Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? (1309 Views)

See How Virginity Testing Is Done In Some Parts Of Africa (pictures) / I Think Life Is Unfair To Women & Guys Need To Be Realistic! / My Boss Hates Me For Dating Her Niece. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by aminalib(f): 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2011
I just came from my dr. office I had std and HIV testing done( i last had this done in july), so they told me i could wait in the office for 40-60 minutes to get my results, i wait and I get it(negative). Do you or would you make it a requirement for any guy/or girl who is interested in u to get TESTED and show u proof? is it logical/realistic or , ?
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by MrsChima(f): 7:06pm On Feb 23, 2011
Yes.  Everyone should get tested regardless where they have met both online and offline.  My husband and I got tested before we were exclusively dating. What is the point of dating someone you may not be able to have sex or children with if the relationship progressed into marriage?
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by MrsChima(f): 7:12pm On Feb 23, 2011
Amina,

Although HIV testing is relative because you got millions of people with EXCUSES why they wouldn't take the test. However, there are people who meet with each other and have sex even with a condom thinking that the condom will protects them from totally not realizing that condoms can be defective, bear holes, slip off, and the elasticity of the condom wears off therefore doesn't hold much protection as one will think.

The problem with HIV testing in dating and marriage that people do not think they will catch it or they are shielded from it That is sad.
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by aminalib(f): 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2011
i totally agree, i have also asked some friends if a partner they were interested in knowing asked them, would they test, and some said no because they feel they are being violated in their rights, but i think that alot of people are just SCARED to know WHAT IF, the first time i ever took my test, i had to wait for 2 weeks and that was one of the worst 2 weeks, cuz i kept thinking what if
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by MrsChima(f): 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
Yes, that is why HIV IS RAMPANT especially in BLACK COMMUNITIES AROUND THE WORLD.
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by Odunnu: 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2011
It has never bothered me but if I have to be sleeping with him, I guess i'l have to find out his status
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by kaymoney2(m): 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Amina Hmm waiting for guys Hiv status infact you will be as old as this
this woman below

Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by aminalib(f): 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2011
na true, maybe for ur results, hmmm
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by MrCork17: 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2011
black people dont catch aids. . Only Gay homos!! wink
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by aminalib(f): 7:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
happy black history month, ur forefathers are proud
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2011
kay-money:

@Amina Hmm waiting for guys Hiv status infact you will be as old as this
this woman below

Dude you are wrong,

@topic  I do go for HIV test every 6 months but for the past 2-3 years I didn't and I finally went for it last month during the waiting period damn it was as if I was waiting for some death sentence  grin even though my partner did herz few weeks before me I didn't feel cool until i got my result which I know happens to those of you that go for that very kinda test. It's good to live a healthy and protective life fellaz,  So hell yes everyone should get tested.

Good to know that me n my baby re healthy grin smiley
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by aminalib(f): 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2011
REALITY101:

Dude you are wrong,

@topic  I do go for HIV test every 6 months but for the past 2-3 years I didn't and I finally went for it last month during the waiting period damn it was as if I was waiting for some death sentence  grin even though my partner did herz few weeks before me I didn't feel cool until i got my result which I know happens to those of you that go for that very kinda test. It's good to live a healthy and protective life fellaz,  So hell yes everyone should get tested.

Good to know that me n my baby re healthy grin smiley

i know baby u were so worried, and at night when we slept i would console u and tell u it would be ok, that i would be with u no matter wat,
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by kaymoney2(m): 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2011
REALITY101:

Dude you are wrong,

@topic  I do go for HIV test every 6 months but for the past 2-3 years I didn't and I finally went for it last month during the waiting period damn it was as if I was waiting for some death sentence  grin even though my partner did herz few weeks before me I didn't feel cool until i got my result which I know happens to those of you that go for that very kinda test. It's good to live a healthy and protective life fellaz, So hell yes everyone should get tested.

Clap for yourself Reality101* Actually I have done the test once that was many years ago
But I dont think anything can take me back to the GP for such test again that is  why Amina
would wait until she looks  like that woman  above
 grin grin grin
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by aminalib(f): 8:04pm On Feb 23, 2011
seriously speaking kay money if u had the test once, then try to take it again, u already know what to expect as far as anxiety goes, its best to know what ur dealing with
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2011
aminalib:

i know baby u were so worried, and at night when we slept i would console u and tell u it would be ok, that i would be with u no matter wat,

Click clack lol

kay-money:

Clap for yourself Reality101* Actually I have done the test once that was many years ago
But I dont think anything can take me back to the GP for such test again that is  why Amina
would wait until she looks  like that woman  above
 grin grin grin

lol smdh
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by kaymoney2(m): 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2011
aminalib:

seriously speaking kay money if u had the test once, then try to take it again, u already know what to expect as far as anxiety goes, its best to know what your dealing with

@Amina I was negative during the first test experience but I was like waiting for the Judge to
rule over my case in the court of law after being charged with treason against the state chances are 50-50 grin
hope you get my point so I cant face such pressure again
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by violent(m): 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^^

Then you must have been living recklessly to be in such situation.
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by kaymoney2(m): 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2011
But you are a Virgin abi and your condom has never bust inside angry
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by MrsChima(f): 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2011
I am proud to be a virgin.
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by kaymoney2(m): 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Mrs Chima are you sure grin grin grin
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by MrCork17: 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

virgin & waiting for her Dream man: Mr Cork! wink
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by MrsChima(f): 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2011
kay-money:

Mrs Chima are you sure grin grin grin

Mr. Chima is trying to figure out a successful DEFLOWERING process without pain and discomfort. Virgin power!
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by kaymoney2(m): 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Mr. Chima is trying to figure out a successful DEFLOWERING process without pain and discomfort. Virgin power!

Hmm Kudos to Mr Chima what a man undecided undecided
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by MrsChima(f): 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2011
You got that right! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by Orikinla(m): 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2011
A must to save your life. There are over 3 million cases of HIV in Nigeria and mostly spread by young women. I demand it. It is simply reasonable. A survey confirmed that many young people lie about their sexual activities to lure the ignorant and careless ones into relationship.
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by livedit(f): 9:06pm On Feb 23, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

grin You're so funny!  grin

I think anyone who is sexually active period no matter if it's regularly or occasionally should get tested.  So many people get caught up in that "I don't have no symptoms" or " I don't sleep around with random partners so I don't need to be tested" or another infamous thought, "that person *looked* healthy so I'm sure they don't have anything."  Like Mrs. Chima said, that is why HIV/STD's such a high epidemic in this nation because too many people are afraid and/or careless to get tested until it's too late.  So I agree, I think it should be a prerequisite to get tested regularly if you plan on dating and becoming intimate with your partner(s).  Just being sexually responsible and mature and frankly, it's for YOUR own good.
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by coolgb(m): 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2011
seriously i think its essential,but na d fear o u knw na,i rememba my experience chai.
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by livedit(f): 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Heey Livedit girl! I know the wedding day is near! grin

grin Yes girl, it's been so crazy these past few weeks and STILL got a month to go! Yikes! I'm so excited but yet nervous! We have everything almost together now. Thank you God! smiley
Re: Hiv Testing Realistic Requirement For Dating? by BIGDICK3: 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Mrs chima, You re a Virgin indeed !!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

If you claimed to be a virgin(IN YOUR DREAM) perhaps every single ladies out there could possibly be ONE. Gbam grin grin grin grin

Oceanic Bank out of all banks,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Sure To Check The Package Fellas / Help Me Interpret This Statement Which A Girl Told Me / Why Are Most Women Not Patient Enough In Waiting For Their Crush To Say Yes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.