Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,926 members, 7,844,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels (10349 Views)

Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) / Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times / Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by Bamise(m): 5:23pm On Mar 03, 2011
Fashola really floored the other contestants, especially Dosumu, who was talking like a drunkard. Big up to BRF!!!!!!!!!!!. Eko o ni baje o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 03, 2011
wat is the joy about this dedate
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by lyfe(m): 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2011
Wow, I laughed my axx off grin when, the SDMP gubernatorial candidate was referring to Fashola saying "Awon omo alai leko" ill-trained brat.He took it too personal and muscular totally refusing to hug and shake Fashola.

I really respect those candidates especially Dosunmu, It shows the stuffs Lagos have, the worst candidate will floor Akala and it will be a flawless victory, I am expecting something like that here in Oyo State.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by globatop: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2011
@anonimi
Democracy dividends CANNOT be obtained through ACN - Autocrats Congress of Nigeria- old men imposing their wives, kids, in-laws, relations and maybe even househelps on their party members.
Progress CANNOT come from ACN- Alliance for Corruption in Nigeria with Tinubu as their leader and Achike Udenwa as frontliner.
Shine your eyes(and ask your folks & friends do likewise), identify, scrutinise, select and mobilise support for your national and state assembly legislator candidates on individual merit basis NOT blindly on party basis.

ur advice is noted, but dont forget that even BRF was forced on electorate then, he later became a blessing to Lagosian, Abike Dabiri of National Assembly was Tinunbu"s candidate, she is equally good, if their wives, inlaws and even concubines can deliver, let them be, surely, ACN arrangement is far better than what has been happening in Kwara state, even better than Yardua treatment from OBJ.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by otokx(m): 7:11pm On Mar 03, 2011
lagos is surely no 1
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by jenuwyne: 7:17pm On Mar 03, 2011
Frankly, it wasnt a contest/debate. Their lack of cohension, facts, ideas etc shows they have no inkling of what it is to govern. I expected a debate just like we use to have them those days in school, these dundies just made Fashola carry the day. Yes, Fashola passes for a good governor(to the best of my knowledge) and i expect the guys that wants to take his job to tell us in a DEBATE why we shouldn't vote for him, yet they came to tell us stories and just make me want to hear Fashola speak more.

I really do not have any advice for the other candidates, i just thank God am not related to them. Dem for finish me for office. God i beg o.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by eros(m): 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2011
BRF was fantastic. Mr. Randle was clueless. So was Mr. Dosunmu who continued to shout how he had 24 years experience. The other Candidates were just making up the number. I can't even remember their names.  
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by DisGuy: 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2011
you've gotta give dem credit for atleast showing up and not requesting questions in advance and barring questions from audience like Jonny odelechukwu

Now when will ~Channels upload the damn thing online angry

Can i also ask, were the audience asking Fashola more questions than the rest or it was balanced?
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by jenuwyne: 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2011
^^ my dear no credit for them, would ve been better if they did not show up, everybody including other candidates came to listen to Fashola. Everything was abt the Fash.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by 1025: 7:57pm On Mar 03, 2011
when is our presidential debate coming up? will jonathan show up?
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by dayokanu(m): 8:11pm On Mar 03, 2011
1025:

when is our presidential debate coming up? will jonathan show up?

Can we have expo? If not, No presidential candidate. The mumu representing PhD Sorry PDP cant debate
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by ogbongzky(m): 8:17pm On Mar 03, 2011
Dosunmu na confirm street guy ooo. see as he just dey yarn na. Oga Rnadu no even fit answer questions. Na something else he come do for debate.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by deols(f): 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2011
Someone said something about the other candidates as being the best Lagos has to offer. This isn't true but only tells how the political landscape is. Many people qualified for this might not even get to the primaries, let alone become flag bearers of many of these parties, PDP as a big example.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by 9ja4eva: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
GO FASHOLA

OGA NOTHING DO YOU

FASHOLA FOR 2011 LAGOS STATE

FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015

God Bless you
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by Shinor(m): 10:19pm On Mar 03, 2011
The debate will be repeated at 11pm Nigerian Time today Thursday 3rd March 2011.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by tlops(m): 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2011
Good one!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by calculusx(m): 10:57pm On Mar 03, 2011
where is beaf and agaistGEJ? Have they gone for their share in AbjI dey laugh oooo
Can't wait for the Presidential Debate if there will be any. With EXPO, GEJ will still messup, OOhhhh my dear Country Nigeria
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by loma(m): 11:24pm On Mar 03, 2011
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by loma(m): 11:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
Contrast Randle's opening statement of love and friendliness with his 'agbaya' action at the end!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by Peaceabdul: 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2011
Original no get equal,that is exactly what ws displayed at the debate.Fashola is more of unuposed!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by ekubear1: 12:14am On Mar 04, 2011
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by chatterly: 1:00am On Mar 04, 2011
KAi,
See how Fashola finish old man.
POWER GOOD O
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by EkoIle1: 1:18am On Mar 04, 2011
Just fast forward to 8:7 for comedy,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAaPnmDVbjA&p=CB8AF34310E9D59D

Papa Randu is one petty a/s/s old man, lmao
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 04, 2011
Thank God for youtube!!!!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! cheesy
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by Nobody: 3:29am On Mar 04, 2011
Eko Ile:

Just fast forward to 8:7 for comedy,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAaPnmDVbjA&p=CB8AF34310E9D59D

Papa Randu is one petty a/s/s old man, lmao

I'm disappointed in him, although it was funny. He's looking for respect in politics? Lol. He was the one that even started punching below the belt with his sentimental story. I was already succumbing to his story until Fashola came back with a retort, lol. And he looked like a decent man, but his arguments were not solid at all. All I got from him is he should be voted because he's older rather than merits. I think he needs to join Nairaland to garner a thicker skin. cheesy

I'm impressed with Lagos state and channels tv. More kudos to their elbows.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by dayokanu(m): 4:55am On Mar 04, 2011
Thank you for uploading this.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by misterh(m): 5:49am On Mar 04, 2011
WHEN YOU ARE GOOD& UPRIGHT, YOU ARE CONFIDENT & BOLD. FASHOLA DEPICTED THAT.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by EkoIle1: 6:33am On Mar 04, 2011
gididi:

I'M FOR BRF BUT I WANT HIM TO CLEAR THREE QUESTIONS FROM ADE [PDP]

1. IS IT TRUE THAT FROM MOBIL LEKKI TO EPE IS 48KLM @50BILLION NAIRA [ THAT IS 1.04BILLIONS PER KLM]

2.ACN BUILT 5,000 HOUSES FOR THE POOR AND READY TO SELL FROM 25M TO 40MILLION PER HOUSE.

3.CAN FASHOLA STATE THE CONTRACTS AWARDED AND THE AMOUNT--44 ROADS TO BE READY IN MARCH AND 60 ROADS TO BE READY BEFORE THE END OF THIS YEAR ACCORDING TO BRF YESTERDAY.

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, on Thursday, said Nigerian politicians seeking elective offices have to change their campaign strategies, in the interest of the country's progress.

During an exclusive interview with NEXT, Mr Fashola, reacting to the governorship debate in which he participated along four other gubernatorial[b] candidates, said "it would seem that none of the candidates have spoken to the issues that concern Lagosians." "What they were concerned about was to criticise what we have done," he said. "At that kind of forum where the debate was intended to inform and enlighten the public, they didn't bring the discussions that I was expecting. I wanted to learn from them if there are better ways of doing what we are doing. For me, this is not a time to criticise. Complaining that we didn't do it well is not the answer. The citizens want to know how you will do it better. There was a question, for example, that ‘what will you do to improve education system' and the answer that came was ‘I know what to do',"[/b]

Performance analysis

When asked to assess his achievement regarding the goals he set for himself on assumption of office, Mr Fashola said he has performed beyond his target, if the promises he made are considered within the context of the four-year time frame the prevailing economic environment during those four years. "I think that we have delivered more than we promised," he said. "If you read my inaugural address and the terms of the document I issued then as my contract with Lagos, I think we have delivered more than we promised," he said. "But to me, that delivery was situated within the context of a time frame and an economic environment. So if we have had more money, there are things we would have loved to do and progressed more quickly."

[b]Answering the critics

The governor also responded to some allegations against his administration, especially the cost of road construction, the funding of election in other South Western states, taxation, and ownership of the Alpha Beta Company. "It cannot be correct," he said, responding to the allegations that to construct one kilometre of road in the state costs N1bn. "Some of our opponents who made these allegations use some of the contractors that we use," he said.

"They execute projects in a different terrain from ours and our prices are still lower than theirs. To build away from the coast is cheaper than building close to the coast. When you build close to the coast, seventy percent of your cost goes into drainage that is concrete and iron rod. There is a highway being built in Abuja towards the airport. I am building the Lagos-Badagary expressway right in the midst of marshland. The drainage we are sinking there is almost three feet deep and three feet wide. There is no such drainage on the Abuja highway. The materials they are using are right on site, we have to go to the sea to take filling materials."[/b]

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5681328-146/story.csp
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by boladez(m): 7:01am On Mar 04, 2011
It was a mismatch , total mismatch, Fashola should have moderated the debate rather than joining in.

I feel he was too harsh on Randle, the old man was apparently struggling to keep his thoughts together and was so bitter about various personal issues. Fashola should have helped the guy by massaging his old ego so that he would die a not to bitter fellow. Fashola came to strong on the baba unfortunately.

Life is really beyond unhealthy competition.

Great and inciteful debate but it's quite clear Fashola is an eloquent and hands on leader churning out statistics and names of streets effortlessly, I just love the guy. The other contestants don't have anything to offer lagosians. Fashola has challenged my leadership skills and I see myself as incompetent compared to BRF
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 04, 2011
awon omo ti o leko yi, LOL , Its a freakin debate grandpa, He stated the facts, Fashola would not make such allegations without proper evidence, that is why he has rejected ur request to see him! Do the right thing papa randell, baba oloshi!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by gwas(m): 8:34am On Mar 04, 2011
Can we have expo? If not, No presidential candidate. The mumu representing PhD Sorry PDP cant debate
true!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels by gwas(m): 8:35am On Mar 04, 2011
wat is the joy about this dedate
foolish question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted / Governor Simon Lalong Holds Peace Meeting With Leaders Of Communities In Jos. / 2019: I Will Unmask Sponsors Of Boko Haram Terrorists If Elected – Akhimien

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.