Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,724 members, 7,831,298 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife (59666 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) / Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Anthony Joshua For Prostrating Before Buhari / Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Ismaila Isa Funtua, Calls Him Uncircumcised Philistine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2020
Asianjollof007:

God bless you

And you too sir
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife by Dayvidblue: 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
But from the picture, I can observe that every other person is seated.

wale377:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQT7pEAZxJY

Femi Fani-Kayode, a former Minister of Aviation, has berated former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu, for failing to stand up to greet the Ooni of Ife at the Coronation of the Oniru of Iruland in Lagos state earlier in the week.

The Ooni of Ife had arrived the event and was walking to the high table when he stopped by to greet Tinubu.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realFFK/status/1303938155624759296
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife by Kazzyjojofelo: 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
Very disrespectful!
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife by xjiggy: 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2020
Keraxes:

Stop saying nonsense from beer parlour gist. So oba of Lagos is answerable to oba of Benin ? You sure say you get sense at all?
stop the insults. It just show how immature you are. If u don't know, learn. It doesn't take much to do ur research on Benin empire. Even your Oduduwa did not come from heaven but is a direct descendant of the Ogiso of Benin. His real name is Izoduwa which was corrupted to Oduduwa. I was thought this in my Edo class even before the advent of internet in Nigeria. We Edos know our history

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife by Keraxes: 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2020
xjiggy:
stop the insults. It just show how immature you are. If u don't know, learn. It doesn't take much to do ur research on Benin empire. Even your Oduduwa did not come from heaven but is a direct descendant of the Ogiso of Benin. His real name is Izoduwa which was corrupted to Oduduwa. I was thought this in my Edo class even before the advent of internet in Nigeria. We Edos know our history
Arindin just shut up. Oba of Benin is from ife. Your first oba of Benin is grandson of oduduwa. Benin is part of yoruba land. So stop saying false story here becauee yoruba land includes your now Edo state

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
xjiggy:
They’ve obviously “thought” you nonsense.

See here: https://www.nairaland.com/6097950/ayelala-benin-worship-dont-mind/3#93787022

And here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6048841/how-unveil-promote-ancient-igbo/16#92824839

4 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife by TAO11(f): 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2020
xjiggy:
This Fani Kayode sef. E be like say e no get the previous memo. The Oba of Lagos categorically said that Lagos does not answer to the Ooni of Ife. So what does he expect from Tinubu, a Lagosian. For those who don't know, Lagos is a Benin Kingdom Vasal state and their Obas are still coronated by Emissaries from Benin till this day.
You may a need a complete brain overhaul to be able to follow this. But I’d drop it still:

https://www.nairaland.com/6016047/ewuare-oba-benin-hails-wike/23#92401448

3 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife by bizzibodi(m): 9:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
This boy(fkk) has started throwing stones again,did he himself prostrate when he met tinubu at a function last year
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife by olajohnson5(m): 10:49pm On Sep 10, 2020
The truth of the matter is Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi is JAGABAN boy.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife by ddeola: 2:20am On Sep 11, 2020
I like the fact that Ooni is not petty, he doesn't have time for such nonesense. I love him for that. kiss kiss kiss

As for Tinubu, time will tell and he will vomit all he has stolen. Ole jati-jati. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

And our uncle FFK, you lack the moral "metus" to call out someone for not greeting a leader when you yourself have FAILED, so sit down and SHUT UP ! wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife by geosegun(m): 7:32am On Sep 11, 2020
olajohnson5:
The truth of the matter is Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi is JAGABAN boy.

Wrong!

It should be the other way round irrespective of the age of the current ooni. Even Tinubu knew He represent the Oduduwa stool. For Obasanjo to go full prostration means a lot. It is not for the personality the young king but for the stool he represents.

They may have seen earlier even before the ooni walks in... It doesn't mean Tinubu did not referred or respect the ooni...also, in Yoruba culture, We dont stand before kings, unless requested, We Prostrate - as a sign of respect - for Kings and the elderly.

Standing is Foreign....but it is also good sign of respect as well.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife by Bigpat: 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2020
Ooni is very free minded & not a proud Monarch,he did well by exchanging pleasantry despite his position but I expect Tinubu to reciprocate same like from a son to a father standing up at least. Pride. With all his money, he Is never an Oba. I don't know what to say of ffk, if he can detect this mistake of others,why can't he see his own coming with his shameless reaction to the Journalist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor / Soldiers Kill Zakzaky’s Wife, Son, Destroy Shiites’ Headquarters, / Birnin Gwari Washed After El-Rufai Visited Their King (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.