Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,121 members, 7,842,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan (6324 Views)

Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / No Foreign Jamborees, Buhari Tells Ministers: Nation / Trial Of Ibori Associates: I Own Four Properties In London, Christine Ibori Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by foyeks2001(f): 2:26pm On Mar 03, 2011
GEJ is just too desperate for my liking
mscheeww

Vote BB come April 9
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by legba1(m): 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2011
The president is lying,simple and conscise.he is tied to obasanjo and Ibb'S apron.all his cronies are thiefs and looters and yet he's telling me he doesnt own a property in abroad or operate foreign account.He should go and tell that to the marines.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by obowunmi(m): 4:13pm On Mar 03, 2011
A man has not been badly ruined until He has been badly married.

@ Foyeks, if a man is badly married the first time, he can always divorce and look for another wife. Simple. You never know the cards life is going to play you!
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by NEIGHBOUR(m): 4:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
PLS, LEAVE GEJ ALONE!! HE IS INDEED AS POOR AS CHURCH RAT EVEN AS OUR PRESIDENT. I HOPE I CAN STILL REMEMBER THAT THE WIFE OF A FORMER DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF A STATE IN THE NIGER DELTA WAS NABBED BY EFCC AT THE AIRPORT WITH MILLIONS OF FOREIGN CURRENCIES. THE STORY DIED ON ARRIVAL.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Vinazo: 5:19pm On Mar 03, 2011
Which man has the capacity to rule his fellow man?
Somebody pls tell me.
Man's effort at ruling his fellow man had failed and continued to fail from the days of king Nebuchadnezar, than to Adolf Hitler and Presently Ghadafi.
Even men with sincere hearts have failed because of those around them. There is obviously an unseen force that controls man's activity expecially in his effort to rule his fellow man. So no matter who, he/she can not eradicate poverty totally, can not remove death, not to talk of sickness that has ravaged the entire world, so why dont we look for a "super human", out of this world.
Pls tell me which human world ruler has not failed? there is no peace any where in the world, what a pity for man and all who FEEL CONCERNED. Lets take a decision collectively world over. ASK ME WHAT DECISION?
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by scatayan: 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2011
jovi:

Good talk, Gbomo Jomo, The main issue is why?, why does he not have an account?, I have an account abroad.it helps me pay my membership fees and other stuff, I have not stolen money, having an account or house abroad does not equate to stealing money esp. if your hands are clean,
This is more like childish talk, We are not children and he shd tell us more on what he would do if elected, and what did he do when people around him were stealing?, did he keep quite?, then he is part of the crime,

He is a good man, but not a leader, simple, but im sure theres a reason God has brought him to where he is now, to start with the Northerners even in their wildest dreams would never have believed a South-South person would ever rule this country, So I say, He may not have the leadership qualities, but the Bible is filled with such that God has used for a purpose,

I believe he doesn't own any foreign properties. If you be that man you no go try am. See, it simple.

Once upon a time there was a man in Bayelsa state government house. His name was Alams.

GEJ learnt hoew to do it better than Alams. In fact, why are we borrowing more money when we are making more?

Nigerians are fools. I slightly smart alek like GEJ can easily fool us with so small talk.

Shame! cry
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by cheikh: 7:57pm On Mar 03, 2011
oyb
so why are you importing dustbins that can be made in nigeria?
Two of the personal assistants are Malian and Senegalese tailors who sow the president’s clothes.

Well, the president is only acknowledging [/b]and affirming what most[b] discerning Nigerians already know that there is a dearth of 'craftsmanship' and skilled artisans in every sphere of economic activity- auto and Okada mechanics, tailors, tillers. plumbers, electricians, builders etc. Besides, there are no appropriate training institutes for such skills in Nigeria and perhaps the lack of constant electricity might be a good reason to go 'foreign'- Senegal etc. Don't discount the usual Nigerian penchant to inflate contracts and siphoning money offshore even to RP Benin, Senegal, South Africa and the Caribbean Islands. Europe and North America are no longer safe havens and secretive enough for their loots wink
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Righton: 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-71225.0.html

The assets of N295m he declared in 2007 did not include his wife's
But place N295m in perspective
Deputy Gov for 8 years. Total income of less than N40m!
University lecturer before then
Nigerians - we are being cunningly played!

http://www.naijablog.co.uk/2007/08/goodluck-reveals-his-assets.html

Niboro added: "To the Vice President, this is such a time, hence the choice to send you a copy of his declaration for publication. There is nothing to hide, as you can very well see!"

A breakdown of the assets showed that the Vice President's private buildings are worth N67, 990,000. These include a four-bedroom duplex in Kpansia, Yenagoa, valued at N15 million, a four-flat storey extension of the family house in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital, valued at N10 million and a four-flat storey building at Otuoke, Ogbia Local Council, which was bombed days before his inauguration as Vice President, valued at N18 million. There is also a five-bedroom personal residence in Gwarinpa, Abuja, worth N24.99 million.

Under the vehicles and household items, Jonathan declared a total assets of N41.8 million. They include a BMW car in Abuja valued at N15 million, generators, electronics, air conditioners, furniture, kitchen utensils and others in Kpansia, Yenagoa, Otuoke, and Gwarimpa costed at N26 million. The BMW was declared as a gift while the other items were said to be gift or procured from savings.

He also declared some vacant and undeveloped plots as worth N60.538 million. They include five undeveloped plots of land in Bayelsa State, two undeveloped plots of land in Cadastral Zone BO2 and AO6 in Abuja .

Jonathan listed N62, 072, 200 million as accruing from income yielding investments. This comprises investments in stocks managed by City-Code Trust and Investment Company Limited. He categorised them as 16 different stocks in Nigerian blue-chip companies.

The Vice President said that he has four 16-seater passengers' boats for hiring by companies and other agencies.

According to him, total cash in Nigerian banks (Bank PHB, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, UBA and others is N58.984 million. He stated that the total income includes personal savings and income from his investments, among them performing stocks and hiring of the boats.

Niboro said that the assets declared did not include those of Jonathan's wife, because "the wife of the Vice President is a public officer, being on the staff of the Bayelsa State Ministry of Education, Yenagoa."

"She could, on her own, being in service, declare her assets through laid-down procedures," he added.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Dreamchaser1(f): 11:02pm On Mar 03, 2011
My Goodluck, ofcourse he doesn't own any, he is the best and come april 9th, we would make him/us smile.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Dreamchaser1(f): 11:04pm On Mar 03, 2011
My Goodluck, ofcourse he doesn't own any, he is the best and come april 9th, we would make him/us smile.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by greatgeo(m): 7:10am On Mar 04, 2011
@ oyb do u want to say u dont have friends who are in oneway or d other involves in criminal activities u urself.for other who think a president should be an angel havent u all be doing dirty deals in ur place of work b4 u say anything do all of u really have a cleas concense or mind in all u do? 4give me if i have say something wrong cos all these are born out of greed and u all cant stand anything close 2 d truth or d truth.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by 9ijaMan: 11:30am On Mar 04, 2011
greatgeo:

@ oyb  do u want to say u dont have friends who are in oneway or d other involves in criminal activities u urself.for other who think a president should be an angel havent u all be doing dirty deals in your place of work b4 u say anything do all of u really have a cleas concense or mind in all u do? 4give me if i have say something wrong cos all these are born out of greed and u all cant stand anything close 2 d truth or d truth.
Abeg speak for yourself o! How I wish your bosses (if you happen to have a job) who know your user name on NL are reading what you've typed here.
Your post is simply the confession of an office cheat. Apparently the prayers of your brother is now being answered as criminal minds are now coming out publicly to confess their sins.
Abeg continue o! We'll like to know how well you've been able to cheat your employers.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by treo: 11:50am On Mar 05, 2011
Mr President, why not keep silent when you have nothing to say rather than this annoying words of your, do u really think this make you a good man or what?
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by trhymes(m): 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2011
anyhow, i like the man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Primaries, Akpabio Suffers Defeat / Pix Of Kaduna Refinery Just Started Working. / President Buhari's Daughter Zahra Addresses Gov. Nasir El-rufai Wedding Rumour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.