Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,906 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? (29316 Views)

What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / Sacked Pregnant Access Bank Cashier Collapses In Lagos After Receiving Letter / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by aljharem(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2020
No

Outright No unless you don't know what you are doing

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by jospepper(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2020
Problem of small organisations, if you work for Dangote for eg, where will you see him to thank him for paying you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Realdeals(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2020
It's african belief of gratitude.
The same that says you should respect elders, even when your right is being trampled on.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Zoey95: 10:40am On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
Is it really necessary to thank your boss after paying (salary) you for job you did?

Thank you is just a complimentary statement. it's doesn't necessarily mean. as u wish.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Elsueno: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2020
what's D big deal, I even say thank you to sellers when I buy stuff from them.

Makes them happy, takes nothing from me

E.g At an ATM

Angry Nigerian: BROS! U OBVIOUSLY ARE BEHIND ME, DONT CUT LINE.

Me: Sorry bros, e no reach dat level, you can withdraw before me cheesy

At Mama put, after finshed eating

Mama: Your money Na #500!!

Me: Thanks for the food, it was delicious, and then I pay

Mama: smiles happily, you are welcome my son( D first time I met D woman Sha)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by bukatyne(f): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
Is it really necessary to thank your boss after paying (salary) you for job you did?

This conversation sounds like a small company or a one man business.

I don't know about the necessity however, I sent thank you/appreciation mails to my CEO when our salaries did not change due the first recession under Baba Buhari and this pandemic.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by OBku4(m): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2020
It is supposed to be a win win relationship. So yes, both should say thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by InvertedHammer: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2020
/
The bottomline: If you cannot withstand it, go and start your own business. It is a free world.

/

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Kendumazy(m): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
Thanks for the responses so far
I got my first ever salary last month (newly employed as the manager)

Others were paid by the cashier, my MD transferred mine via bank

Though he added 3k

Next day he visited, he asked if I received my salary, I answered yes

And thanked him

Just worried if he will term it that am ungrateful

Thanking him is okay. You thanked him for the extra 3k which is good.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Sniper4real(m): 10:42am On Sep 29, 2020
Gbas gbos. Why saying thank you when you're paid for what u did

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by frankmoney(m): 10:42am On Sep 29, 2020
For what ?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by ekaette1621: 10:42am On Sep 29, 2020
thank him for what?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by ayojohn4real: 10:42am On Sep 29, 2020
Very right if you do, it shows you appreciate your Boss.

Not compulsory though, cause your salary is your right too

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by sylve11: 10:44am On Sep 29, 2020
doggedfighter:
We're sentimental about a lot of things.

This is why employers especially one man business owners always expect employees to bow down and worship after receiving their hard earned salary sometimes even after delayed payment.

Worse is when others are thanking and you don't, you will become an enemy to the boss. cheesy

you correct.......... cool

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Mowsid(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2020
nengibo:

he added extra 3k , that's worth giving thanks, it's really no biggie, it doesn't remove anything 4rm your body

send the 3k to my account since its no big deal

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Evangdanyno2017(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2020
is not necessary, the salary is what you work for.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by SenecaTheYonger: 10:44am On Sep 29, 2020
Weird. My boss thanks me for my hard work (even though I’m mostly watching anime during work) after payments for the months. But she’s white so they just different

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Jessepaid(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
I once worked in a company.... As soon as I received my alert I went to thank my boss...he said I should thank God and not him...I instantly hated him
My friends who know me well know that if I ever thank you, don't say thank God... Its like telling me that it's because of God you helped me and not the other way round ....I also noticed that people always saying thank God not me...always say it unsmiling and frowning like they were forced to help you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nelly4you: 10:44am On Sep 29, 2020
I like thanking people even if they patronise me or not

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Royalfurnitures: 10:45am On Sep 29, 2020
Saying thank you is just part of courtesy, it doesn't mean anything. One can even say thank you to his/her employee for a job well done,

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by bangging(m): 10:45am On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
is it easy to create a job?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by adenigga(m): 10:46am On Sep 29, 2020
WoundedLamb:
You must be talking about a petty business where cash is handed over to the employee by the business owner at the end of a period. If that's the case, saying 'thanks' is only polite and not necessarily appreciation. Even if the it's the secretary that gives me the cash, I'd still say 'thanks'.

However, salary payment does not always involve the employer and the employee physically coming together to even necessitate any form of conversation. The common thing is that everyone gets alert on a particular day of the month and life goes on.

Your submission can work in a structured organization, no matter how small.

But where you receive your pay by cash, you might end up saying ''I'm sorry'' instead of ''thank you'' by the time salary is delayed.
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by ikorodureporta: 10:46am On Sep 29, 2020
That na when payment na by hand instead of alert

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Minjim: 10:46am On Sep 29, 2020
Pimpstar:
It's better to say THANK YOU and not mean it, than not say it but mean it.

wetin i dey talk sef

angry

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by GreyLaw(m): 10:47am On Sep 29, 2020
Olarewaju89:
When my former boss give me salary she will always be expecting me to say " thank you ma for the salary" grin some women self....

And she has never add anything to the salary even when i say a million thanks grin

My dear just say it from your heart to fulfill all righteousness. grin

Female bosses in a one-man private firm are usually the worst thing to happen to a human being.

No need to say too much.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 29, 2020
For me it doesn't cost you a byte to say thank you..

48 laws of power

Click below to see how you can make free cash!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by wellmax(m): 10:47am On Sep 29, 2020
That's what happens when you work in a much room company.

Imagine Chika going to thank Jim Ovia or Bayo going to thank Dangote

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by bluefilm: 10:47am On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:

Yes na.

You think it's easy to pay someone?

Do you know how many excuses the boss could have come up with just to SUSPEND/DELAY paying you the salary?

A little gratitude will go a long way in showing that you appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by OgbanjeProphet: 10:47am On Sep 29, 2020
If I had a boss, I would thank him whenever he pays me.

I also thank my employees whenever I pay them.

Yes! I mean it.

It's my choice.

If you don't say thanks to your boss after receiving your pay, you commit no o crime. It's your choice too.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Bmaster(m): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2020
Xixtie:
I don't know who needs to see this but you really need to stop watching p0rn.
undecided undecided
wetin ?
We dey talk of one thing,and here you came with many things now. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by badman007(m): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2020
It’s polite to say thanks,
takes nothing away from you.
Don’t be an idiot
Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by AerialMapper: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2020
Absolutely not!

He should thank you for your time and effort because the salary an employer pays can never be enough

I recall some years back when i and 5 other consultants received our paycheck. One came and said we should contribute to buy a watch for the boss. I basically told him if he want to lick the guys ass...he should feel free to do it alone!! I am not contributing for any bullsh*t

More recently, a driver came to tell me thank you when he got paid, i told him not to do it again!

Any boss who demands or expect thanks is an egotistical bastard!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University / Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked / What Can One Do With N42k Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.