Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,733 members, 7,851,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit (2108 Views)

Help! A Man Is Threatening To Release My Nudes, I'm Depressed! / I'm 29 But Look 13, I'm Depressed, The Disrespect Is Too Much! Please Help Me / My Love Life Is Cursed (i'm Depressed But Happy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 28, 2020
I've been a reader here for over 10 years, read many threads where people shared their life stories and seen some replys that I think would have been helpful to the op.
I want to share mine as I have no one else to share it with.

February 2019 I became a single dad of two. No She didn't leave me she died. I lost her to cancer she was too young to die. Before she left us we had drained almost all of our savings on treatments and bills. Lost my then job in same February. I had been too distant in the past few months and not been productive at work. So they had to let me go. A few months later, I was able to get another job. Things were looking good. I invested any leftover money I had after sorting bills and necessities into rearing pigs. I also borrowed some money to invest in the farm. Things were going on fine. Then came the pandemic. After the first month of lockdown I received half salary and before the next month every staff was told to find something else to do because the company couldn't afford to pay salaries without work being done. I wasn't really bugged because I had my pigs and I was going to cash out soon. In a few weeks they will give birth. I would sell some and use the proceeds to start something that would earn money.
Well at the end of the few weeks I didn't cashout. I lost all my animals, the adults plus the new borns. Yes everything. Swine flu came and took them all. I knew there was flu around but I thought I was ok. I took all precautions and my farm was even isolated.

4 Likes

Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 28, 2020
I'm not the kind of person that easily gets depressed but this was too much of a loss for me. No job, business had failed. I had no savings and no income. I didn't want to stay that way for long. I have kids to feed. Though they started staying with my grand parents after we lost their mother. I make sure to provide them at least the necessities and also supported my grand parents. There was no time to be down.
I went around and was able to raise a N120,000. I started a mobile pos business. Things started getting better again. We had something to eat. I hung around markets with my umbrella and banner during lockdown free days. I wasn't where I wanted but I had an income. I am going to make it out of this

4 Likes

Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 28, 2020
...Last month suddenly I couldn't make transfers anymore from the bank account I used for my pos business. I called customer care and was told to visit my bank. That it would be rectified. My bank branch close to where I stayed wasn't open during this period, so I had to travel to a nearby town to lay my complaints....

2 Likes

Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by padi94(m): 9:00am On Sep 28, 2020
**grabs chair**

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 28, 2020
To cut my story short. I was handed over to the police. I was told there was a court order on my account, that I received funds from criminals, that someone sent me money from an account through a phone that was stolen at gun point and that the court order was from the north. They were to hold me until police from Kano came to pick me. I spent almost two weeks before Kano came. And another 2 weeks in Kano. Im free now but I'm broken, depressed I have nothing , I think of all sorts things now. The little I had left I used in getting my self out.
I'm like a shadow of my former self. Schools resumed last week. My kids will resume next week. I will sell my phone weekend so I can get supplies for them. I need the phone now to keep on applying for jobs.
I know things will get better, I pray I have the strength to live till then.

3 Likes

Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by dorin27(f): 9:04am On Sep 28, 2020
Hmm...

It is well
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by sunvillequeen(f): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2020
Sorry about your wife. I pray things get better for you. Keep strong. Can't help as I am also jobless and searching for one.
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 28, 2020
sunvillequeen:
Sorry about your wife. I pray things get better for you. Keep strong. Can't help as I am also jobless and searching for one.

Your kind words is enough help. Thanks. God will guide you in your search.
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 28, 2020
°°°
When I think my story is worse than everyone's own..
It will surely get better.

5 Likes

Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by samso247(m): 9:12am On Sep 28, 2020
Hmm... It is well, learn to trust in God, always asks for His will to be done in your life... He is too faithful to fail... Fight the good fight of faith
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Iamdmentor1(m): 9:12am On Sep 28, 2020
Psalm 34:19 - Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

It’s always darkest before the dawn.

You will rise again in Jesus Name Amen
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:14am On Sep 28, 2020
Reading......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 28, 2020
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by gbowoade85142: 9:34am On Sep 28, 2020
hymn 34:19 - myriad are the maladies of the justice: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.It’s always darkest before the nightfall. You will rise again in Jesus Name Amen
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 28, 2020
Nenyezz:
When I think I am going through worse..I pray I stay strong to testify one day...Op just stay strong, God will do it.
Amen
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by acidpos6: 9:38am On Sep 28, 2020
I have started mobile point of sale systems business. Through an effective point of sale (POS) system can greatly assist in making sure that your functions are working well.
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Misterdhee1(m): 9:42am On Sep 28, 2020
Sorry bro, I feel your pain and sorrow.. And I hope things get better with you sooner.. Remain strong for your children - they need you now more than ever. May Almighty God be with you.
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by gigante: 10:10am On Sep 28, 2020
Good morning Sir, i can't claim to know what you feel or how you feel it, but i can authoritatively tell you that this shall not last.

Sorry for your loss, may her soul rest in peace.

Keep on keeping on, for your kids, for your family. Hang in there.

This year remains 3 months, but before the end of those 3 months, you will return here for your testimony.

I'm just a young person and i don't have anything to give, but i will dedicate every prayer to you and your family, it's a promise.

Stay strong and stand tall. We all love you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by prince2pac(m): 10:20am On Sep 28, 2020
It's only for the time being... we will conquer and prevail

Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by legendEMT(m): 10:28am On Sep 28, 2020
I pray for better days for you, God will surely see you through this. life's been difficult for most Nigerians but we ain't giving up because giving up is not part of the option
stay alive bro,
keep striving,
joy comes in the Morning and it will soon be morning for you.
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Originalsly: 10:46am On Sep 28, 2020
Hmmm.... and after having only two eggs with sausage and one serving of cereals for breakfast I thought life was no longer worth living....especially when my savings yesterday dipped to below N3 M. What am I going to have for breakfast tomorrow?... bread and butter and cheese?... God forbid.

@ Op... you have what it takes to rebuild a decent life for you and your kids... but like many advised before.... faith needs to be the foundation. With faith comes hope.... the hope you have lost and pushed you to share what you're going through. I do salute you for making the welfare of your kids your priority... kicking pride aside to do whatever you can legally to earn... to earn... to earn a living. In this COVID-19 times it is sooo much more difficult to earn a living .... as an employee... or self employed... money is simply not circulating as much as before. So the question... what can you do with very limited finance to put food on the table .... overnight? Let's go private.
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 28, 2020
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... and after having only two eggs with sausage and one serving of cereals for breakfast I thought life was no longer worth living....especially when my savings yesterday dipped to below N3 M. What am I going to have for breakfast tomorrow?... bread and butter and cheese?... God forbid.

@ Op... you have what it takes to rebuild a decent life for you and your kids... but like many advised before.... faith needs to be the foundation. With faith comes hope.... the hope you have lost and pushed you to share what you're going through. I do salute you for making the welfare of your kids your priority... kicking pride aside to do whatever you can legally to earn... to earn... to earn a living. In this COVID-19 times it is sooo much more difficult to earn a living .... as an employee... or self employed... money is simply not circulating as much as before. So the question... what can you do with very limited finance to put food on the table .... overnight? Let's go private.

Thank you for your concern. I have responded to the mail you sent.

1 Like

Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 28, 2020
legendEMT:
I pray for better days for you, God will surely see you through this. life's been difficult for most Nigerians but we ain't giving up because giving up is not part of the option
stay alive bro,
keep striving,
joy comes in the Morning and it will soon be morning for you.

Amen
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 28, 2020
gigante:
Good morning Sir, i can't claim to know what you feel or how you feel it, but i can authoritatively tell you that this shall not last.

Sorry for your loss, may her soul rest in peace.

Keep on keeping on, for your kids, for your family. Hang in there.

This year remains 3 months, but before the end of those 3 months, you will return here for your testimony.

I'm just a young person and i don't have anything to give, but i will dedicate every prayer to you and your family, it's a promise.

Stay strong and stand tall. We all love you.

Amen and thank you

1 Like

Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by bobokeshington: 11:05am On Sep 28, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by DontBullshitMe: 11:58am On Sep 28, 2020
Since you didn't conclude your post with your account number, it is likely that your story is genuine.
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Liposure: 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
The lord will see you through
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by shugasofttouch: 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2020
Trendnomore:
To cut my story short. I was handed over to the police. I was told there was a court order on my account, that I received funds from criminals, that someone sent me money from an account through a phone that was stolen at gun point and that the court order was from the north. They were to hold me until police from Kano came to pick me. I spent almost two weeks before Kano came. And another 2 weeks in Kano. Im free now but I'm broken, depressed I have nothing , I think of all sorts things now. The little I had left I used in getting my self out.
I'm like a shadow of my former self. Schools resumed last week. My kids will resume next week. I will sell my phone weekend so I can get supplies for them. I need the phone now to keep on applying for jobs.
I know things will get better, I pray I have the strength to live till then.

Are based in or close to Lagos?
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by jesmond3945: 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2020
Op don't give up. Is only the dead that gives up. Remember your children. Don't choose depression by dwelling on the bad things rather choose to be positive by dwelling on what God has done for you
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2020
shugasofttouch:
Are based in or close to Lagos?

I'm based in ogun state
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
jesmond3945:
Op don't give up. Is only the dead that gives up. Remember your children. Don't choose depression by dwelling on the bad things rather choose to be positive by dwelling on what God has done for you

I'm trying my best to focus on the positive. Thank you for your concern
Re: My Story. ( I'm Depressed). But I will not quit by shugasofttouch: 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
Trendnomore:

I'm based in ogun state
it's close to Lagos right?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Experience With Hatred After A Break Up / Please advise / Checkout What Man With 151 Children And 16 Wives Reveals (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.