Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,156 members, 7,845,810 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels (10351 Views)

Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) / Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times / Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by bookface: 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2011
Speak up against PDP. We must join our voices together, Naija o ni baje o!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/1-million-Nigerians-against-PDP-Peoples-Democratic-Party/192029764165077
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by honeric01(m): 10:17pm On Mar 02, 2011
Fashola finished the debate in a grandstyle, floored his opponents, but i would like to know:

How much does a house cost in Lagos? i mean the low cost buildings that were newly built, i was hearing Dosunmu saying the least cost 40-50milla (the Gbagada ones)

How true is this?

I thought the minister of housing in Lagos said they start from 5milla for a 2 room bungalow?
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
The funny thing about this debate is that all the oppositions did not ask themselves any question BUT instead directed all their questions to Fashola

HE WAS COMPOSED AND I LOVE THAT

GOOD MAN
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by SkyBlue1: 10:51pm On Mar 02, 2011
@ Eko Ile said

You are for Dosumu and it's OK, this is not a fight and don't let it turn into one. Please lets enjoy the debate without needless attacks,

@ hannie said

@Skyblue

Dosunmu na your elder brother ?

Because I pointed out that Dosonmu made some good points I am for Dosonmu and might be his elder brother. How terribly childish. Please grow up
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by hannie: 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2011
@sKY bLUE

I no need grow up . . .na u need to sharpen ur comprehension skills tongue

I asked whether he was ur elder brother not whether u were the elder one . . .

It was obvious ur candidate DOSUNMU got killed . . .kpele o grin grin

ur Dosunmu couldnt even offer any statistics offhand, was offcolour i all submissions and went to the extent of lying when we all knew that BRF had always been in Private practice ?

shame on u and ur principal!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by violent(m): 11:07pm On Mar 02, 2011
*****now playing Wasiu***. . . . . . .

sh'awa la leko, awa la leko ooo,
my people ayaya, we go dance o, ayaya
whether rain dey fall ,
abi sun dey shine,
shao shao, ayaya,
shawa shawa, ayaya
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by ekubear1: 12:08am On Mar 03, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

If fashola tries I mean even tries to run for presidency I would use everything I have everything I have every single thing I have to campaign for him, in fact beaf is learning where I will campaign for this man. Please please run for presidency please!
From now I am a lagosian please take note!

Fashola 2015 or 2019!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by kay4fun(m): 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2011
BRF was just at best during the debate. He has an agenda at hand compare to the rest of them that could not state any facts about Lagos.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by anonimi: 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2011
Democracy dividends CANNOT be obtained through ACN - Autocrats Congress of Nigeria[/color]- old men imposing their wives, kids, in-laws, relations and maybe even househelps on their party members.
Progress CANNOT come from ACN- Alliance for [color=#990000]Corruption
in Nigeria with Tinubu as their leader and Achike Udenwa as frontliner.
Shine your eyes(and ask your folks & friends do likewise), identify, scrutinise, select and mobilise support for your national and state assembly legislator candidates on individual merit basis NOT blindly on party basis.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by shagaman: 12:34pm On Mar 03, 2011
The debate was very interesting,however BABA RANDLE wasnt composed at all,it shows the kind of politics he is used to,Fashola said it all,its not by age its by intellectual ability to deliver dividends to people.

As for Dosunmu well out of the other contestants he tried sha

The debate was simple FASHOLA vs Others

Fashola no shaking,his composure sealed it all, The best man the cap fits.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by mcgboye(m): 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2011
Fashola WON the debate, of course, and by some distance too. He kept addressing issues. My worry is that none of his opponents proffered any solution to the mire of problems bedevilling Lagosians. They showed they were ignorant and inconsistent with the issues of the day. The greatest culprit was of course The PDP candidate who i hadn’t heard speak before so I was interested in what he had to say. But he failed spectacularly like his predecessor, Koro, in attacking the incumbent and failing to answer any of the questions asked. Any question like "what will you do to improve the road network in Lagos" was met by "This Lagos state govt has mismanaged our economy and looted the treasury". Is that a reasonable reply to such question? Fashola did what an incumbent would normally do in a democracy; used his achievement as a platform for his arguments. the burden of proof is then left on the challengers to proffer better alternatives.

This is why I cannot understand Mr Goodluck. Why not subject himself to a live debate where his own points would be what he HAS done while others will be saying what they WILL do. Except that he has not done anything in One year.
And pls stop this Deputy gov - acting gov-Governor - Vice President - acting president-President gimmick as a reason we should vote for GEJ it's simply an insult on the intelligence of millions of educated Nigerians like me. We need more than Goodluck; we need a president who can and will perform.

For the PDP, if they cannot solve our power problem in 12 years, how can they convince us they can do so in 4 years? I wonder.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by ayodeji1(m): 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2011
folks.i missed out on the debate.please does anyone have the info on when next they are gonna show the recorded version?
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by candylips(m): 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2011
did anyone record this debate
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by abes(m): 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2011
there will be a repeat broadcast at 3pm (naija time) on channels TV

http://www.channelstv.com/global/live_video.php
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by johnjoel(m): 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2011
fashola all the way
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by Mutiana: 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2011
Please is there a transcript of the debate?
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by buttkick: 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2011
didnt watch the debate but a colleague gave me a peep this morning. i dont live in lag. havent done so in ten years but i go back for a meeting or two regularly and i like what is going on. i hope fashola will run in 2015 for president. i will cast my vote him most def.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by BabaO2: 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2011
Fashola for third term jare, if possible for life.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by FBS: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2011
But I thought BRF said he won't contest for another term? saying that a brilliant student does not repeat the same class.

Anyways, I heard the man is doing wonderfully well and that he is the best candidate on ground.
May the best candidate who loves the people and the city win.

abeg, se person still fit watch a re-run of the debate?
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by intAce: 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2011
BRF did excellently well, he knows his onions. I was impressed when he was detailing street by street analysis in answer to a question from a member of the audience. Imagine Dr, Dosumu and his 24 yrs public service experience, he could not answer why he ended his career in disgrace without resigning I personally scored BRF 90%, Tokoya 39%, Dosumu 33%, Dominic 21% and Randle 19% .
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by agoshofin(m): 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2011
Baba_O:

Fashola for third term jare, if possible for life.
I like Fashola alot, but definately not 4 Third term, my problem wiv him nw is dat does he have or has he trained or has he identified anyone to takeover from him & can surpass his records, because d success of a leader is in the progress of his followers if he is no more a leader, Tinubu found him so he should find sm1 beta, else, JIMI AGBAJE should start his Lagos wide tour nw, so next debate, he'll talk with statistics,
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by agoshofin(m): 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2011
FBS:

But I thought BRF said he won't contest for a second term? saying that a brilliant student does not repeat the same class.

Anyways, I heard the man is doing wonderfully well and that he is the best candidate on ground.
May the best candidate who loves the people and the city win.

abeg, se person still fit watch a re-run of the debate?
yes on Channels @ 3 pm today
Mutiana:

Please is there a transcript of the debate?

yes pls any transcript,
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by sledge406: 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2011
Just wondering if any of you watched "Sunrise daily" on Channels TV as an addendum to the debate of yesterday in which the Ass. Pub. Sec  (If I'm not mistaken) of ACN in Lagos was called on to justify the morality and ways in which BRF handled his opponents most especially Randle. Well I must say, those guys in ACN (Lagos) sure know what they are doing and are pretty good with words.
Immediately after he left, an acclaimed lawyer representing Dosunmu's camp (PDP) "Taofeek", was made to justify Dosunmu and his words during the debate and from my observation, he proved what majority of PDP members are made up of; digressing from real isues, noise making, empty promises. . .The one question Dosumnu should answer is how does he intend to make Lagos better without Tax?

Anyway, all of them are still bonkers (though BRF is best) cos none of them were able to say anything on Agriculture in their Manifesto. Which brings forth the question, what are we gonna eat in time to come? Tarred roads, Electricity? Some dude claiming to work with the Lagos Government on "AGRIC YES (Youth Empowerment Scheme)" talked of an ongoing training of young farmers and gave statistics as if progress were made in that sector until another speaker "Shedrack Madlion" called him a liar  grin grin grin that all those figures were LIES cheesy. This Madlion stated the reason why ONIONS is the most expensive product today since when we gained Independence and talked of more problems likely to emanate in the Agricultural Sector calling them the biggest fraud in Nigeria. Take for instance, "Subsidizing the prices of fertilizer and making this fertilizer available at the end of the planting season"-Why bring it in the first place? None of the cows you folks eat in Nigeria is from Nigeria as they belong to the Chadians and people of Niger brought in through Yobe.

What I have come to understand is don't be a loyalist to any frigging party but look at the works of those in power and those intending to be in power and judge from there. Support the Individuals, Vote the individuals and never look up to the party they stand for. Only by that means are you sure of improvement in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by Mkpotu(m): 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2011
What I watched yesterday was no debate. It was as if it was a child's play. I heard one of the debaters criticizing Fashola that a wife or mother of a prominent Lagosian was finding it difficult to have an appointment with Fashola and stuffs like that, which I think infuriated the Governor.

Anyway, I am yet to see a Governorship debate that could match what they did in Anambra State in 2010 (during the Gubernatorial Election there) where all the gubernatorial candidates in the likes of Soludo, Peter Obi, Ngige, Andy Uba etc, made very sound submissions that put the electorates into dilemma of who to vote for. Everyone of them looked like a likely winner in that election especially after listening to their various manifestos and how they answered questions, though the Governor later won the election.

But what I saw yesterday, there was no seriousness on the faces of the candidates, all the same, Fashola will carry the day. Congrats!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by 9jauk: 3:11pm On Mar 03, 2011
Absolute rubbish, PDP had a brillliant candidate at hand,but he crashed out during primarys,due to ignorance on d delegates getting kick back from a convict,, how tragic,flawless fashola.Well done.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by DisGuy: 3:13pm On Mar 03, 2011
Damn thing is not showing! it's 3pm in naija now right? undecided
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by justdtruth: 3:14pm On Mar 03, 2011
the repeat of the debate is being broadcasted on channels TV now
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by DonGotti(m): 3:42pm On Mar 03, 2011
Its Live now!! - on Channels (Repeat)
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by Demdem(m): 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2011
intAce:

BRF did excellently well, he knows his onions. I was impressed when he was detailing street by street analysis in answer to a question from a member of the audience. Imagine Dr, Dosumu and his 24 yrs public service experience, he could not answer why he ended his career in disgrace without resigning I personally scored BRF 90%, Tokoya 39%, Dosumu 33%, Dominic 21% and Randle 19% .

Yes oooo. can u imagine he called my street. i am honoured grin grin grin
Another peep i know who knows lagos street well then was Aregbesola. the guy was just fantastic.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by Image123(m): 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2011
Some people are complaining about the quality of the opposition. A sensible opponent should know when to fight and when to stand back and wait. i guess the it's an uphill task for anyone to contest against brf now because he's king, not a blind mediocre like some other governors, in the land of the blind.
It's not rocket science for intelligent politicians to figure out that brf will win the polls, so why waste resource.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by SkyBlue1: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2011
Mkpotu:

What I watched yesterday was no debate. It was as if it was a child's play. I heard one of the debaters criticizing Fashola that a wife or mother of a prominent Lagosian was finding it difficult to have an appointment with Fashola and stuffs like that, which I think infuriated the Governor.

Anyway, I am yet to see a Governorship debate that could match what they did in Anambra State in 2010 (during the Gubernatorial Election there) where all the gubernatorial candidates in the likes of Soludo, Peter Obi, Ngige, Andy Uba etc, made very sound submissions that put the electorates into dilemma of who to vote for. Everyone of them looked like a likely winner in that election especially after listening to their various manifestos and how they answered questions, though the Governor later won the election.

But what I saw yesterday, there was no seriousness on the faces of the candidates, all the same, Fashola will carry the day. Congrats!

Exactly. I don't know how having no credible opposition and only one reasonably intelligent man is in anybody's mind a bastion of democratic ideals, I just don't get it. It is absolutely nothing to be proud of. Lagos has a population of over ten million, and those were the only alternatives the people had? What a shame and an embarassment.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by gididi: 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2011
I'M FOR BRF BUT I WANT HIM TO CLEAR THREE QUESTIONS FROM ADE [PDP]

1. IS IT TRUE THAT FROM MOBIL LEKKI TO EPE IS 48KLM @50BILLION NAIRA [ THAT IS 1.04BILLIONS PER KLM]

2.ACN BUILT 5,000 HOUSES FOR THE POOR AND READY TO SELL FROM 25M TO 40MILLION PER HOUSE.

3.CAN FASHOLA STATE THE CONTRACTS AWARDED AND THE AMOUNT--44 ROADS TO BE READY IN MARCH AND 60 ROADS TO BE READY BEFORE THE END OF THIS YEAR ACCORDING TO BRF YESTERDAY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Mujahadeen Will Wipe Out The U.S - Abdulmutallab / Fresh Attack On Police Station In Sokoto Kills Policeman / Justice Rita Ofili-ajumogobia Re-arraigned, Granted Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.