Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,601 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry (4003 Views)

Who Would Marry Me (pix) / Only A Real Woman Would See This And Still Stick With You....true Or False? / Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With (2) (3) (4)

Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by publisher(m): 11:43am On Feb 23, 2011
Nigerian women are eager to get married before they turn 30. Women in their 20s are still regarded as desirable in our society,they have options and can be justified in their 'shakara' toward suitors. But once they cross the 30 mark,desperation sets in and more often than not,she becomes any man's game. Here's a look at four types of men Nigerian women readily settle for:

1.Tall,Dark and Handsome:
Believe it or not. Most Nigerian women dont like light skinned men,especially the 'pretty boys'. Why? Well,Nigerian women share same pattern with their male folks which considers light skinned people to be very attractive. But while Nigerian men rush to marry light skinned girls,Nigerian women get intimidated by them cos they feel that once married,other women will not allow their husbands rest. However,the tall,dark ,handsome male is relatively a safer haven for Nigerian women,i still dont know why though, another irony is that most of these women still prefer having light skinned children.

2. Heavily Built:
We are not talking about fat boyz here,but well built ,strong looking Nigerian men. Most Nigerian women like men they can be proud of in public,hugely built men are a must have any day. It gives the Nigerian woman a sense of protection and security.

3. VERY RICH UGLY MEN:
Some Nigerian women believe that marrrying a not so goodlooking man who happens to be very rich is the best thing that can happen to them. They erroneously believe that since their hubbys are not so good looking,other women will not disturb them ( Boy,are they sooooo wrong).And even if her hubby is becomes wayward,she still has his money to enjoy. The only sad part is that Nigerian women who have opted for this option prefer attending social functions alone,in their work place computers or BBs,you'll never see their hubbys' picture as screen savers. And if they happen to give birth to children who look like their husbands, well,thats a very sad mother!

4. Men of God.
The 'chistian' Nigerian woman will do anything to be the wife of a born again christian or pastor,especially the successful ones. The main reason while this pattern is gaining popularity is due to the ease at which such a relationship is consummated. All they need to do is 'hear from the lord' and every other thing follows. And if these men of God end up becoming 'really' successful,that's heaven on earth for the Nigerian women. Also,many Nigerian women believe that men of God are less likely to cheat.
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by afrobaby(f): 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
As much as possible, most these all definitions doesn't apply to me
1st,
Tall, dark and handsome, my fiance is short in height and light-skinned, I am short and the thought of marrying a man that I will have to stand on top of a stool to kiss him is annoying or even look like a giant beside me is disgusting, or even waking up in the middle of the night and seeing one black thing beside me could be scary, except that he is handsome
2nd,
Heavily built: Have u heard of a yoruba adage that says furugbongbon o si ileku, i.e being heavily built does not open any door, except if u wanna break it sha, my guy doesnt need to be heavy for protection, what kind of protection do I want self, I am a very simple and gentle person to the CORE
3rd
Very rich ugly guy
I dont like people dat are ugly, I must confess, and I don't like people that are very rich, I love men that are wealthy and can provide for the family

4th
Men of God
Guy, I must confess, I can never marry a pastor, if my husband shud wake up one mornign and says he wants to go into ministry, I willtell him straight up, am not interested. The responsibility of a real men of God's wife is by far more than what I can chew and I won't deceive myself
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by MsPotato(f): 1:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
Hmmm. . . Ill see what Nigerian women have to say smiley
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by sorrytoo: 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
publisher:

Nigerian women are eager to get married before they turn 30. Women in their 20s are still regarded as desirable in our society,they have options and can be justified in their 'shakara' toward suitors. But once they cross the 30 mark,desperation sets in and more often than not,she becomes any man's game. Here's a look at four types of men Nigerian women readily settle for:

Believe it or not. Most Nigerian women dont like light skinned men,especially the 'pretty boys'. Why? Well,Nigerian women share same pattern with their male folks which considers light skinned people to be very attractive. But while Nigerian men rush to marry light skinned girls,Nigerian women get intimidated by them cos they feel that once married,other women will not allow their husbands rest. However,the tall,dark ,handsome male is relatively a safer haven for Nigerian women,i still dont know why though, another irony is that most of these women still prefer having light skinned children.

I dont agree,I actually think,tall,dark and handsome men are the bizness,they r the front runners,light skinned brothers takes the back seat.

2. Heavily Built:
We are not talking about fat boyz here,but well built ,strong looking Nigerian men. Most Nigerian women like men they can be proud of in public,hugely built men are a must have any day. It gives the Nigerian woman a sense of protection and security.

NO, i dont know any single lady that prefers heavily built,maybe heavily built with another attribute,

3. VERY RICH UGLY MEN:
Some Nigerian women believe that marrrying a not so goodlooking man who happens to be very rich is the best thing that can happen to them. They erroneously believe that since their hubbys are not so good looking,other women will not disturb them ( Boy,are they sooooo wrong).And even if her hubby is becomes wayward,she still has his money to enjoy. The only sad part is that Nigerian women who have opted for this option prefer attending social functions alone,in their work place computers or BBs,you'll never see their hubbys' picture as screen savers. And if they happen to give birth to children who look like their husbands, well,thats a very sad mother!

Ugly Or Goodlooking ,as long as he's rich,then a lot of female will fall into that, it just happens that most very rich guys r Ugly,

4. Men of God.
The 'chistian' Nigerian woman will do anything to be the wife of a born again christian or pastor,especially the successful ones. The main reason while this pattern is gaining popularity is due to the ease at which such a relationship is consummated. All they need to do is 'hear from the lord' and every other thing follows. And if these men of God end up becoming 'really' successful,that's heaven on earth for the Nigerian women. Also,many Nigerian women believe that men of God are less likely to cheat.

Yeah,men of God= Peace of mind,and u have to be equally very religious ,cos it comes with a lot of responsiblities

Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by Areaboy2(m): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2011
afrobaby:

As much as possible, most these all definitions doesn't apply to me
1st,
Tall, dark and handsome, my fiance is short in height and light-skinned, I am short and the thought of marrying a man that I will have to stand on top of a stool to kiss him is annoying or even look like a giant beside me is disgusting, or even waking up in the middle of the night and seeing one black thing beside me could be scary, except that he is handsome

but maybe its just me. Tall guys like short girls grin

I've been plagued with a few tongue and i still find them attractive. although my current gf is 6.0' i still catch myself starring at some shorties around the corner! tongue.

I'm about 6.3' imagine the sight of us when she wears heels cheesy
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2011
generally speaking, light skinned women tend to have a preference for dark skinned men, while light skinned men tend not to receive the same degree of attention from dark skinned women.

dark skinned men are more sought after by all shades.

medium skinned [not too light or dark] might be giving the dark ones a run for their money, but i'm not sure.

in the overall nigerian context that is.

none of this is set in stone however.
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2011
publisher:

Nigerian women are eager to get married before they turn 30. Dat was den!not now!! [/b]Women in their 20s are still regarded as desirable in our society,they have options and can be justified in their 'shakara' toward suitors. But once they cross the 30 mark,desperation sets in ,[b]dey know so dat's y dey r not desperate again![/b]and more often than not,she becomes any man's game. Here's a look at four types of men Nigerian women readily settle for:

1.[b]Tall,Dark and Handsome:

Believe it or not. Most Nigerian women dont like light skinned men,especially the 'pretty boys'. Why? Well,Nigerian women share same pattern with their male folks which considers light skinned people to be very attractive. But while Nigerian men rush to marry light skinned girls,Nigerian women get intimidated by them cos they feel that once married,other women will not allow their husbands rest. However,the tall,dark ,handsome male is relatively a safer haven for Nigerian women,i still dont know why though, another irony is that most of these women still prefer having light skinned children. Dis one applies to me but can differ for oda ladies,Handsomeness is d keyword here!

2. Heavily Built:

3. VERY RICH UGLY MEN:

4. Men of God.
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by iice(f): 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2011
Lol na so ooo.
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by Parisgoodman(m): 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2011
Hmmm, Nigerian women, una wahala many ooo. From heavily built 2 wealthy through pastors(motivational speakers) down 2 tall sexy ones. When u nor see all dis ones @ your 35, na dat time u go say ''man na man''
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2011
OP i argee with the 3rd option.Take for example Bola Tinubu the former lagos governor.Na very wowor man but im get money and political connections and i am sure that is what attracted his very beautiful wife to him cheesy
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by ruthy28(f): 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2011
U should say some and not all Nigerian girls cause I will chose a lightskinned tall and handsome guy over any of those listed anyday cause I am dark skinned and tall so I can't marry a dark skinned guy what will my kids look like huh??
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by anonymous6(f): 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2011
publisher:

2. Heavily Built:

3. VERY RICH UGLY MEN:

4. Men of God.

very interesting assessment but I must make a correction for you, there are some Nigerian women that like a combination of all in the list or don't like something in each of those list; so it isn't as clear cut as you put in your list but if I had to grade you so far in what you wrote, I will give you a 7/10
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 11, 2011

2. Heavily Built:

3. VERY RICH UGLY MEN:

4. Men of God.

[size=14pt]Well articulated, Nicely composed objectionable Jack[b]s[/b]hit!. . . Gallivanting Rubbish, that cannot be compartmentalized! smiley[/size]
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by lindabon: 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2011
Most 9ja guys keep thinking that "every single woman walking the surface of the earth is desperate to get married"! how wrong can you be.  undecided undecided
SMH!!!
I wonder when this obssession about Nigerian women will stop.
SO BORING!!! 

Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 12, 2011
lindabon:

Most 9ja guys keep thinking that "every single woman walking the surface of the earth is desperate to get married"! how wrong can you be.  undecided undecided
SMH!!!
SO BORING!!! 

abeg stop to dey lie.the most reason why naija church business na booming church business na because many naija women dey run go church give money to pastor to look for husband for them for vision grin
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by Goldieluks: 10:54am On Nov 12, 2011
lefulefu:

abeg stop to dey lie.the most reason why naija church business na booming church business na because many naija women dey run go church give money to pastor to look for husband for them for vision grin

Lifeless cobweb,you don fly reach here?
Re: Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry by 190smh: 11:00am On Nov 12, 2011
lindabon:

SMH!!!
SO BORING!!! 

shocked shocked angry angry angry

Help My Gf Is Too Slim / Locations In Agbor (delta State) To Take A Girl / She Codes???

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86