Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? (4012 Views)

Should I Confront The Girl That purposely Accused Me of getting her pregnant? / Help, My 3months Marriage Is In Danger, Should I Confront Her? / 'I Caught My Girlfriend Cheating, I'm Scared To Confront Her. She Might Kick Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Alexgman1(m): 4:16am On Sep 03, 2020
My girl is in her early 20s. A pretty, decent damsel who was born & brought up in MFM. I deflowered her 2years ago. Shes very innocent facialy, very loving, caring, romantic & helpful. I can go on & on describing her good & unique virtues which make me love & cherish her so much. But the problem is SHE LIES ALOT.
I know an average human lies like up to 5x a day but my baby doesn't know how to stop or use caution when it comes to lying. I have not talked to her about it before, all i do is nod my head or smile whenever she talks.
Am fed up already because there is nothing you will ask her that she wont respond witout lying or twisting words specially when we are on call. She lies on things that doesn't even need to be lied about.
Just recently she came to my place, we had so much fun & she slept off there after. I was looking 4 my phone everywhere in the house but couldnt find it so i had to use her phone to call my number. To my greatest surprise she saved my number in her phone as "MY BROTHER"

6 Likes

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by LawLab247: 4:46am On Sep 03, 2020
Chai

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Sage161(m): 4:46am On Sep 03, 2020
Sorry but you don't have a girlfriend

7 Likes

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by frubben(m): 4:48am On Sep 03, 2020
grin
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Alexgman1(m): 5:10am On Sep 03, 2020
Sage161:
Sorry but you don't have a girlfriend
How & why?
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Sage161(m): 5:20am On Sep 03, 2020
Alexgman1:
How & why?
People are like music, some say the truth while the rest are just noise. Your girlfriend is an unapologetic liar probably a cheat but your perception problem won't let you perceive that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Ahmed0336(m): 5:36am On Sep 03, 2020
Oga, just kiss the relationship goodbye and experience peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by mamaafrik(m): 5:45am On Sep 03, 2020
You only need to say "Au revoir" to that relationship,you can't change a pathological liar man.
Ka pataeee sharp sharp,you are dating a cheat and a robber on the making the question is do you want to see such in the live of your kids??
I have a close person who saw similar trait in the husband(my family member) but still went ahead to get pregnant for the man,she is now going through hell and now regretting ever marrying that guy who is unfortunately my own person,after marriage no " God will take control prayer " remain ooooooo.

Use your brain take drop the bae, no let totoo too sweet you,my i Naira advise,we no wan hear" one Nairalander jumped into the lagoon in the Nearest future
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Alexgman1(m): 5:46am On Sep 03, 2020
Ahmed0336:
YOU tink its dat easy?
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by horlahwaley(m): 6:35am On Sep 03, 2020
MY BROTHER part got me grin

5 Likes

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by youngmo001(m): 6:54am On Sep 03, 2020
Alexgman1:
My girl is in her early 20s. A pretty, decent damsel who was born & brought up in MFM. I deflowered her 2years ago. Shes very innocent facialy, very loving, caring, romantic & helpful. I can go on & on describing her good & unique virtues which make me love & cherish her so much. But the problem is SHE LIES ALOT.
I know an average human lies like up to 5x a day but my baby doesn't know how to stop or use caution when it comes to lying. I have not talked to her about it before, all i do is nod my head or smile whenever she talks.
Am fed up already because there is nothing you will ask her that she wont respond witout lying or twisting words specially when we are on call. She lies on things that doesn't even need to be lied about.
Just recently she came to my place, we had so much fun & she slept off there after. I was looking 4 my phone everywhere in the house but couldnt find it so i had to use her phone to call my number. To my greatest surprise she saved my number in her phone as "MY BROTHER"

chai...I no fit laugh..
she get her main boyfriend somewhere..you are just a side boyfriend.
just make her your side girlfriend..don't end the relationship, use it to take free tooto.
then get a new babe for urself
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Alexgman1(m): 6:57am On Sep 03, 2020
youngmo001:

chai...I no fit laugh..
just make her your side girlfriend..don't end the relationship, use it to take free tooto.
May God forgive u.

1 Like

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Alexgman1(m): 6:59am On Sep 03, 2020
Ahmed0336:
Are u kidding me?
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Alexgman1(m): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2020
horlahwaley:
MY BROTHER part got me grin
It really pain me bro.
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Alexgman1(m): 7:02am On Sep 03, 2020
youngmo001:

chai...I no fit laugh..
Na me deflower her.
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 03, 2020
Alexgman1:
Na me deflower her.
You never see chumchim.She go take lie finish you for dia,MY BROTHER IN DEED! cheesy
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Alexgman1(m): 7:06am On Sep 03, 2020
NNU0000:
You never see chumchim.She go take lie finish you for dia,MY BROTHER IN DEED! cheesy
Its well women na wa
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by shawnfamous(m): 7:12am On Sep 03, 2020
U shouldn't have added that she saved ur number as "My brother".. Okay maybe she lied to her phone as well grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by konkonbilo(m): 7:23am On Sep 03, 2020
grin
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by paulolee(m): 7:33am On Sep 03, 2020
a lieing bea must be a cheat and i kinda blamed you because it seems u created that spirit in her when u deflowered a church girl and lastly am getting this feeling dt its because of the fact dt she saved ur name as "my brother" dt hurts you the more than her lies..
my bro jus go get a new bea, dt one don see outside life and need to enjoy am to the fullest..
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by frozen70(f): 7:58am On Sep 03, 2020
Alexgman1:

It's time to confront her about her lying habits before it becomes chronic
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 03, 2020
Alexgman1:
Na me deflower her.

Wetin give u the assurance?
If she's a lier, she's also a deciever

Na menstruation blood u see that night.
No be defloration blood grin

3 Likes

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Rickmann: 8:44am On Sep 03, 2020
Alexgman1:

MY BROTHER, now that it's just lies, do you want to wait till the starts cheating before you have sense?
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 03, 2020
Like u said she's from a religious family and also a young girl maybe she's to hide things from parents/siblings "my brother"

1 Like

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Vyzz: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2020
That is to say...

Ya commit incest
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by NevetsIbot(m): 9:40am On Sep 03, 2020
Well. If she lies a lot.. Know why she lies by talking to her.

Most times, people who lie freely and without caution are people who can steal and cheat without batting an eyelid.

1 Like

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Authoreety: 10:18am On Sep 03, 2020
Chai! I saw where you said she's also decent... Very funny..
Your gal friend got her part in the lake of fire �.

That will be all for now
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by ogboro1(m): 10:24am On Sep 03, 2020
baba d pussy was never yours...its was only your turn...so keep beating dat pussy till u get tired of it....
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by Tinax(f): 10:31am On Sep 03, 2020
She’s just 17... so she might have saved your name as brother because of her parents :-.... the lying part tell her to stop... she’s still under going home training... moreover encourage her to read law.. she will make a good lawyer.

1 Like

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by QuinModah(f): 10:38am On Sep 03, 2020
I would recommend an adult, rational discussion on how to proceed from here.

You're not her father, you know. You don't get to "scold" her when she does something you don't like or praise her, like a "good girl," when she complies with your wishes.

Not wanting to be lied to in a relationship is not only understandable, it's healthy, but I fear your approach (or outlook on the available options) on how to deal with this, will not yield you the results you desire. Quite the contrary, in fact. Trust me, I've been with a person who I could only truthfully diagnose as having narcissistic personality disorder (but I am no physician).

Calmly and maturely tell her how much honesty means to you and this relationship, and that, it is not only desired, but required for this relationship to work.

After that, if she still chooses to lie, you leave. Period. It may hurt, but you have to have enough self-respect to not let yourself get treated that way, and you have to have enough wisdom to understand that you can't change most people.

1 Like

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? by IyaTola: 10:45am On Sep 03, 2020
Run, don't walk to the nearest exit.

Pathological lying is an addiction, it's just that its effects are more circumstantial than physical. Do you really want to build a life with someone whose reality is so malleable? And self-destructive?

Liars are toxic. Feel free to explain this to her but don't for a minute believe her when she promises to change. Habits and addictions are extremely hard to change. Say maybe on the order of asking a homosexual to become straight or a pedophile to abandon their obsession.

Don't hang your future on such a flimsy hook. Warn her about the consequences of her lying if you want, it may ease your inevitable sense of inappropriate guilt, but it won't change her. Get out of her orbit before she drags you down with her. Sometimes in life we can make gentle changes gradually, but other situations require a 180. This is one of those.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drama Unfolds In Club As Slay Queens Undr£ss Each Other As They Fight Dirty. / This Msg Is For Ladies And Guys Approaching 40 Without Kids. / Why Do Most Ladies Misbehave After Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.