Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,464 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! (1042 Views)

Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ / I’ll Expose Failures Of Ex-heads Of State – Jonathan / I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by wales(m): 6:22am On Mar 02, 2011
A former Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, has said she will expose all the details of the financial benefits of senators if she becomes one of them.

Akunyili stated this on Tuesday at Oba, Idemili South Local Government when she visited the Eze Okpoko Oba, Igwe Peter Ezenwa.

Akunyili is the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance for Anambra Central Senatorial election in April.

“There are too many things that are too much in secrecy, which I will open up.

“People are concerned about how much constituency allowance is. I will tell you how much it is.

“I will announce how much I earn as a senator. I will tell you how much I will take for myself and how much I will commit to my constituents,” Akunyili declared.

She also made APGA’s House of Representatives and House of Assembly candidates from the zone promise to publish what they will earn as legislators, other wise, she would expose them.

The former minister threatened to resign if within one year of her stay in the Senate, her people were not happy with her representation.

She said, “If I spend one year in the Senate and people are not happy that they sent me, I will resign,” she declared.

Igwe Ezenwa, who offered his blessings to Akunyili, praised the former minister for the great job she did as the director general of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control and Information Minister.

He said the senatorial candidate’s goodwill has gone ahead of her to win votes for her.

Akunyili, who also visited Awka Etiti and Nkpor, urged the people to come out to vote and resist people that will attempt to rig.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110302293042
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by slap1(m): 8:29am On Mar 02, 2011
Say what you will do for your people and shut up, don't talk your votes away with potentially dangerous promises.
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Kobojunkie: 8:31am On Mar 02, 2011
This woman no dey quit. How she come reason say we no no? This na the same former information minister that helped to keep vital information from the nigerian populace . . . now she dey tell wetin again??
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Jeel: 8:38am On Mar 02, 2011
Lets support her she can do it
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by hassymo5(m): 8:59am On Mar 02, 2011
Akunyili not just the senate but also members house of Rep!!!!!!!!!
Jeel:

Lets support her she can do it

yes i greed with you!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by rebranded(m): 10:45am On Mar 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

This woman no dey quit. How she come reason say we no no? This na the same former information minister that helped to keep vital information from the nigerian populace . . . now she dey tell wetin again??

true dat kobo!

wonders shall never cease with our 'politicians' it is cos we dont keep records, and our media seems never to remember the past

i wish her well, but i dont trust her
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by oderemo(m): 10:50am On Mar 02, 2011
she berra get there first. ala AWOLOWO grin grin cheesy
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by otokx(m): 11:13am On Mar 02, 2011
What is wrong with this woman?
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 02, 2011
All hail the Pride of APGA!!
So what has she done since she switched again? Apart from her attention seeking scandalous threat at the mighty( grin) SW and this lil exposition, na wetin? What is her position in politics sef? I have said it, she needs to focus her vision, those crossed eyes of hers no dey help at all.

Iyalode #1 of the APGA chapter!
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 02, 2011
BTW, why didnt she expose when she was a senator and earning the same "scandalous" senatorial allowance?

Public secrecy (knowing what not to know). As if Nigerians already didnt know, I mean, how could these motha effers afford to buy foreign properties?
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by medjai(m): 11:31am On Mar 02, 2011
^^ was she or has she ever been a senator?

@op: There's really nothing to expose. We sabi every
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 02, 2011
medjai:

^^ was she or has she ever been a senator?

@op: There's really nothing to expose. We sabi every
For you not to have noticed, then she was not doing her job o

“I will announce how much I earn as a senator. I will tell you how much I will take for myself and how much I will commit to my constituents,” Akunyili declared.
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 02, 2011
i beg every anambra person on NL to educate their people about this deceptive woman.
anambra people should pls not elect this woman as she'll immediately become their megaphone once she gets there.
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by andresia(m): 11:51am On Mar 02, 2011
Abegi make we hear word you this power coveting Jezebel! Sanusi Lamido don tell us everything about those thieves finish, so no carry that your hypocritic rhetorics embarrass our ears for us. If you wan campaign, outline your vision for your constituency and stop promising dramatics. We remember your antics as a PDP minister, we remember you shed tears in the senate chamber, instead of defending yourself, when that aboki senator exposed your culinary skill in Turai's kitchen (Sanusi looked them in the eyes and told them off), we remember you begged Adedibu so you can be made a minister, we remembered you jumped ship when it became clear your previous benefactor will not survive, we remember all your circus shows and we don't want em anymore. Go get a alife if you have no vision!
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by medjai(m): 12:15pm On Mar 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

For you not to have noticed, then she was not doing her job o

No, she was never a senator. That statement you quoted is a futuristic one, a projective statement. It's people like her that we need at our legislative chambers - active, proactive, radical, transparent, and desirous of change.

careytommy:

i beg every anambra person on NL to educate their people about this deceptive woman.
anambra people should pls not elect this woman as she'll immediately become their megaphone once she gets there.
Deceptive? Is 'deceptive' a new synonym for distinguished? Akunyili is a model citizen. How soon we forget her deeds as DG NAFDAC.
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2011
useless woman! political akwuna!
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Muza(m): 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2011
Last time i checked,she didn't expose ministers jumbo pay

Political chameleon
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Mar 02, 2011
medjai:

No, she was never a senator. That statement you quoted is a futuristic one, a projective statement. It's people like her that we need at our legislative chambers - active, proactive, radical, transparent, and desirous of change.
Deceptive? Is 'deceptive' a new synonym for distinguished? Akunyili is a model citizen. How soon we forget her deeds as DG NAFDAC.

and we wonder how foreigners marvel as what passes as acceptable culture in Nigeria.
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2011
medjai:

So its safe to assume that she was jealous because her own big allowance wasnt as big as a senators?
While she was playing the minister, she dey vex at "big things poppin'" senators right?
She just needs to shut up, she had many opportunities. . . .
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 02, 2011
As a minister for information you couldn't achieve the feat . . . how will do do that when you become one of them undecided
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Felibaby(f): 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2011
What is wrong with this country?

People in government are just being recycled. Why not give young and upcoming people a chance?

Greediness is an epidemic in Nigeria.

From NAFDAC boss - INFORMATION MINISTER - now she wants to be a SENATOR.

Can it ever be the turn of a common man in this country?

I wonder
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by medjai(m): 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

So its safe to assume that she was jealous because her own big allowance wasnt as big as a senators?
While she was playing the minister, she dey vex at "big things poppin'" senators right?
She just needs to shut up, she had many opportunities. . . .
Haba! Prof. Dora is an amazon, a political diva. It seems you've been paying too much attention to cheap advertorials by her detractors. The truth is that her record speaks for itself.

Ujujoan:

As a minister for information you couldn't achieve the feat . . . how will do do that when you become one of them undecided
As minister of information, does she have any business with senators' pay?
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by Chyz2: 5:49pm On Mar 02, 2011
Alll hail Aunty Dora! Can't wait till she joins the senate. smiley
Re: I’ll Expose Senators’ Jumbo Pay – Akunyili ! by DisGuy: 1:29am On Apr 26, 2011
yea by hook or by crook - the same woman that signed a budget without reading it

This woman will kill them with talk and those eyes that look like they're about to pop

She's a snitch she will be good for the senate, she likes attention so she'll do a lot of talking and grandstanding

(1) (Reply)

Obama, Who The Hell Do You Think You Are - Louis Farrakhan / Child Murder Of A Boy In Uk Ten Years Ago; Traced To Nigeria For Ritual / Jonathan Will Win In All The Six Geo-political Zones Tomorrow,note It Down!.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.