Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,433 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan (6314 Views)

Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / No Foreign Jamborees, Buhari Tells Ministers: Nation / Trial Of Ibori Associates: I Own Four Properties In London, Christine Ibori Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Beaf: 1:32am On Mar 01, 2011
[size=14pt]Why I own no foreign property – Jonathan [/size]
Written by Christian Okeke
Tuesday, 01 March 2011

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan, on Monday, stated reasons every property he has, including all his accounts, are domiciled in the country, saying that it was borne out of his belief that where a man’s treasures are there his heart also will be.

This came as he noted that he personally did not believe that one became a ‘big man’ by simply holding a public office.

Jonathan, in a comment on his Facebook page, entitled, “The core of who I am” said public office, to him, was not a means to adding value to the holder, adding that people with that type of mentality were only borrowing moral authority from the office they occupied.

He described the people who accused him of being humble to the point of servility as persons who did not understand that the whole purpose of public office was to serve.

According to the president, “public office, to me, is not a means to adding value to the holder of the office. Public office is the vehicle through which social harmony, happiness and inspirational communal existence is promoted and enhanced.”

He said the late president, Alhaji Umaru Yar’Adua, while he was alive, used to say they were servant leaders, adding that “we have not come to demand service from Nigeria but to give service.

“This is the principal reason why I opened this page to communicate with Nigerians. I am acutely aware that I do not hold this position of president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by the wishes of any power other than the freely given mandate of the Nigerian people and the grace of God.

“And that is why I communicate with you because next to the Almighty God, the Nigerian people are my power source and, just as an electrical appliance will not work when not connected to its power source, so also can I not work effectively if I am not connected with you, the good people of Nigeria.

“And while there are politicians who have substantial commitment to Nigeria and others who may have partial commitment to Nigeria, my commitment to Nigeria is total and there is evidence to back it up.

[size=14pt]“It is believed that a man’s greatest treasures are his children and immediate family and the proverb goes that where a man’s treasures are there his heart also will be. All my children, every last one of them school in Nigeria and of course my wife and I are fully on the ground. Some might describe other treasures a man has as his real estate property. And again every property I have in life is in Nigeria. Some might consider money as another treasure and again all my accounts every last one of them is domiciled in Nigeria. In everything I do I make a conscious decision to put Nigeria first whether it is in my dressing or the food I eat, or even the music I listen to. I am totally sold out on Nigeria.[/size]

. . .
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/18223-why-i-own-no-foreign-property--jonathan
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Beaf: 1:33am On Mar 01, 2011
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 01, 2011
at the moment?

no be naija.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by 1025: 1:45am On Mar 01, 2011
even a 2 months nigerian baby will not believe u mr. president. no nigerian local govt chairman can say this talkless of a president. by the way, this not what nigerians are interested in at the moment.
we want to know your relationship with pratically all the full time criminals in nigeria.
i don't think many nigerians trust you just for your romance with thieves.
uncle, tell me who ur friends are and i will tell u who you are.
is not possible that a man that close to all the criminals in the country is not a criminal.
birds of a feather, flock together.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Beaf: 1:54am On Mar 01, 2011
^
lol
Fortunately, many aren't consumed with this undue hatred; whether ethnically driven, partial knowledge driven or other bias.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:28am On Mar 01, 2011
In everything I do I make a conscious decision to put Nigeria first whether it is in my dressing or the food I eat, or even the music I listen to. I am totally sold out on Nigeria.

so why are you importing dustbins that can be made in nigeria?

42 senior special assistants, 52 special assistants and 12 personal assistants. [color=#550000]Two of the personal assistants are Malian and Senegalese tailors who sow the president’s clothes.

why are your personal tailors malian and senegalese?

>> In 2007, the then Vice President Goodluck Jonathan bowed to public opinion and released details of his assets totalling N295, 304, 420. The declaration took place before Muktar N. Dodo of the Abuja High Court on May 30. Mr Jonathan had no foreign accounts or assets.

>> The total worth of Mr Jonathan’s private residences was N67, 990,000 according to that declaration. The buildings include a four- bedroom duplex in Kpansia, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, valued at N15 million; a four-flat storey building extension of the family house in Yenagoa valued at N10 million and his seven bedroom village home at Otuoke, Ogbia Local Government Area, which was bombed days before his inauguration as Vice President, valued at N18 million and a five-bedroom personal residence in Gwarinpa, Abuja valued at N24, 990,000.

>> Under vehicles and household items, Mr Jonathan declared assets worth N41.8 million.
They include a BMW car in Abuja valued at N15 million,
generators, electronics, air conditioners, furniture, kitchen utensils and others in Kpansia, Yenagoa and Gwarimpa, Abuja valued at N26 million. The car was declared as a gift while the other items were declared to have been procured from savings.

>> Jonathan also declared vacant and undeveloped plots worth N60.538 million. They include five undeveloped plots of land in Bayelsa State, two undeveloped plots of land in Cadastral Zone BO2 and AO6 in Abuja. He disclosed also a yearly income of N62, 072, 200. These comprise investments in stocks in 16 Nigerian blue chip companies managed by City-Code Trust & Investment Company Limited. His investments also cover four 16-seater passenger boats which he hires to companies and other agencies. The Vice President’s total cash in Nigerian banks (Bank PHB, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, UBA and others) is put at N58, 984, 123. He stated that the total income includes personal savings and income from his investments including performing stocks and hiring of the boats.

why do you have a bmw car and not a made in nigeria Peugeot

All my children, every last one of them school in Nigeria

why do your children go to a school that teaches an american curriculum?

Jonathan, in a comment on his Facebook page, entitled, “The core of who I am” said public office, to him, was not a means to adding value to the holder, adding that people with that type of mentality were only borrowing moral authority from the office they occupied

why do you continue to post on facebook, a foreign medium? are there no nigerian alternatives? several of your opponents have given interviews on nigerian village square - so what stops you, 'sold out on nigeria' from doing the same?

why do you only grant interviews to foreign mediums? tose who are 'not your mate' have been interviewed by saharareporters , a nigerian medium and nvs as stated before.

also as a true nigerian, you can at least dole out your bribes in naira. the save nigeria group, it was 50,000 dollars - we heari t was 7000 dollarsea ch for the delegates. your patriotism should reflct in everything you do, bribery due and customary inclusive

btw, why is your loudest advocate based abroad?
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:35am On Mar 01, 2011
kindly forgive us if we think your fb post is pureun adulterated bs

it has been said- show me your friend and i will tell you who you are

we cannot point to any person of character among your numerous friends and supporters

by your own admission, ibb is your role model. can you tellus he has no foreign accounts/property ?

or alao akala? or obj? or bode george, the joseph of our time?
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Beaf: 2:53am On Mar 01, 2011
lol.
Strangled cat syndrome.

I am totally sold out on Nigeria

-GEJ

[size=14pt]Fresh Air 2011![/size]
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:09am On Mar 01, 2011
GEJ said:

And that is why I communicate with you because next to the Almighty God, the Nigerian people are my power source and, just as an electrical appliance will not work when not connected to its power source, so also can I not work effectively if I am not connected with you, the good people of Nigeria.

This man and his sweet tongue. smiley
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by ayo84(m): 5:01am On Mar 01, 2011
Mr beaf is living up to his pay check ,its so obvious that there is a growing consensus against pdp thieves and its larger than life fake opportunitst presido gej, but he keeps pushing and spewing trash on nairaland everyday, its really pathetic you know, what money does to people, this guy was initially kind of an activist, now he actually wants us nairalanders to eat vomit with him, tafiakwa ,God forbid.

Say no to suppression,retrogression and slavery,nigeria is changing,the movement is blowing from the progressives in the south west to all over nigeria,sai ribadu
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Becomrichn: 5:07am On Mar 01, 2011
g
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 01, 2011
Becomrichn:

Jonathan can not buy foreign property in most countries, even if he has the money because most of this countries have law that only resident can own a property.

Olodo you dont know anything
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by RichDad1(m): 6:39am On Mar 01, 2011
olas2u:

Olodo you dont know anything
ROFLMAO, That is too much ke?haba,a whole Bashorun?
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Justcash(m): 7:29am On Mar 01, 2011
Jonathan has been impressive so far.
He got the right to boast about having everything in Nigeria because it is difficult to find politicians that does not have properties, or several accounts abroad. Almost every governor have Orchard Green Bank accounts abroad. Some are even Citizens of other countries e. g. Americans, British etc.

Little wonder why my own party, APGA, and some other parties have adopted Jonathan as their candidate.

THE MAN IS TRYING. HIS LEADERSHIP IS BREAKING SERIOUS RECORDS THAT WILL BE DIFFICULT FOR OTHER POLITICIANS TO EMULATE.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Eziachi: 7:39am On Mar 01, 2011
If you don't own any property abroad Mr Goodluck, it is because you are born into a very poor/peasant fishing family that was managing life like every other family in Ijaw without any money.  It is because you are a poor teacher on a meagre salary until you won the lottery of going into the Nigerian lucrative politics.

So, why should anyone expect you to own a property in your village, worth more abroad?
Just tell us where you got the 50 thousand dollars you gave Pastor Bakare and his group for taxi money from? We had been asking this question for months without any answers.

Stop pontificating about what you don't have abroad because you don't merit or deserve to have them in the first instance, hence not a big deal or an achievement.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by karlmax2: 7:50am On Mar 01, 2011
A great man,the only president that cares for his people.the first time in our history that our people are been brought back from volatile war torn countries.eygpt now libya!!! For those of u sentimental short sighted NL members in diaspora when crisis comes during ur stay abroad u can now count on ur country like the US and other country do indeed there is signs of fresh air
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by EkoIle1: 7:51am On Mar 01, 2011
Justcash:

Jonathan has been impressive so far.
He got the right to boast about having everything in Nigeria because it is difficult to find politicians that does not have properties, or several accounts abroad. Almost every governor have Orchard Green Bank accounts abroad. Some are even Citizens of other countries e. g. Americans, British etc.

Little wonder why my own party, APGA, and some other parties have adopted Jonathan as their candidate.

THE MAN IS TRYING. HIS LEADERSHIP IS BREAKING SERIOUS RECORDS THAT WILL BE DIFFICULT FOR OTHER POLITICIANS TO EMULATE.

This is how you rate an infective and incompetent leader?

Jos is still burning and Nigerians are still dying, but this clueless man is running his mouth as if Jos is not part of Nigeria or any of his responsibility.

His part and government is corrupt and inept and this same shameless and corrupt president sent a public official paid by the Nigerian taxpayers to welcome a convicted criminal from prison.

Nigerians are indeed funny animals, I even question you people's mental capacity sometimes,
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Justcash(m): 7:54am On Mar 01, 2011
Eziachi:

If you don't own any property abroad Mr Goodluck, it is because you are born into a very poor peasant fishing family managing life like every other person without any money.  It is because you are a poor salaried teacher until won the lottery into the Nigerian politics.

So, why should anyone expect you to own a property in your village, worth more abroad?
Just tell us where you got the 50 thousand dollars you gave Pastor Bakare and his group for taxi money from? We had been asking this question for months without any answers.

Stop pontificating about what you don't have, because you don't merit or deserve to have them in the first instance, hence not a big deal or an achievement.

Having been an ex-deputy governor (To Alams) of Bayelsa state, and a governor at a point, is enough for him to have accounts in every country in the world. He is using everything that he has to score political points. That is expected. After all people like Tinubu are using his statement to score political points against him. It is politics. Look at Achike Udenwa. He was a poor Teacher too before Politics, but the man not gat accounts abroad like mad.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 01, 2011
Beaf, if Jonathan is a family member, no prob. I just hope that nose is not a dominant family trait. tongue

Eziachi:

If you don't own any property abroad Mr Goodluck, it is because you are born into a very poor peasant fishing family managing life like every other person without any money.  It is because you are a poor salaried teacher until won the lottery into the Nigerian politics.

Stop pontificating about what you don't have, because you don't merit or deserve to have them in the first instance, hence not a big deal or an achievement.

Is he still poor? How long has he been poor since he entered politics?
Has he not had the opportunity to own foreign properties?
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Justcash(m): 8:08am On Mar 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

This is how you rate an infective and incompetent leader?

Jos is still burning and Nigerians are still dying, but this clueless man is running his mouth as if Jos is not part of Nigeria or any of his responsibility.

His part and government is corrupt and inept and this same shameless and corrupt president sent a public official paid by the Nigerian taxpayers to welcome a convicted criminal from prison.

Nigerians are indeed funny animals, I even question you people's mental capacity sometimes,

[b]
when GEJ came into power, he met Jos, Niger-delta, Abia state and Boko Haram burning?

He curtailed Abia's kidnapping issue and Niger delta oil pipeline rampage within his time. He is Concretely tackling the madness in Jos and the North as we can see. What else do you expect him to do that he is not doing. Please tell me what you would do to Jos if you were in his shoes? Are you expecting him to bomb the Beroms and Hausa/Fulanis? You are definitely being insincere by saying that he is doing nothing about Jos.

Well as for welcoming Bode George from Jail, there is no where that it is written that the president welcomed BJ from Jail. PDP and their officials did. It is not GEJ's fault that they did. And he has done his part by ensuring that BJ served out his punishment in jail for stealing. What stopped him from influencing the release of the man?

GEJ is one of the best that we have ever had in Nigeria. He may not be comparable to the Obamas of this world, but he is definitely breaking records as Nigeria's leader. Who ever dreamt of having a Leader that looks up to his Countrymen?

I respect your view, but You need to stop being unnecessarily critical.[/b]
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by JomoGbomo2(m): 8:19am On Mar 01, 2011
GEJ to me has a good heart. but i find it difficult to see him as a LEADER and a president to see us through this period.

Nigeria needs more than someone that doesn't have an account abroad, it depends on why he doesn't have the account in the first place, someone that does business legitimately around the world would need to have an account abroad and could still be a leader.

GEJ is too passive and indecisive, apparently he is not proactive and charismatic. his economic policy is terrible where he only believes handing out is the way out. another 4 yrs of him will just be a waste of time, there probably might not be looting and stealing of fund but there will hardly be any plan for the future. I strongly believe decisions are being made for him by those around him, He lost me when Sepp Blatter shouted him down.

He is a nice man and that is it, Period
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 01, 2011
do paupers keep foreign accounts ? Jonathan was just a teacher who had just one or two accounts but today let our president come out to tell us he still keeps just two local accounts.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by seanet02: 8:25am On Mar 01, 2011
Justcash:

[b]
when GEJ came into power, he met Jos, Niger-delta, Abia state and Boko Haram burning?

He curtailed Abia's kidnapping issue and Niger delta oil pipeline rampage within his time. He is Concretely tackling the madness in Jos and the North as we can see. What else do you expect him to do that he is not doing. Please tell me what you would do to Jos if you were in his shoes? Are you expecting him to bomb the Beroms and Hausa/Fulanis? You definitely being insincere by saying that he is doing nothing about Jos.

Well as for welcoming Bode George from Jail, there is no where that it is written that the president welcomed BJ from Jail. PDP and their officials did. It is not GEJ's fault that they did. And he has done his part by ensuring that BJ served out his punishment in jail for stealing.

GEJ is one of the best that we have ever had in Nigeria. He may not be comparable to the Obamas of this world, but he is definitely breaking records as Nigeria's leader. Who ever dreamt to have a Leader that looks up to his own people?

I respect your view, but You need to stop being unnecessarily critical.[/b]
Where is the logic in this post of yours? Under the very watchful eyes of GEJ OGUN state house of Assembly was closed down for the past 6 months without recourse to sensibility, under the very watchful eyes of GEJ, Nigerias excess crude oil account was plundered to just $25 million dollars with no development to show for it, under GEJ Nigerias capital was bombed on our independence day despite the fact that British intelligence Agencies have alerted us 48 before the incident, after the bombing GEJ throw caution to the winds and declared that he knows the people behind the bomb blast and that they Politicians yet the guy being prosecuted for this is not a politician, GEJ cronies point accusing fingers at IBB As the man behind it, yet no arrest was effected, GEJ turns around to proclaim the same IBB as his Father and Mentor meaning GEJ values his Presidency than the lives of Nigerians who lost their lives in the bomb blast he pointed accusing fingers at his mentor. He came to the south west and labelled the leaders of the Region Rascals. Men if you don't have any other thing to say Abeg go and sleep. Your contradictions may be because of Brain overheating. So go sleep.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Justcash(m): 8:41am On Mar 01, 2011
seanet02:

Where is the logic in this post of yours? Under the very watchful eyes of GEJ OGUN state house of Assembly was closed down for the past 6 months without recourse to sensibility, under the very watchful eyes of GEJ, Nigerias excess crude oil account was plundered to just $25 million dollars with no development to show for it, under GEJ Nigerias capital was bombed on our independence day despite the fact that British intelligence Agencies have alerted us 48 before the incident, after the bombing GEJ throw caution to the winds and declared that he knows the people behind the bomb blast and that they Politicians yet the guy being prosecuted for this is not a politician, GEJ cronies point accusing fingers at IBB As the man behind it, yet no arrest was effected, GEJ turns around to proclaim the same IBB as his Father and Mentor meaning GEJ values his Presidency than the lives of Nigerians who lost their lives in the bomb blast he pointed accusing fingers at his mentor. He came to the south west and labelled the leaders of the Region Rascals. Men if you don't have any other thing to say Abeg go and sleep. Your contradictions may be because of Brain overheating. So go sleep.
[b]
And those were the only things that you noticed about GEJ's administration? I bet Fashola should be said to be anti-developmental because Doctors went on strike (Patients died), Roads that were Supposedly repaired by him crumbled right infront of you , Mushin is yet to look like VI, Criminals still rob and assassinate people in Lagos state etc?
What is the use of you judging GEJ because the SSS, Policemen and Military men that he deployed failed to do their jobs well?
What do you want him to do about Ogun, when Ogun citizens have the right to sue their government to court for that action? You think it is just easy for GEJ to enter a state and control things. He is not a dictator.
Why are you blaming him for no development, when the excess crude oil account money that you were blabbing about was taken out, shared to states, and ministries for some developments? You seem to forget that Nigeria wanted to burn because that Money was untouched, and Nigerians questioned the need of keeping the money, calling it illegal in some cases.
What sort of development do you want to see within 9 months that have not been done? You'd be senseless to be expecting Nigeria to develop within 9 months.
Did GEJ tell you that he is a Magician? Is it even not in front of you that power supply rose to 3,800 and 4,000 MW recently due to billions of naira investments in t he sector?
What else do you want him to do about Jos that he is not doing?
How does calling ACN Politicians rascals amount to calling Western region's leaders rascals?
Why OBJ with all his gra gra no arrest IBB and others, despite the overwhelming evidence that he had? You think it is just easy to arrest people without adequate evidence. It is not his duty to arrest people. He is not despotic. It is the duty of the security men to do that. And they arrested people for that bomb blast. You are definitely not satisfied because the people you want in jail were not arrested abi? GEJ will not do that for you.

You are not being fair. You would not even achieve anything in 2 years, apart from stealing money obviously, if you were given  the same chance. You think say na moi moi to develop Nigeria. You seem not to know how deep the rot in Nigeria is. [/b]
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by seanet02: 9:12am On Mar 01, 2011
Justcash:

[b]
And those were the only things that you noticed about GEJ's administration? I bet Fashola should be said to be anti-developmental because Doctors went on strike (Patients died), Roads that were Supposedly repaired by him crumbled right infront of you , Mushin is yet to look like VI, Criminals still rob and assassinate people in Lagos state etc?
What is the use of you judging GEJ because the SSS, Policemen and Military men that he deployed failed to do their jobs well?
What do you want him to do about Ogun, when Ogun citizens have the right to sue their government to court for that action? You think it is just easy for GEJ to enter a state and control things. He is not a dictator.
Why are you blaming him for no development, when the excess crude oil account money that you were blabbing about was taken out, shared to states, and ministries for some developments? You seem to forget that Nigeria wanted to burn because that Money was untouched, and Nigerians questioned the need of keeping the money, calling it illegal in some cases.
What sort of development do you want to see within 9 months that have not been done? You'd be senseless to be expecting Nigeria to develop within 9 months.
Did GEJ tell you that he is a Magician? Is it even not in front of you that power supply rose to 3,800 and 4,000 MW recently due to billions of naira investments in t he sector?
What else do you want him to do about Jos that he is not doing?
How does calling ACN Politicians rascals amount to calling Western region's leaders rascals?
Why OBJ with all his gra gra no arrest IBB and others, despite the overwhelming evidence that he had? You think it is just easy to arrest people without adequate evidence. It is not his duty to arrest people. He is not despotic. It is the duty of the security men to do that. And they arrested people for that bomb blast. You are definitely not satisfied because the people you want in jail were not arrested abi? GEJ will not do that for you.

You are not being fair. You would not even achieve anything in 2 years, apart from stealing money obviously, if you were given  the same chance. You think say na moi moi to develop Nigeria. You seem not to know how deep the rot in Nigeria is. [/b]
The OGUN state house of Assembly was closed down on the orders of GEJ. So you expect me to arrest the bomb blast culprits for GEJ? Am not paid to do that? If GEJ does know his job or is not capable, he better throw in the towel. You haven't answered my questions.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by seanet02: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2011
The OGUN state house of Assembly was closed down on the orders of GEJ. So you expect me to arrest the bomb blast culprits for GEJ? Am not paid to do that? If GEJ does know his job or is not capable, he better throw in the towel. You haven't answered my questions. The last time i checked though, Lagos state was the only State that did not witness a single successful Bank robbery in the whole Nigeria last year. By the way is it the job of Fashola to provide security? What is the Police force controlled by Fashola called cos i don't think i have ever seen one? He met this on ground he met that on ground is all you are saying, so if you met a problem on ground you are not suppose to rectify it? By the was he not part of the past government? When last did you visit Mushin? That must have been in the stone age! Mention one road that collapse in Lagos and constructed by Fashola? So we must turn Mushin to New york before you see the development going on? The last time i checked Bayelsa the home state of GEJ is the most underdeveloped state in Nigeria despite the billions acruing to it every month or you will say you don't know that Bayelsa gets more allocation than Lagos even though it does not have the workforce of OGUN state not even Lagos which has more Doctors than GEJ led federal government even though Lagos is more Populated than cairo yet the latter get more allocation than the whole Lagos state which the United Nations claim is the most populous city in Africa. Have you forgotten that Lagos is a Con-urbation if not already a Megalopolis,you think it is the 600k population of your GEJ's state we are talking about? With the huge population don't you know the effects in terms of infrastructural pressure, social service and education. Lagos state has more workers than any state in Nigeria yet pays more than the Federal government's N18,000 Lagos is paying N18750 not minding the 27.5% Teachers salary structure, the 30% for all civil servants yet it pay Doctors more than any state in Nigeria or you will dispute that even though it has more Doctors than FG with 36 states. You won't stop amusing me friend! If the Police and SS fails in their job who does appoints the Inspector general of Police and the Director of SS? I hope you won't mention Fashola again? I will call Fashola to call them to order since he was the one that appointed them!
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Eziachi: 10:02am On Mar 01, 2011
Justcash:

Having been an ex-deputy governor (To Alams) of Bayelsa state, and a governor at a point, is enough for him to have accounts in every country in the world. He is using everything that he has to score political points. That is expected. After all people like Tinubu are using his statement to score political points against him. It is politics. Look at Achike Udenwa. He was a poor Teacher too before Politics, but the man not gat accounts abroad like mad.

By Nigerian low standard, a governor was expected to have properties locally and abroad, but that is not based on merit because their salaries couldn't have afforded such a luxury.
So Jonathan should stop pontificating as if he was the son of Sir   Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu. He was a very poor fella before he entered politics.
Please don't use Udenwa to quantify Jonathan, there is no comparism there. I knew Udenwa even from his primary school days in Orlu. Udenwa was never a teacher as you quoted. In fact, he was top dog at Monier Contruction company (MCC) as far back as 1981, where Sam Mbakwe worked breifly too before he becomes a governor in 1979.

Udenwa came from a very well off family, in fact his late brother Anthony was a millionaire as far back as 1980.  He also married into one of the richest families in Orlu. Udenwa lives in mansion both in Amaifeke and Port Harcourt before the return of politics in 1999. He contested for NPP primary for Orlu federal constituency in 1983 but failed,I wonder were Jonathan was in 1983?
Having said that, this doesn't qualify Udenwa himself to have choiced properties abroad based on his personal wealth as a governor. I am only trying to stop you comapring the two men because their lives before the return of politics, couldn't have been more different in term of personal  wealth and social backgrounds.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Johndoe100(m): 10:18am On Mar 01, 2011
Why is it that it is the Internet Nigerians that are the loudest voices in opposition to GEJ?

Could it be that they hate this country and are trying to encourage it's downfall?

You will not succeed.

[size=36pt]FRESH AIR  2011[/size]
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by blacksta(m): 10:32am On Mar 01, 2011
What is the difference btw a thief who stashes this stolen loot in a Nigerian bank account and one who ships abroad ?
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Ibime(m): 10:44am On Mar 01, 2011
Eziachi:

Udenwa came from a very well off family, in fact his late brother Anthony was a millionaire as far back as 1980.  He also married into one of the richest families in Orlu. Udenwa lives in mansion both in Amaifeke and Port Harcourt before the return of politics in 1999. He contested for NPP primary for Orlu federal constituency in 1983 but failed,I wonder were Jonathan was in 1983?
Having said that, this doesn't qualify Udenwa himself to have choiced properties abroad based on his personal wealth as a governor. I am only trying to stop you comapring the two men because their lives before the return of politics, couldn't have been more different in term of personal  wealth and social backgrounds.

Udenwa was working at OCC construction company in Port Harcourt, driving a modest 504, and definitely did not have the riches you described here. Maybe his brother did. He bought his house in UK only after becoming Governor.

As for Goodthief Jonathan's statement about owning nothing abroad, all I have to say is NIGGA PLEASE!!!
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by Vigilante: 10:50am On Mar 01, 2011
What point is he drving home?  No child schooling abroad and now no property abroad and he is surrounded by questionable characters who have children and properties abroad.
Re: Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan by mogentle(m): 11:40am On Mar 01, 2011
Actualy, i dont think GEJ needs to be saying all these,
It looks childish to read or hear.
Even if I may ask, what has GEJ done to those in his government with properties abroad.
Are they not the set of people heading his campaign? Can he prosecute them?
Silence can be more honourable sometimes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mark Seeks Divine Intervention To End Boko Haram, Political Crisis / Ugwuanyi At 58: Celebrating The Passion, Achievements Of A Peaceful Leader / Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.