Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates (6224 Views)

Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria / TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by odedele: 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2011
can't av a 'rubber stamp' GOOD LUCK as my president, lets vote wisely, VOTE BB 4 CREDIBLE LEADERSHIP
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by alphabet43(m): 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2011
Why do I feel the ill comments are motivated by tribalism and not logic. How can someone be wrong for demanding accountability from its leaders. What Fashola has done in Lagos can be done in the villages as well
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Ericology(m): 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2011
Beaf:

How does the above agbero input support your argument for Fashola? I'm at a loss! It really appears that many aren't equipped with critical thinking skills, so resort to stone throwing like bush men when their simple minded grunts are defeated.

Fashola is better off minding his business in Lagos, a state that he is scared of losing (after selling everything that moves to himself and Tinubu), hence his increasingly frantic and pathetic calls beyond his station. The man is making ACN's presidential candidate look like a fruit. lol

No wonder GEJ called them rascals, it is now becoming more obvious in their increasingly regional party with its area boy supporters.

All the smartness and brilliance in you suddenly disappear and turn to stupidity whenever GEJ's name is mentioned, u can do better than this i bet, u are intelligent
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by 9ijaMan: 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2011
Ericology:

All the smartness and brilliance in you suddenly disappear and turn to stupidity whenever GEJ's name is mentioned, u can do better than this i bet, u are intelligent

My brother there is nothing money cannot turn you into. People like Beaf will turn to monkeys for paltry sums. You should know by now that Beaf is one of the paid GEJ cronies on NL. The guy earns his living by spewing garbage about every other candidate. Johny man's rate of doling out cash in hard currencies to every Tom & Jerry will turn any seemingly intelligent person into a very dumb a*ss!

Abeg leave Beaf alone o and let him work for his pay!
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by yorubanimi: 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2011
We need all the presidential candidates to come out and defend their manifestos. we are not supposed to vote in as our president, any mediocre for any stupid reasons such as "sympathy of the minority", "tribal favoritism", "party allegiance", etc. This is the only way for us to take this country to greater heights. i want all of us to be objective and very reasonable. we want this Presidential Debate because it will help us know whom we should vote as our president. Political Campaigns aren't good enough for us to know who's fit to be our president in this country.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by evilspirit: 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2011
THE silly MAN SHOULD PAY DOCTORS!!!.OLE  I CANT BE BELIEVE THIS MAN AGREED TO TINUBU'S DEGRADING DEMANDS.JUST TO STAY IN  POWER.OLE
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by rasputinn(m): 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2011
^^^
That is one thing that should haunt him for a veeeeery looooong time.Is it out of desperation or what,more principled people would've broken out of ACN and out from under Tinubu's nostrils and tried their luck in another party,some months back he would've been able to win over so many people to his new party,however the way he is acting and talking thesedays leaves much to be desired,so many of his admirers are getting more and more disenchanted with him,if he cannot tame Tinubu,then at least he should stop making foolish statements in public that make him appear foolish
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2011
Beaf:

^
In ACN, it is Ribadu's place to do that, not Fashola's. There is decorum and there is protocol, both have been cast in the dirt by Fashola.

Who knows! It is possible Ribadu has appointed Fashola his spoke person
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by NIGboi(m): 5:49pm On Feb 26, 2011
my gosh!!! can't believe some of these posts. whats wrong with Fashola expressing hes opinions on presidential debates? @beaf, what exactly is your problem? you keep making references to akpabio and amaechi. have u ever been to akwa ibom or u just listen to the glossy adverts and documentaries sponsored by akpabio himself?
If these presidential aspirants know they are worth their onions, let them subject themselves to debates simple.
let all these folks leave fashola alone
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by AFOOooo(m): 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2011
Obiviously, these Jonathan supporters are blind supporters, less intelligent, and ill informed. Those of us who see far beyond now should fold our arms and watch till the red sea start to close up, which will not be later than JEG first 22 months in power because the clueless man will win this election.

I have met a number of them as u have; its not as if they know anything about politics, governance, and/or leadership, they are just thought pedestrians in the euphoria of one man's luck in a country of plenty misfortunes.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by rasputinn(m): 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2011
N.I.Gboi:

Tell Tinubu to leave him alone,tell the doctors to leave him alone and tell him to leave his mouth alone cheesy cheesy cheesy
Or is he trying to shift attention away from himself especially with the deep quagmire he's found himself in with the unreasonable doctors or from the tormenting fact that he had to swallow his pride and helplessly accede to Tinubu's terms before he was allowed to recontest for governor??

Hmm,questions,questions
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by hackney(m): 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2011
Anybody has the right to suggest a debate.
Even a lowly akara seller can demand for a hearing of what his potential rulers have to say.
Not sure what the fuss is.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by isalegan2: 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2011
hackney:

Anybody has the right to suggest a debate.
Even a lowly akara seller can demand for a hearing of what his potential rulers have to say.
Not sure what the fuss is.

Tell them o. Build 'em up and tear 'em down. undecided
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by otokx(m): 8:05pm On Feb 26, 2011
the debate will be stage managed.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by mirage(m): 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2011
It is sad that our so call future leaders could be condemning a man for calling for a simple debate from his yet to be leaders. Am ashamed and terrify by the kind of future leaders we are breeding. Nigeria youth need to wake up
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2011
^
Fashola simply has no respect or sense of protocol. I pity those who see him as an ordinary member of society, he isn't. He is a governor in an opposition party, not even their presidential candidate. He has been rude, loud mouthed, self centred, lacking in protocol and wisdom and made Ribadu look like an outright fool.

If Ribadu had spoken, there would be no angry responses.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by DisGuy: 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2011
rasputinn:

^^^
That is one thing that should haunt him for a veeeeery looooong time.Is it out of desperation or ,what[b]more principled people would've broken out of ACN and out from under Tinubu's nostrils and tried their luck in another party[/b],some months back he would've been able to win over so many people to his new party,however the way he is acting and talking thesedays leaves much to be desired,so many of his admirers are getting more and more disenchanted with him,if he cannot tame Tinubu,then at least he should stop making foolish statements in public that make him appear foolish

what the same way Jonathan dumped the pdp when they were shouting 'it's the northerner turn' or when turai was locking him out of meetings? list all his foolish statesments and lets compare it with jonathans
when is jonathan coming out of the room with anenih, obj, danjuma, alamaseigh*, accused ibb/dokpesi and the so called cabals?

calling for a presidential debate or a defence of policy is not foolish, avoiding questions by the public through the press or a debate is foolish and shows weakness; and he is covering up that weakness by doling out money left right and centre, pleasing old corrupt brigades in his desperation for votes
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by 9ijaMan: 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2011
mirage:

It is sad that our so call future leaders could be condemning  a man for calling for a simple debate from his yet to be leaders. Am ashamed and terrify by the kind of future leaders we are breeding. Nigeria youth need to wake up

You need not worry yourself that much. The likes of Beaf and his ilk will never be Nigeria's leaders. Most of them are simply political jobbers whose sole means of livelihood is the paltry crumbs GEJ is doling out to them for their senseless and ill-informed postings. Wait until elections are over, as soon as GEJ loses, even that lowlife Beaf will turn against him.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Shock(m): 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2011
Beaf:

^
Fashola simply has no respect or sense of protocol. I pity those who see him as an ordinary member of society, he isn't. He is a governor in an opposition party, not even their presidential candidate. He has been rude, loud mouthed, self centred, lacking in protocol and wisdom and made Ribadu look like an outright fool.

If Ribadu had spoken, there would be no angry responses.

I could bring valid examples of where Jonathan has exhibited, in a manner which beggars belief,  these criteria with which you paint Fahola!

Going by the fact presented in the article and ignoring the misleading tittle of the thread as an earlier poster suggested, It became obvious to the discerning mind  that the governor was merely presenting his opinion and did not call for a debate between himself and the President, neither has he mentioned individual names nor directed his statements to any individual character.

This charade of your's is due to a blinded ignorance stemming from an innate desire to throw in defenses for Jonathan, and in the process has refused to digest the contents of the original article.

It would be much more interesting and a bit wiser if you could highlight points that directly infer to Jonathan, if you couldn't, then you are clearly the loud mouthed one here, not fashola!
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2011
Seriously, can someone tell me what happened to Beaf ? I refuse to believe he's a political jobber.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by honeric01(m): 1:39am On Feb 27, 2011
I am calling for a debate too, i am tired of seeing all these noises from PDP and GEJ on TV, he should come and defend the rubbishes he's talking on the all the campaigns he's done so far.

Let me come and debate with other aspirants.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 1:43am On Feb 27, 2011
i think we all know the only place where gej cn be counted on to make coherent statements is his ghostwritten facebook quotes
maybe we should have a facebook debate cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 1:46am On Feb 27, 2011
9ijaMan:

You need not worry yourself that much. The likes of Beaf and his ilk will never be Nigeria's leaders. Most of them are simply political jobbers whose sole means of livelihood is the paltry crumbs GEJ is doling out to them for their senseless and ill-informed postings. Wait until elections are over, as soon as GEJ loses, even that lowlife Beaf will turn against him.  

grin grin grin
Funny stuff and as usual, a bewildering display of science defying dimness from NL's resident stone thrower and corporate neanderthal.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by fstranger3(m): 1:46am On Feb 27, 2011
Facebook debates = Speech writers debate

I dont think GEJ knows how to write.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by recoome(m): 2:09am On Feb 27, 2011
Somebody should tell that flower boy and his boss that GEJ does not have time to deal with half-bathe nit-wits, is ribadu afraid to ask himself? Anyways considering his sorry ass intonation, i could'nt care less. flower-boy shld focus on dosunmu rather than constitute nuisance, which is the trademark of A(agbero) C(coalition) of N(nonentities).
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by recoome(m): 2:09am On Feb 27, 2011
Somebody should tell that flower boy and his boss that GEJ does not have time to deal with half-bathe nit-wits, is ribadu afraid to ask himself? Anyways considering his sorry ass intonation, i could'nt care less. flower-boy shld focus on dosunmu rather than constitute nuisance, which is the trademark of A(agbero) C(coalition) of N(nonentities).
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 5:40am On Feb 27, 2011
N.I.Gboi:

my gosh!!! can't believe some of these posts. whats wrong with Fashola expressing hes opinions on presidential debates? @beaf, what exactly is your problem? you keep making references to akpabio and amaechi. have u ever been to akwa ibom or u just listen to the glossy adverts and documentaries sponsored by akpabio himself?
If these presidential aspirants know they are worth their onions, let them subject themselves to debates simple.
I am from Akwa-Ibom and I visited Nigeria(Akwa-Ibom specifically) in 2008,2009 and october 2011.I also stayed in lagos for the 2 months I stayed in Nigeria and I can authoritatively say Governor Akpabio has changed Akwa-Ibom in terms of Infrastructure than what Fashola has done for Lagos state.His development of Akwa-Ibom is not even skewed to favour the elites as the case is in lagos state.It is done in all the local Government Area of the state.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by fstranger3(m): 5:42am On Feb 27, 2011
Ozin:

I am from Akwa-Ibom and I visited Nigeria(Akwa-Ibom specifically) in 2008,2009 and october 2011.I also stayed in lagos for the 2 months I stayed in Nigeria and I can authoritatively say Governor Akpabio has changed Akwa-Ibom in terms of Infrastructure than what Fashola has done for Lagos state.His development of Akwa-Ibom is not even skewed to favour the elites as the case is in lagos state.It is done in all the local Government Area of the state.

Yeah right!

Thanks for letting us know how proud you are of your people and how contemptuous you view others.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 5:57am On Feb 27, 2011
Ozin:

Tell them! And Akpabio is not so full of himself like Fashola who is just beginning to get on everyones nerves with his daft comments. I would love to see Fashola challenge Akpabio to a debate instead of talking foolishly above his station. Lets see if he has the balls to challenge a governor thats better than him and recommended by the US as the performer and transformer among the govs to watch out for. Rubbish.

What Fashola is doing is a class act on how to self-destruct. Here is a man throwing the good name he had acquired nationally to the dogs; maybe his ambition ends with selling Lagos to himself and Tinubu anyway, so no biggies.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by trueword: 6:45am On Feb 27, 2011
no wonder this country does not move forward when people who think like @beaf are the ones in control. Some of you who are against presidential debate need to get your head examined. So the other countries in the world that have presidential debates are stupid for doing so ehh.

Presidential debates will separate the contenders from the pretenders. We will see who has really studied the situation of nigeria and has tangible plans for moving the country forward. Fashola or anyone else can call for Nigeria to begin to have Presidential debates. With the amount of corruption in the government there should be debates for local government, governorship and presidential races.

How can you be comparing the situation of Fashola to Akpabio? Akwa Ibom is an oil producing state so they are automatically on better footing financially. Akwa Ibom should be much more developed than Lagos with its smaller population but why is it not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Exposing The Fake Mubi Picture - Reno Omokri / How Jonathan Will Cruise To Victory / Edo APGA Expels Spokesman And Others Who Defected To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.