Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? (29292 Views)

What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / Sacked Pregnant Access Bank Cashier Collapses In Lagos After Receiving Letter / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Farki: 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
Pimpstar:
It's better to say THANK YOU and not mean it, than not say it but mean it.

wetin i dey talk sef

angry

Have you received your salary?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Redstone(m): 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
Be grateful for all this given and worked for. A thank you will not hurt you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Sagay212: 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
When you work at glo and then pay you salary, you go enter uber go banana island go tell adenuga thank you.

Nonsense. Maybe na two by two shop you dey work wey dem dey pay you your salary with cash for hand.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by ruthmadaki90: 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
No be charity him do me. I worked for the money. Make matter end there.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Annychibest(f): 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
Mypeople2:
You be better babe .Wait are you still single ?

Lol.. Very much single

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
[quote author=dosage150 post=94416384]Is it really necessary to thank your boss after paying (salary) you for job you did?[/quote. With The high numbers of in Nigeria, you can atleast thank him for keeping you employed. Thank him for giving you The job insteed of his someone from his church or village like most people do

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by mozona(m): 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
why!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by OhiOfIhima: 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
All this shit always happen in one man business, like in my case.. I do say thank to my boss whenever I received my peanut called salary though, sometimes when my Oga gave me an assignment to do especially if she was not in d office after finished d job, then I will call her n she do appreciate vr well by saying thank you Ohi, which I think is not bad if I did say.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by michoim(m): 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
You are a village/local man for thinking of such...

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nifemy4(m): 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nigerian system of employer and employee , extreme rate of poverty in the country , unemployment has made workers in this country lose thier sense of reasoning and now see themselves as lowly living beggars smh . Why you should think saying thank you for own right says a lot about how much of a coward you have become over time

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Depopular(m): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
It is necessary, but not compulsory

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
TheManofTomorrow:
A curt thank you wouldn't mean any harm.

In rule 1 law of power;
Never outshine your master; Always make those above you feel comfortably superior.

you'll know how to deceive women grin grin

I hail u, bro.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by badonkadonk: 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
Is it really necessary to thank your boss after paying (salary) you for job you did?

Don't try it.. He is paying you for your service and not as a favor

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Jones4190(m): 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
i just the imagine Dangote staff, some of us don't even know the owner of our company

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by teemy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
I say a good morning to the bike man when getting in his bike and a thank you when I alight. Basic courtesy doesn't need to feel forced.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by duro4chang(m): 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

we only do that for tips.. not salary ogbeni
People do it for both. I am a living witness. Some of them if you greet without putting ma/sir that day will be tough for you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by obowunmi(m): 12:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
Is it really necessary to thank your boss after paying (salary) you for job you did?

Thank him for ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Flier: 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
crestedaguiyi:
very dumb.

its not a gift but a wage.

Africans thank and praise their politicians for doing their job thats why they are seeing it like they are doing their people a favour.

the moment you start thanking your boss for performing his role which include paying your salary then expect him to start seeing it like he is doing you a favour.

something you can sue him to court for not doing.
As a normal human being you should be able to say thank you when you get your salary otherwise you don’t deserve the job,giving you a job is a privilege! There are thousands on the queue who can do the job with less than what you are being paid beside you won’t kill him he if doesn’t pay you

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by sammysmiles(m): 12:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
It depends on the nature of the boss Sha...You can't generalize whether you are to say thank you or not...

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by crestedaguiyi: 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
Flier:
As a normal human being you should be able to say thank you when you get your salary otherwise you don’t deserve the job,giving you a job is a privilege! There are thousands on the queue who can do the job with less than what you are being paid beside you won’t kill him he if doesn’t pay you

thats the mentality of a beggarly person. Professionals are not beggarly .

they show appreciation for the job by doing it well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by MarthaGlobal: 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
Please don't. Its not a dash. It's money your boss uses to buy your time and expertise.. Rather you can say: It's nice working with you Sir... Period.
dosage150:

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
duro4chang:
People do it for both. I am a living witness. Some of them if you greet without putting ma/sir that day will be tough for you.

well, that's true. everything depends on people.
. salaries are paid into accounts not by hand.. so thank you ma or sir can't be said on credit alert

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by focus7: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
Does he thank you at the close of every day for doing your job?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by tunary(m): 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2020
duro4chang:
In private school you must say thank you sir/ma after collecting your salary.
MUST? is it a free salary?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by adeniyi997: 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
duro4chang:

I am talking from experience. One man business especially private school job is more or less like slavery.

Then the wife of the owner becomes mummy.
Chai sufferness

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
Mypeople2:
See, some of us do it because of the training we had when we were young.Nobody is compelling you to do it .For example, when you buy something from someone and the person gives you the item, you find yourself saying thank you .When you alight from a bus or keke, you find yourself telling the driver thank you when paying for the fare .Do you know some persons still say thank you when they ask for something and the person refused to give to them ?
So it is upbringing and not by compulsion

The example you cited is off cos that's an entirely different context of courtesy. Nobody gets employed out of courtesy or pity. So you receive alert now and proceed to meet your boss to thank him/her? Absurd. Don't even try it in a standard corporate organisation.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by stevonics: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2020
Elsueno:
what's D big deal, I even say thank you to sellers when I buy stuff from them.

Makes them happy, takes nothing from me

E.g At an ATM

Angry Nigerian: BROS! U OBVIOUSLY ARE BEHIND ME, DONT CUT LINE.

Me: Sorry bros, e no reach dat level, you can withdraw before me cheesy

At Mama put, after finshed eating

Mama: Your money Na #500!!

Me: Thanks for the food, it was delicious, and then I pay

Mama: smiles happily, you are welcome my son( D first time I met D woman Sha)
you are well trained and emotionally intelligent do not mind the children of these days. pls how old are you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by MusiciansHubNG(m): 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:

Alright, but the salary is through bank, should I have to call him and thank him or thank him whenever he visits, I feel uncomfortable saying "thank you", he is not doing me a Favour

You'll still acknowledge that you received it either by text or call. Thank you would not still remove anything from you. Sometimes, it opens more doors of opportunities. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by 77up(m): 1:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
SegFault:

Trash, you give your labour and you receive money for it in return, how the fck is that a favour.
You keep quoting every monikers that opposed your view grin but saying thank you reduced nothing from you now.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by bhorazzi(m): 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
I Dont think that is necessary? coz u work for the salary

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by uuzba(m): 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
Why are you asking us?
Carry your salary and go.
The day he refuse to pay, quit from working there immediately and sue him.
You are a worker and not s slave.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by uuzba(m): 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
chatinent:
I know I worked for it but a thank you means no harm.
And slowly, you have sold yourself to slavery.
You did a business deal with the boss .
I work for you, you pay me.
You don't pay me, I don't work for you.
Write is out, underline it, bold it
I'm not your slave or your son. I'm your worker as long as you pay for my work.
-
Nigerian youth so much fear losing their job and end up turning into slaves.
As you start that work, immediately start setting up your own private business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? / 8 ICT Skills In Nigeria And Their Learning Tools / Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.