that take ages and also ends with "51 iweka road onistha"
Secondly why do they come up with movies that finishes at the interesting part and they ask you to watch out for part 2.Anyway,I know it is part of their business strategy.I also hate to see th nigerian police on any nollywood movie because they all look like boyscouts.Just try to compare them with the fbi and cia you see on hollywood movies you can see the difference is clear.Their police station is just too disgraceful
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by mickyarams: 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2006
You see some nollywood films where you find a lot of people standing and watching the actors where the filming is taking place.That is what I call Amateur filming.
The movie effects also look like a powerpoint presentation
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by mickyarams: 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2006
Why do we make too much of love and romance films with predictable endings
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by soulpatrol(f): 4:26am On Sep 22, 2006
@ mickyarams. you couldnt have said it any better. the effects really do look like powerpoints. isnt that just so annoying, and amateurish? they can do better than that. even a high school kid can come up with better effects. haba! and the one where they have bystanders looking at them filming, they should do something about it, maybe blur them out a bit or something sha. its too obvious and the bystanders always look so bush and rugged like theyve never seen a movie being shot before cool
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Shokoloko(f): 11:41pm On Sep 22, 2006
i have my list ready

(1) To prolong the film into part 2 they give many crying scenes which take 30 mins. each
(2) Even after 30 years, actresses still have the same hair on
(3) Even when an actress is acting a village girl she has properly manicured nails
(4) Must it always end with "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"?
(5) Sometimes the Camera man's shadow is seen or he's reflection seen when he stands
near a mirror (so lame and un professional)
(6) One i will never forget, in a film called Amazoni the director's voice can be heard saying :
"1,2,3 GO"
(7) Most films, the soundtrack is very loud so u harldy hear anything being said
(cool Village folks trying to "Phonee". Pls dey shld drop the fake accents
(9) Someone dat has been beaten up badly with bruises that shld leave horribe scars will
be seen with a fresh spotless face after one week (how horrible).
(10) Love scenes: The actors are not kissing but the camera man focuses on their just
touching lips which are closed. ( I have more but i have to go to bed now, i'm sleepy) grin
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by damygurl(f): 11:51pm On Sep 22, 2006
Shokoloko:

(10) Love scenes: The actors are not kissing but the camera man focuses on their just
touching lips which are closed. ( I have more but i have to go to bed now, i'm sleepy) grin
true dat. in diz movie "bond" it was so freaking annoying. they r married and supposed to be in luv and all dat. d guy was supposed to be frenchkissing d gurl and d camera guy did a closeup of there lips. it was barely touching. he was just moving her head all about to make it seem like he was doing it 4 real.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by soulpatrol(f): 1:54am On Sep 23, 2006
@shokoloko. omigod ure so funny. that is all so true! grin 1,2,3 go indeed or action! lol grin grin grin
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by francesbab(f): 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2006
Mehn u guys got ma ribs aching grin

Wat do u tink bout someone dat's supposed to have just woken up from sleep wearing heavymake-ups and jewelries?

In a flash back u'll c someone rememberin a scene in life b4 he was born tongue

Action films nko?gun shots*yuck*

Watched one like dat {4goten d name} the woman was wearing a bou bou gown while in the kitchen and wen the husband called her to the parlour she was wearing a buba cry

There's one i watched too:a girl was fightin wif her brother's gf wen the brother came to separate them the girl was wearing another sleep cloth.

Lots $ lots of em sha but can't continue, lol
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by papaD1(m): 11:36pm On Jan 10, 2007
how are y'all?
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by anabell(f): 12:16am On Jan 13, 2007
d soundtracks says it all so i always cover my ears when d sountrack starts so i dont no what will happen next
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by omogenaija(f): 1:32am On Jan 14, 2007
another problem is when the soundtrack is louder than the actors angry
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by initiate: 8:45pm On May 30, 2007
does anyone know any actor/ actress / producer or director of nigeria movies?

please call their attention so they could defend. this this is too one sided
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by denex: 9:35pm On May 30, 2007
Well, I personally believe home videos are flawless because I really cannot believe all those poops happen by error. I once saw this movie where a guy was so disrespected by his wife, at one point she tells him he has to cook his own food.
Now this guy gets back from work one day and has to cook. Does he simply cook Indomie? No! Jollof rice? No! Guy decides what he needs is a good plate of pounded yam. So there's a montage of him peeling the yam, cutting the yam, washing the yam, cooking the yam and then finally pounding it. Only for this guy to dish the food and when he starts eating it, it's Eba!
To me that was the height. I really don't know why perhaps after the first take, the pounded yam finished and they had to continue it with eba. Possibly the director took a second look at the script last minute and realised that eating pounded yam wouldn't portray true suffering, so last minute he decided on eba. I'm still pondering.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by denex: 9:37pm On May 30, 2007
Well, I personally believe home videos are flawless because I really cannot believe all those poops happen by error. I once saw this movie where a guy was so disrespected by his wife, at one point she tells him he has to cook his own food.
Now this guy gets back from work one day and has to cook. Does he simply cook Indomie? No! Jollof rice? No! Guy decides what he needs is a good plate of pounded yam. So there's a montage of him peeling the yam, cutting the yam, washing the yam, cooking the yam and then finally pounding it. Only for this guy to dish the food and when he starts eating it, it's Eba!
To me that was the height. I really don't know why perhaps after the first take, the pounded yam finished and they had to continue it with eba. Possibly the director took a second look at the script last minute and realised that eating pounded yam wouldn't portray true suffering, so last minute he decided on eba. I'm still pondering.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by soulpatrol(f): 11:48pm On May 30, 2007
omigod denex, you got me crackin up o! grin
the director and his people must have eaten the food on set and replaced it with eba. he he
anyhow, even hollywood movies are not devoid of continuity errors like that. no big deal.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by soulpatrol(f): 11:51pm On May 30, 2007
i still can't get over how they end almost every single movie with "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"
like, we know already o! not to sound unreligious or anything, but it ain't a christian movie, don't paint God's name all over the place. of course we owe everything to him. he knows. whatever happened to being subtle? must errrthing be over the top? dang nigerians! grin
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Ollie39: 12:08am On May 31, 2007
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]Do the couples have to dance and sing in the forest? It makes me want to slap them.
Unncessary violence.
The actor dials a number and starts speaking striaght away, without even waiting for the other phone to ring? (poor acting)
People running around with guns trying to be James Bond, which they obviously aint.
Fake accents.
Singing, when they can't even sing for their dinner

and on, and on, and on, and on,
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by soulpatrol(f): 1:47am On May 31, 2007
@ ollie. LAMO grin you don summarize am finish o.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by dominobaby(f): 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2007
Omigosh! Came here to have me some good good laughs, and laugh i did!!! Lmao!
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by janami(f): 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2007
when a woman wears perfect make up even after a drunken spree or when she is supposedly fast asleep at nite. there is this fil that this actress did, she was locked in a room overnight to sleep in. lo and behold, when morning came, her hair was in perfect order with lipgloss shining when they went to wake her up.
who wears heels at home and dresses to kill?
the unrealistic way they mention money. 2million, 50million?
when a scene is supposed to be nite, the cameraman most time always mistakenly zooms in on the sun reflecting outside. imagine.
how does a woman wear thesame hairdo for 5years?
when the cameraman wastes like 5mins of the movie time showing us the driving skills of the actor/actress
the sound of their gun shots. infact i can go on and on and wont finish today
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Seun(m): 8:19pm On Jan 05, 2008
Moved to TV/Movie section
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Migines(m): 9:43am On Jan 06, 2008
I stopped watching nigerian movies after i realised dat by watching d advert, i can figure out part2.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by ayusco: 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2008
funny posts. so here's my 2 cents.
1.hav u noticed dt in most of our movies we nigerians are so 'security conscious' i mean how can som1 enter ur compound thru ur unlocked gate, open ur unlocked front door, then enter ur livin room & there is d owner of d house sittin casually look at d person & say 'yes can i help u' as if this is normal.

2.Pete Edochie always usin animal proverbs.

3.Ini Edo sorry to say wearin 'slutty' outfits in most of her movies no matter d role.

4.somtimes u c d boomstick in a scene.

5.jim iyke & his phantom tears

6.movie previews with som1 shoutin lik we r deaf or segun arinze talkin abstract philosophy

7. our gsm services are so amazinly effecient dt one touch diallin & d other person piks up instantly not 2 mention calls dt neva drop
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by folem: 11:49pm On Jan 20, 2008
Trying to commit suicide in a forest and the noose is already tied waiting for you on a tree.  grin grin grin

Sending a wife packing away from her matrimonial home takes just 1 trip to her bedroom and removing 2 suitcases of her belongings packed ready just like a Boy Scout's.   grin grin grin
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Maygas: 10:49pm On May 27, 2009
When someone is arrest in their movies they so called police people intend to malhandled the person which of cause is not done in the natural sense and it makes that part of the movie looks too artificial
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Maygas: 10:53pm On May 27, 2009
In most nigerian movies, house help are overly maltreated mostly by their madams
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Treetop20(m): 3:03am On May 28, 2009
they shout way too much
their romantic scenes are laughable
infact the whole thing blows!
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by mohawkchic(f): 3:09am On May 28, 2009
~Some of these flaws makes Some home vids funny . .having said that tho i wud very much love to see improvement on already forementioned flaws . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Dstv Explorer Is Showing Red Exclamation Mark... Help!! / Download | Surviving R.kelly | All Episodes | Documentary / Big Brother Africa Returns With Shower Hour For Fifth Season.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.